Posted 18 September 2019 - 08:36 PM

So the oldest son was caught up in a brothel scan in the early 2000's

https://amp.smh.com....705-gdffes.html

#27 Lucrezia Borgia

...jail for electoral fraud...

#28 ~J_F~

Why can’t this moron be struck by lightning or a fatal heart attack or eaten by crocs or mauled by dingoes or anything really, so we don’t have to listen to her anymore!!

#29 doubting thomas

Posted 18 September 2019 - 08:37 PM

It is so depressing that sludge like Pauline have had more influence on Australia than me, or anyone I know. I need to smack myself upside the head for not getting into politics. If she can make it anyone can.

#30 Ellie bean

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:17 PM

Love the betoota’s take on it

https://www.betootaa...aking-stuff-up/

She is just so appalling :(

#31 Ozquoll

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:24 PM

~LemonMyrtle~, on 18 September 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

I’m guessing the government didn’t get the answers they were after the first time, so they are trying again.
And putting Australian politics' most useful idiot in charge of it 🤦. More confirmation that Scummo is every bit John Howards equal in the cynical politicking stakes. Let us hope some Labor politician with guts and stamina knifes Albo soon so that we aren't condemned to two or three more electoral cycles of Smirkin' Scummo running the joint.

Edited by Ozquoll, 18 September 2019 - 09:29 PM.

#32 SkeptiHandsOnMum

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:36 PM

~J_F~, on 18 September 2019 - 08:36 PM, said:

Why can’t this moron be struck by lightning or a fatal heart attack or eaten by crocs or mauled by dingoes or anything really, so we don’t have to listen to her anymore!!
What did the crocs ever do to you? Why do they deserve that kind of indigestion?

#33 Mollycoddle

Posted 18 September 2019 - 10:13 PM

BadCat, on 18 September 2019 - 07:29 PM, said:

Whose bright idea was it to put a misogynist woman in charge of such a thing?

That was a rhetorical question.

She says she's qualified to run it as she's had personal experience with her son and other family members. All the more reason for her NOT to be involved as she doesn't have the best track record for objectivity, does she?

#34 IShallWearMidnight

Posted 18 September 2019 - 10:44 PM

MarigoldMadge, on 18 September 2019 - 07:59 PM, said:

Imagine being Pauline's daughter-in-law... :omg:

Far out, can you imagine the MIL vents!?
My fils new partner doesn't seem that bad now.

#35 Ellie bean

Posted 18 September 2019 - 10:46 PM

Omg yes,”Pauline Hanson is my MIL” would win every thread ever hands down!

Edited by Ellie bean, 18 September 2019 - 10:47 PM.

#36 Pearson

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:05 AM

I think there is lying no matter what your gender is, or the subject, as long as it suits your agenda.
I am not saying all people lie, just that there are people who will. And no matter what side of the coin you are on, if the lies are about you, they can destroy your life.

#37 Nasty Poobah

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:29 AM

I can understand why she thinks women lie.

After all,  she does it all the time.

Seriously though, what the actual were they thinking?!

#38 gracie1978

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:34 AM

So youngest son Adam Hanson lost his visitation rights in 2016 for breaching a domestic violence order, he pleaded guilty in a Cairns court.

Sounds like a real peach.

Edited by gracie1978, 19 September 2019 - 07:37 AM.

#39 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:41 AM

Nasty Poobah, on 19 September 2019 - 07:29 AM, said:

grubby politics....Hanson got the LNP over the line in some seats maybe...in any event she will invariably vote with them, this is her little reward - “thanks for playing” - women and kids are just pawns ....Morrison doesn’t care...nor does kevin andrews for that matter....they both think divorce is a sin, one invariably committed by women ...

#40 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:46 AM

Lucrezia Borgia, on 19 September 2019 - 07:41 AM, said:

grubby politics....Hanson got the LNP over the line in some seats maybe...in any event she will invariably vote with them, this is her little reward - “thanks for playing” - women and kids are just pawns ....Morrison doesn’t care...nor does kevin andrews for that matter....they both think divorce is a sin, one invariably committed by women ...
By women who won’t submit to the mans headship.

#41 AliasMater

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:56 AM

This was Scott Morrison's call.

