Ready Set Go Girls #283

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#101 Bumbleflop

Posted 25 October 2019 - 11:41 AM

I’ve been told that the minimum is 7mm which is what I managed to get last time but they prefer 8mm or above. I’ve been reading up on this GIP which is a GCSF injection...doesn’t sound too bad but it’s a matter of scheduling it in. Would be nice if it could just be done today. I’m really struggling with the scheduling and feeling like just a number. Having to plan my cycle around not having procedures on Sunday’s as they are closed and very limited on saturdays. Very frustrating.

#102 MSDC

Posted 25 October 2019 - 12:10 PM

I'm hearing your frustrations when it comes to scheduling everything in and making everything line up - it's makes things really difficult.
Hopefully you can get it sorted pretty quickly.
Both times I've had my EPU's its fallen on a Saturday and the same with my AF and first injections!!
I thought today was my three week mark for my testing, turns out I'm a week a head of myself and its only two weeks... Another week of the antagonising wait.... arghhhhh

#103 Bumbleflop

Posted 25 October 2019 - 05:13 PM

Haha yep totally understand feeling ahead of yourself! Hope the week goes quick for you :)

I managed to see my FS today and we actually did the GIP to try and thicken my lining during the appointment. I’ll trigger on Sunday and transfer on Friday. Also adding in 150mg/day aspirin from tonight and 10mg/day prednisolone from trigger day. I find it weird that they don’t check my lining thickness at all for the rest of this cycle?! Just assuming the GIP works 😏

If this cycle doesn’t work then we will try a natural FET cycle next month as my body seems to prefer not being on drugs and performs as it should.

#104 MissHLH

Posted 25 October 2019 - 05:15 PM

MissDC - a lining over 7mm is desirable for pregnancy.

GIP is G-CSF infused into the uterus; it looks like there is some evidence it can help thicken the lining?  I'm sorry Bumbleflop that you're experiencing this.  Maybe it's worth a try?  6.5mm is so close, that must be so frustrating.

AFM - just waiting!  I'm thinking about my uterus a lot!  But strangely not too anxious one way or another just yet.  I see this changing in the next few days.  I think I'm in a 'first-timers' bubble - even though I know there is a good chance it hasn't worked, I think deep down I believe it has (just secretely, on the inside!).  And so I'm not stressed, because I "know" it's worked.  And I know it's naivety, but I can't help it!  I think I'll enjoy it while it lasts, because it won't last forever.
I hope that makes sense!

#105 Bumbleflop

Posted 25 October 2019 - 06:01 PM

MissHLH I really hope you have beginners luck 🤞 enjoy the feeling ☺️

#106 Gabbitz

Posted 25 October 2019 - 07:11 PM

Hey Bumbleflop, sorry to hear your lining is not thickening up. Glad to hear they were able do the injection today. I’ve never had that injection thing, but the aspirin is meant to help blood flow, so that should help too. Will this be the first time on prednisone? Make sure you have with food (I didn’t a couple of times and it’s not good!). Also I’ve found I don’t like the powdery taste of the tablets, so marmite on toast works brilliantly to cover the taste! Or anything else strong tasting!

Miss DC sorry to hear you got your timing mixed up. So frustrating to realise you’ve got more wait time.

Miss HLH, I hope everything is truly going well and you have beautiful bub growing well. When are you due to test?

#107 Bumbleflop

Posted 26 October 2019 - 12:08 AM

Thanks for the tips 😂 I’ve had prednisone before but only for a few days at a time for other issues so hopefully it’s smooth sailing.

I have to halve aspirin tablets..just tried my first one and totally destroyed the tablet lol surely I’m not the only one trying to halve them? I’ve got the disprin brand and they have part of a line to halve but don’t look like they are intended to be halved.

#108 Bumbleflop

Posted 26 October 2019 - 01:02 AM

Hmm I misread my instructions...prednisone only starts 2 days after FET. Is that normal? I feel like it’s too late at that point

#109 Gabbitz

Posted 26 October 2019 - 05:45 AM

Hey Bumbleflop. Again I’ve never halved aspirin, but I know there are medication cutter available that are meant to be helpful for doing that. Maybe your chemist can help. Or there might be a different brand or dose available from a different manufacturer? I use Spren which is 100mg, but there might be something else available?

The prednisone-again I’ve never started it afterwards, so I’m not sure. Can you get in touch with your clinic? It does seem odd, but it could be that starting afterwards give the emby a chance to take.

