'Women lie' says Hanson, deputy chair family law enquiry

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#51 Lunafreya

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:56 AM

Yep, mens rights indeed when it is the children that matter.

#52 71Cath

Posted 19 September 2019 - 11:17 AM

I don't know whether to scream or sob.  Probably both.

Shame on every single person in this country who voted for One Nation.  Shame on you.

#53 Jane Jinglebells

Posted 19 September 2019 - 11:53 AM

I wonder if there's a decent drilled-down analysis of the male suicide figures that Hanson has been quoting. If so I suspect it would not reflect that it's happening because evil women are screwing over Nice White Good Blokes in the family court.

I mean, you'd need to control for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men who have lost their lives to suicide. Gay men. Trans men. Men with substance abuse disorders. I wonder how much the MRAs and Hanson care about them.

Not much, I'd suspect. About as much as they care about the fact that women *attempt* suicide more than men do.

#54 Sugarplum Poobah

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:09 PM

View PostLucrezia Borgia, on 19 September 2019 - 07:41 AM, said:

grubby politics....Hanson got the LNP over the line in some seats maybe...in any event she will invariably vote with them, this is her little reward - “thanks for playing” - women and kids are just pawns ....Morrison doesn’t care...nor does kevin andrews for that matter....they both think divorce is a sin, one invariably committed by women ...

It was a rhetorical question :;):

#55 Amica

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:41 PM

My friend goes back to family court in a few months, and she is not telling them about the hundreds of DV breaches and the abuse she gets at drop off and pick up EVERY SINGLE TIME, because the judge has berratted her for it in the past. She has such massive anxiety over it, and she is too scared to see a psych because she did in the past and he had her psych notes subpoenaed and used her anxiety, CAUSED BY DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, against her in court to say she was unfit!! She will not get mental health treatment now.

My friend is at such great risk of being another dead woman on the news. I've told my husband many times it is only a matter of time before he kills her. Not even her mother is allowed to be in the car at their change over meet point, which he dictates and changes at whim. He is a mongrel and he'll be loving this.

i feel so distressed today.

#56 IamtheMumma

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:51 PM

View PostJane Jetson, on 19 September 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

I wonder if there's a decent drilled-down analysis of the male suicide figures that Hanson has been quoting. If so I suspect it would not reflect that it's happening because evil women are screwing over Nice White Good Blokes in the family court.

I mean, you'd need to control for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men who have lost their lives to suicide. Gay men. Trans men. Men with substance abuse disorders. I wonder how much the MRAs and Hanson care about them.

Not much, I'd suspect. About as much as they care about the fact that women *attempt* suicide more than men do.

That would require the ability to think critically and that isn't in her skill set. Like most people who lack intelligence, she cherry picks the data that supports her views. So the 3 men a day is from the ABS data for men aged 19-45 (I think, could be 54). Anyway, that must mean that all those men are fathers and they're all in court fight battles.

The truth is very different but that doesn't sound as good as lies.

You'd think if she was so concerned with men feeling their only option was suicide, then she'd be a massive MH advocate. Pump more money into improving those health services so that children aren't growing up with the knowledge their father killed himself...oooo hang on, its about the men, not the kids. I forgot for a minute.

Edited by IamtheMumma, 19 September 2019 - 12:52 PM.

#57 Kallie88

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:52 PM

#menliewomendie

#58 Ruf~Feral~es

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:53 PM

because the judge has berratted her for it in the past.

I'm generalising here, but it does continue to amaze me that so many men are hard-done-by in a court system where the laws are made by middle aged white men, and decisions are made by middle aged white judges.  

Yes, the women who are fighting against a patriarchal system that still sees both them and their children as property of the men apparently have so much power that these poor men have no option but to take their own lives.    Lets ignore those that take the lives of the women and children.  that's not their fault, it's the system thats set up against them.

What a good thing they've got Pauline to stand up for them, poor guys.

#59 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:03 PM

The more I read about this enquiry the more appalled I am becoming. OMG, the entire thing is a witch hunt to find these mythical lying women who are ruining men’s lives.

God I hope they find the exact opposite and it all blows up in their faces. But even so, the whole thing is an insult and a waste of time and money.

I disliked the current government, but now I hate them.

#60 Amica

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:08 PM

Hanson has used parliamentary privilege where she cannot be sued for deformation, to accuse her son's ex of false sexual abuse claims.

https://thenewdaily....l-abuse-claims/

#61 Amica

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:11 PM

I should have said "false" sexual abuse claims.

#62 Ruf~Feral~es

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:27 PM

She really is a reprehensible human being, isn't she?

So - if it doesn't have the support of Labor, Greens and cross-bench (hopefully), will it actually go ahead?

#63 Lucrezia Bauble

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:30 PM

View PostRuf~Feral~es, on 19 September 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

She really is a reprehensible human being, isn't she?

