Due in Sept 2020 chat #1

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 08 January 2020 - 08:58 AM

Welcome to your own little section ladies and a HUGE congratulations.

:BFP: :BFP: :babyboy: :babygirl: :babyboy: :babygirl: :BFP: :BFP:  

Enjoy this wonderful journey and I wish you all a wonderful birth.

Please make sure you read this forums rules in particular Facebook, this group is a safe place and inclusive of anyone due in this month. Do not post about Facebook Groups

If you need any help just let me know.

#2 Miss_Stac

Posted 09 January 2020 - 08:48 PM

Wow first post!

Hi everyone baby #4 for us.
Got our positive last week after a round of IVF. EDD is Sept 16th. Bit of an age gap and hopefully it's just like riding a bike.

Looking forward to sharing the journey with you all.

Edited by Miss_Stac, 09 January 2020 - 08:48 PM.

#3 Lilismama

Posted 10 January 2020 - 10:03 AM

Hi Miss_Stac, congrats on your BFP and #4!
We have a very early faint positive for #2 will be due September 23rd. My DD will be 2.5 so just getting out of the baby phase to jump right back in
Loved my first DIG and looking forward to getting to know you all xx

#4 Miss_Stac

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:40 PM

Congratulations Lillsmama

Our age gaps will be
8 years  DD
10 years DS
12 years DS

This baby is with my new partner and he is an amazing step dad and as much as I said no more I decided one round of IVF (my tubes were previously tied) wouldn't hurt and here we are.

#5 Sailor4

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:24 AM

I have been waiting for this DIG to open. EDD is 30th August at this stage (dating scan on wed to confirm), but I feel like we are more likely to be early September than August! This is our 2nd baby, my daughter is 13 months old :)

#6 SD_AD_99

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:29 AM

I agree this group took forever to open!! 2nd pregnancy but 1st baby for me. Pretty nervous waiting for my first scan which is this Friday. EDD would be the 1st Sept

#7 Moo-me

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:40 PM

Hey guys,

Just got a very strong and completely unexpected BFP this morning. I’m estimating I’m about 6 weeks but not sure. Also had a few m/cs so unsure if this one will stick.

Quite surreal after trolling these forums for info when I was baby crazy and ttc a few years ago to now being in a completely different place in my life. Tbh not really sure what I’m going to do...

congratulations to everyone

#8 crazy87

Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:13 PM

Got my BFP before Christmas but when I went to the Dr a few weeks later there was only an empty sac 😕 told me to come back in a week because I wasn't sure of dates...by which time I'd convinced myself it was non viable, only to be told there was now a yolk and tiny heartbeat to be found! 120bpm.
Said come back in another week and now the heartbeat is 145bpm but he couldn't get a clear picture so no idea how far on I am!

Totally confused by it all to be honest! I think I must've ovulated, and then had a late implantation cause I would've thought I'd be way further ahead than it looks like I am....

🤞🤞🤞 that it's all ok when I go back next week

#9 Moo-me

Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:52 PM

Welcome crazy87

Has anyone gotten their blood work back yet? Saturday was hcg 4060 and progesterone 47.4. I’m happy with this but still not sure how far I am. Hopefully I can get a scan on Friday morning to give me some idea.

#10 Miss_Stac

Posted 13 January 2020 - 10:52 PM

Moo-me - I have mine but I am IVF so we get tested early.
Mine 11 days post transfer was 164 and my progesterone was 446 but I'm on progesterone and estrogen pesseraies. 5 weeks today and I have more bloods done Wednesday. I have had 3 other pregnancies with low hcg levels so I'm not to worried.

I know this probably dosent help you but thought I would share.

Fingers crossed I'm heading in the right direction with a sticky baby. Ultrasound is in 2 weeks.

Edited by Miss_Stac, 13 January 2020 - 10:54 PM.

#11 Miss_Stac

Posted 13 January 2020 - 11:06 PM

Welcome everyone 😊

#12 Lilismama

Posted 13 January 2020 - 11:14 PM

No bloods yet, because we actually came on holidays 2 days after positive test so will wait until back home on the weekend and go get them done then. Congrats to everyone else🙂

#13 BellaLuna88

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:47 PM

Hey everyone! I got my BFP yesterday after TTC for 9 Months. My due date is 16th September at this stage. This is my 3rd pregnancy. I currently have a 3 year old and a 19 month old. Looking forward to sharing this journey with everyone. I have found my previous DIG so supportive! I see my GP tomorrow and will ask for HCG level.

#14 Miss_Stac

Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:09 PM

View PostMoo-me, on 13 January 2020 - 07:52 PM, said:

Welcome crazy87

Has anyone gotten their blood work back yet? Saturday was hcg 4060 and progesterone 47.4. I’m happy with this but still not sure how far I am. Hopefully I can get a scan on Friday morning to give me some idea.

5 weeks and 2 days and these are my results from today

E2: 4501
P4: 460
QhCG: 4392

Hope this helps

#15 Amelie_

Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:25 PM

Hi everyone! Nervously joining you all. I have had two recent early losses, but I am feeling a bit more confident this time. Particularly as my HCG level has just come back a little higher than average for my dates (10,867 at 5 weeks 1 day). Now fingers crossed that has doubled when I have a repeat test tomorrow!

How are you all feeling?

