Ready Set Go Girls #283

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#76 Gabbitz

Posted 21 October 2019 - 11:00 AM

We had our second scan today. Confirmed all going well and on track size wise which was great news. We’ve been asked to start seeing our obstetrician now too just because of my potential high risk status. So we see him for the first time this week too. Not sure what he can tell us at this point, other than to give us the referral for the nuchal scan rather than our gynaecologist giving us the referral.

We’ve been having fun with our internet this week. It appears that our NBN router has died, so we got given extra mobile data, but it’s still been a pain this weekend. Not expecting it to be fixed until at least Wednesday.  

How are you ladies doing?

#77 MSDC

Posted 21 October 2019 - 11:48 AM

Good to hear things are going well for you Gabbitz!

I'm still waiting on the results of our PGT testing for our little embies... I've calculated that if all is ok our FET will be around the first few days I start my new job - might need to hold off one month if that's the case, not that I can afford any delays -  Being old really sucks :(

#78 IamOzgirl

Posted 21 October 2019 - 12:17 PM

missDC, being old doesn't affect implantation. Being stressed does.

EPU can affect things with age. But if you need to delay you need to delay.

AFN, feeling much better since I realised I was on double the progesterone than I needed to be on. Since I cut back I no longer have cramping! Funny that!

#79 *Andi*

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:33 PM

That's wonderful news Gabbitz, congratulations! It will be good to start seeing your ob, is it the same one as last time? I might have missed, what was the reason for your first being born early? My first was born a bit early at 34+6 due to pre-eclampsia.

I hope your results come back soon and are good MissDC, not great timing though! Hopefully it all works out well.

Glad you're feeling better IamOzgirl. How long until your BT? Everything crossed for you.

I'm on day 5 now, I add orgalutran to the mix tomorrow. I had a phone appointment with my nurse at the new clinic to sort everything out this morning, and found out there won't be a Christmas shut-down this year because they have only just started operating. That's great news for me, providing we get anything to transfer, as I was thinking time-wise it wouldn't work until February due to Christmas and our holiday in January.

Ultrasound and BT at the end of the week, and most likely egg retrieval on Monday (I'm an overresponder).

Edited by *Andi*, 21 October 2019 - 01:33 PM.

#80 BeachesBaby

Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:59 PM

I got the ca today that my betas are doubling appropriately :) I’m still not ready to celebrate, and am just going to go about my life as if I’m not pregnant (except no drinking, sushi, extreme exercise, etc) until our first scan in early nov. I’m signed up to do a triathlon nov 3rd, so I’ll have to think up an excuse to tell people, which I don’t mind at all. First hcg was 192 on Friday, and today is 616. Cautiously, ever cautiously optimistic.

#81 IamOzgirl

Posted 21 October 2019 - 03:05 PM

Yay!

Any yay to Gabbitz too!

How far are you now?

#82 Gabbitz

Posted 21 October 2019 - 03:56 PM

Miss DC I’m 38, so also considered ‘old’ in the fertility stakes - which sucks, but it doesn’t affect implantation if the uterus is ready for it. I had endo surgery right before my transfer, so I was hoping my body was most receptive to an emby and so far so good! I’m now 8 weeks.

We’re going back to our original OB because he knows our history and will keep a close eye on us. We don’t actually know why DS1 came early. I went into premature labour and they’re not sure why. I’ve been told i’ll Likely be on some form of progesterone most of the pregnancy to try to get me through further this time. DS1 was 32 weeks. I’m hoping to get to at least 33 weeks this time as that’s Easter next year and will also be 6 months back at work - meaning I then qualify for the second round of paid maternity leave! I’m still checking what happens if bub doesn’t make it that long, but as my due date is end May, I think, I still qualify.  It’s all just a bit complicated because I also need 6 months service to finalise the maternity leave I’ve just completed!

BeachesBaby, that’s great news on your hcg results. So your approx 5 weeks? Theoretically?

IamOzGirl, hope you’re going well. Glad to hear the cramping has settled after changing your dose to the correct one.

Andi, hope everything goes well for you. Monday pickup - hope everything goes to plan then and your body keeps responding as you’ve hoped.

#83 MSDC

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:54 PM

Thanks for the reassurance ladies.... I really have no idea and never think of the right questions during my appointments.

BeachesBaby, great to hear your hcg levels are doing as they’re suppose to!

Andi - best of luck with your EPU, hope you get a good number!

