Iphone 11 Pro

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 *melrose*

Posted 12 October 2019 - 11:37 AM

OK so really considering getting the iPhone 11 Pro in gold, tell me your thoughts on it if you have one. Do you like it? Is the screen a good size? Is it worth upgrading? I have a Huawei prepaid I think the phone cost me $350 and its OK, as I'm always on the phone I think I can do with better specs, bigger screen ect.
Thanks in advance.

#2 Expelliarmus

Posted 12 October 2019 - 01:09 PM

I don’t have a lot of experience with other phones and I’m not good with specs etc - but I like it. My previous phone was an iPhone SE so screen same size as a 5 and this screen is much better regarding size. A bigger size would be harder to hold.

#3 can'tstayaway

Posted 12 October 2019 - 01:25 PM

I have an iPhone X and normally am keen to upgrade. I recently had a look at the new one but it wasn’t substantially better that I would bother coming from the X.

The X has been brilliant and makes the older ones seem so clunky. Usually it’s the battery life going or I’ve cracked the screen that has me upgrading but the X is still going strong.

Coming from an android, I think you’ll notice a difference.

#4 José

Posted 12 October 2019 - 03:00 PM

View Postcan, on 12 October 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

Difference in what way?
Im looking to buy a Samsung s10. Do you think iphone is better?

#5 lozoodle

Posted 12 October 2019 - 03:13 PM

View Postcan, on 12 October 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

I have an iPhone X and normally am keen to upgrade. I recently had a look at the new one but it wasn’t substantially better that I would bother coming from the X.

The X has been brilliant and makes the older ones seem so clunky. Usually it’s the battery life going or I’ve cracked the screen that has me upgrading but the X is still going strong.

I agree, I have an X and it doesn't seem that different so I'm sticking with what I have.

#6 FiveAus

Posted 12 October 2019 - 05:05 PM

I have one, I upgraded from an iPhone 8. My main reason for upgrading was the camera. I'm going overseas next year and I want to do my photography with my phone rather than take my SLR gear. I did this on my trip to Perth earlier this year and got great pics and loved doing it.

It's an all round beautiful phone. The camera is outstanding, the screen is a good sized bigger than the 8, and everything is quick and slick.

#7 *melrose*

Posted 12 October 2019 - 07:06 PM

I just ordered mine can't wait.

#8 SplashingRainbows

Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:57 AM

Battery life on the 11 is significantly better than the X. Camera is great.  
Haven’t noticed any other big differences.

#9 WaitForMe

Posted 13 October 2019 - 06:16 AM

I will be.

Mostly because I have an iPhone 6, still going strong. But as iOS 13 is not supported on it, I already have a couple apps which have been updated for iOS 13 but keep crashing on 12...

I expect Myki (Melb public transport) NFC will be supported on it soon too, which is pretty enticing. My Myki card is the only physical card I need to regularly use these days.

None of that is about the actual physical phone though. Better water resistance, battery life, and harder screen sound good. I don't really take alot of photos and I'm so terrible at them that I never notice the better camera.

#10 Ayr

Posted 13 October 2019 - 06:25 AM

View PostJosé, on 12 October 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

Difference in what way?

No it's not better just different. If you like ios then iPhone would be "better" if you prefer the functionality, flexibility and options that Android offers then the Samsung will be "better". It just depends on the operating system you prefer. I think the new iPhone designs are very clunky and Frankenstein looking, iPhones used to kill it in the looks department but it appears they know people will buy it for whatever they charge no matter how it looks so they don't seem to care about nice looking devices this time around.

I was someone who has jumped back and forth from Android to ios for many years, I won't be this time. I have an ipad and the restrictive ios annoys me so for my phone I'll stay with Android as a personal preference, not because it's better than ios in general but because its better for me and what I want to do with it. No one but you can really answer what your preference would be.

#11 can'tstayaway

Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:08 AM

View PostAyr, on 13 October 2019 - 06:25 AM, said:

View PostJosé, on 12 October 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

Difference in what way?

No it's not better just different. If you like ios then iPhone would be "better" if you prefer the functionality, flexibility and options that Android offers then the Samsung will be "better". It just depends on the operating system you prefer.

. . .

No one but you can really answer what your preference would be.
I agree with that.

I’m glued to the iOS ecology because the whole family has them and it’s easier for us. The platform is stable and just works. For me, it’s the little things like the ease of seeing where the kids are if I know they’re catching public transport to meet up with friends. I know I can log on with other devices to do the same thing but it’s more fiddly. Or the approval system we have for purchasing through the App Store/iTunes.

DH is more tech-y and had a Samsung (maybe 2 years ago). He became rather frustrated with it and for a while had 2 phones on the go and now just has the iPhone. For flexibility on the iPhone, he has jailbreak-ed it in the past. These days, for what he needs, the bog standard is fine.

As for looks, I think Apple have realised people want durability over form. Some of the sleek, prettier iPhones were also notoriously easy to damage with the slightest bit of use. People would put them in strong protective cases so you don’t see the styling anyway. I have dropped my X so many times (in cases and without) and it still looks new.  Reports are the 11 is even tougher again which is good news for a tool that gets used daily.

#12 Ayr

Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:35 AM

As someone who has never ever broken a screen or phone even though I drop them alot, both have always been durable to me.

As far as being tied to the ecosystem there are ways to make them work cross platform if you know how but I understand that some people want the simplicity of ios that does it all for them.

As far as stability and just works, I have found during my jumping back and forth that Android has become more stable and reliable than it used to be where as ios has become less stable and reliable. They both seem pretty on par with each other these days and work as well as each other. Both have their good points and both have their bad. But I do commonly see ios users say that about it, it just isn't the case any more when using both and seeing the gap between their usability isn't as big any more.

Apart from app crashes last iPhone I had the one thing I still can't understand is why they make everything so restricted right down to choosing your own ring tone and message tone etc. Or wanting one sound on and the other off it's all on or none and their way or having to fiddle to make it your own tones... I have never understood why they need to control it down to every little detail...this is why I say both will be as good as each other depending what you want to do with it.

Edited by Ayr, 13 October 2019 - 08:35 AM.

#13 dadwasathome

Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:20 PM

View Postlozoodle, on 12 October 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

I agree, I have an X and it doesn't seem that different so I'm sticking with what I have.

I was playing with one yesterday and the 2x optical zoom seems great. But not enough to lust after an upgrade from my X

#14 threeinnyc

Posted 14 October 2019 - 05:04 AM

I have an iPhone 11 Pro (I take photos a lot) I love it, heaps different than my old XS. And battery last longer and it's ok to get wet (can't wait for winter for my snow photos!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.