#16 Moo-me

Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:34 PM

Thanks Stac.
Saturday my blood was 4060 and Tuesday was 8300. Never had such a high or double before so fingers crossed.

I have no idea when my lmp was but after remembering I got my period two days after buying and wearing brand new undies 😫  (after finding that transaction on my banking app) I think I am 5weeks and 2 days.  I got my ultrasound referral for a dating scan today but guess I should wait a week hey?

#17 Miss_Stac

Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:05 PM

View PostMoo-me, on 15 January 2020 - 09:34 PM, said:

Thanks Stac.
Saturday my blood was 4060 and Tuesday was 8300. Never had such a high or double before so fingers crossed.

I have no idea when my lmp was but after remembering I got my period two days after buying and wearing brand new undies 😫  (after finding that transaction on my banking app) I think I am 5weeks and 2 days.  I got my ultrasound referral for a dating scan today but guess I should wait a week hey?

I am having mine at 7 weeks. So 2 weeks time

#18 darcswan

Posted 16 January 2020 - 12:59 PM

Dipping a toe in... I have a surprise first pregnancy! I took a day off work 2 weeks ago thinking I had a virus (was super exhausted) and when I didn’t bounce back... On Wednesday I did the math. And then the pregnancy test. And then another.

I feel completely unprepared! I don’t know the lingo. All I’ve done is sleep and book in a GP appointment. So I guess that’s first things first hey, confirm actual pregnancy?

I just wanted to say it out loud somewhere though!

Congrats to you all though for your growing families

#19 Amelie_

Posted 16 January 2020 - 01:43 PM

That must have been a shock, darcswan. How are you feeling about it?

Definitely all you need to do now is try to rest when you can and wait for your GP appointment. They'll be able to talk you through the next steps.

And it looks like there are quite a few of us here who have been through it all before, so we're here if you have questions.

View PostMoo-me, on 15 January 2020 - 09:34 PM, said:

Thanks Stac.

I have no idea when my lmp was but after remembering I got my period two days after buying and wearing brand new undies   (after finding that transaction on my banking app) I think I am 5weeks and 2 days.  I got my ultrasound referral for a dating scan today but guess I should wait a week hey?

Moo-me, my GP also recommended I book my dating scan for what I think will be 7 weeks.

#20 Moo-me

Posted 16 January 2020 - 05:56 PM

I am going completely neurotic worrying about everything. I’m consciously stopping myself from going back to dr for another blood test. I booked my scan for the 25th. Just can’t wait any later

Hope everyone else is well! I might have had a bit of nausea today but I wonder how much is just in my head.

#21 Amelie_

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:08 PM

Moo-me we can be neurotic together. My doctor didn't call today with the results of my repeat HCG test and she's away for the weekend so I won't find out until Tuesday at the earliest. Now I'll just wait, worry and over analyse every symptom (because that's what I do!).

Fingers crossed you get some comfort from your scan next week!

I was super worried that I hadn't had symptoms for a couple of days, but I got smacked hard by the nausea today so hoping it's all ok in there!

I did read something last night that I really tried to focus on. Maybe they will help you too Moo-me: Try not to read too much into the day to day changes of your pregnancy symptoms. It's normal for symptoms to fluctuate widely during the first trimester. Also I read that it's really common not to feel anything before 6 weeks.

#22 darcswan

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:53 PM

View PostAmelie_, on 16 January 2020 - 01:43 PM, said:

That must have been a shock, darcswan. How are you feeling about it?

Definitely all you need to do now is try to rest when you can and wait for your GP appointment. They'll be able to talk you through the next steps.

Thanks for your kind words!

I am surprised, but kind of a bit ... welp, what will come will come!  

I was relieved my DH was excited - I did a sneaky test that didn’t work, and realised I didn’t want to see the result without him. He just wrapped me up with a grin and said ‘bout time we had some little ones running around!’  

View PostAmelie_, on 16 January 2020 - 08:08 PM, said:

I was super worried that I hadn't had symptoms for a couple of days, but I got smacked hard by the nausea today so hoping it's all ok in there

Funny about relying on these rather unpleasant symptoms to signal all the inner workings. Fingers crossed for you and Moo.

My in laws arrive tonight, so that will be fun!

#23 Sailor4

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:01 PM

I have been doing the same with the symptoms! I had horrendous nausea from 5.5weeks to 7 weeks. Im now 7 + 4, and still have nausea but it isn't anywhere near as bad. It makes me so nervous, even though we saw a heart beat on our dating scan yesterday!
Because we got our BFP over Christmas I havent even got HCG results yet..should get those tomorrow at the GP appt, better late than never right!

#24 MissTR

Posted 19 January 2020 - 05:10 AM

Hi all, congratulations to everyone! I'm glad everyone is ticking along nicely I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

We are 7 weeks, due September 5 (ish) we've got a viability scan tomorrow. We have a 21 month old daughter and 4 angel babies, we're hoping this is our rainbow baby.

#25 Amelie_

Posted 19 January 2020 - 07:47 AM

What a lovely reaction from DH, darcswan! Did you tell your in-laws or are you waiting?

Sailor4 it's weird how it comes and goes. Hopefully you're one of the lucky ones who just gets a short period of nausea! I was so worried about not having nausea earlier this week, but now I'm lying in bed this morning trying to nibble on some toast absolutely hating this part haha.

Good luck with your scan tomorrow, MissTR!

7 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

loulou1985

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.