TTC November 2019

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 Inda

Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:33 AM

Hi Ladies, thought I would open up a November thread :)

I have an almost 18 month old and trying for #2 since April. Had a D&C on the 26th of September after a missed miscarriage. My cycle came back on the 28th of October so currently cd 9.
I generally track my cycle on an app/calendar and via cm. I did try OPK's when trying for DD with not much luck. My cycle can be a little irregular and is generally longer at roughly 32 days.

Wishing you all luck this month.

#2 smmaho

Posted 05 November 2019 - 11:34 AM

Hi Inda. We've been trying for #2 since May. Third month on Clomid and so far nothing. It took 10 months to concieve DS1 so I'm not too worried yet. AF is due Saturday this week....I think. This cycle has been a bit different to previous ones and I didn't get any positive OPKs this month but did get a temp rise.

Wishing everyone luck!

#3 ljp89

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:57 PM

Hi girls

Jumping over from the October thread.

I’m currently 6DPO, and we’re going away camping on Friday for a week, so if AF doesn’t show up when we’re away I’ll test when we get back. Don’t really fancy peeing on a stick whilst squatting in the bush 😂
I’d be due to test Sunday the 10th at the earliest. With AF probably due Tuesday 12th.

I have my fingers crossed for myself and everyone else.

#4 n.sinclair

Posted 06 November 2019 - 10:06 PM

Jumping in here again as well.

Seems that the moment we decide to TTC, my cycles start to go all over the place, period was a week and a half late last month, now it appears to be a week early this month :doh:
I've had spotting for the last few days, so thought maybe implant bleeding, but had a bit more this afternoon (normally it's just first thing in the morning), so I'm stumped.

Our first son was a bit of a happy surprise, so this is really the first time for us actively trying and 2 months in I'm already losing my mind!

So might be out for November, might not be, who knows when I'm ovulating, haha.

#5 smmaho

Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:53 PM

Well I wasn’t expecting that! I got a BFP this afternoon! Still very early and I’m still shocked!

#6 LZTM

Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:24 PM

Congrats @smmaho! Sending alllll the sticky vibes!

This is cycle number 3 since we decided to actively ttc #2, however, was out last month due to needing a rubella vax booster. Currently CD13 but my last 2 cycles have been 45 and 41 days so not expecting to ovulate for another week or so. To be honest, not in tune with when I’m ovulating at all at the moment! Have some cheapie OPKs so will start tracking in the next day or 2.

Good luck all!

#7 hopefulbabymama

Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:32 PM

Hi everyone, I'm a longtime lurker for the past 8 months or so but finally decided to join in on posting, so hi :)

Congrats smmaho! So happy for you and sending you all my sticky vibes!

A bit about me - I'm 29 and DH is 30. This is cycle #6 trying for #1. My periods are super regular (31/32 days) and the past 3 months have been using OPKs and getting a nice smiley face that has been lining up with EWCM. Although I've got my smiley face on various days (CD16, CD14 and CD13), my period hasn't changed in length. Anyone know if it's unusual to have a luteal phase which varies by a few days each cycle but cycle length always stays the same? The only other thing I'm a bit concerned about is most months I get spotting for 3-4days before AF arrives, hope this is nothing to be concerned about. Anyone else have the same?  

I'm currently on CD21 (7DPO) and just hanging out for time to hurry up so I can test. Have said to myself I won't test until 15DPO but knowing me I won't be able to hold out that long and it will be more like 13DPO.

I know everyone says it can take a while TTC but because my periods have always been so regular for some silly reason I just had a feeling I'd be one of those people who conceive quickly. Am finding the whole TTC such an emotional rollercoaster. When you finally decide you're ready for a baby, it's like you're ready RIGHT NOW, not in 6 months time. Anyway it's nice to know I'm not the only one going through this difficult journey. I'm trying to stay positive, but if it doesn't happen for us this month I'm planning to go to the doctor and see if they'll run some basic tests. Just hoping they won't turn me back saying it's only been 6 months TTC rather than 12, but I can at least try I suppose.

