Am I the only one who...

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#26 laridae

Posted 26 September 2019 - 06:54 AM

I don't wear maternity ones as I the clips are annoying and unnecessary any more, but I do wear wire free ones. Target have ones that are really great.

#27 PaperCats

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:28 AM

God no, I hated maternity bras, they seemed like they had so much excess material. When I was feeding I preferred feeding crops or sport bras, but now I need the shape and definition given by a proper bra, with underwire.

#28 Lou-bags

Posted 26 September 2019 - 05:52 PM

I wore mine (maternity bras with underwire) until about 6mo after my youngest weaned. I only wore the crop top style for the first 1-2mo each time. I don’t like no underwire.

I’d gone straight from pregnancy to BF to pregnancy to BF with no gaps, so kept wearing them until I had a rough idea of my stable post weaning breast size.

I went up from a B/C to a DD for first year post birth, D for second year until weaning. I’m about a C now (12mo since weaning).

#29 rosie28

Posted 26 September 2019 - 06:35 PM

I have some wire free bras, but only wear maternity bras while actually breastfeeding. I don’t like the clips and there are so many lovely wire free options you don’t need to stick to maternity!

#30 *Nasty*Squeekums*

Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:05 PM

I never even owned one.
Didn't see the point in buying them when dd was a baby, my regular bras fit fine.

#31 Lunafreya

Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:14 PM

The ones I like don’t have clips. They’re cross overs.
These ones
https://www.target.c...t55152/59961499

#32 WannabeMasterchef

Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:24 PM

Im breastfeeding, I wear my gym wear bra tops.  Didn't see any need to get specific maternity bras as these do the job.

#33 400

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:39 PM

DH teases me about having worn maternity bras and clothes since I was pregnant with DS.

I think it’s wholly not worthy of teasing since
A) DS is only 15 months old
B) I am still BF
C) I am pregnant

He teases me less now that I am considerably pregnant enough to justify needing the full gamut of maternity wear. However the teasing is mostly focused on how I will probably wear maternity gear for the rest of my life.

He’s not wrong, it’s so bloody comfy. Underwire is the devils scaffolding!

#34 Lou-bags

Posted 26 September 2019 - 10:30 PM

View Post*Nasty*Squeekums*, on 26 September 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

I never even owned one.
Didn't see the point in buying them when dd was a baby, my regular bras fit fine.

They’re not for fit though, they’re for access to the boob? I’m confused...

#35 Paddlepop

Posted 26 September 2019 - 10:43 PM

View PostLou-bags, on 26 September 2019 - 10:30 PM, said:

If your bras still fit, and you're not BFing, no need to get new bras. Squeeks didn't BF. No need for access to the boob.

#36 sahmie

Posted 27 September 2019 - 01:41 AM

My oldest is 9 years old, so that’s how long I’ve been wearing maternity bras for. I am currently bfing my 21mo, but won’t go back to wire when she’s done. They’re too uncomfortable to wear now.

#37 ~J_F~

Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:45 AM

Nope. I didn’t wear them when pregnant or BF, so don’t plan to start now.

I do have some crop tops but no way am I buying maternity bras!!

#38 *Nasty*Squeekums*

Posted 27 September 2019 - 09:53 AM

View PostLou-bags, on 26 September 2019 - 10:30 PM, said:

No BF here, no need for access. I FF from day 2
It would have been a total waste of money for me

#39 Holidayromp

Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:00 AM

I have weaned my youngest but I still have and will wear my maternity bras and will buy more when they wear out. The are the most comfy bras out.  Plus with it being recognised that breastfeeding doesn’t necessary mean frump is the designs and colours vary so it means I can still wear maternity bras but can find ones I like.

#40 PrincessPeach

Posted 27 September 2019 - 09:51 PM

No, but only because they are 2 cup sizes too big for me.

Majority of mine are wire free though.

#41 eachschoolholidays

Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:10 PM

I could wait to get out of mine

#42 Lou-bags

Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:39 PM

View Post*Nasty*Squeekums*, on 27 September 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

No BF here, no need for access. I FF from day 2
It would have been a total waste of money for me

I read your first post half asleep waiting for by kids to crash out and clearly puzzled myself. I had in my head that you were somehow meaning some people buy them because of changes in their breast size etc in pregnancy and after. Don’t mind me...

