Due in June 2020 chat #1

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:57 AM

Welcome to your own little section ladies and a HUGE congratulations.

:BFP: :BFP: :babyboy: :babygirl: :babyboy: :babygirl: :BFP: :BFP:  

Enjoy this wonderful journey and I wish you all a wonderful birth.

Please make sure you read this forums rules in particular Facebook, this group is a safe place and inclusive of anyone due in this month. Do not post about Facebook Groups

If you need any help just let me know.

#2 SunnySix

Posted 01 October 2019 - 03:45 PM

Thanks Sandra for opening the group.

As for me, going by my ovulation date. I’m only 3weeks+4days, due June 12th :)
Hopefully they’ll be others to join me in here soon :)

#3 StressBucket

Posted 01 October 2019 - 09:52 PM

According to my estimate I’ll be due June 7th! I have a May 20th 2018 baby, so hopefully this one doesn’t come too early!

Anxiously awaiting a dating scan to see everything is tracking along.

#4 Gabbitz

Posted 01 October 2019 - 10:10 PM

Hey ladies,
I’m not quite sure of my due date yet, I might just scrape into May, but I thought I’d follow along here too as it’s exciting to see you joining in!

Based on my transfer date, I’m 5w +2 with #2, so I think I’m due 31/5 or 1/6 ish.
However because my first was a premie bub (32 weeks), I already know I will be high risk and will be having a Caesar - just don’t know if they’ll book me early or what.

The Caesar is necessary because DS was born so early, supposedly the emergency Caesar to give birth to him had to cut on the line between the muscle and the fascia of the uterus, so high risk of uterus tearing if I go into labour naturally - oh joy!

However, I’m excited to have got to this point ‘cos we thought DS would be an only child.

I go back on Thursday for another blood test to ensure everything is going well - hcg of course and progesterone (supposedly progesterone is what will help get this bub to term, so i’ve Already been told I’ll be on it for the entire pregnancy).  Then assuming all is going well, I go for my first scan at 7 weeks. Can’t wait!

Already got food cravings and waking at 3am ish ever night starving! Anyone else? Bizarrely enough, they kicked in the night of my transfer and have just kept up since then. Sunday/Monday starting feeling slightly nauseous. Really hoping I don’t cop morning sickness- I didn’t with #1, so I was hoping I wouldn’t this time either, but that might not be happening.

All the best ladies.

#5 StressBucket

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:14 PM

I have been STARVING today! I forgot how much pregnant me eats. (Spoiler, it’s a lot!)

I have already been feeling quite sick, gagging at smells like the dishwasher and hot car. I got some pretty crappy morning sickness last time till about 30 weeks so looking forward to that again. 👎🏻

Gabbitz, good luck with your blood test! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

#6 rowd

Posted 02 October 2019 - 07:59 AM

Feels weird jumping in here when I'm not even 4 weeks yet! But nice to see everyone swapping over from the TTC board.

I think I'm 3+6 today. Have been POAS obsessively and have had good line progression until today where it didn't seem as much darker as I expected. So now I'm a little nervous. Will go see my GP maybe next week and get bloods.

Not many symptoms yet, just need to eat as soon as I get up and sore boobs. I'm still breastfeeding my second child so hoping my milk isn't affected too much.

Good luck for Thurs gabbitz!

#7 newme15

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:41 PM

Also jumping over, another positive test so I’m starting to get excited. I still have that worry in the back of my head though.
My other kids are a bit shell shocked as they are quite a bit older but all are very happy and excited.
I haven’t had much in the way of symptoms yet apart from feeling bloated all the time.
Hoping for an easy pregnancy that is stress free.
The tracker says I would be due June 10th, my youngest is June 8th but she is happy.
Good luck everyone

#8 Gabbitz

Posted 04 October 2019 - 08:53 PM

Hi Ladies,
I had my second blood test yesterday. Hcg for 5w5d was 3167. Really excited that # is nice and high (for my DS, the numbers were really low - first test 53, second test 152) so we were concerned from the beginning.  This time hcg is amazing in comparison.

Progesterone levels not so great. Despite being on three forms of progesterone (tablets, pessaries and injections, my progesterone was still only 57.  So unfortunately I can’t drop the injections back to every second day. Owiee. These injections are intramuscular and into the thighs, so I’m getting quite sore.

