AFL Finals

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#26 born.a.girl

Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:30 PM

View Postannodam, on 13 September 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

You need to be worried about your own team & their drug taking players & leave Collingwood to the Collingwood supporters.

The beauty of this is, after tonight, they'll be a couple of posters here who'll be sulking, so with that - Happy Friday the 13th!

EFS:

Sulking?  Seriously?  It's  fecking game.

The upside of Geelong losing tonight would be that at least there'll be a happy band of supporters out there who won.

I suspect you just can't see what it is about attitude that makes people dislike the Collingwood vibe from some of their followers.

The sneer about the fans of whichever team loses tonight is just juvenile and ungracious.  What a surprise.

#27 10YearsLater

Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:32 PM

View Postannodam, on 13 September 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

You need to be worried about your own team & their drug taking players & leave Collingwood to the Collingwood supporters.

The beauty of this is, after tonight, they'll be a couple of posters here who'll be sulking, so with that - Happy Friday the 13th!

EFS:

No idea why people dislike Collingwood and their supporters so much...just can’t put my finger on it.

#28 10YearsLater

Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:34 PM

View Postborn.a.girl, on 13 September 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

Sulking?  Seriously?  It's  fecking game.

The upside of Geelong losing tonight would be that at least there'll be a happy band of supporters out there who won.

I suspect you just can't see what it is about attitude that makes people dislike the Collingwood vibe from some of their followers.

The sneer about the fans of whichever team loses tonight is just juvenile and ungracious.  What a surprise.

Snap. Haha.

We have more reason than most to be snarky at each other but... may the best team win. It’s set to be a bloody good game of footy no matter what the outcome!

#29 annodam

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:49 PM

^.   Oh gee, I dunno but your smart ass “anyone but Collingwood” remark wasn’t at all meant as a jibe & taunt intended to upset a Collingwood supporter, nah not you!
You must be thick as a brick if you thought someone (me) wouldn’t take offence to that comment!

#30 born.a.girl

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:18 PM

View Postannodam, on 13 September 2019 - 04:49 PM, said:

^.   Oh gee, I dunno but your smart ass “anyone but Collingwood” remark wasn’t at all meant as a jibe & taunt intended to upset a Collingwood supporter, nah not you!
You must be thick as a brick if you thought someone (me) wouldn’t take offence to that comment!

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Describing fans of the losing side tonight as sulking, and that being something of beauty, doesn't do you any favours.

If you win the GF, you can just say 'scoreboard, mate'.

If you don't, then bad luck, and give the winners congratulations.

#31 10YearsLater

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:28 PM

View Postannodam, on 13 September 2019 - 04:49 PM, said:

Your responses are disproportionately aggressive.  

But carry on...

I’ll get back to some great footy (no matter which way it goes) and engage with those who don’t get so triggered.

#32 Mumsyto2

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:29 PM

View Postannodam, on 11 September 2019 - 05:21 PM, said:

But who the hell cares about Eddie does & says at the end of the day?

A lot of people.
I’m Sydney based, don’t have any historical hate re Collingwood. Can’t stand Eddie. Absolute d*ck doesn’t even begin to cover it. My rationale is if Collingwood want the association with him then they cop the dislike by extension of association.

#33 BelleJay

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:40 PM

West Coast for the win :grin: :thumbs:

#34 born.a.girl

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:44 PM

View PostMumsyto2, on 13 September 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

A lot of people.
I’m Sydney based, don’t have any historical hate re Collingwood. Can’t stand Eddie. Absolute d*ck doesn’t even begin to cover it. My rationale is if Collingwood want the association with him then they cop the dislike by extension of association.

One Collingwood supporter wrote on a thread one day: 'Cheering for Collingwood's great, if Collingwood win, that's great, and if Collingwood lose, Eddie's unhappy, and that's great'.

#35 10YearsLater

Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:25 PM

Go Eagles!!!

#36 10YearsLater

Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:28 PM

What a game!!!

#37 born.a.girl

Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:54 PM

View Post~9YearsLater, on 13 September 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

What a game!!!

Happy days for the neutrals.  The finals have been pretty ho hum so far for them.

Nerve wracking for us!

#38 annodam

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:22 PM

View Post~9YearsLater, on 13 September 2019 - 07:25 PM, said:

Go Eagles back to Perth for you!

There, fixed it for you!

#39 10YearsLater

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:25 PM

Fierce game. I really thought we had it at half time.
Cats showed why they finished top.
Dangerfield hey.
Good game!

Go Lions. Then Tigers.

2020 feels like our year. Kelly looking good 😉

#40 born.a.girl

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:29 PM

View Post~9YearsLater, on 13 September 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

What a game!!!

