Due in June 2020 chat #1

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#51 Moo88

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:30 PM

Good news with the hcg - it was just over 1000 so has definitely doubled in 48hrs. Is it weird that I am still cautious?

I just started feeling queasy in the morning today. I remember the last pregnancy I was sick very early on about 5 weeks. I'm taking it as a good sign though.

#52 bec2585

Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:31 PM

Congrats what a great hcg. I’m currently about 4 weeks and have some nausea in the morning and my nipples started hurting yesterday, I have a lot of bloating some days which can be really painful and just tired but I don’t know if that’s just my regular state because I have a 3yr old 😂

#53 BeachesBaby

Posted 21 October 2019 - 03:31 PM

I’m cautiously dipping my toe into this group. I had a mc at 9w back in April from my first ivf cycle, so I feel very nervous even saying it out loud, but I got my second beta today, at 616, up from 192 on Friday, so it’s more than doubling and according to my clinic I’m officially pregnant.

This is our 4th transfer, first on an immune protocol, so I’m on daily prednisone and clexane injections, as well as the 3x daily progesterone that goes along with Ivf. All of it is annoying, but I’d do it 100x over if it meant I get to have this baby, and that he/she is healthy. My first scan will be nov 8th, so for the next 2.5 weeks I’ll be holding onto hope that we’ll get good news there too. Edd would be june 23rd.

#54 Gabbitz

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:24 PM

Hey Beaches, be thinking of you over the next few weeks. I know I was nervous before my first scan too. I hope everything goes well to that point. I also know the joy of being on prednisone and Clexane! I have some impressive bruises going at the moment! However at my second scan today (which was awesome!) we started talking about weaning off the meds. That was in some ways an even more awesome conversation!

I wean off prednisone very slowly (2.5mg every 4 days is as fast as I can come off if I don’t want splitting headaches!) so I’m starting to wean as of Sunday. Yay!

I’ve been all over the place with symptoms. Sometimes nauseous, sometimes excessively tired, sometimes dizzy, sometimes really bad heartburn . Nothing consistent- good in some ways, but still weird.

#55 BeachesBaby

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:52 PM

Thanks Gabbitz - I kind of feel like I almost never went to go off of it, as I’m just scared I’ll lose this one too. I may just ask to wait until the first trimester if we make it that far, and start weaning then. I don’t actually know what their plan is anyway, we haven’t gotten that far but I suppose I’ll find out at some point. I’ve got a fair few bruises too, and I’m blaming the extra chub I was right now on the prednisone, though it could be the pizza as well!

#56 rowd

Posted 21 October 2019 - 05:46 PM

Awesome news Moo and congrats Beaches! So nice to see some more people joining.

I've got my first scan on Friday and I'm starting to feel quite nervous. Fingers crossed for a heartbeat. I really want to tell my parents as I've been struggling a bit with managing my 1 year old and would like to explain why!

This pregnancy is bringing up a lot of emotions for me as my daughter died when I was in the first trimester with my son, and there is the exact same gap between the pregnancies, so it's a bit full on at the moment.

#57 Pigling_

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:14 PM

Congratulations Moo and Beaches!
7+3 today and definitely symptomatic. Less nauseous than I was with my first pregnancy but far worse with the vomiting. It comes on randomly though which is weird.
Haven’t shared the news with family or friends yet but my boss now knows after I ran out of our office this morning mid conversation to vomit!

#58 Pigling_

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:18 PM

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time rowd and good luck with your scan on Friday x

#59 Gabbitz

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:29 PM

Oh rowd, big hugs. It sounds tough at the moment. I hope you get a beautiful heartbeat on Friday and reassurance that everything is going well.

Beaches- I suspect you’ll find that most docs keep you on your meds of all sorts until close to end of first trimester anyway. Prednisone may stop slightly earlier simply because you can’t just stop steroids or it stuffs up other body systems! As I said before, they’are starting me weaning off it sooner than is normally stated, but that’s because I wean so slowly. My clinic normally weans 5mg every 3 days.  However I’ve been on prednisone cycles enough times previously that I end up very unwell dropping that quickly.

BTW, i’ve Found that including a fibre capsule or two and a probiotic have helped a little bit with the prednisone bloat (or at least it did early on). I’m still bloated now and have the delightful ‘moonface’ look, but the fibre and probiotic seemed to have helped me feel a bit better.

Congratulations pigling getting to 7 weeks

#60 Moo88

Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:16 AM

Congrats Beaches. I can imagine your anxiety and hope that this baby is a sticky one.

