Jump to content

Ready Set Go Girls #283


  • Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#201 IamOzgirl

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:16 PM

Bumble, interesting that your FS is concerned.

I thought HCG slowed at this point, so on the face of it I would say you have nothing to worry about.

But go and have the scan.

I will be thinking of you.

#202 Bumbleflop

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:21 PM

Thankyou 😘 I had to leave work early today...was just in utter shock and panic. I did the online beta calculator and that showed it hadn’t risen enough which made me panic more. I’m guessing tomorrow they are looking to see if it’s ectopic as the main concern? The nurse didn’t sound very positive or hopeful but I’m holding on to the chance that all is ok 🤞

#203 *Andi*

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:08 PM

Bumbleflop I've got everything crossed for you! I also am a bit surprised that they're concerned, HCG does slow down... This link says that at the levels you're up to, it slows to 4+ days for doubling. https://www.ivfautho...hcg-calculator/

I never did more than two BTs for my successful pregnancies as my first two results were in range. So I wouldn't even know how much they slowed down. Scans are definitely better to see what's going on, hopefully they've prepared you that it might be a bit early to be conclusive. Thinking of you x

#204 Bumbleflop

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:48 PM

I hope you guys are right 🤞 if I put in my first and last HCG then I’m still above normal as the rise in the first week was so quick. I feel like I’m getting cramps but I’m thinking it’s all in my head! I just need to chill 😬 breathe...

#205 IamOzgirl

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:53 PM

Cramps are normal in early pregnancy.

You will be fine. I'm a bit annoyed at your FS TBH

#206 Bumbleflop

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:36 PM

You are the voice of reason 😂 👍👍 Hopefully I get a straight answer at the scan and don’t get left in limbo. I’ll happily be annoyed at my FS if all is good 👍 will tell him he gave me a heart attack and I’d like a discount as compensation for stress caused 😜😂

#207 Gabbitz

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:38 PM

IamOzgirl so sorry to hear. Big hugs. You’ve had such a tough road. I hope you get your BFP soon.

Bumbleflop, so sorry for the stress they’re causing you. I don’t know what is ‘normal’ for hcg either, but like the other ladies, I thought it slowed after really early pregnancy.  I hope the scan shows everything is fine tomorrow.

#208 IamOzgirl

Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:03 AM

Bumble, your not 6 weeks yet?

I think the only thing the can look for is to check it's not ectopic. But I would be surprised, I thought ectopic had a slower HCG rise early than this.

The scan might be inconclusive because you won't really know until they see a heart beat (if not ectopic) and even if you are 6weeks you might not see it (I did with Jack though, I went early because we had a US trip booked. I was so certain of failure)


aFM, am I bat sh*t crazy to consider two embryo being transferred?

#209 Bumbleflop

Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:38 AM

Yeah I’m only 5w6d today so I’m not sure either 🤷‍♀️ From what I’ve read the heartbeat can be seen when HCG is above 10000 which mine is but not sure if that’s supposed to be in conjunction with a minimum time as well. I hope I’m not left in limbo after this...

And you aren’t crazy to go for two! My only thoughts with sticking with 1 is that if implantation isn’t happening due to unfavourable environment then 2 won’t stick just like 1 won’t stick. But that’s me and my nasty insides, depends what you think your implantation issue might be? Is there anything else you can add to up your implantation odds that you haven’t tried yet? How many embryos you got left?

#210 IamOzgirl

Posted 22 November 2019 - 11:38 AM

I have two left. I tried to book into my FS to discuss but she can't see me. So she will just liaise with my nurses.

I have obviously implanted before. So I don't know what the issue is. And that's my thoughts too. That implanting two is a waste if it me and not the embies.

It sucks not having a partner to discuss this with.

In saying that he always said "whatever you think is best"

Edited by IamOzgirl, 22 November 2019 - 11:41 AM.


#211 Bumbleflop

Posted 22 November 2019 - 02:27 PM

With only two left I would personally do one at a time but you know your body best and if you are at peace with doing another stim cycle soon if neither implant then go for it! I’m all for trying something different each cycle just for my own sanity to know I’m doing something else to up the chances and if that’s the something different then it sounds exciting!! My next cycle was going to be a natural cycle instead of medicated, that was my something different 🤷‍♀️

Just got home from my scan and as you ladies said, it appears to be all good ❤️ There was the start of a tiny flicker of a heart beat but not enough to be able to measure it. Definitely not ectopic and in the right spot. The only thing she said was it measured as a 5 to 5 and a half week and she said I should be 5w5d. I dunno how they figure it all out..I thought I was either 5w6d or 6w on the dot lol  managed to get my next scan brought forward to the 3rd so will just assume all is good until then 🤞

#212 IamOzgirl

Posted 22 November 2019 - 03:12 PM

Yay bumble!