Anyway it’s nice to know the pregnancy is progressing as well as can be expected so far. Booked in for first scan next week at 6w5d.

#9 newme15

Posted 05 October 2019 - 10:29 AM

I’m having a pretty bad run already, the doctor believes I’m having a threatened miscarriage so I am on complete bed rest until I go back to her on Monday. I’m also on 48 hourly blood tests to make sure the hcg is going up.
I’m hoping I get to stay in this group.

#10 rowd

Posted 05 October 2019 - 11:31 AM

I'm really sorry to hear that newme. Bleeding doesn't always mean miscarriage, but I can understand how scary it is. I hope you manage to rest up this weekend and get some good news on Monday.

#11 Gabbitz

Posted 05 October 2019 - 12:06 PM

I’m sorry to hear that too newme15. I hope the bed rest is enough to sort out whatever is going on. It’s really scary - my pregnancy with my son was a threatened miscarriage and I needed up on bed rest to 14 weeks.

I would suggest lots of good books and videos that get you completely engrossed so you don’t worry! (As if that’s completely possible, but at least it’s a goal!)

I hope everything is fine over the weekend. If it gets to that point, my doc had me on Valium for stress relief and some other drug starting with K that I can’t remember at the moment. If you’re interested i’ll Try to find it. Not sure if they helped or if it was the bed rest, but we got through and gave birth to my son in Dec 2017.

I hope that’s your story come Monday too! Big hugs being sent your way!

#12 Gabbitz

Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:22 PM

I’m sorry to hear that too newme15. I hope the bed rest is enough to sort out whatever is going on. It’s really scary - my pregnancy with my son was a threatened miscarriage and I needed up on bed rest to 14 weeks.

I would suggest lots of good books and videos that get you completely engrossed so you don’t worry! (As if that’s completely possible, but at least it’s a goal!)

I hope everything is fine over the weekend. If it gets to that point, my doc had me on Valium for stress relief and cyclokapron to reduce bleeding. Don’t know if yours believes in using any of them!

I’ll be thinking of you over the weekend. Hope everything settles down with the bed rest and bub is still hanging on come Monday. Big hugs!

#13 newme15

Posted 06 October 2019 - 08:39 AM

Thanks rowd and gabbitz, the bleeding seems to have stopped so fingers crossed. It wasnt as heavy as a normal period either so I’m hoping that also is a good sign.
Part of me is trying to believe everything will be ok but part of me is preparing for the worst. I’m getting fed up with waiting as I know I’m probably over thinking everything. Plus hubby doesn’t really understand how I’m feeling which is frustrating. I can’t blame him though.
Tomorrow can’t come soon enough

#14 Pigling_

Posted 06 October 2019 - 07:57 PM

Hi all,
Hope you don’t mind me joining in as I haven’t been on the TTC forums. Congratulations to you all on your pregnancies. Sorry to hear you have been having trouble newme and good luck tomorrow.

I’m 5+2 with EDD 5/6/20 based on LMP which also happens to be hubby’s birthday! We have a lovely daughter who just turned 2 and have been TTC for number 2 for a few months. I had an early miscarriage at 6 weeks in late July so I’m trying not to get too excited about this one just yet. Am yet to make a GP appointment and I don’t think I’ll go for a dating scan unless recommended otherwise since I know my dates. We will see.

No symptoms yet but didn’t get any until after 6 weeks with DD so not concerned about that.

All the best for an uneventful 9 months ahead!

#15 rowd

Posted 07 October 2019 - 06:32 AM

Welcome pigling, and congratulations! Early pregnancy is such an anxious time, isn't it?

How are you going today newme?

I am currently sitting at the lab waiting for my first blood draw. My lovely GP gave me a repeat form so I can go in for a repeat draw for reassurance if I feel like I need it in 48 and 96 hours.

