**TTC September 2019**

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#51 Purple Polka Dots

Posted 16 September 2019 - 01:38 PM

I was using digital OPK's this month.
DTD 24 hours after my smiley face.
Am currently in the TTW - I was 7DPO yesterday, and tested negative with a first response. I wondered if I would show a faint line.

My previous pregnancy I have hyperemesis, and my test line was darker than my control line by 10DPO.

I don't have any symptoms though, so am not hopeful for this month.

#52 mama_j

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:29 PM

Hey girls,
Currently 2-3dpo here. Waiting waiting.
Fingers crossed for some BFP's soon!!!

#53 ljp89

Posted 16 September 2019 - 08:35 PM

Rowd, I’m much like you - EWCM and what I thought was O pain but the OPKs aren’t getting darker at all. If anything they’re getting lighter. I’m CD16, last month O’d at CD11. Was a shorter cycle than I normally have so maybe this month is back to a long cycle and we aren’t at O time yet 🤷🏼‍♀️

Still breastfeeding which is why my cycles are a bit erratic. No plans to wean so it just is what it is for now. We’re still DTD every second day so giving it the best shot we can with the circumstances. But it’s frustrating and it’s exhausting.

#54 rowd

Posted 17 September 2019 - 10:58 AM

ljp I'm with you. Every second day is starting to wear a bit thin here too. As much as I love breastfeeding I'm starting to find it a bit frustrating that I can't seem to have normal cycles at the same time. Have you seen your GP at all? I'm thinking I might if no luck this cycle.

#55 newme15

Posted 17 September 2019 - 01:28 PM

We used digital OPK’s this month and had a O result 2 days ago. I’m glad I did as according to the app I’m using I’m not due to ovulate until tomorrow.
Timing is hard with the hubby as he works away without notice so we have to make the most of it when he is home. It is getting tiring though.
Hoping for a result this month but not sure we will be lucky. I’m just trying to relax and take it as it comes

#56 StressBucket

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:47 PM

Ljp and rows, I’m still breastfeeding my first as well. My cycle came back bang on at three months 🙄 pp, even though he’s still bf around the clock at 15 mo now. Im wondering if his constant feeding will affect getting one to stick though.

I’m getting EWCM, but was ‘supposed’ to O three days ago. Not sure if I’ve missed the boat this month, time will tell.

#57 rowd

Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:31 PM

Stressbucket, last month I got ewcm after O, I do think breastfeeding makes our hormones do things they wouldn't usually in relation to fertility. But in saying that, lots of people conceive while BF so there's no reason we all can't!

I finally got a positive OPK today, so will assume O tomorrow, CD23. Very similar to last month. Fingers crossed I'll make it to testing at 10dpo without AF showing up.

#58 Inexperienced

Posted 18 September 2019 - 05:31 PM

Hii!

Back here again. Ttc no 2. CD 7 currently. First cycle actively trying. Hoping it's a shorter journey than our first.

Anyone due to test next month?

#59 smmaho

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:54 PM

View PostInexperienced, on 18 September 2019 - 05:31 PM, said:

Hii!

Back here again. Ttc no 2. CD 7 currently. First cycle actively trying. Hoping it's a shorter journey than our first.

Anyone due to test next month?

CD6 here so not far behind you. Will be due to test next month.

#60 Gabbitz

Posted 19 September 2019 - 03:04 PM

I was so close to testing early this morning as it’s been 5 days since my hcg injection after my transfer and I think I might be pregnant (I’m starting to get food cravings and waking at 4am starving). Those were all things that happened with my DS. But it’s also only a week since my transfer and I knew I’d be devastated is it came back negative if it’s simply too soon. Now I can’t test again anyway as I had another hcg booster today anyway.  I test 26/9 and really hoping our embryo has stuck. I jump from high high of thinking I must be pregnant to - low lows of maybe it’s all just the ivf drugs.
Arrrh - driving myself a little nuts!

#61 JC 22

Posted 20 September 2019 - 02:10 AM

Hang in there Gabbitz just keep telling your self that you are pregnant and hopefully your prayers will be answered 🙏🏻X

Has anyone ever had a pinky cm on cd 8 also very tired this past few days not sure what’s going on, I had we pains in my right side that could hav been early O but not sure as I normally don’t o till cd 13, thanks..

#62 rowd

Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:33 AM

Sounds promising gabbitz! Less than a week to go until testing - I'll have everything crossed for you.

JC22, nothing surprises me now with early or late O. Do you temp or do OPKs? Or could it possibly be a UTI if you're feeling a bit unwell too?

#63 StressBucket

Posted 20 September 2019 - 01:26 PM

Gabbitz, I’m right there with you. Driving me nuts. Toddler had a feed first thing this morning and nips were 😬, and have a few waves of nausea this afternoon. I was super sick last time, so started feeling it this early too, so the temptation to test is getting very strong!

#64 MissDC

Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:09 PM

Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind me joining in... I've started my second round of injections today and have only just found this site and forums a few days ago. I've been learning so much reading everyone's experiences and would love to be a part of it.

A little about me, I'm 43 and have a DS (24) & DD (21) from my previous marriage - started young and found getting pregnant a little too easy back then!

I've been in a relationship with DP for a few years now and we have been TTC for a little over 18 months.