Good luck to everyone else this month, fingers crossed we see lots of BFP!

Edited by hopefulbabymama, 08 November 2019 - 09:33 PM.

#8 Beachmama2019

Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:10 PM

Hi ladies:)

I am a single 36 year old woman who after a year of research & decision making decided to go ahead with a donor cycle this month. I spent a decade with a not so nice to me man, trying to be the best wife possible, before realising I’m so much happier alone! I’m stable & financially ok so I feel good about my choice. But I’ve never known if it was his lifestyle (he partied a LOT) or if I had a fertility issue we randomly tried but never charted or really even cared that much. But I charted this month & similar time other months I’ve charted just for fun since being single- ALL the apps/websites etc... (including Clue- the app included in that study a few years back & is said to be the only app that got it truly right out of 53 others- you can google it) said I would ovulate on CD19 and my most fertile days were CD’s 16/17/18/19/20- so 3 days before and then the day of & 1 day after O. My cycle is 32 days long & AF goes for about 6-7 days. I noticed someone above said they have 32 day cycles but they ovulate on cycle day 15? Would that not mean your luteal phase was too long? Or am I getting it very wrong? I started testing with OPK’s from CD 11 I think and it was weird- I used those plastic strips/sticks- they came in a first response 7 days pregnancy planning kit- THE WORST!

it was darker but not quite positive on CD 11. And then was just light... everyday... eveb the control line was non-existent in some! On Monday CD16 it looked like yup it’s getting v definitely darker. Then on tuesday I went to do one sbd is run iut and it was too late to get to woolies! That made me SO anxious.

So on Wednesday I went to the shops & bought the clear blue digital one (not the dual one that gives you flashy then solid faces- just the one that gives you a smiley face or a circle) and I had already emptied my bladder that morning so I drank a bunch of water (forgetting you are supposed to hold it for 4 hours!) and did it immediately upon getting home at 11am. It was very quickly a smiley face. So that evening my donor and I arranged insemination for 7pm and by 7:30pm I was legs in the air and praying! (We do artificial - with a syringe, after I have applied pre-seed 20 mins beforehand, then I insert a soft cup for the next 12 hours... sorry for the TMI!) Then the next day which I had really bad ovulation pains on, my clear blue no longer had a smiley face but I read your LH surges 12-36 hours before ovulation and by the time you ovulate it’s already dipping back down & may not show up on a digital test anymore) so we AI’d again that afternoon and then again the following morning!

So Wed, thu, fri I had AI, I’ve been since taking it super easy.... but my biggest fear is Cos I didn’t get a smiley face the next day maybe I missed it... I did AI the day u got the smiley, but what if I would have got a smiley face the Tuesday as well but Cos I didn’t have the test I wouldn’t know.

I suppose if it was showing up with diluted urine only an hour after emptying my bladder it was probably at its peak on Wednesday and then maybe with the O pain in Thursday - so maybe we got in in - the perfect time! I pray!!!

This is the ONE thing I want more than anything. I would just give anything. As I know you all feel the same I’m sure.

I have been having the weirdest pain in my low abdomen and vagina- I know this sounds awful- but it’s like I’ve had a lot of sex and I’m sore down there... but I haven’t had sex at all and the procedure itself was very gentle & easy. Much easier than sex lmao 😂

But these weird twinges and the pain in my nipples (I’m guessing my nipples are sore due to ovulation) is making me hopeful but.... I’m so scared....

#9 Inda

Posted 09 November 2019 - 07:58 PM

huge congrats smmaho! Wishing you a sticky bub and uneventful 9 months!

Hopefulbabymumma - firstly Welcome :)
My cycles is also roughly 32 days and I had not much luck with OPK's last go round. In the end it just added extra stress to the whole process for me. It took us 9 months of trying to get our DD. It is so hard when you make that decision to have a baby, but it takes longer then you think. No one tells you that it can take a while!  I had full bloods/check up prior to trying and also further bloods (with a different Dr) about 6/7 months into trying so you can definitely going in to your GP for general bloods to check your levels. As for the spotting, I don't know enough about it to comment, but I think it depends on the type of spotting and for how long. It is definitely worth mentioning to your Dr though.