The people voted for him so I blame them. Gee I hold a lot of disdain for LNP voters. I actually hate them. When I learn of a friend or family member voted ON or LNP, I judge... and I think less of them. Can't help it. This is the Australia they have forced upon the rest of us.

Putting Hanson is charge of this inquiry is genius on Morrison's part. She thinks exactly like he does, but the sh*t stain will be worn by ON, not his own party.

ETA: AND not doubt, he would have scored himself some One Nation votes on some dog awful legislation by handing her this appointment on a platter.

Edited by AliasMater, 19 September 2019 - 08:02 AM.

#42 Bam1

Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:03 AM

Pearson, on 19 September 2019 - 07:05 AM, said:

I think there is lying no matter what your gender is, or the subject, as long as it suits your agenda.
I am not saying all people lie, just that there are people who will. And no matter what side of the coin you are on, if the lies are about you, they can destroy your life.

Statistics show (going by various experts on tv) that in  custodial cases the majority of the lies are told by males.

I think it is important to not fall into to the same trap on this subject that is used to justify male violence - woman can be violent too - so why are we picking on the poor menz.

#43 gracie1978

Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:03 AM

Liu who?

#44 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:15 AM

Accurate.

Now I know the context of quote I read the other day where she linked high male suicide rates with the family court. Makes me IRATE when people do this. It is such a cop out and once again places all the blame and responsibility on women and children with no accountability for men. It also gives men zero assistance in actually helping their mental health and trivialises the larger problem at hand for men.

#45 IamtheMumma

Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:35 AM

She says women are vindictive and liars...just your reflection Pauline.

#46 Jane Jetson

Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:48 AM

I just hope the former daughter-in-law will be okay. She is probably very worried about being doxxed and is likely shutting down all her social media against the moment when the MRAs figure out who she is and start with the threats.

If anything happens to her - and that could just be having a tough time dealing with that stress - or to other women as a result of the likely findings of the inquiry, Pauline will have blood on her hands.

Edited to add this, for all the good it will probably do:

https://www.change.o...-pauline-hanson

Edited by Jane Jetson, 19 September 2019 - 10:02 AM.

#47 Mollycoddle

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:21 AM

cinnamonnutmeg, on 19 September 2019 - 08:15 AM, said:

Accurate.

Now I know the context of quote I read the other day where she linked high male suicide rates with the family court. Makes me IRATE when people do this. It is such a cop out and once again places all the blame and responsibility on women and children with no accountability for men. It also gives men zero assistance in actually helping their mental health and trivialises the larger problem at hand for men.

100%.  My take on it is that the link between suicide, DV and the Family Court is that aspects of toxic masculinity in our society (ie. reluctance for men to ask for help, having to put on a macho image, hard drinking culture) are factors in men's violent behaviour which will take the issues to the criminal and family courts and when things don't go his way all of that toxic masculinity comes back into play and we get a suicide.  DV and suicide are two sides to the same coin which is toxic masculinity.

I know it's frowned upon to say 'man up' but I think it's warranted in meaning MEN (as it's a men's issue which they need to fix) need to take responsibility for fighting against and overcoming that toxic masculinity (which I realise is a bit of a buzzword at the moment but most in EB land would know what I'm talking about when I use it, so it serves a purpose here).

Edited by Mollycoddle, 19 September 2019 - 10:43 AM.

#48 Lunafreya

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:39 AM

OMG, and I'm undergoing separation with DV...

At least with accusations of abuse from my ex I have tried to make it a "look at the evidence" rather than "she said, he said".

#49 Mollycoddle

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:46 AM

The comments on social media of course show an absolute ignorance from the MRA brigade, as per usual.  One bloke jumped in on FB to say 'funny how there were no issues when they were together but all of a sudden now it's over he's abusive'.  Total ignorance of the fact that DV is hugely under-reported and that many victims can only find the wherewithal to report and address it once they are safely out of the relationship.  A lot of women just go off and deal with the fallout of the relationship quietly themselves but when the ongoing protection of children is at stake obviously you can't afford to do that.

Edited by Mollycoddle, 19 September 2019 - 11:13 AM.

#50 someoneanon

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:48 AM

For someone to lose visitation rights in this country there is always a basis for it. Not just so called "lies" from the ex.

I will always remember the judge in my family court matter saying that  my ex needed to suck on eggs because he was all about his rights and not focused on what was best for the children. And quite frankly, that is why men fail in the courts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.