#110 Bumbleflop

Posted 26 October 2019 - 11:55 PM

Yeah I think I’ll call them Monday morning as it seems odd...I kinda wanted the prednisone to calm my immune system prior to transfer! I feel like it’s preventing implantation.

I’ll search a bit harder for the aspirin in the right dose, it must be somewhere!

#111 Bumbleflop

Posted 27 October 2019 - 12:53 AM

Ok..I’m an idiot. Instead of trying to halve the aspirin with a knife, I just snapped it in half tonight 😂😂 it worked 🤷‍♀️

#112 BeachesBaby

Posted 27 October 2019 - 06:04 AM

Hi bumbledlop - I know everyone’s protocol is different, but my prednisone started cd2, at 10mg, and bumped up to 20mg after ovulation, so 5 days prior to FET, as a benchmark. Glad you’ll get the final word from your fs.

#113 Bumbleflop

Posted 27 October 2019 - 10:24 PM

Thanks beaches! That sounds more like something I’d be expecting...can finally call them in the morning to check. Annoyed they don’t do weekends 🙄 not really sure if I should just start popping the prednisone even if they say no it’s correct to start 2 days after a 6 day FET.

#114 MissHLH

Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:25 AM

Bumbleflop - the immune system is tricky, and you do need some of the immune cells there for implantation (it's all about balance), so check, but I probably wouldn't do it earlier if they say not to.  But I'd want to understand why it's after the tranfer!  Hope you've got your answer now.

Miss DC - I hope you managed to distract yourself over the weekend.  This is all about waiting.  Learning to be patient might make us better parents... Or send us crazy!

AFM - pretty much as soon as I wrote my post I started getting cramps.  I normally start cramping a week before AF, so right on schedule.  (I know it could be the crinone or normal, or even wind(!), but I don't think so).  Not feeling so confident now.  My blood test is on Thursday, but I might do a home test tomorrow or Wednesday.  Tomorrow would be 13.5 days post trigger, and I bought the Coles test which is 25mIU/ml, so not super sensitive.  So if that's positive it would be a good sign I figure.  But reviews of the Coles test aren't great, so I might just be sending myself crazy either way...

#115 IamOzgirl

Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:07 PM

Bumble thats annoying that your clinic don't have an after hours number :-(

Miss HLH, which coles test? is there a coles branded one or are you talking about the Confirm brand?

I found the confirm brand just as sensitive as FRER, my old clinic used to supply them (NFP clinic so didn't do beta HCG to save costs)

#116 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:19 PM

Can anyone suggest a good Facebook group for IVF?  I’m asking for a friend.  She’s in Vic at the NSW border.

#117 IamOzgirl

Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:24 PM

Hi Hypnic, as mentioned in your other thread, maybe try a clinic's page.

I have not heard of any specific groups.

Sorry

#118 MissHLH

Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:57 PM

I think my clinic has a FB page, so I think that's probably a good place to start.

I bought the Coles branded test.  Not sure if it's a mistake - and if I get a positive I'll buy a different one.  If I get a negative then I'll just wait for the blood test....

#119 Gabbitz

Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:31 PM

Hi Hypnic, I’ve not heard of a specific IVF FB group, but there are also potentially support groups for people who have a specific condition that has led them to try IVF. I know there is an endo Qld group, but I’m not sure about anything Vic/NSW way. Maybe do a bit of research or maybe she can if she’s aware of what’s causing her issues. Doesn’t help much if she’s at the beginning of her journey and isnt aware of what’s causing issues!

Miss DC and Miss HLH - yep waiting sucks! But trust me the little bit of crazy thrown in once you have a child helps too! My son knows how to push my buttons big time. I thought I was reasonably patient til he came along! But sometimes that little element of crazy insanity is what then gets me through!

BTW Miss HLH, in the TWW, your body really can go through a complete roller coaster of emotions and sensations. You could indeed be pregnant, it could be your body is just starting to generate all the delightful hormones. Unfortunately pregnancy hormones can feel like period cramps, so it’s really hard to say one way or the other. If possible hold off testing until as late as possible, then if you were a later implanted, your body has had a chance to trigger hcg generation that would be available to test.

I know how hard it is to follow that advice, having been on this journey for a long time. But I normally try to test the morning of my blood test, just so I’m prepared,  it I’ve kept my hopes up for as long as possible! In the meantime I cook! That’s what distracts me best! Work fills in time, but doesn’t distract my brain well enough unfortunately! If you go back a ways in these posts, I’ve got the cake I made during my TWW for a combination party for my brother (50th) and my husband (40th).

