Due in June 2020 chat #1

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#76 Moo88

Posted 26 October 2019 - 02:59 PM

Bec I know how you feel about waiting. My scan is not until the 11th and I just want to see if things are ok.

The doctor's appointment today was ok. My hcg is 12000 which means it has definitely increased in a week. I'm getting another test in a couple of days just to reassure myself. She can't explain why the spotting is happening except that sometimes it does.

Rowd I wanted an earlier scan too but she said it was too early to see a heartbeat.

I feel a little better knowing that the hcg but since googling into it,  it is actually higher than expected for my gestation week! The doctor didn't mention that....

#77 rowd

Posted 26 October 2019 - 03:24 PM

That's really good news about your hcg Moo! Increasing is a promising sign. How far along are you now?

I had bleeding in my first pregnancy and there was never any known cause for it. It is worrying of course, but quite common.

#78 Gabbitz

Posted 26 October 2019 - 09:18 PM

Moo, in terms of the hcg there is actually a huge amount of variation in what is considered ‘normal’ and it differs between people and pregnancies. My first pregnancy (myDS) we started at 53 and jumped to 153 at second test (IVF pregnancies, so tested right on 4 weeks, 5 days). We weren’t sure we were actually pregnant b3cause our clinic was concerned the results were so low.

My second pregnancy (this one) we started at 211 and a week later jumped to 3167.

It depends on how your body is reacting and how it’s generating progesterone, estrogen and hcg.

I’m not sure how far along you are, but a high result like that is just a good sign that bub is still growing and burrowing in nicely, starting to get the placenta growing etc.

Understand the freak out about the bleeding though as I had threatened miscarriage in my first pregnancy too and ended up on bed rest til 14 weeks because they diagnosed a hematoma. If the doc is not concerned that’s great. I hope it all settles down shortly.

#79 Moo88

Posted 27 October 2019 - 06:24 AM

Thanks guys. You have no idea how grateful I am to have you guys to talk to.

Rowd and Gabbitz you must have been anxious when you had the bleedings. It is difficult when there is so much uncertainty. I'm glad that you both ended up doing well though :)

I am 5 weeks and 3 days so still very early days. Trying not to read too much into the really high hcg level - it is higher than what is expected for 5 weeks. Maybe I'm further along? But I'm definite with my dates though.

#80 rowd

Posted 27 October 2019 - 01:42 PM

That sounds really normal for your dates! My hcg was 5700 at 4+5 (according to my scan dating), so I'm guessing would have been similar to yours at the same gestation. Definitely nothing to worry about :)

#81 Moo88

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:04 AM

Thanks Rowd :)

#82 rowd

Posted 31 October 2019 - 04:07 AM

How are you doing this week Moo?

#83 Pigling_

Posted 31 October 2019 - 03:01 PM

Booked my NT scan and my first antenatal appointment at the hospital this morning! Starting to feel more real. GP apt next week - was meant to be today but roads were closed with fires in the area so had to reschedule.

Don’t think I’ll really believe it’s all happening until I can see that everything is ok in that scan though.

#84 Moo88

Posted 01 November 2019 - 09:38 AM

How exciting Pigling. Will that be your first scan?

I've had an interesting few days. I haven't been able to do anything except lie in bed or vomit. It's been hard to keep much down and am seeing a doctor today to see if I can take anything. I'm still spotting so I don't want to take anything that might increase the risk of miscarriage.

What have people taken for nausea and vomiting? I'm only on elevit morning sickness tablets which is vit B and ginger and wear the acupressure bands. I think I need something stronger.

#85 BeachesBaby

Posted 01 November 2019 - 04:46 PM

Moo - ask them for ondansetron (it’s called Zofran in the US, but that’s the generic drug name). It’s what they give cancer patients, including pediatric patients, and it’s safe for almost anyone to take. They’re quick and effective, but for some reason if you don’t explicitly ask, doctors don’t always prescribe them. My pediatrician sister said even she doesn’t know why, as there are in general no downsides. Hopefully your GP can give you this or something else to help.

#86 Moo88

Posted 01 November 2019 - 07:52 PM

Thanks Beaches. That's what my doctor prescribed for me. It has been so good but as soon as it wears off I start vomiting again. Probably will be living of these for now.

How is everyone else going?

#87 Gabbitz

Posted 01 November 2019 - 09:07 PM

Moo88 I hope the nausea settles soon for you. That sounds bad. I’m glad BeachesBaby had a suggestion for you. My doc was saying that prednisone is often prescribed for morning sickness, but I wouldn’t recommend that if a different/better option existed.

I haven’t had any issues with vomiting, thankfully. But seeing as I’ve been on prednisone from my IVF Transfer, I’m thinking it might have kept it at bay. I’m struggling with heartburn mostly. My digestion has slowed down,but my hunger levels have increased, so I feel like I’m constantly snacking because if I eat too much, too quickly, it’s quite uncomfortable!

We booked our NIPT scan for next week as i’ll Be 10 weeks on Sunday. I’m hoping my hubby will actually be able to join me for this scan as he hasn’t been able to see any of the earlier scans.

I’m also finally starting to drop my meds down. Prednisone will take just over a month to drop off completely, but I have 6 injections left of the progesterone in oil and then I get to stop them.  I’m very excited to be coming off them - I have bruises on bruises.