I don't know if I will go again.

So this is it. I can't afford it.

#213 Bumbleflop

Posted 22 November 2019 - 03:32 PM

☹️ in that case, I honestly wouldn’t put them both in together

#214 *Andi*

Posted 22 November 2019 - 03:50 PM

I'm so sorry Ozgirl, I missed your post earlier. It's so unfair :-( I would lean towards trying them individually too, and throwing some different things at it. I hope your FS has something up their sleeve.

Bumbleflop that is wonderful! I don't think I'd worry about their measurements seeing as they said 5 - 5.5, sounds like they weren't being fastidious about that. DD1 was measuring 5 days behind at 7w too, that was stressful as I'd had a MMC before that, where at the first scan there was a slow hb and measuring small. Can't wait for your next update!

MSDC I feel like I have missed something from looking at your sig...

AFM, I'm 12dpo and started spotting slightly this afternoon. So I grabbed some FRER because I'll be starting pergoveris on day 2, and wanted to make sure it was negative before that. Tested when I got home expecting nothing. Buuttt... A second line appeared within the first couple of minutes. It's fairly faint but definitely there and pink... So now I don't really know what to think! Argh, I normally wait until 15dpo for this reason!

#215 Bumbleflop

Posted 22 November 2019 - 03:56 PM

Andi 😱😱😱 OMG!!! I’m so happy for you!! Your little natural miracle 😍😍 I have everything crossed that this is it!!

#216 Gabbitz

Posted 22 November 2019 - 04:38 PM

Andi - oh wow. So excited for you. Would be so cool to hear that it worked ‘naturally’ after everything you’ve been through. I’ll keep hoping for your sake that test line keeps darkening up!

Bumbleflop, so glad to hear that they’ve ruled out an ectopic pregnancy. That’s a huge relief for you. In terms of the baby’s ‘age’, it’s determined from the measurement they take from the baby’s head to its butt. Generally the ultrasound machine then calculates the age based on average sizes. But those measurements can be inaccurate depending on the baby’s orientation and how accurate the doc is about marking the start and end point that they see on the screen.  I don’t know how accurate the machines are early on either. I know that as you get through the first trimester they want the bub’s size to be +/- 2 days ish, so I reckon you’re falling within that range. Glad you were able to get a scan on 3/12. By then bub should have a nice heartbeat and you should start to see discernible baby shape! I hope the scan today has at least relived some of the scare from yesterday.

IamOzgirl- no you’re not crazy for thinking about transferring two embies at once. It’s logical to hope that putting two in might give you a better chance for one to succeed. However, from what I’ve found and been told, the success rate from multiple emby transfers compared to singleton transfers is not actually that much higher, so it might not be worth the risk. There is also the possibility of both taking and then the potential risks inherent in a multiple birth. Having had a bub in NICU and special care, it’s not something that I’d wish for any child that I carry. Typically twins are delivered at 36-37 weeks to reduce the complications that can come if they stay in longer! Just a thought to consider. Also, I’d be thinking like Bumbleflop that if you do two transfers, you might be able to try to change up your protocol each time to find a successful drug regime for your metabolism.

#217 Bumbleflop

Posted 22 November 2019 - 05:09 PM

So just as I’m finally chilled and thinking all is ok...the clinic calls. They want me to have a scan on Thursday and more bloods on Tuesday...ughhh I guess that will give a more solid indication but they give bugger all info about what they are concerned about.

#218 MSDC

Posted 22 November 2019 - 06:15 PM

 *Andi*, on 22 November 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

I'm so sorry Ozgirl, I missed your post earlier. It's so unfair :-( I would lean towards trying them individually too, and throwing some different things at it. I hope your FS has something up their sleeve.

Bumbleflop that is wonderful! I don't think I'd worry about their measurements seeing as they said 5 - 5.5, sounds like they weren't being fastidious about that. DD1 was measuring 5 days behind at 7w too, that was stressful as I'd had a MMC before that, where at the first scan there was a slow hb and measuring small. Can't wait for your next update!