#43 Lallalla

Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:48 PM

View PostLunafreya, on 26 September 2019 - 07:14 PM, said:

The ones I like don’t have clips. They’re cross overs.
These ones
https://www.target.c...t55152/59961499

This specific one is the only one(s) I still have floating around. I went up 2 cup sizes while feeding and then deflated, plus a lot saggier. So went back to underwrites, but I still have these ones as they somehow still fit?? I wear them when I stay home sick for the day or may see someone I don’t know we’ll while wearing my PJs (like in law aunts etc) - I honestly never got the sleeping bra thing until I went from a B to D/DD while feeding - it just isn’t necessary when your at the less well endowed end of the field

#44 *Nasty*Squeekums*

Posted 28 September 2019 - 03:32 PM

View PostLou-bags, on 27 September 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

I read your first post half asleep waiting for by kids to crash out and clearly puzzled myself. I had in my head that you were somehow meaning some people buy them because of changes in their breast size etc in pregnancy and after. Don’t mind me...

A friend of mine actually swears they more comfy and wore therm till her kid was almost 4 and the last one fell apart
According to her they sat better now her boobs had changed shape from pregnancy and BF
I dunno, i never got it lol

#45 Chchgirl

Posted 28 September 2019 - 04:05 PM

Not anymore though, my kids are adults, I like my nice stuff now!

#46 Lou-bags

Posted 28 September 2019 - 05:01 PM

View Post*Nasty*Squeekums*, on 28 September 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

A friend of mine actually swears they more comfy and wore therm till her kid was almost 4 and the last one fell apart
According to her they sat better now her boobs had changed shape from pregnancy and BF
I dunno, i never got it lol

I have to admit mine were very comfortable too, more than my normal bras. But I’d say that was more due to the fact that I shelled out $60 each for good ones from a bra shop vs the $20 or less I would typically spend at target for regular bras 😂

Planning to treat myself to some new bras once I’ve lost a little weight and I’m sure my boob size has stabilized.

#47 Soontobegran

Posted 28 September 2019 - 05:29 PM

I threw mine out when I moved home last November, my son is 30, I breast fed him until he was 4 so they'd been there for just a few years but I did wear them for another few months after we weaned. :)

All these people able to buy a maternity bra from Target or Kmart make me jealous. Those cross over bras would have done not a thing to wrangle my FF's.
I could never have worn a 'normal' bra for breast feeding.

#48 Mollycoddle

Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:21 AM

View PostMollycoddle, on 25 September 2019 - 06:52 PM, said:

You're one of the lucky ones. I'm about a H, have tried wireless but they don't seem to lift or separate them and it's like I'm just wearing a crop top. They just flop down onto my upper belly.

I rescind this as of last week. I've now gone to wireless. I'm forgoing support for comfort for now. The chafing and straps cutting into shoulders was getting too much and I was starting to get small, very painful pustules in the underarm area right where the bra edge rubs which I assume were irritated/infected/blocked hair follicles.

#49 Ellie bean

Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:26 AM

View PostLou-bags, on 28 September 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

I have to admit mine were very comfortable too, more than my normal bras. But I’d say that was more due to the fact that I shelled out $60 each for good ones from a bra shop vs the $20 or less I would typically spend at target for regular bras

Planning to treat myself to some new bras once I’ve lost a little weight and I’m sure my boob size has stabilized.
Loubags you can get really good bras at Myer for $45 or less when they have regular 40% off sales. I got fitted properly when da was about 1, worked out which brand suits me and now when they wear out I just wait for a sale and order a few online (as an F I don’t even try and bother with target or Kmart bras)

#50 Lou-bags

Posted 13 October 2019 - 10:14 AM

View PostEllie bean, on 13 October 2019 - 09:26 AM, said:

Loubags you can get really good bras at Myer for $45 or less when they have regular 40% off sales. I got fitted properly when da was about 1, worked out which brand suits me and now when they wear out I just wait for a sale and order a few online (as an F I don’t even try and bother with target or Kmart bras)

Awesome tip, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.