IamOzGirl - Stress is definitely a huge factor and one thing I’m really working on, hence leaving my current job! Good to know that my age doesn’t affect implantation. I kind of assumed it did because I haven’t had any luck with implantation but I guess that’s probably more to do with my eggs being poor quality??? I hope all is well with you.....

Gabbitz - I really hope I can get to the same stage that you’re at... right now it feels like it’ll never happen for me!!

Edited by MissDC, 21 October 2019 - 04:55 PM.

#84 BeachesBaby

Posted 21 October 2019 - 05:03 PM

Gabbitz - yup I’d be 5 weeks tomorrow, but who’s counting (me, it’s me who is desperately counting the days towards our scan).

#85 IamOzgirl

Posted 21 October 2019 - 08:32 PM

View PostMissDC, on 21 October 2019 - 04:54 PM, said:

Thanks for the reassurance ladies.... I really have no idea and never think of the right questions during my appointments.

BeachesBaby, great to hear your hcg levels are doing as they’re suppose to!

Andi - best of luck with your EPU, hope you get a good number!

IamOzGirl - Stress is definitely a huge factor and one thing I’m really working on, hence leaving my current job! Good to know that my age doesn’t affect implantation. I kind of assumed it did because I haven’t had any luck with implantation but I guess that’s probably more to do with my eggs being poor quality??? I hope all is well with you.....

Gabbitz - I really hope I can get to the same stage that you’re at... right now it feels like it’ll never happen for me!!

Medicare funds FET to like 50 or something.

Not EPU though.

Google the grandmother who was just surrogate to her grandchild. In Australia.

#86 MissHLH

Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:43 PM

Gabbitz and BeachesBaby - sounds like everything is going so well.  BB - so many injuries can happen in training in the leadup to an event, so maybe you hurt your knee and can't do the tri!

IamOzgirl - glad you've been able to decrease your progesterone.  I found out from my nurse this morning that mine's 240, and they want it over 40.  I was hoping they'd decrease the crinone to 1/day, but no such luck.  That stuff is as bad as people say!

MissDC, I'm with you.  Never have the questions for an appointment.  Yesterday I actually had them written down, but never had a chance to ask them...

Andi - hopefully you're growing lots of nice little eggs...

As for stress, there was a study that found a 'medical clown' after transfer improved pregnancy rates.  How they got the funding to study this I'll never know!  But anyway, I just downloaded a funny book and read that to keep me calm.

I had my ET yesterday.  It was a 4AA embryo, and there was also one to freeze.  I've had mild cramping since - who knows if it's the ET or the crinone?  I might ring tomorrow to see if it's normal.  As silly as it sounds, I've been trying to walk really smoothly as I don't want to jolt it out!  I know it's not rational, and it makes me laugh at myself, but I can't help it!

#87 IamOzgirl

Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:52 PM

MissLH I was the same after transfer. Ran to the loo straight after as it was a guided transfer so full bladder. Then 2 hours later I went again and though to myself “what if I pee it out??”

Which is silly I know!

I also read that study and was going to mention it.

Also I was telling my friend about my cramping (because of the high dose of progesterone) and she thought the cramping was from implantation. Um no love the cramping started before the transfer.

She has been through multiple transfers herself but man this cycle she is coming out with stupid comments!

#88 MissHLH

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:02 PM

Everyone is different, and you'd hope someone who has been through it before would know enough not to make those sorts of comments.  Trying to be helpful, but a little dismissive.

One of my friends was the same after I had my first follicle scan.  I was very upset.  The doctor (before I started) thought I'd get 12-15 eggs, so 6 follicles was upsetting.  This friend was like you're just upset because of the hormones.  But I was really just upset - it wasn't hormones, it was dissapointment.  Means well though...

#89 IamOzgirl

Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:29 PM

It is dissmissive!! That’s exactly how I felt. Thank you.

Oh and yes “the hormones”

**** me. I have been in tears a bit a work and I think people think “hormones” yeah okay maybe the tears are hormones but I am still upset and allowed to be.

#90 Gabbitz

Posted 22 October 2019 - 03:50 PM

With you guys on the insensitive comments people make! It can be so frustrating. But just keep in mind that you also react a bit differently every time you go through it too (or at least I have). I keep thinking that I’ve been through it before and therefore I should cope, but nope something different happens and throws me for a loop.

