What are you giving DP for Xmas?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 MwahMum

Posted Yesterday, 12:21 PM

As above.

I'm normally a thoughtful gift giver, planned well in advance.

This year, with toddler and new bub, my brain is coming up blank.

Last presents have been artisan whiskey, shirts, socks, spicy marinades and sauces.

In the hope inspiring me, what's on your list? Any ideas welcome.  

Interests = music, running, craft beer, sports of most kinds.

Specific book ideas on similar topics are welcome.  It can be his annual read!

#2 SplashingRainbows

Posted Yesterday, 12:25 PM

Clever things I’ve done for DH in the past are

Gifts of a share (or part share) in companies he loves (Apple, Tesla, Nike etc)
You can now do this in Aus via Stake https://stake.com.au.../gifting-shares

A LEGO Ferrari

Vouchers for go karting which he loves but doesn’t take himself off to do very much

This year I’m thinking of getting the Micro BMW scooter for him. He loves his BMW and scooting with the kids and I know it will get used.

#3 BadCat

Posted Yesterday, 12:30 PM

If I had a partner that was into music I'd be looking at concert tix.  Because I'm into music and that's what I would like.

#4 seayork2002

Posted Yesterday, 12:30 PM

Being married to me is enough

seriously though we get favourite food, he chooses a book and I buy it unless I know for a fact (I did once for when we went overseas) what he wants books wise I don't risk it, I may get him a bag, or some posh real ale

we don't do presents as a rule but why each other something if we think of anything - he is getting me a Country Road bag when I tell him!

Oh they have some cool ideas in Myers and David Jones of game gifts etc.

Edited by seayork2002, Yesterday, 12:32 PM.

#5 Ivy Ivy

Posted Yesterday, 12:34 PM

If he is sporty and wouldn't splurge on such himself, a pair of those expensive running socks at shoe shops (e.g. Athlete's Foot) - they're about $30-35 a pair.

I don't really know if they're any better than Bonds ones from Target though, I have some, but once they're on my feet I can't really tell.  (Maybe if I ran long distances instead of just shlepping around they'd be worth it.)

#6 MwahMum

Posted Yesterday, 12:35 PM

SplashingRainbows, on 11 November 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

Clever things I’ve done for DH in the past are

Gifts of a share (or part share) in companies he loves (Apple, Tesla, Nike etc)
You can now do this in Aus via Stake https://stake.com.au.../gifting-shares

A LEGO Ferrari

Vouchers for go karting which he loves but doesn’t take himself off to do very much

This year I’m thinking of getting the Micro BMW scooter for him. He loves his BMW and scooting with the kids and I know it will get used.

Loving the micro scooter! If I was sure he'd use it, I'd get it in a flash...

#7 SplashingRainbows

Posted Yesterday, 12:36 PM

May be a year or two early for you guys. My kids are 5&9 so scooting with Dad is the bees knees.

Balega are ‘the’ socks for running according to my long distance running DH.

#8 Hands Up

Posted Yesterday, 12:48 PM

I’ve got nothing. Following for ideas.

Last year was wireless, sports earphones. The year before that was an engraved docking station for his watch and phone.

His other great love is football. But I’ve bought too much over the years.

He’s really hard to buy for....

#9 Beancat

Posted Yesterday, 12:52 PM

Ive got nothing.  also following for ideas

#10 Tinky Winky Woo

Posted Yesterday, 12:52 PM

So far I have bought a BBQ set in a case for camping, and a shirt from his favourite sport team, and matching water bottle.

But I am out of ideas because vouchers, food, books, movies and music are never used.

#11 Dianalynch

Posted Yesterday, 01:01 PM

I’ll get DH a card saying I’ve held a review, and will stay married to him for another year. Merry Christmas. Seriously, we do socks, good socks, but socks nonetheless. We both already have what we need / want.

Edited by Dianalynch, Yesterday, 01:01 PM.

#12 magic_marker

Posted Yesterday, 01:22 PM

Maybe OTT. AFL Membership?

#13 YodaTheWrinkledOne

Posted Yesterday, 01:27 PM

DH has his birthday between now and Xmas, so my focus is on that at the moment. For his birthday, I am giving him a craft beer advent calendar. He'll like that. And a new rear light for his commuter bike, because he lost his light last week (thank god, that made it an easy birthday present idea!).

For Xmas, I will probably give him something cycling related, like a tshirt or similar. I think he's looking for a new pair of nix.

The kids (through me) will probably give him something to do with 4wd, national parks or an experience gift (they are talking about a family escape room experience) or a magazine subscription to his favourite cycling/4wd/camping/travelling mag. He quite likes getting a magazine in the mail, although he would never buy it himself at the news agencies.

Edited by YodaTheWrinkledOne, Yesterday, 01:28 PM.

#14 Mrs Claus

Posted Yesterday, 01:30 PM

We got tickets to cold chisel for each other. Will also get a small gift for on Xmas day but not sure what yet

#15 K.heather

Posted Yesterday, 02:26 PM

My dp only wants new surf brand summer clothes we usually get what ever we need during the year as we need it, and this is all he needs and is happy unwrapping that.x.

#16 K.heather

Posted Yesterday, 02:30 PM

If anyone is stuck for ideas go to www.designaglo.com.au amazing work but you'll have to order soon as their work is custom and takes time. I'm awaiting three orders from here I love it.

Specially good for hard to buy for people.hth.

#17 jessiesgirl

Posted Yesterday, 03:10 PM

I bought my DH a running backpack one year that he likes. He took out the water bladder and uses it day to day too.

#18 Mollycoddle

Posted Yesterday, 03:12 PM

View PostBadCat, on 11 November 2019 - 12:30 PM, said:

If I had a partner that was into music I'd be looking at concert tix.  Because I'm into music and that's what I would like.

Yes.  And there's always something in it for you if you buy them a pair of tickets as usually they take you :)

Edited by Mollycoddle, Yesterday, 03:13 PM.

#19 Hypnic Jerk

Posted Yesterday, 05:04 PM

Same as last year, nothing.  I could get him a double outdoor camping chair but he’d see right through that and know it was really for me.

#20 JBH

Posted Yesterday, 05:10 PM

He bought himself something really, really expensive earlier this year. I am going to take a photo, put it in a card that says “remember how you said you’d never want anything else ever again? I hope it’s true!”. He will (I think) find it funny.

#21 ceeshell

Posted Yesterday, 05:21 PM

A craft beer advent calendar? I know bucket boys and booze bud are both doing one.

I think I’ll get DH an Apple Watch.

#22 Mooples

Posted Yesterday, 05:37 PM

I got dh air pods for Father’s Day and he absolutely loves them.

For Christmas I think I’ll get him a little Webber Q bbq for when we go camping in January.

#23 Riotproof

Posted Yesterday, 05:38 PM

K.heather, on 11 November 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

If anyone is stuck for ideas go to www.designaglo.com.au amazing work but you'll have to order soon as their work is custom and takes time. I'm awaiting three orders from here I love it.

Specially good for hard to buy for people.hth.

Just in case that is your business, “mum your a star” is making me twitch.

#24 Bearynice

Posted Yesterday, 06:02 PM

I’m getting Dh the Kmart pie maker. I know he will love it!

Other than that probably aftershave and maybe new gym clothes

#25 BornToLove

Posted Yesterday, 06:03 PM

A fancy fitness watch for golfing.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.