Beachmama2019 - wow! Good on you for deciding to do it alone. What a big decision! I can understand alot of the thoughts going through your head when you have to time it so precisely.
My cycle is 32 days also and I generally O around day 18 but I'm not 100% sure how all the luteal phase vs length ect all works.

AFM - I am cd 13 so, fingerscrossed, gearing up for O this week. Providing the D&C in September hasn't thrown my cycle out of wack. We have pretty much already started dtd every couple of days so hopefully we have luck this month.

#10 ljp89

Posted 10 November 2019 - 01:28 PM

I’m CD26, and 10DPO, and we’re away camping for the week til Friday.

Hubby has just gone into town for some supplies and I’m tempted to text him to get me a test. I was trying to hold out til we get back if AF doesn’t show up beforehand. If we don’t get a BFP this cycle I am going to be wondering what is wrong with me this week, cos I’m having the exact same symptoms I did with DD this early on last time - mainly being unable to stay awake during the day.

I hope I’m not reading into it too much but I’m quietly hopeful.

#11 Sailor4

Posted 11 November 2019 - 09:23 PM

Figured I should jump over from October seeing as we are halfway through November! I'm CD16 and 2dpo. Im super excited because the lines on the OPK were much darker this cycle than they were last cycle. And we BD CD10,11,13 and 14, so I feel sure we are in with a good chance!

#12 ohhhhello

Posted 11 November 2019 - 09:27 PM

Hey everyone!

I'm first month TTC for #2.
It took 9 months including an operation for baby #1.

I've gone straight back on all my natural meds, OPK, castor oil packs every day between period ad ovulation and DTD every second day between CD 10-20. I'm currently CD 13 and see feeling ovulation pain, so just be any day now. I usually have 32 day cycle.
Going through it all brings back all the emotions of last time! Feels so scary to be so hopefully again.

What's everyone's schedule.for DTD? we are planning every second night, and then every day for 3 days once we have positive on ovulation.

Edited by ohhhhello, 11 November 2019 - 09:28 PM.

#13 hopefulbabymama

Posted 12 November 2019 - 05:28 AM

@othello we're following the SMEG plan,  so DTD every 2 days from around CD8 and then once we get a positive OPK 3 days straight, 1 day off and then one more for luck!

#14 ohhhhello

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:01 AM

Thanks so much for sharing! when you say positive OPK - do you mean high or peak fertility?

I'm using the clearblue and it has both high and peak days that show up.. currently on my second day of high fertility (flashing smiley face)

I get a bit confused whether to go every day or every 2nd!

#15 LZTM

Posted 12 November 2019 - 10:57 AM

Hello all!

I’m CD17 here, yet to O but have longer cycles so this is not unusual. Started OPKs 4 days ago - last 2 days have had a second line appearing AM & PM tests. Not positive, just faint/medium strength lines.

Question for you all - how many days after you start to see progression in your OPKs do you usually get a positive?

#16 hopefulbabymama

Posted 12 November 2019 - 05:56 PM

I use clearblue digital so it either has a blank circle (negative) or a smiley face (positive). It detects the LH surge at a certain level and I've found my surge only lasts around 8hrs (usually from around 9am to 5pm on the day I get a positive). I think I would find the paper strip tests too confusing with the different darknesses of lines to pinpoint it. The smiley face is nice and obvious!

#17 ljp89

Posted 12 November 2019 - 08:39 PM

LZTM, on 12 November 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

Hello all!

I’m CD17 here, yet to O but have longer cycles so this is not unusual. Started OPKs 4 days ago - last 2 days have had a second line appearing AM & PM tests. Not positive, just faint/medium strength lines.

Question for you all - how many days after you start to see progression in your OPKs do you usually get a positive?

I find them to be pretty random.

