Bride and Prejudice 2019 *Might contain spoilers*

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#1 Paddlepop

Posted 02 October 2019 - 07:56 PM

Who's watching?

Edited by Paddlepop, 30 October 2019 - 12:26 AM.

#2 Freddie'sMum

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:47 PM

Me but I have only seen bits and pieces.  Watching the young tattooed couple now.  The Mum / MIL is a nasty piece of work.

#3 chillipeppers

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:50 PM

I’m watching and so far I don’t like the mum of the tattooed couple

#4 Paddlepop

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:51 PM

FM: Agree. Taking out a 3 week old baby without permission from the sleeping mum to leave her to wake up to no baby? b**ch. DH has said that this one and the rich blonde mum remind him of his own mother.

#5 Chchgirl

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:53 PM

I want to but All Blacks. I'll watch it on 7plus though!

#6 MissBehaving

Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:11 PM

View PostPaddlepop, on 02 October 2019 - 08:51 PM, said:

FM: Agree. Taking out a 3 week old baby without permission from the sleeping mum to leave her to wake up to no baby? b**ch. DH has said that this one and the rich blonde mum remind him of his own mother.

I think I heard later that the dad/son had said she could but still she is way OTT.

The Lebanese parents seem so lovely though I don't agree with them.

The other mum's all seem pretty awful.

#7 *Nasty*Squeekums*

Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:21 PM

The parents all seem awful

#8 *Ker*

Posted 03 October 2019 - 08:14 AM

Yeah I heard the horrible mum said that her son said she could take the baby out. He said "I've already apologised to her".

She's lucky that wasn't me. I would have called the cops and said she kidnapped my baby.

#9 literally nobody

Posted 03 October 2019 - 01:14 PM

I would not go on this show to air our dirty laundry. no way. I don’t understand if the tattood couple don’t want anything to do with her, why does the mother’s blessing matter?

#10 MissBehaving

Posted 03 October 2019 - 01:31 PM

The cynic in me says they went on for the free/discounted wedding stuff and the publicity.

But also tattooed groom seems desperate to have his mum in his life, if she would just stop being so difficult.

#11 MarigoldMadge

Posted 03 October 2019 - 03:32 PM

My mistake

Edited by MarigoldMadge, 03 October 2019 - 03:56 PM.

#12 literally nobody

Posted 03 October 2019 - 04:28 PM

View Postbabylove69, on 03 October 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

The cynic in me says they went on for the free/discounted wedding stuff and the publicity.

But also tattooed groom seems desperate to have his mum in his life, if she would just stop being so difficult.

On tv we only see one side, Who knows what has been going on between the two ladies for it to turn this ferral.

#13 Freddie'sMum

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:00 PM

Watching again now.  I can understand Milly's mum fears about Micah.  The lad looks permanently stoned.

#14 Freddie'sMum

Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:50 PM

Joanne / Jojo mum to Jessie "she wasn't gay until she met you" would be funny if she didn't mean it.  She meant it :(

#15 MissBehaving

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:02 PM

Tori's mum is soo condescending! James is a hothead but the mum's tone of voice is just ... argh!!

#16 MooGuru

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:27 PM

The mum and sister's behaviour is awful. They remind me of schoolyard mean girls.

#17 amdirel

Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:23 PM

Most of the couples I can see where the parents are coming from, but I think they're being excessively mean about it. Dannii and Denton are a terrible couple IMO, but that 'task' tonight was ridiculous.

Jojo and Jess though are a lovely couple. I really feel for them. It's so sad that her parents can't accept their marriage. I just can't see what the big deal is. If you don't want to 'sin' by having a gay marriage, don't have a gay marriage FFS.

#18 MissBehaving

Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:32 PM

I agree with you except I'd add Codie-Lea and Nathan seem good together.