Rowd, I also have my fingers crossed for you. What a tough time you have gone through. I hope you have lots of support at home. Please let us know how you go.

My hubby has been a rock. We are both so anxious with the process. My last pregnancy miscarried at 7.5 weeks and only showed as spotting so I'm so cautious about being optimistic. My doctor is getting me to repeat my hcg (even though it was good) on Saturday just to make sure things continue to travel along.

#61 bec2585

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:52 PM

Congratulations beaches! Sending you sticky vibes I got my hcg back today it’s 94 from Friday so she wants me to go back and have another to make sure it’s double from her dates it should be higher but for my dates it’s normal and I had a chat to my obs midwife and she is happy with the result but I think so peace of mind I’ll go get a second hcg done this afternoon and hopefully it’s doubling 🤞

#62 SunnySix

Posted 22 October 2019 - 03:01 PM

Rowd- I really hope you see the heartbeat on Friday and can tell your parents. I imagine the emotional support they could give you would be helpful, given everything you’ve been through. Thinking of you and fingers crossed x

#63 Moo88

Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:55 PM

Does anyone get cramps? I've been having mild ones for the past 3 days. Sometimes they are hard to notice while others are like mild period pain. I'm starting to get worried....

#64 Moo88

Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:57 PM

Does anyone get cramps? I've been having mild ones for the past 3 days. Sometimes they are hard to notice while others are like mild period pain. I'm starting to get worried....

#65 rowd

Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:23 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind words, I will definitely update tomorrow after my scan.

Moo, cramping is really normal. I haven't had it for the last week or so, but lots earlier. In my first pregnancy it went on for ages. Your uterus is doing a lot of stretching and growing.

#66 Gabbitz

Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:53 PM

I hope your scan goes well tomorrow rowd. Be thinking of you.

Moo, cramping is normal. That’s why is so frustrating because it feels ‘normal’. I still get a little bit now. Had heaps earlier on. Now the cramps though feel much more like muscle stretches because they’re shorter, sharper feeling.

Supposedly progesterone has something to do with the cramping. It can depend on how your body reacts to it and what levels your body generates.

#67 Pigling_

Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:57 PM

I had a bit of cramping early on around when my period would have been due. I now get that short sharp cramp occasionally when I get up suddenly and sometimes when I sneeze!

#68 Moo88

Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:58 PM

Thanks for the reassurance guys. It is good to know that I'm not the only one. I don't want to tell anyone else that I'm pregnant so and can't bounce any ideas with anyone else.

Good luck tomorrow rowd. I have positive vibes for you.

#69 rowd

Posted 25 October 2019 - 01:28 PM

Just popping in to say my scan today went well, we saw a lovely strong heartbeat and measuring very close to my dates. Official due date of 13th June :)

#70 Moo88

Posted 25 October 2019 - 05:49 PM

Congrats rowd. I'm so happy for you! That must have made your day :)

I'm a little worried on my end...I started having brown discharge last night. It's like spotting at the end of a period. I had spotting earlier on which stopped and after a couple of days it's back again. My doctors have called it a threatened miscarriage so had bloods today and seeing them tomorrow.

#71 Pigling_

Posted 25 October 2019 - 06:15 PM

Yay! That’s great news rowd.

Hope all is ok moo.

#72 rowd

Posted 25 October 2019 - 06:46 PM

Thanks Moo and Pigling!

I'm sorry to hear that Moo, I understand how extremely stressful any sort of bleeding is in pregnancy. I really hope everything is OK and you get some positive news when you see your doctor. Can you have an early scan?

#73 Gabbitz

Posted 25 October 2019 - 07:16 PM

Wow rowd. Glad that your scan went well. I hope that’s helped reassure you that everything’s on track.

Moo, I hope everything is ok and that they can let you know early tomorrow if everything is ok.

#74 bec2585

Posted 26 October 2019 - 08:16 AM

Congrats rowd so glad everything went well with your scan

Moo I hope everything is ok and I’m keeping everything crossed for u

#75 bec2585

Posted 26 October 2019 - 08:18 AM

I don’t have an appt till the 12th for my scan this wait is killing me but the nausea makes me feel better knowing so far everything must be ok. I had to redo my bloods because my gp said they didn’t match with her dates but they matched with mine so they went from hcg 94  to hcg 500 in 4days so really happy with that now just waiting for the scan to see my little peanut. Hope everyone is feeling well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.