Underwear!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 k-ko

Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:53 AM

Hi ladies.
I’m on the hunt for comfy, good quality undies and have failed to find anything I’m happy with. For years I wore Spafx from target. A garment made with cotton and aloe. Great quality, strong elastic,durable. Great price. They’ve seemed to have stopped making them afew months back and I can’t find even online.
Since then I’ve tried so many diff types but nothing lives up.... even bonds are so stretchy , loose and I find poorly made. I like the elastic to hold not creep up my  butt.
Any recommendations....
tia

Edited by k-ko, 14 January 2020 - 07:55 AM.

#2 seayork2002

Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:19 AM

I love Kmart full briefs the ones big enough that can be put up a flagpole

#3 Ivy Ivy

Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:36 AM

Will follow this with interest as I have exactly the same problem. Drawer full of Target cotton brief and big grandma undies but no joy within.

#4 blackcat20

Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:46 AM

Jockey Parisienne.

#5 born.a.girl

Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:49 AM

blackcat20, on 14 January 2020 - 08:46 AM, said:

Jockey Parisienne.

Seconded, especially for pear shapes like me.

You can frequently get them at 40% off at bonds shops, and I just scavenge through their already discounted ones (I really don't care that they're last season's patterns!).

They have several different styles, mine are the boyleg.

#6 Daffy2016

Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:04 AM

Jockey Parisienne.

Thirded. Their cotton full briefs or boylegs are excellent. I used to get the same target ones but have changed to these and not looked back. Plus they last for ages.

#7 rowd

Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:01 AM

Jockey are my favourite too, but I like the NPLP range best.

#8 PoolsideMasterchef

Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:41 AM

seayork2002, on 14 January 2020 - 08:19 AM, said:

I love Kmart full briefs the ones big enough that can be put up a flagpole

I used to love kmart but lately I feel like they have gone downhill.   I hope they never change their bras they are the only ones that fit me!

#9 Kallie88

Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:45 AM

I've been getting best and less (the ed-it-ed brand) ones for ages, but my last lot have all died so I'd also love a good brand (I'm plus size though which compounds my issues)

Edited by Kallie88, 14 January 2020 - 10:51 AM.

#10 SeaPrincess

Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:01 AM

Jockey Parisienne.

I found their sizing incredibly inconsistent when I tried them. I bought 3 identical-looking pairs and they each fitted completely differently. I was like Goldilocks - too big, too small, one pair was just right.

#11 Hands Up

Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:14 AM

Jockey Parisienne.

And for me. I don’t own anything else! I wait for the sales and then stock up. I love them. I buy the bikini style.

#12 blackcat20

Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:30 AM

born.a.girl, on 14 January 2020 - 08:49 AM, said:

Seconded, especially for pear shapes like me.

You can frequently get them at 40% off at bonds shops, and I just scavenge through their already discounted ones (I really don't care that they're last season's patterns!).

They have several different styles, mine are the boyleg.
I just got a heap for $10 each from bonds outlet online.

#13 k-ko

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:13 PM

I’ve seen the jockey Parisienne but thought they were very thin. Do they stay in place?? Ie. don’t creep up ?

#14 Kiwi Bicycle

Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:47 PM

Do all the Jockey Parisienne have lace around the leg openings? I just had a look on Jockey site and it looks like they do. Doesn't it chafe? All the lace legged underwear I have tried, the lace acted like a cheese grater on my skin.
I currently like Kmart's soft polester/ elastane plain bikins that come in a 3 pack.

#15 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:15 PM

I didn't love the Parisiennes. I like the Kmart boylegs at $2 a pair.

#16 Dianalynch

Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:28 PM

Bonds bikini hipster covers my ample behind

#17 blackcat20

Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:34 PM

View PostKiwi Bicycle, on 14 January 2020 - 01:47 PM, said:

Do all the Jockey Parisienne have lace around the leg openings? I just had a look on Jockey site and it looks like they do. Doesn't it chafe? All the lace legged underwear I have tried, the lace acted like a cheese grater on my skin.
I currently like Kmart's soft polester/ elastane plain bikins that come in a 3 pack.

They do but it's nice and soft. Never had any chafing and I don't have slim thighs

#18 Bearynice

Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:18 PM

Bamboo jockey Parisienne

#19 k-ko

Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:43 PM

Thanks for the replies!!!!
Will try the jockey. Has anyone tried the booty that’s advertised all over social media..??

#20 lizzzard

Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:09 PM

Can't go past the original hipster boy leg bonds. They are the only ones I buy.

#21 Paddlepop

Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:11 PM

Aren't these the same as the SpaFX briefs?
https://www.target.c...-white/62866217

I like the Kmart multipack briefs. They seem to stay in place well.
https://www.kmart.co...t-briefs/939921

#22 spr_maiden

Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:55 PM

OP,  the spafx are online via PaddlePop's link.  Under full briefs tab.

#23 smilinggirl

Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:57 PM

View Postk-ko, on 14 January 2020 - 05:43 PM, said:

Has anyone tried the booty that’s advertised all over social media..??

yes, I wear Booty and love them. Good absorption for warm days. Kept their shape well and don’t take ages to dry. I don’t wear anything else.

#24 Mooples

Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:02 PM

I’ve seen those jockey ones recommended here so many times, I’m going to give them a go too. I’m so sick of my bonds ones breaking, the elastic stitching comes apart on all of them. What is a cheap price for the jockeys?

#25 k-ko

Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:16 PM

View PostPaddlepop, on 14 January 2020 - 07:11 PM, said:

Aren't these the same as the SpaFX briefs?
https://www.target.c...-white/62866217

I like the Kmart multipack briefs. They seem to stay in place well.
https://www.kmart.co...t-briefs/939921

Yess!! That’s them. A slight name change and I couldn’t find them online. Definitely not in store at my local though. But online will do. Had a peek and they have the bikini ones which I like too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.