Am I the only one who...

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Lunafreya

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:13 AM

...still wears maternity bras?

I hope I’m not, I just find them so comfy. Hate underwire poking me. When I bought my first one when I was pregnant with DS, I was like “Where have you been all my life?”

I even bought two new sports ones from target and they’re perfect for sword fighting in as I have a breast plate that goes under my bra.

Anyone else?

#2 Apageintime

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:16 AM

My son is 4... hasn't BF in over a year.

Still wearing those maternity bras. They were expensive! And they're comfy. I'm not giving then up

#3 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:43 AM

I cannot find one that fits properly (small boobs are less well catered for) and I’m trying to wean my last child - I can’t wait to permanently get rid of these bras.

#4 Renovators delight

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:45 AM

I wear bras with no underwire. I have a fancy event coming up for which I might require some better scaffolding, but I would rather be comfortable 90% of the time. My bras are size GG I think, from a speciality bra shop.

#5 Oriental lily

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:47 AM

I still have one floating around that I wear if my others are in the wash .

#6 Cherubs

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:56 AM

My kids are all teenagers now, but I wore mine til they were almost rags, now I wear super stretchy yet firm crop tops unless I am going out and want to pretend I care lol.

#7 Chchgirl

Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:45 AM

Not now as my youngest is 18, but funny you mention it as I did wear them for a couple of years after, they were fantastic and so Comfortable!

#8 Lunafreya

Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:49 AM

I’ve encouraged the other swordfighting ladies to check out the maternity bras and we agree it’s best one for fighting.

#9 Chchgirl

Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:08 AM

They literally are the best thing ever!

#10 Ellie bean

Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:26 AM

Nope don’t like them, much prefer an underwire for support.
I do like wireless bras for sleeping

#11 Gonzy

Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:53 AM

I still do too and my youngest stopped b/feeding 4 months ago.  Mine are predominately sports maternity bras though so fabulous for exercise and comfort.

I sadly have teeny, tiny shrivelled-fried-egg boobs now days so anything crop-top/sports bar is all I really need :(

#12 Lunafreya

Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:55 AM

My boobs went up a cup size for breastfeeding and stayed big after.

I had to get rid of a lot of blouses and jackets

Oh, and here’s me sword fighting if you want to see. I am the one in purple with a silver helmet who moves to the far right and has a two-handed sword.

https://youtu.be/YTFXRVbVrio

Only girl fighting with the boys.

Edited by Lunafreya, 25 September 2019 - 10:57 AM.

#13 CallMeFeral

Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:01 PM

I did for ages as they were so much nicer. Finally found a sports one at kmart that are almost as comfy (though they do have underwire) and now that's all I wear. I did go for a while cutting the underwire out of the sports ones but they got too squishy.

#14 Mollycoddle

Posted 25 September 2019 - 06:52 PM

View PostRenovators delight, on 25 September 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

I wear bras with no underwire. I have a fancy event coming up for which I might require some better scaffolding, but I would rather be comfortable 90% of the time. My bras are size GG I think, from a speciality bra shop.

You're one of the lucky ones. I'm about a H, have tried wireless but they don't seem to lift or separate them and it's like I'm just wearing a crop top. They just flop down onto my upper belly.

Edited by Mollycoddle, 25 September 2019 - 06:53 PM.

#15 BadCat

Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:03 PM

I wear a crop top. I don't give a sh*t if my boobs look saggy as long as they don't wobble so much that everyone stares.

#16 Chchgirl

Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:15 PM

View PostLunafreya, on 25 September 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

My boobs went up a cup size for breastfeeding and stayed big after.

I had to get rid of a lot of blouses and jackets

Oh, and here’s me sword fighting if you want to see. I am the one in purple with a silver helmet who moves to the far right and has a two-handed sword.

https://youtu.be/YTFXRVbVrio

Only girl fighting with the boys.

Good you! I have a hard enough time walking without falling over my own feet and here you are sword fighting.  In armour!

#17 maryanneK

Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:21 PM

I wish I could still wear my maternity bras! Since I stopped being pregnant and breastfeeding my boobs have just shriveled away. The whole bit from nipple to bra strap is now totally empty in my maternity bra (or any other bra for that matter). It's very sad to have little ski jump boobs now. They were great when I was pregnant/breastfeeding.
I actually find underwire more comfortable now. It's sort of hitches them up, it's more comfortable than having them flop down on my chest.

#18 nom_de_plume

Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:32 PM

I don’t like them. I’m a B (for barely there) cup and I prefer a good padded t-shirt bra. Underwire all the way for me.

#19 MakesMeHappy

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:20 PM

I’m still breastfeeding and don’t wear breastfeeding bras! I only have cheap Kmart ones and my boobs just fall out all the time, so I changed back to wire a couple of months ago. I only put on the maternity bras when I have mastitis... but I do take my wire bra off as soon as I walk in the door!

#20 blueskies12

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:28 PM

I barely breast fed, but I have loved them ever since! I always thought I was the only one...I cannot wear ones with underwire now.

Edited by blueskies12, 25 September 2019 - 08:30 PM.

#21 Jane Jetson

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:35 PM

Nope, I was that weird person who kept wearing underwire bras while pregnant and breastfeeding.

The boobs flollop around all over the place if I don't, which would be fine if they weren't big enough for that to be quite uncomfortable. I love my underwires.

#22 Ellie bean

Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:41 PM

View PostMollycoddle, on 25 September 2019 - 06:52 PM, said:

You're one of the lucky ones. I'm about a H, have tried wireless but they don't seem to lift or separate them and it's like I'm just wearing a crop top. They just flop down onto my upper belly.
Yeah I’m an F and wire free just gives me one delightful uniboob ;)

Edited by Ellie bean, 25 September 2019 - 09:41 PM.

#23 Chchgirl

Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:56 PM

I love my underwire now. I go tshirt bras, sports bra and crop for my walking and I do have some nice ones for when I go out. .

#24 Mumma bug

Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:58 PM

I wore them until my boobs shrank and I had to get something suitable to wear in public when I went back to work.

But my maternity undies are still going strong, 6.5 years after I bought them.

#25 kimasa

Posted 26 September 2019 - 06:23 AM

I only wear wire free, but I've never bought a maternity bra.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.