#88 rowd

Posted 02 November 2019 - 05:32 AM

That sounds really tough Moo, I have so much sympathy for anyone who gets really sick during pregnancy. I hope that it doesn't last too long and as the hormones start to level out soon you'll improve.

Gabbitz and pigling, that is exciting that you've booked your next scans! Gabbitz are you planning to find out if you're having a girl or boy with the NIPT?

We booked in our CVS yesterday. Because our daughter had a very rare chromosomal condition, we are doing it to rule out the condition occurring again. We are considered very low risk for recurrence, but even low risk is terrifying and so we need to be sure. It's pretty scary as of course the procedure carries a risk, but we hope it will provide reassurance.

#89 Pigling_

Posted 02 November 2019 - 05:43 AM

Moo - yes it will be the first scan of this pregnancy. Sorry to hear you aren’t feeling well. My GF is very unwell with HG currently and is taking Restavit 2-3x daily (1/4 tablet). It’s an old school antihistamine, I actually use it sometimes to help me sleep. It’s a category A so very safe to use. Might be an option as well?

Symptoms wise mine have really slowed down. Feeling exhausted but have had a lot on with work so could be that as well. The nausea has settled and I haven’t vomited for awhile. Feeling that all day seedy feeling often though. Just crossing my fingers that everything is still fine!

#90 BeachesBaby

Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:15 AM

Moo - I’m so glad it helps a bit, even just for some relief in between when it wears off. Keep hanging in there!

#91 Moo88

Posted 02 November 2019 - 05:42 PM

Pigling, I might give restavit a go at night. I used it for sleeping previously and even 1/2 tablet made me drowsy. I woke up at midnight yesterday feeling nauseous!!

Sounds like some of us are getting scans now and I'm hoping everything goes well for us all. Rowd, my sister had a CVS last year and as scary as it was, the information you get from it especially in your case is so important. I have my fingers crossed for good news for you.

I moved my dating/viability scan to Wednesday as I'm still spotting and I want to see if everything is ok and maybe why I am spotting. The doctor said that I may not see a heartbeat (even though I will be 6.5 weeks) and if that happens then we will repeat the scan a week later.

#92 SunnySix

Posted 02 November 2019 - 05:54 PM

Pigling, I’m not having any scans until the NT either. It seems like such a long way away. It won’t be until I see bub, that this actually feels real. 4.5 weeks to go!

#93 rowd

Posted 02 November 2019 - 06:28 PM

Thank you, Moo! We also had one last year when I was pregnant with my son, so this time around it's a little less daunting, but it's always a hard decision to make when there is a risk to the baby. I hope everything turned out OK for your sister. And all the best for your scan on Wednesday and seeing that heartbeat for the first time.

#94 Gabbitz

Posted 02 November 2019 - 09:04 PM

Hey rowd, I hope you get the reassurance you need from your cvs test. I can understand why you want to do it.

We won’t be doing it, but we’re not aware of any potential genetic issues from the donor, so don’t think the risk is beneficial for us.

Our doc has marked that he wants to check for baby’s gender. But I don’t actually want to know. I didn’t find out gender for my son and liked the surprise when he arrived. I kind of like to not know this time too!

Moo88 I hope everything goes well on Wednesday for your scan. I hope you do see a heartbeat. It’s an awesome feeling to see bub on the screen.

#95 Poppy-seed

Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:25 PM

Hi ladies, I had a MC in September but got pregnant again before my period so I ‘think’ my EDD will be the last couple of days of June just going from the Clearblue date calculator pregnancy tests. I’ll probably wait another week then head to the GP for a dating can referral so I have a more definitive date. We haven’t told anyone so am cautiously waiting until I see a heartbeat. I don’t have any symptoms except some cramping so I’m waiting for that first trimester fatigue to kick in then I’ll feel more at ease :)
This will be our third little babe.

#96 rowd

Posted 04 November 2019 - 05:06 AM

Congrats Poppy-seed! This is # 3 for me too :)

#97 Gabbitz

Posted 04 November 2019 - 05:33 AM

Congrats Poppyseed. Hope everything goes well. Great to see you join us.

#98 CatJones80

Posted 04 November 2019 - 12:36 PM

Well I’m slightly shocked still but am somehow joining this group.
with 4 older children living with my ex husband aged from 12 through to 19.
my partner and I have recently found out we are expecting, there is a bit of confusion with dates but ultrasound shows a due date of 28 June for our little blob.

Cat

#99 Gabbitz

Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:28 PM

Congrats CatJones. Wow. Hope your pregnancy goes smoothly!

AFM, we had our NT scan today and it was awesome to see bub moving around, waving their arms and legs (saying their because we don’t want to know gender until their born, not because there’s more than one!) my husband and son were with me today, so they got to see bub as well. Not sure my son gets it as he’s not quite 2 yet, but anyway...

Also got a call from my GP. Supposedly he wants to talk about some blood test results that have just come back. That has me a bit freaked out. I had a test recently that should have just been blood group testing and the other tests that are necessary for pregnancy.  I’m not sure what he needs to talk about, so I’m a bit worried. Thankfully I was able to book an appointment tomorrow morning, so I don5 have to stress for too long.

#100 rowd

Posted 05 November 2019 - 04:04 AM

Congrats catjones! Sounds like a bit of a surprise, but how exciting. All the best.

Gabbitz, so glad to hear your NT scan went well. Isn't it amazing how baby like they look by that point? Very special that your son was able to be there.

I hope your blood results are nothing to worry about. All the best for your appointment this morning.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.