So - if it doesn't have the support of Labor, Greens and cross-bench (hopefully), will it actually go ahead?

i was reading David Crowe - smh - he seemed to think the other parties didn’t have the numbers to stop it? i don’t know...he said it was hugely problematic to do this without bipartisan support ...it will prove to be horribly divisive. she doesn’t care, obvs.

#64 MerryMadrigalMadge

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:34 PM

It's already passed - the Centre Alliance voted with the government.

Apart from everything else, what the terms of reference!!

#65 Gumbette

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:36 PM

View PostIamtheMumma, on 18 September 2019 - 07:29 PM, said:

She's probably been given it so she shuts up.

Except she's not unfortunately.

#66 Ruf~Feral~es

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:39 PM

View PostMarigoldMadge, on 19 September 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

It's already passed - the Centre Alliance voted with the government.

Apart from everything else, what the terms of reference!!

Damn.  

I'm not sure a Terms of Reference will make any difference anyway....... What could they possibly write into it that will make this ok - other than "implement the recommendations of the recent and more reputable inquiry".

#67 Amica

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:43 PM

How does thiswork? You make a submission, is that right? I cannot imagine victims of DV putting themselves before, and having to answer to Andrews and Hanson, and of course, the dead can't speak.

Meanwhile MRAs and perpatrators of DV will be lining up out the door to have their say.

#68 Etta

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:50 PM

View PostIamtheMumma, on 19 September 2019 - 08:35 AM, said:

She says women are vindictive and liars...just your reflection Pauline.

Twinkle twinkle little star...what you say is what you are.

#69 bakesgirls

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:31 PM

I've had to stop reading the comments on news articles about it and facebook  posts.

I just can't wrap my head around how there's so many women agreeing that women are lying about DV etc. because *their* partner/spouse's ex 'lies' about him and it so he can't have what he wants when he wants with his kids. Or someone knows someone who knows someone who has a bloke in their lives who is hard done by.

FFS, it's not like these men are going to say in court or to the police 'The jig's up, you caught me. I admit to everything she said I did to her'. Men lie to maintain control.  

Then there's all the men commenting that their ex took everything from them and dog forbid they have to pay child support, and not have their kids full time or whenever the whim strikes them and all women are bad. And on top of that the blaming of women for men suiciding. Or men kill their kids as revenge because they were a 'good bloke' pushed too far. Here's an idea, maybe they were kept from their kids because they were a danger to them, but again, lets make it the woman's fault. Newsflash- good blokes don't kill their kids to exact revenge on their ex, or kill their spouse, or kill their whole family then kill themselves. Good men don't do sh*t like that. Abusive, controlling men do horrendous things like that. Not good men.

How on earth can so many people be happy to ignore all the evidence that points to men getting favoured in family court? That women and children are suffering because of this favouritism. That abuse continues to be perpetrated because these men are given the benefit of the doubt, whilst the women are painted as liars. Woman are told to shut about the abuse they have suffered, and to not say anything about abuse of their children, lest the courts assume they are brainwashing the kids and send them to live with their father the abuser.

I ****ing hate people.

Edited by bakesgirls, 19 September 2019 - 03:00 PM.

#70 Hollycoddle

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:34 PM

View PostIamtheMumma, on 19 September 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

You'd think if she was so concerned with men feeling their only option was suicide, then she'd be a massive MH advocate. Pump more money into improving those health services so that children aren't growing up with the knowledge their father killed himself...oooo hang on, its about the men, not the kids. I forgot for a minute.

But it's not the men's fault, remember?  It's the women causing the suicides.  If we fix that up and stop them from lying then there won't be any suicides.

Edited by Mollycoddle, 19 September 2019 - 02:41 PM.

#71 Squeekums The Elf

Posted 19 September 2019 - 06:59 PM

So Pauline thinks women lie? She should know.
Pauline Hanson is the poster girl for lies and bullsh*t

#72 PrincessPeach

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:13 PM

what a massive waste of resources to investigate something that happens in such a small, or should i say miniscule amount of cases.

#73 Amica

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:16 PM

They will find those cases though if it's the last thing they do. This is a witch hunt.

#74 Pearson

Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:25 PM

View PostBam1, on 19 September 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

Statistics show (going by various experts on tv) that in  custodial cases the majority of the lies are told by males.

I think it is important to not fall into to the same trap on this subject that is used to justify male violence - woman can be violent too - so why are we picking on the poor menz.

I am not just referring to DV cases wife v husband.
Lunafreya said she has had lies told about her by her ex.
There are cases where women have been found to be lying about incidents (which I think is a terrible thing to do this as it undermines the truth for so many victims).
I have had lies told about me, by both women and men.

#75 Meepy

Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:49 PM

https://www.theguard...-the-core-of-it Have a read of this for a sad story.
Also Raf Epstein interviewed the attorney general on abc Melb this arvo and it came out that the figures Pauline is using for suicide are based on a conversation Steve Fielding (ex one nation) had with an ambo.  Must be true then!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.