Miss HLH. Sounds like you had a great embryo to transfer. Hope everything goes well over the next couple of days as your emby sticks. Also glad you had one to freeze too.

Unfortunately your clinic may not be able to tell you much. Cramping can be a sign of the high hormones you’re on or it can be a sign of implantation.  With my DS, i don’t remember feeling anything.  This time I had some sharps pains and some cramping which freaked me out a bit.

#91 MSDC

Posted 23 October 2019 - 07:50 AM

People can be really insensitive without even thinking - I often get comments like 'you'll probably be a grandma soon' or other friends my age judging and making comments 'I couldn't think of anything worse than having a kid at my age, it's cruel to the child as they'll have old parents'...
A close friend of mine has been on the IVF journey for a few years now, she is my age '43' and single - Her mum has been to every appointment with her and supported her every step of the way. Her mum also recently passed away and when we caught up with a group of our friends they were all on the topic of parents in their 40's and being really negative... We both sat there with our heads down - they know nothing about either of us or what we're going through....
Even my DP's mum hates me because in her eyes I'm robbing him of the one thing he's always wanted 'a child of his own' - she too say's I'm too old to try and have a baby with him... (she's awful)
Anyway, sorry for the vent but this is exactly why I needed to join a forum of like minded women who actually get it!!
I even deactivated my social media because I can't deal with the pressure of 'what everyone else would think'..
(Deep breaths)

arghhh... I just want to be pregnant already!

#92 IamOzgirl

Posted 23 October 2019 - 08:47 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have found out someone close to me has been reading my post on here and as such no longer feel like I can share my journey here.

Good luck to everyone.

#93 MSDC

Posted 23 October 2019 - 09:45 AM

I am so sorry to here this IamOzgirl - I wish you all the best with everything and hope your dreams are realised very soon.
Thank you so much for the information you've shared so far - I for one have appreciated it more than you will ever know.. take care x

#94 MissHLH

Posted 23 October 2019 - 10:32 AM

Also sorry to see you go IamOzgirl - knowing you were TTC alone with a donor made me feel more comfortable to join this group.  I hope you won't need a TTC forum any longer.  You must be ready to test in the next couple of days I think, so I'll be hoping that you have the very best news.  Take care.

#95 IamOzgirl

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:07 AM

Thanks ladies,

Very happy to have you PM me.

I might still read along and contribute, just won't be sharing my own updates.

#96 BeachesBaby

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:51 AM

Iamozgirl, I’m so sorry that happened to you! It must feel like such a violation, and it’s really unkind of them. I’ll be keeping you in my thoughts.

#97 Gabbitz

Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:22 PM

IamOzgirl. I’m sorry to hear you’re leaving us. But understand the uncomfortable-ness of the situation.  Be thinking of you over the next few days and weeks. Take care.

#98 Gabbitz

Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:26 PM

AFM- just got back from first appointment with our OB. He was great. He’s started saying we can start dropping off Prednisone as of Sunday - yay!! Other meds will be dropped off from 10 - 12 weeks. I’m so looking forward to being off the clexane and progesterone injections!

I will unfortunately be on progesterone pessaries 1 a day for the duration of the pregnancy. I was expecting that because DS was born prematurely.  It’ll be good to be off everything else though.

#99 Bumbleflop

Posted 25 October 2019 - 11:00 AM

IamOzgirl, sorry to hear that, not a nice feeling at all. Will keep in touch :)

Gabbitz and beaches, so glad things are still going well for you guys!

MissHLH, good work for making it through the transfer! I feel like saying all the hard work is over but now it’s the mental strain..wishing u the best of luck!

Andi, have u got a trigger date yet? I remember the orgalutran, nasty needles lol hope you are icing up!!

MissDC, I hope the timing is looking a bit better for you and you won’t need to hold off. I feel like saying just call in sick but I know how hard it is with a new job.

AFM I just had my second lining check...first one 3 days ago was 6.5mm and today is exactly the same 😔 Ughh I don’t know what to do...totally screwed up my plans for FET with work so I’m in a massive pickle now...nurse was suggesting something called a GIP? I think? Anyone had that?

#100 MSDC

Posted 25 October 2019 - 11:34 AM

Thanks Bumbleflop - Don't worry, the thought of pulling a sickie had crossed my mind ;)

In all honesty, I don't know anything about the lining, what it should be or anything about how it effects pregnancy.

I wouldn't even know what mine is!

What should it be??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.