TTC January 2020

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 OrangeSprout

Posted 07 January 2020 - 12:59 PM

So it's a new year and a new month so here's a new thread :)
Goodluck everyone!

Link to old thread:

http://www.essential...-november-2019/

#2 Inda

Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:59 PM

Hi ladies, happy to see a January thread started.

After a light but clear positive on Sunday (CD 33) I am not feeling confident. I have done 2 tests since and at this stage they don't seem to be getting any darker and any symptoms I thought I had, seem to be going or gone. Hopefully I am wrong. No doubt I will now be a POAS addict until I get answers. Currently CD35, last cycle was 37 days but am normally roughly 32 days.

Since we have a new thread.. I have an almost 20 month old DD and have been TTC #2 since May. I had a missed miscarriage in September which ended in a D&C.

Wishing everyone luck for January

Edited by Inda, 07 January 2020 - 05:03 PM.

#3 Sarah_434

Posted 08 January 2020 - 08:00 AM

Hopefully things get darker Inda

AFM, only 2nd cycle TTC. DH had a vasectomy reversal in November, we don’t yet know if his count is high enough. He’ll get tested this month.

CD9, high reading on OPK today. Should get peak reading tomorrow, so O on Friday.

#4 Inda

Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:46 AM

So are you trying this month Sarah? or will you wait until the results come in? Good luck either way.

AFM, This mornings test is fading to almost a negative. Expecting AF to arrive today/tomorrow with some break through happening.
Feeling very deflated. On to month 9..

#5 Sarah_434

Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:59 AM

View PostInda, on 08 January 2020 - 09:46 AM, said:

So are you trying this month Sarah? or will you wait until the results come in? Good luck either way.

AFM, This mornings test is fading to almost a negative. Expecting AF to arrive today/tomorrow with some break through happening.
Feeling very deflated. On to month 9..

Good luck for next month.

we actively trying, just thinking positive that the reversal has worked.

#6 kMn_065

Posted 08 January 2020 - 08:46 PM

View PostSarah_434, on 08 January 2020 - 08:00 AM, said:

Hopefully things get darker Inda

AFM, only 2nd cycle TTC. DH had a vasectomy reversal in November, we don’t yet know if his count is high enough. He’ll get tested this month.

CD9, high reading on OPK today. Should get peak reading tomorrow, so O on Friday.

Hi Sarah!
We are looking into having a v-reversal after having it done and quite literally immediately regretting it 😭
I was wondering what you could tell me about the procedure? I dont suppose you'd be in Melbourne, and your partner had it there? Also, what did it cost you, roughly?

#7 -Carpe Diem-

Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:02 PM

View PostSarah_434, on 08 January 2020 - 09:59 AM, said:

Good luck for next month.

we actively trying, just thinking positive that the reversal has worked.

Good luck to the both of you this month !

We’re on our second month TTC . CD4 . Just waiting for O and trying to keep with my normal healthy eating and gym routine!
Last TTC/pregnancy I slacked a lot and really regretted losing my fitness . So hoping to stay on top of it this time !

#8 Sarah_434

Posted 10 January 2020 - 08:17 AM

I keep thinking I need to get back to the gym, it’s not really happening at the moment.

CD11 and peak reading on OPK this morning. So O is probably tomorrow because I tested last night and it was high reading. Lots of BDing, feeling positive.

#9 CharnixStar

Posted 10 January 2020 - 11:50 AM

Hey....New here....but I'm on CD 35 but my period usually comes CD 24 and over the past year my period has never been longer then CD24. I got a Bfn on CD30. When should i retest. I had spoting on CD18. I know with my 2nd child, I didn't get a BFP into 2 weeks after period was due. When should I retest?

#10 Sarah_434

Posted 10 January 2020 - 12:33 PM

View PostCharnixStar, on 10 January 2020 - 11:50 AM, said:

Hey....New here....but I'm on CD 35 but my period usually comes CD 24 and over the past year my period has never been longer then CD24. I got a Bfn on CD30. When should i retest. I had spoting on CD18. I know with my 2nd child, I didn't get a BFP into 2 weeks after period was due. When should I retest?

Hi CharnixStar

short cycle like me, mine is 23 to 25 days.

the hCG hormone is meant to double every few day, if it’s been 5 days since you first test it should have double and might now be able to be picked up. But you can get your blood tested at the doctors to be sure

#11 ThePlacebo

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:27 PM

Hi everyone, just introducing myself. I’m 29 with a five month old DD, now trying for number two. Still breastfeeding on demand so not even sure if I’m ovulating, but no harm in trying anyway!!

CharnixStar any chance you ovulated late? Are you temping or using OPKs or anything? Maybe your HCG is still getting high enough to be detected. My fingers are crossed for you!!

#12 CharnixStar

Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:01 PM

Wasn't planning on getting pregnant so havent charted things. I tested today but bfn. I had spotting on cd18  which is just odd for a usual period for myself. Its okay if its not meant to be, its not meant to be. :) tho the thoughts of being pregnant, has grown on me that I do want one more child. :)

#13 *~*emma*~*

Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:04 PM

Dipping heels in too! CD7 today. Starting the every second day BDing and will increase once I get a +OPK

#14 CharnixStar

Posted 10 January 2020 - 05:30 PM

*~*emma*~*, on 10 January 2020 - 04:04 PM, said:

Dipping heels in too! CD7 today. Starting the every second day BDing and will increase once I get a +OPK

Good luck Emma

#15 -Carpe Diem-

Posted 10 January 2020 - 09:58 PM

OPK question
I’m just using IC ones . When should I test ? Morning or night ? And from what cycle day ????