Have you got something that will distract you for the next couple of days?

Good luck, I still hope you get your BFP. I’ll be thinking of you.

#120 MissHLH

Posted 28 October 2019 - 03:37 PM

Thanks Gabbitz - I was planning on waiting until the day of the blood test, I have rarely ever tested, even when AF was late because I felt sure it was on the way.  I might test on Wednesday (one day before the blood test), because I see my psychiatrist, and either way I'll probably need her support!

#121 MSDC

Posted 28 October 2019 - 03:50 PM

Thanks Gabbitz... My wait is now over and we'll be heading back to the drawing board. Our two embryo's have been tested and both have chromosome issues.

#122 *Andi*

Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:23 PM

Miss DC I’m so sorry, that is so disappointing. I hope your FS has some ideas up their sleeve x

Miss HLH, hopefully it’s early pregnancy you can feel and not AF! I usually test in the afternoon on the day before my BT, if I know I’m going to test first thing in the morning I find it hard to sleep. Good idea to test before your appointment. I’ve also heard that laughter is supposed to be beneficial after a transfer, so I listen to a funny podcast on the long drive home.

Hypnic Jerk, I recently joined an IVF Facebook group, it’s quite active with almost 9000 members. It’s called IVF SUPPORT GROUP, AUSTRALIA. Also when I am in Facebook and search IVF, then click ‘groups’, quite a few come up.

Bumbleflop, I’m glad you’ve found an easier way to halve the aspirin haha! I use a pill cutter for my blood pressure tablets. I hope you’ve worked out the prednisone with your clinic. My frozen transfer instruction sheet for the Colorado protocol has 25mg prednisone starting the day after ovulation, but crossed out and written in for me as 20mg starting day 1 of my cycle.

Gabbitz I hope you’re travelling well. Yay for coming off your meds! It always feels like such a big milestone haha. It’s good that your ob can be proactive with the progesterone though, hopefully that will help.

IamOzGirl I’m so sorry you can’t share your journey with us any longer, that must not have been nice to find out. I hope everything is going to plan for you and that you are feeling a bit better. We both had a tough week last week with approaching dates while cycling, there were a lot of tears from me too.

MSDC oh my goodness that is so awful! I’m sorry you have to put up with comments from friends, and nastiness from your MIL. Forums are definitely a great place to find people who ‘get it’.

BeachesBaby I hope all is tracking along nicely for you!

AFM, I have no idea what my body is doing! Today is day 12, the same day I had egg collection last cycle and the day they assumed I’d have it again. But at my ultrasounds on Friday and Monday there doesn’t seem to have been much growth and on Friday my estrogen levels were only 200+. To compare, in one of my frozen cycles where I stimmed with a lower dose of Gonal-f my estrogen was 6000+ on day 6! So my FS has stopped my orgalutran for now and increased my Pergoveris to 100 (from 87.5). I’ll go in for another scan and BT on Wednesday and see if that changes things. It’s a bit of a balancing act for me, as I still have 60+ follicles on each ovary, so they don’t want them all to get big and put me at risk of OHSS again.

#123 BeachesBaby

Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:53 PM

HJ I’m in the group Andi suggested above, and it’s been really helpful. There’s another one that’s more geared to people trying for their first, which can be nice if you don’t have any of your own either. It’s called IVF support Australia TTC. They also won’t show up for anyone else to see you’re in them, unless that person specifically also joins them.

Afm, I asked for a repeat beta today for my own mental health, and it was over 8,000 at 21dpt (equivalent to 26dpo) which actually follows a 2 day doubling pattern from my prior levels, even though I know it doesn’t need to double when it gets into the thousands. So I’m feeling slightly more reassured. Only 11 days to go until my scan, not that I’m desperately counting or anything!!

#124 Gabbitz

Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:05 PM

Hey BeachesBaby,
That sounds really good. I hope the blood test put your mind at ease a little. Hope the wait til your scan isn’t too onerous!

MissDC, I’m so sorry to hear your news. That’s got to be tough to hear. Big hugs. I hope your FS has some ideas on next steps for you.

Andi, sounds like your cycle is a bit of a mess. I hope the changed drug regime helps over the next few days.

Miss HLH - sounds like a great plan. I’m glad you’ve got that help available during a time like this.

#125 *Andi*

Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:28 PM

Hopefully not a mess and just a bit slower than it normally is for me :-p

BeachesBaby that's fantastic! I hope the wait doesn't drag on too long for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.