• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#26 Kezzy321

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:19 PM

Aw sorry to hear kallie and LZTM. Be kind to yourselfs and wine 😔

#27 tawnyfrogmouth

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:49 PM

Hi everyone,
This is my first post in this thread (and these types of threads).

I'm wondering if anyone has had an ovidrel trigger injection and then 3 and 5 days after that a pregnyl luteal phase support injection?

I've posted in the AC and BG but no luck yet - trying to find some support. :D

Thank you!

#28 Gabbitz

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:56 PM

Hi Tawnyfrogmouth.
I’ve used ovidrel and pregnyl during IVF cycles in the past. Is there something you want to know about them?

#29 newme15

Posted 07 September 2019 - 06:41 AM

Hi everyone, I’m new here, this will be my second month trying after a very large age gap between babies. I have been tracking my cycle for about 6months now and it seems pretty consistent. We thought we had everything covered last month however no luck, I even had some symptoms that I normally don’t get in my regular cycle. Hoping to have some better luck this month

#30 LZTM

Posted 07 September 2019 - 12:23 PM

Welcome tawnyfrogmouth and newme15!

Still no AF here so just waiting... I don’t even feel like I’m getting it to be honest! Quite frustrating after yesterday’s test as I’d like to just get on with it now.

#31 JC 22

Posted 10 September 2019 - 02:27 AM

Hi ladies, welcome tawnyfrogmouth and newme 15.

Any 1 testing??? How are you getting on LZTM did AF show up?

I’m on cd 24 and 11 dpo  wasn’t going to test for another few days but they came in the post today so I done a test ( no willpower) and got a bfn it wasn’t  fmu. Not sure if I will test tomorrow or wait on till Wednesday at 13 dpo 🙈 best to wait I think 🙏🏻

#32 LZTM

Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:43 AM

Morning JC 22!
Still no AF here, now almost a week late. Tested again yesterday just with an IC and still a BNF. I don’t feel pregnant, and I also don’t feel like AF is coming. Unsure what’s going on!

Good luck with your waiting, and even more so for a BFP when you do 🤞🏻

#33 smmaho

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:01 PM

I will be testing on saturday (11dpo) if AF hasn't arrived. I usually have a 10 day luteal phase but not sure if it will be longer because of the clomid.

#34 ljp89

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:49 PM

Checking in again.

Looks like I’m due to O tomorrow - on my birthday (turning 30!). EWCM today, not quite positive OPK but close, and tomorrow would be same CD as O last month.
So would be great if I could get a BFP this month for my birthday, the timing seems just right!

We DTD tonight and have been pretty regularly lately. I’m sure I’ll be getting birthday sex too haha so fingers crossed this is our month.

#35 LZTM

Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:54 PM

Wondering if anyone would like to weigh in on my thoughts here?

I’m thinking I am perhaps in one of two positions:
1. Cycle was whacked this month and maybe I actually ovulated ~8 days ago
2. Cycle was on track and I’ve had a chemical and still waiting for AF to arrive

In summary, AF was due 10 days ago. Still nothing. 9 days ago I had 2 days of clear ewcm and cramping - first time throughout the cycle. 6 days ago had a very faint second line on frer (not 100% convinced it wasn’t an evap line?) and then 5 days ago a clear BFN.

#36 JC 22

Posted 11 September 2019 - 11:34 PM

Hi LZTM, with the faint positive I would think maybe you have had a chemical, all the waiting and not knowing is awful when you just want to move on to the next cycle. Could you see your GP and try and get some ans? X

#37 JC 22

Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:18 AM

I’m out for this cycle 😩 this is emotionally draining 😢

#38 Gabbitz

Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:57 AM

Transfer day today. The next two weeks are going to be so sloooow! But can’t test early because I’m on pregnyl injections - which are hcg, so got to wait to be sure we get a true test.

But I’m thinking positive. Technically today I am 2 weeks and 5 days pregnant (based on how they do the pregnancy calculations and the fact that we took our embies to day 5 before freezing).

I’m excited and nervous.

#39 LZTM

Posted 13 September 2019 - 08:21 AM

View PostJC 22, on 13 September 2019 - 02:18 AM, said:

I’m out for this cycle 😩 this is emotionally draining 😢
Sorry to hear that JC 22. It can definitely be a heartbreaking journey at times.

Good luck Gabbitz! Thinking of you!

Still no AF here. Limbo land.

#40 newme15

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:18 PM

Opinions please- I’m on cycle day 9. Yesterday afternoon and all night I had bad cramping. I usually get cramping around day 14 and have a spot on 27 day cycle every time.
Could that have been something to do with ovulation? Cm is no change at the moment.
I’m using a tracker and that tells me I’m not due to ovulate for another 5 days.

#41 smmaho

Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:14 PM

JC22 sorry to hear that. I think I am out too. Started spotting today 10dpo which is what my body seems to do like clockwork.