#16 SunnySix

Posted 07 October 2019 - 07:56 AM

Fingers crossed for you newme.
Rowd, with my last bub, they gave me the repeat hcg tests and it made me really reassured.
This time, I went to the dr on Friday and explained I was pregnant and all she did was hand me a urine sample jar and then tested herself with an old school, not very sensitive pregnancy test. It has literally been 5 seconds and she was like hmmm “well I’m not seeing anything”.
I was only exactly 4 weeks. It ended up showing up.
She then sent me on my way and wouldn’t do anything else. Oh but not before telling me 2.5 year old she was going to be a big sister! Biggest waste of time.
So on Sunday, I did a digital test, that shows the weeks, it was showing 1-2 weeks (3-4weeks really) now it’s changed to 2-3 weeks (4-5 weeks really).
I’ll do another one in a week and hopefully it says 3+ weeks by then.
I could go to another gp but I can’t be bothered. If I have any concerns, I’ll go. In the meantime, I’ll just try and be patient haha

#17 rowd

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:57 AM

Sunnysix that is really poor form from your GP! How frustrating that they weren't more thorough. Especially when you've got your toddler with you and it's not easy to go back for another appointment.

I was really impressed with mine, he did a full health check on me, urine test to make certain I didn't have any infections and gave me a scan referral and blood forms. This is my third baby and I have never had such a thorough first visit.

#18 newme15

Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:17 PM

Thx everyone unfortunately I am out. Thankyou for all of your support.
Good luck on your journeys and hopefully we will get another chance soon

#19 Gabbitz

Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:21 PM

Sunnysix, that was pretty poor on behalf of your GP. It’s interesting to see the difference between an IVF cycle and a natural pregnancy (although I’ve certainly heard of much better response from GP’s for a natural cycle too!)

As an IVF pregnancy, I’ve already had two blood tests and will have my first scan on Thursday. Pretty excited to maybe see bub for the first time, although I know we may not really see much yet. With #1 I think they showed the hematoma that formed about 6 weeks ish better than the ‘blob’ that was DS.

Sunnysix I hope you get some better help as you get further through your pregnancy.

Rowd, hope your results come back and give you some reassurance!

Oh newme15, so sorry to hear that.

#20 Pigling_

Posted 07 October 2019 - 07:24 PM

Sorry to hear that newme15 x

#21 StressBucket

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:33 PM

Sunnysix that is so rubbish. I had a sh*t first GP appointment first time round too, it’s such a crappy anticlimax for something that should be exciting. Such a pain to just go back with a toddler too! Hopefully you can find someone better next time!

Sorry to hear newme15.

#22 rowd

Posted 08 October 2019 - 04:46 AM

I'm really sorry to hear that newme. Take care of yourself.

For those who have had hcg tested in the past - I'm trying to work out if I should go for a repeat test or not. My level at 18dpo was 1900, and I understand that after it reaches 1200, the doubling time is slower. I don't want to stress myself out if the number isn't that much higher so wondering if I should just not go back. Has anyone had tests past 1200 before?

#23 Gabbitz

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:08 AM

Hi Rowd,
I was under the impression that hcg continues to double every 2-3 days for most of the first trimester as the placenta is establishing itself. I think you’re right that it does slow down at some point, but it shouldn’t be yet.

You’re 5 weeks ish now? I had a test last week at 5w4d (can’t say dpo as I’m ivf!) and I got 3167. However I know that during my last pregnancy I was tested for hcg levels at 6 and 8w because we had a threatened miscarriage. The hcg levels were our first sign that everything was still progressing because they’d continued to rise.

So I’d think if you want the reassurance of more testing there shouldn’t be an issue - as long as you don’t mind more needles!

But Remember, every pregnancy is different too. As long as the numbers are going up, it’s a good thing. To start with at about 5w (which I think is where you are) 1900 is a great indication that bub is growing well. At the equivalent point for my dear son, we had 152 last time (they suspected My progesterone being low caused him to be slow implanting, so we had drama all the way along with him!).

Hope that helps

#24 rowd

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:39 AM

Thanks gabbitz! After having a very difficult and highly medicalised pregnancy with my first, and then a very straightforward second, I sway between "ignorance is bliss" and "I want to know everything" haha.

That's amazing the extreme difference in levels at 5 weeks with your first and 5+4 this time around! I had hcg levels done around 4 and 4+1 with my first two, and they were both in the low hundreds.  This time I think I'm 4+4, so I guess with doubling times it is probably fairly similar. I think I'll go back in 2 more days, so there's a 72 hr gap between tests.

Good luck for Thurs! The first scan for the group :)

#25 Fruittingle

Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:08 PM

Hi, am joining in dig June guys going by calculations and doing the due in calculations on the net shows I’m 6 weeks today. Just made dr appt for next wk. Look forward to the exciting ride ahead with you all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.