#19 Paddlepop

Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:52 PM

Nathan's mother is so much like my DH's mother. A nasty controlling b**ch who has an unhealthy attachment to her son, like he's her partner instead of her son and hates any woman who dares to be involved with him because she might take him away. Nope, he'll run away. Nathan and Codie-Lea clearly love each other. Either the mum accepts Codie-Lea or she's never going to see her son or her granddaughter.

The mum and sister duo were so mean and nasty like a pair of teenagers. I love that it backfired on them and just made them look like fools while he got support from strangers and his fiancee. (Can't remember their names.)

#20 Paddlepop

Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:54 PM

Gogglebox just covered Bride and Prejudice. It was hilarious. It was at about the 5 minute mark.

#21 *Ker*

Posted 11 October 2019 - 04:58 PM

I knew Dannii and Denton werent going to last. Those two are a trainwreck. They might convince him to come back for the show, but if those two get married, they'll divorce. The mother and sister are nasty little idiots.

I love Nathan and Codie-Lea! They are great for each other and there is genuine love there. His mum is psycho scary.

I like Jess, but not Jo-Jo. She said something about one of the other couples (maybe Micah?) that got my back up.

Tori and James I like a lot. I don't know how he deals with Tori's mum. She's a grade A b**ch.

Micah and Milly I'm still not sure about. I think they're both very young. I kinda agree with Micah though. I'm in the camp dope isn't a big deal. Heroin or cocaine or ice, absolutely. But not dope. I don't smoke it but know people that do, and it's not a big deal.

#22 Chocolate Addict

Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:28 PM

View PostFreddie, on 09 October 2019 - 07:50 PM, said:

Joanne / Jojo mum to Jessie "she wasn't gay until she met you" would be funny if she didn't mean it.  She meant it Posted Image

Jojo did say she didn't know she was gay until she et Jessie so it was sort of true.

I have never watched it before but am watching online cos so many people rave about it. lol

I don't know all their names but man, some of those mothers are just nasty.
I hope I am nicer when my kid finds a partner.

#23 YodaTheWrinkledOne

Posted 14 October 2019 - 10:59 AM

Nathan's mum is super nasty. She just comes across as a bitter nasty person who will not change her mind because she ALWAYS has to be right.

Mind you, I think the lie dectector test question she was asked wasn't well worded "Did you come here to mend fences with Codie-Lee and Nathan?" - it should have been broken into two questions (a) "Did you come here to mend fences with Nathan?" and (b) "did you come here to mend fences with Codie-Lee?" because she would have answered yes to the first question and no to the second.

At the point at which your child is engaged and weeks away from walking down an aisle, it's unlikely you are ever going to change their mind. Either get on board with it, smile and be included in the wedding, or bow out gracefully and keep your mouth shut. Even if the relationship is doomed, being right at that point in time isn't going to help your relationship with your child, it's only make your child pull further away.

#24 Soontobegran

Posted 14 October 2019 - 11:15 AM

As a parent of children old enough to be married or whatever they choose to be to whom they choose to be I can not imagine a day where I'd so publicly show my abhorrent behaviour to millions of people just because I was spitting the dummy about their choice.
The rich b**ch is my most detested person. She ONLY cares about how she will be seen if her daughter marries beneath her. Poor Tori.

I am more tolerant of Jo Jo's parents because they have been brainwashed for decades and are naive, not too worldly and stuck in the past.....I believe they will go to the wedding.

#25 YodaTheWrinkledOne

Posted 14 October 2019 - 11:22 AM

Soontobegran, on 14 October 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:

I am more tolerant of Jo Jo's parents because they have been brainwashed for decades and are naive, not too worldly and stuck in the past.....I believe they will go to the wedding.
I agree.

But it's also about how they will be perceived in their own community if they support the marriage. They are effectively prioritising the opinions/approval of external people over their  their own child, which I think is so so sad. Saving face is more important to them than supporting their child. I wonder what the siblings are doing, and what their position is.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 8 guests, 1 anonymous users

Nozycat

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.