MSDC I feel like I have missed something from looking at your sig...

AFM, I'm 12dpo and started spotting slightly this afternoon. So I grabbed some FRER because I'll be starting pergoveris on day 2, and wanted to make sure it was negative before that. Tested when I got home expecting nothing. Buuttt... A second line appeared within the first couple of minutes. It's fairly faint but definitely there and pink... So now I don't really know what to think! Argh, I normally wait until 15dpo for this reason!

*Andi* just flying under the radar here. I got my BFP last week and I’m 5w1d today. I’m so scared that something will go wrong. We ended up conceiving naturally. I was waiting for AF to arrive so I could start my next IVF round. My FS has sent me back to my GP after blood tests confirmed and HCG and Progesterone were all good. Have my first appointment next Wednesday.


#219 Gabbitz

Posted 22 November 2019 - 06:26 PM

Wow MSDC that’s awesome!

Bumbleflop it might just be that they will be more likely to find a heartbeat clearly by then. However you then get to see bub earlier than you were originally going to, so that’s great too!

#220 Bumbleflop

Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:04 PM

Yep excited to have an earlier scan! I think if bloods look ok on Tuesday then I won’t stress about the scan at all :)

MSDC have u joined our FB dig yet? 😬 there’s some new members but I have no idea who is who 😂

#221 MSDC

Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:09 PM

 Bumbleflop, on 22 November 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

Yep excited to have an earlier scan! I think if bloods look ok on Tuesday then I won’t stress about the scan at all :)

MSDC have u joined our FB dig yet? there’s some new members but I have no idea who is who

Hey Bumbleflop... I don’t have Facebook so I couldn’t!

#222 Bumbleflop

Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:14 PM

Oh no 😢 you could always create a random name account and use it just for DIG chat? I honestly don’t think the EB forums will be used much :(

#223 MSDC

Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:19 PM

 Bumbleflop, on 22 November 2019 - 07:14 PM, said:

Oh no you could always create a random name account and use it just for DIG chat? I honestly don’t think the EB forums will be used much :(
I’m just in the process of doing that now

#224 IamOzgirl

Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:36 PM

 Gabbitz, on 22 November 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

Andi - oh wow. So excited for you. Would be so cool to hear that it worked ‘naturally’ after everything you’ve been through. I’ll keep hoping for your sake that test line keeps darkening up!

Bumbleflop, so glad to hear that they’ve ruled out an ectopic pregnancy. That’s a huge relief for you. In terms of the baby’s ‘age’, it’s determined from the measurement they take from the baby’s head to its butt. Generally the ultrasound machine then calculates the age based on average sizes. But those measurements can be inaccurate depending on the baby’s orientation and how accurate the doc is about marking the start and end point that they see on the screen.  I don’t know how accurate the machines are early on either. I know that as you get through the first trimester they want the bub’s size to be +/- 2 days ish, so I reckon you’re falling within that range. Glad you were able to get a scan on 3/12. By then bub should have a nice heartbeat and you should start to see discernible baby shape! I hope the scan today has at least relived some of the scare from yesterday.

IamOzgirl- no you’re not crazy for thinking about transferring two embies at once. It’s logical to hope that putting two in might give you a better chance for one to succeed. However, from what I’ve found and been told, the success rate from multiple emby transfers compared to singleton transfers is not actually that much higher, so it might not be worth the risk. There is also the possibility of both taking and then the potential risks inherent in a multiple birth. Having had a bub in NICU and special care, it’s not something that I’d wish for any child that I carry. Typically twins are delivered at 36-37 weeks to reduce the complications that can come if they stay in longer! Just a thought to consider. Also, I’d be thinking like Bumbleflop that if you do two transfers, you might be able to try to change up your protocol each time to find a successful drug regime for your metabolism.

I will already be pushing for 37 ish week csection I don’t know if I could go to 38. My anxiety will be sky high. I am already a high risk pregnancy having had a full term loss.

#225 Bumbleflop

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:45 AM

IamOzgirl given your history I would totally be insisting on an early csection too. So for your 2 little embryos, what can be done different to give them the best shot at sticking? What else can be thrown at this? Scratch? ERA? Medications?

MSDC let me know if you need any help :)


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

 

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

 
Advertisement
 

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement
 
 
 

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

 

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

 
Advertisement
 
 
Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.