We completed one round of injections in July and retrieved only 3 eggs which have been frozen. This time round we are hoping for more and will follow through with transfer shortly after.

Sorry for the long story, it's been a long roller coaster ride with 2 MC's in that time too...

I look forward to following you all on this journey and hope we all have some success soon  :smile:

#65 ljp89

Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:16 PM

Rowd, haven’t seen GP yet. I’m trying not to stress about it because I know the breastfeeding does mess with hormones. If we get to 6+ months and no bfp I might change my mind but it’s technically still early days for us TTC. Likely I’d get told to stop breastfeeding and come back in six months anyway 🤷🏼‍♀️

I have a feeling O may have happened on Saturday or is about to happen. I didn’t use an OPK Saturday (spent the morning in hospital with DD in respiratory distress then we were away the rest of the weekend). Last night and this morning I used an OPK and the second line was darker than what it’s been all month both times (still not positive though). So I feel I’ve either missed it Saturday or it’ll be tomorrow.

We’re still DTD every second day so if we don’t catch it this month it’s still not from lack of trying.

Anyway.. trying to stay positive this month. Really hoping we get some BFPs in here 🤞🏻

#66 Gabbitz

Posted 23 September 2019 - 01:15 PM

Welcome Miss DC. I hope you find this forum as helpful on your TTC journey as I have. It’s great having other people around who get the frustration of actually trying to have a child!

It’s great having others who can answer your questions, celebrate with the little wins or simply help you sta strong when you need it.

ljp89 and rowd, I hope you’re able to get your stable cycles soon, it would be so hard trying to work out anything about TTC with such variable timing. I can’t completely commiserate though because my DS was very definite when he wanted to stop breastfeeding- he was 10 months and I only got him that far by feeding and pumping. I think my milk was too slow for him and he wanted his food NOW!! (Still does at 21 months!)

Hope it goes well.

I’m still holding off on testing. My try tomorrow or Wednesday.

#67 rowd

Posted 23 September 2019 - 04:23 PM

Welcome MissDC and good luck for testing gabbitz!

Yep ljp that's what's putting me off going to the GP - pretty sure they'll just tell me I need to wean, which I'm not willing to do yet. But I'm wondering if there is some way they can help with lengthening my luteal phase so at least I'm in with a chance.

#68 Sailor4

Posted 23 September 2019 - 05:43 PM

Hey guys, it feels strange to be back here! I was in the TTC forums at the end of 2017/start of 2018, and had my little girl dec 2018. She is 10 months old next week and we are going to start trying for #2 next cycle. AF is due Oct 5th, so I wont be testing till the start of Nov.

With #1 we concieved on our 4th cycle - but it was our 1st cycle using vitex. I won't be taking vitex this time because I am still breastfeeding (although have had my cycle back since 4 months and it is very regular), and I'm hoping we can fall pregnant fairly quickly without it. I'll probably mostly lurk till Oct, but thought I would pop my head in and say hi now.

#69 Gabbitz

Posted 26 September 2019 - 01:17 PM

Hey ladies.
I did a poas this morning before heading in for my blood test. BFP!
Yay! I was too nervous to wait for the blood test results. They should be back for sure sometime this afternoon.

#70 MissDC

Posted 26 September 2019 - 01:22 PM

How exciting!! I have my egg collection possibly Friday week depending on my ultrasound on Tuesday - Fx I have some good quality eggs.

I'm so excited for you Gabbitz, this gives me hope!

#71 rowd

Posted 26 September 2019 - 01:54 PM

Congrats gabbitz! That's great news!

I'm 7dpo today and trying to resist testing ridiculously early. I've been cramping a bit the last couple of days which isn't usual for me without AF showing up right after, so I'm half on edge and half have my hopes up that it's a good sign.

#72 ljp89

Posted 26 September 2019 - 10:23 PM

CD26. I have no idea when or if I ovulated this month, despite using OPKs. And today I had cramps that are normal for me 3-4 pre period. IC was negative (didn’t expect a positive on that by any means). Think I’m already counting myself out for this month.

#73 Gabbitz

Posted 26 September 2019 - 10:34 PM

Yep. Bloods back this afternoon. Hcg levels at 211 for 4 weeks 5 days pregnant.  I’m guessing I was right when I thought I felt the emby stick the night of the transfer.

I go back next week to check with my doc and see what changes to meds need to happen. I’m hoping to wean off some of my drugs considering I’m on 3 different forms of progesterone at the moment!

#74 rowd

Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:42 AM

I tested this morning at 8dpo, not expecting anything... and got a very light but obvious second line! It seems way too early, but I have been cramping since 5dpo so possibly early implantation or maybe I o'd right after my pos opk instead of a day later.

Not getting my hopes as I am worried my body can't sustain it due to having such a short luteal phase lately, so I probably have low progesterone. I will be obsessively testing over the next few days now.

That's a great number gabbitz! Congrats again!

Edited by rowd, 27 September 2019 - 07:42 AM.

#75 StressBucket

Posted 29 September 2019 - 02:10 PM

Congratulations Gabbitz and rowd! That’s awesome news.

After getting about 5 (obsessive much?) early negatives, my period was a day late, which is super unusual for me, and I got a BFP!! Headed to the GP this week I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.