Notifications...who is having issues?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:16 PM

Is anyone having issues with regards to receiving notifications on watched topics/forums?

#2 Just Jack

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:21 PM

I am having an intermittent issue where if i have a notification that someone has liked my post or quoted it, if i click on it to see which post it was etc, it says that i don't have access to view it. This is on the mobile site.

#3 Paddlepop

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:26 PM

Me. I can't get email notifications for followed topics anymore. I was until a few days ago. When I try to change it back to email notifications I can't. It's not available as an option. The box to tick is greyed out.

#4 MayaTheGrinch

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:29 PM

I’m having the same issue as just jack. Can’t click through from a like on a post or similar. Which is really frustrating as I often use it to find threads.

#5 ~Jolly_F~

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:30 PM

View PostJust Jack, on 14 October 2019 - 07:21 PM, said:

I am having an intermittent issue where if i have a notification that someone has liked my post or quoted it, if i click on it to see which post it was etc, it says that i don't have access to view it. This is on the mobile site.

Yep this for weeks now... so annoying!!

#6 Crombek

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:30 PM

I’ve been getting the same issue too.

#7 Chaotic Pogo

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:31 PM

I get this sometimes too. On mobile

#8 seayork2002

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:33 PM

Yes, I dont get any emails for any topics

#9 XieXie

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:35 PM

Same here as Just Jack. For several weeks now - I’d say over a month. Very annoying!!

It happens every time for me - I go to Notifications, then click on ‘Post you made’ or the thread name, but it says I need to log in (when I already am logged in!), then when you do log in (again) it takes you to a strange Permissions form (with tick boxes for ‘Allow members to leave comments...’, ‘Show friends in my profile...’ etc.) but if you try to complete the form there is no way to save it and you’re at a dead end.

Glad someone posted this topic. I thought it was just me!

Also, all of a sudden Google ads are covering up Notifications. Every. Single. Time. This is a newer issue.

P.S. EB web developers - stop fiddling! If it In’t broke, don’t fix it.

P.P.S I’m using the mobile site too, on my iPhone.

Edited by XieXie, 14 October 2019 - 07:49 PM.

#10 Mrs Zee

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:46 PM

Nope. All good here.

Eta on mobile version.

Eta again all good on full version too

Edited by Mrs Zee, 14 October 2019 - 07:55 PM.

#11 ~Jolly_F~

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:50 PM

View PostXieXie, on 14 October 2019 - 07:35 PM, said:

Same here as Just Jack. For several weeks now - I’d say over a month. Very annoying!!

Also, all of a sudden Google ads are covering up Notifications. Every. Single. Time. This is a newer issue.

P.S. EB web developers - stop fiddling! If it In’t broke, don’t fix it.

The ad thing is annoying also. I agree it’s newer but damn annoying.

Give us an app, that would be so much better!!

#12 Murderino

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:53 PM

I’m not getting notifications of new PMs.

#13 Mands09

Posted 14 October 2019 - 08:07 PM

I’m having the same problem as Just jack. But also this happens when I click on the link to active topics from the homepage and it’s really frustrating. Then it makes me go in a loop of loggin in, but then says I’m already logged in...

#14 XieXie

Posted 14 October 2019 - 09:14 PM

^ Yep, gettin that too, Mands

#15 Sandra

Posted 26 October 2019 - 08:15 PM

Bumping

#16 Holidayromp

Posted 27 October 2019 - 06:05 AM

I am having the same issue too.

#17 kerilyntaryn

Posted 27 October 2019 - 06:05 AM

I'm having the same issue too

#18 notsoretro

Posted 27 October 2019 - 06:44 PM

View Postseayork2002, on 14 October 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

Yes, I dont get any emails for any topics
Same, for months now

#19 MayaTheGrinch

Posted 27 October 2019 - 07:06 PM

I still have the log on message come up any time I click on a notification on the mobile site that has a topic in the restricted areas (venting in particular).

It’s very annoying as I use that to access threads.

No emails for the PMs I’ve had recently.

#20 Paddlepop

Posted 27 October 2019 - 08:43 PM

Still no emails for followed threads or PMs. The email option is still greyed out and unavailable in the notification settings. Not happy. I like having emails for the tasty threads.

#21 MayaTheGrinch

Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:43 AM

It worked briefly for a while but now I'm not getting any notifications at all on the mobile site.

#22 Sandra

Posted 06 November 2019 - 12:37 PM

View Postmayahlb, on 06 November 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

It worked briefly for a while but now I'm not getting any notifications at all on the mobile site.

Have you checked in settings that they are set to the right options?

Are you getting email notifications at all or is it the op up ones on the site you are not receiving?

Regards

#23 MayaTheGrinch

Posted 06 November 2019 - 12:41 PM

I just checked on the full site and there is no motivations there either. Not sure about emails but anything that normally comes under the notifications section is not there. I also can’t “like” anything on the full site and the likes are not going through on the mobile site. Cleared the cache etc and nothing.

#24 Sandra

Posted 06 November 2019 - 01:16 PM

Have you tried using the Full Version via the Mobile site? I am able to like using ipad and on  Full Version.

#25 MayaTheGrinch

Posted 06 November 2019 - 01:17 PM

Hmm Maybe it is just a quirk as I can like now? Still not notifications though

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.