I usually get a second line when I test, but faint if it’s not O time. It doesn’t progress and get darker as such, but I could have a faint squinter of a line one day and get positive dark line the next day. Normally I’ll get a positive 2 days in a row, the first day usually the lines are same colour then next day line is darker.

#18 ohhhhello

Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:07 AM

I'm the same as @hopefulbabymama and I use clear blue. I couldn't comprehend the strips haha

So usually i get 3 or sometimes 4 days of flashing and then I get the solid smiley.
Saying that, this month I only had 2 flashing days and then I got the solid yesterday afternoon.
So We have DTD 3 times in the last 4 days. We will go again tonight just for good measure.

So exciting to this that we could be making a little baby brother or sister. But also so nervous to enter the phase of 2WW'S and negative results. Urgh. But fingers crossed for us all!

#19 newme15

Posted 13 November 2019 - 07:12 PM

I’ve been following quietly this month.
Hoping we’ve hit the jackpot this time. I’m currently 4 dpo and already wish it was next week!
This month we managed to dtd every day but 1 in my fertile window. We also used a fertility supplement and tracked cm as well as used clear blue opk. If it doesn’t work this month it’s not from lack of trying 😊

#20 ohhhhello

Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:33 PM

View Postnewme15, on 13 November 2019 - 07:12 PM, said:

I’ve been following quietly this month.
Hoping we’ve hit the jackpot this time. I’m currently 4 dpo and already wish it was next week!
This month we managed to dtd every day but 1 in my fertile window. We also used a fertility supplement and tracked cm as well as used clear blue opk. If it doesn’t work this month it’s not from lack of trying

Good luck!! What fertility supplement are you using?

We are going to DTD again tonight (def not in the mood lol). Then that's it for this month. Then 2ww!

How many days post ovulation does everyone test? I never have the patience to wait until due date!

#21 newme15

Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:51 PM

I’m not sure if I’m meant to put it on here but it’s called conceive smart. I found it on the internet and reviews seem quite good. I’m allergic to iodine so can’t have most supplements.
It definitely seemed to help this cycle with things such as cm etc.

#22 Sailor4

Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:27 AM

Looks like quite a few of us are in the TWW. I'm 5dpo and slowly going crazy over here

#23 LZTM

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:25 PM

Thanks for the responses about the OPKS! :)

CD19 today and got a very dark and clear positive mid morning so I’m counting tomorrow as O day. We dtd 9th, 11th, 13th and will today (14th). Hoping this is our month!

Will test November 29th / 14DPO if I can hold out that long.

#24 hopefulbabymama

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:56 AM

Think I'm going to be out this month guys 😞 got a BFN on weds (12DPO) and spotting started on thurs which fits my pattern of 3-4 days of spotting prior to AF arriving. I think AF will be here shortly. As usual feeling pretty devastated. Am going to book in an appointment with my GP for next week.  At this point I'm almost hoping there's something wrong as then they'll hopefully be able to fix it rather than just saying yep everything is doing what it's supposed to but despite best efforts it hasn't happened yet... we'll see.

Hoping to see lots of BFPs in here for the rest of this month though!

#25 ohhhhello

Posted 16 November 2019 - 01:33 PM

View Posthopefulbabymama, on 16 November 2019 - 06:56 AM, said:

Think I'm going to be out this month guys got a BFN on weds (12DPO) and spotting started on thurs which fits my pattern of 3-4 days of spotting prior to AF arriving. I think AF will be here shortly. As usual feeling pretty devastated. Am going to book in an appointment with my GP for next week.  At this point I'm almost hoping there's something wrong as then they'll hopefully be able to fix it rather than just saying yep everything is doing what it's supposed to but despite best efforts it hasn't happened yet... we'll see.

Hoping to see lots of BFPs in here for the rest of this month though!

So sorry to hear lovely :(
Always good to have a chat to a good GP and see what you can look at- I'm particular the thyroid and iron levels can impact things.

As for me, I'm 4 dpo and already going bonkers lol know me I'll probably start testing wayyyy too early lol

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.