#16 Sarah_434

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:59 AM

-Carpe Diem-, on 10 January 2020 - 09:58 PM, said:

OPK question
I’m just using IC ones . When should I test ? Morning or night ? And from what cycle day ????

it really depends on your cycle length from what I can gather. I’m not sure on the morning or night one.

I'm using a two hormone one, that looks for estrogen and LH. With my cycle length averaging 25, (but can be 23 days) the instructions tells me to start on day 6. I usually get the estrogen rise CD8 and then LH on CD10 or 11. But everyone is different.

#17 eigne

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:13 PM

OPKs should be done in the afternoon at around the same time each day and after having held urine for 2 hours and not drunk too much. Or something like that! It’s a pain in the ass haha. The reason is that women tend to get a LH surge in the morning so the afternoon testing picks it up better. I try to do it when I get home from work about 6.30 so I have my last drink of water at about 4.30ish.

I’ve bought the more expensive two hormone OPKs this time because with my irregular cycles I need to know when the window is starting, whereas the ICs only tell me when it’s about to end.

Hi 🙂 I’ve been reading along for a few months but haven’t posted before. I’m TTC my second and we’re up to six months of actively trying. My first is nearly 3.

#18 ThePlacebo

Posted 11 January 2020 - 05:25 PM

View PostCharnixStar, on 10 January 2020 - 04:01 PM, said:

Wasn't planning on getting pregnant so havent charted things. I tested today but bfn. I had spotting on cd18  which is just odd for a usual period for myself. Its okay if its not meant to be, its not meant to be. :) tho the thoughts of being pregnant, has grown on me that I do want one more child. :)

:( on the bfn. What CD are you up to now? CD18 could have be ovulation spotting or implantation spotting? Keeping things crossed for you! :)

#19 Inda

Posted 11 January 2020 - 08:54 PM

Hi ladies, nice to see some activity this month!

I don't use OPK's, I never had much luck with them when trying for DD, but when I did try them I'm sure the Clearblue ones said to use in the morning with FMU. As for the day to start, that depends on your cycle as Sarah said above.

AFM, I am CD4 and my fingers are tightly crossed for a successful month and to stick this cycle. Definitely beginning to drag out. We will just continue as we have been, track my CM and DTD every second day or so from about CD8.

Goodluck for when you test next CharnixStar.

Edited by Inda, 11 January 2020 - 08:55 PM.

#20 *~*emma*~*

Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:44 AM

With opk, I’m using cheapies and I yest morning and afternoon. Don’t know if that’s right but it seems to work.

#21 Sweet.Pea

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:07 AM

Hi Everyone I'm here too.

CD 6 for me and I'm not using OPK either. Just gauge it. Second month trying for us, for our second.

#22 *~*emma*~*

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:43 AM

View PostSweet.Pea, on 12 January 2020 - 06:07 AM, said:

Hi Everyone I'm here too.

CD 6 for me and I'm not using OPK either. Just gauge it. Second month trying for us, for our second.

I am 3rd month for my second (1st with my husband).
I wanted to do like you, but I’ve turned crazy already. My first was conceived with 5 years of IVF which killed that marrriage.!

#23 Sarah_434

Posted 12 January 2020 - 09:12 AM

awesome to see so many people.

AFM, DPO1 on to the TWW. I’m a POAS Addict, so although I have best intentions of not testing too early, I probably will.

Totally agree Emma, the OPKS are making me crazy too. Poor DH felt a bit pressured this month with all the “science stuff.”
Going to try relax a bit and calm down if there is a 3rd cycle, I’m saying that but not sure if I actually will.

#24 CharnixStar

Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:31 PM

View PostThePlacebo, on 11 January 2020 - 05:25 PM, said:

Posted Image on the bfn. What CD are you up to now? CD18 could have be ovulation spotting or implantation spotting? Keeping things crossed for you! Posted Image

Im on CD 35 - no period yet but also BFN pregnancy test on CD33 - think ill test again on CD40 if period hasnt shown itself. Takes forever to book into the doctors in my country town, think we have 4 week wait currently.

#25 ljp89

Posted 13 January 2020 - 10:32 PM

Hi everyone. I’m back, I’ve had a month or so away from the forums as I just needed a break. We had a few deaths in the family around Christmas, I’ve started a really hard full time job an hour away from home so I’m stressed, and I just couldn’t deal with everything as well as the fact that we still hadn’t conceived, which the forums were just a big reminder of.
But I’m feeling like I’m in a better space mentally now so going to dip my foot back in and maybe contribute.

My background for anyone who’s new or forgotten - we’re TTC #2. DD has just turned 2 and still breastfeeds pretty regularly, which contributes to me having long cycles and weird hormonal pms like symptoms, but I’m not willing to wean her for the sake of conceiving.

So we’re in cycle 7 or 8 of TTC, though my cycles only came back 15 months postpartum with DD, and were irregular for a long while, so really the first few cycles of TTC didn’t count for us as it’s probable I didn’t ovulate at all.

I track my cycle by just watching CM changes, usually I get O pain and I use IC ovulation kits to confirm when O is happening - usually watching my CM I can pinpoint it, but I test anyway to confirm my educated guess.

Currently I’m CD24 and O probably happened today. We’ve been DTD a lot lately so the BFNs are not from lack of trying.

Really hoping this month is our month - and for all of you too ☺️

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.