Good luck Gabbitz!

#42 ljp89

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:02 PM

Hey ladies

Can anyone who uses eBay OPK’s tell me -

Last month I got a clear positive OPK on CD11. After the positive the second line got lighter each day.

Is it normal that after Ovulation occurs, the test line gets lighter and lighter?

I’ve used OPKs the last 4 days, all negative, but the lines are getting lighter each day and I’m trying to figure out if I missed when I ovulated - which would mean extremely early ovulation for this cycle - or if O is later than last month and I’m just not there yet.

Thought O should’ve been two days ago but apart from a small amount of EWCM i don’t think it’s happened yet..

Either way is fine - if I O’d early that’s fine as we were regularly DTD. If I haven’t O’d yet that’s also fine as we’re still in it for this month. 🤷🏼‍♀️

#43 LZTM

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:21 PM

ljp89, on 13 September 2019 - 10:02 PM, said:

Hey ladies

Can anyone who uses eBay OPK’s tell me -

Last month I got a clear positive OPK on CD11. After the positive the second line got lighter each day.

Is it normal that after Ovulation occurs, the test line gets lighter and lighter?

I’ve used OPKs the last 4 days, all negative, but the lines are getting lighter each day and I’m trying to figure out if I missed when I ovulated - which would mean extremely early ovulation for this cycle - or if O is later than last month and I’m just not there yet.

Thought O should’ve been two days ago but apart from a small amount of EWCM i don’t think it’s happened yet..

Either way is fine - if I O’d early that’s fine as we were regularly DTD. If I haven’t O’d yet that’s also fine as we’re still in it for this month. 🤷🏼‍♀️

From memory when ttc with my first, the darkness of the second line doesn’t matter unless it is darker than the control. LH ebbs and flows a little through any cycle, so it’s only an indication of O when it is strong enough to create a darker line.

#44 StressBucket

Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:10 PM

Due for ovulation today, but not much EWCM so think it might still be another day or so. I’m already feeling impatient to test and I haven’t even hit ovulation yet! 😩

Good luck Gabbitz! 🤞🏻

#45 rowd

Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:48 AM

Ljp, for me, I get fluctuating lines throughout my cycle so I would probably say you just haven't O'd yet, but in saying that, is it possible you just missed your surge? I often test twice or even three times a day if I get a dark line. I know now that my surge is long enough that I don't need to, but for some people the surge is really short so you might miss it testing only once.

#46 ljp89

Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:59 PM

Rowd, you could be right on both thoughts. I’ve only been testing once a day in the afternoon, so very possibly missed it. From memory last month I tested mid morning and it was a very clear positive. Perhaps the time of day matters 🤷🏼‍♀️

In saying that though, I do have my usual O pain at the min, so maybe it’s happening today/tomorrow. Haven’t tested today as we’ve been out so I’ll give it a whirl when we get home.

Either way though, not counting myself out given that we’ve been able to DTD every second day this cycle.

When is everyone else due to POAS?

#47 Gabbitz

Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:42 PM

Hey ladies.
Transfer went well yesterday. Yay. We got told our blastocyst was ‘exploding’ - embryologist humour. That’s meant to be a good thing because it’s growing and really close to trying to implant.

Thought I was feeling something last night, but also telling myself that it could still be a day or two before our embie sticks. I’ve got to try not to over analyse everything!
I can’t test until 26/9 as I’m on pregnyl injections as support for the cycle. My last one of those is 19/9. So I’ve got to wait until a week after that injection to be sure we don’t get a false positive due to the medication rather than a true pregnancy result.

So just crossing my fingers and finding things to provide distractions - my 21mo DS is a source of endless amusement/ frustration at the moment so that helps heaps.

Hope we have a couple of BFP’s coming through this month.

#48 LZTM

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:00 AM

That all sounds promising Gabbitz! I really hope this is your month!

Still no AF here. I’m CD45 - period is 13 days late on theory 1, or I’m 11DPO on theory 2. Yesterday morning was checking CM and saw a small streak of dark blood and thought AF was coming but still nothing yet.

#49 rowd

Posted 15 September 2019 - 04:56 PM

How exciting gabbitz! All the best for the wait and really hope you get some good news soon.

Ljp how did you go testing yesterday? Was your o pain right?

Lztm, what a confusing cycle. Maybe implantation blood if you saw some yesterday. Fingers crossed!

I'm CD19 here and have been having lots of EWCM but opks haven't been darkening like they usually do, so I'm a bit unsure. I hope I'll o in the next couple of days as it has been earlier every cycle since my period returned, and I don't really want it to stretch out again. Long cycles are so frustrating!

#50 LZTM

Posted 16 September 2019 - 07:59 AM

Well AF finally arrived this morning. I’m out for this month and next now. My rubella immunity was borderline and my GP has suggested I get the vaccination booster, so can’t TTC for 28 days after that.

Bye ladies! Best of luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.