Sorry one of us had to lose. :(

Always a great game though, when it's still anybody's half way through the last quarter.  Just glad it didn't go down to the wire.

#41 Kaz83

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:30 PM

The AFL got what they wanted.
Well timed announcement last night.
Cant have those pesky West Coasters in the Grand Final again.

#42 born.a.girl

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:31 PM

View Post~9YearsLater, on 13 September 2019 - 10:25 PM, said:

Fierce game. I really thought we had it at half time.
Cats showed why they finished top.
Dangerfield hey.
Good game!

Go Lions. Then Tigers.

2020 feels like our year. Kelly looking good

Did you watch it on 7? They showed some figures showing WC were top team for middle quarters, Geelong way down, reversed for last quarters.

#43 10YearsLater

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:32 PM

View Postborn.a.girl, on 13 September 2019 - 10:29 PM, said:

Sorry one of us had to lose. :(

Always a great game though, when it's still anybody's half way through the last quarter.  Just glad it didn't go down to the wire.

I love finals footy. Obvs I'd would have loved the Eagles to go back to back but finals footy is good, regardless.

I’m backing the lions tomorrow.
Ultimately I’m thinking the tigers have it.
But Geelong stood up when it mattered.

That’s why I love finals footy...

#44 ~J_F~

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:34 PM

Lets go Geelong...

There are some very bad sportsman in this thread, probably why certain teams have such bad names!!!

#45 born.a.girl

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:36 PM

View Post~9YearsLater, on 13 September 2019 - 10:32 PM, said:

I love finals footy. Obvs I'd would have loved the Eagles to go back to back but finals footy is good, regardless.

I’m backing the lions tomorrow.
Ultimately I’m thinking the tigers have it.
But Geelong stood up when it mattered.

That’s why I love finals footy...

I've tipped the Lions for tomorrow, as much in hope as anything else.  I don't mind if they don't get to the GF this year - their team is extraordinarily young, talented and ferocious. I'd rather they dipped out early than have nearly a whole team with no GF experience fizz like Port did in 2007.  Their accuracy is an issue, and not just last week.

I think the Tigers have got it, too.  I'm lucky that I get to watch my team another week.  I'm going to enjoy the good bits, even if we don't win.

#46 annodam

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:39 PM

Rioli, he was the one who ended WCs season, the rest gave it their all & his stupidity alone wrecked it for everyone else.

Not even the arm chair ride of free kicks from the umps got those phoney flogs over the line this time.

#47 10YearsLater

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:41 PM

View PostKaz83, on 13 September 2019 - 10:30 PM, said:

The AFL got what they wanted.
Well timed announcement last night.
Cant have those pesky West Coasters in the Grand Final again.

Naturally I feel that way at times too... but

West Coast didn’t bring it. We had the talent but Geelong rattled us in the end.

Lions need another year or two but I’m ever the optimist.

#48 10YearsLater

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:45 PM

View Postborn.a.girl, on 13 September 2019 - 10:36 PM, said:

I've tipped the Lions for tomorrow, as much in hope as anything else.  I don't mind if they don't get to the GF this year - their team is extraordinarily young, talented and ferocious. I'd rather they dipped out early than have nearly a whole team with no GF experience fizz like Port did in 2007.  Their accuracy is an issue, and not just last week.

I think the Tigers have got it, too.  I'm lucky that I get to watch my team another week.  I'm going to enjoy the good bits, even if we don't win.

The lions need another year or two.
Historically, the Eagles need to lose one to win one.
I’m proud of our boys no matter what.
Geelong stood up when it mattered. They finished top and deserve to be where they are. I actually don’t mind who wins now... almost

#49 born.a.girl

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:49 PM

View Post~9YearsLater, on 13 September 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

The lions need another year or two.
Historically, the Eagles need to lose one to win one.
I’m proud of our boys no matter what.
Geelong stood up when it mattered. They finished top and deserve to be where they are. I actually don’t mind who wins now... almost

Geelong won 2007, 2009 & 2011.  2008 was ours to lose, and we did.

I like the fact that so many of the teams can unpredictably beat each other - shows our draft and salary cap system is working.

If you ignore the suns.

#50 10YearsLater

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:52 PM

View Postborn.a.girl, on 13 September 2019 - 10:49 PM, said:

If you ignore the suns.

I think most people do, don’t they?

My dad is St Kilda, born and bred. When the Suns formed, he decided they’d be his number two, having lived in QLD for 20 years.

I feel sorry for my dad every day...

Edited by ~9YearsLater, 13 September 2019 - 11:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.