Save me from the salmon pink/peach.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Mamabug

Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:21 PM

I LUFF my new rental. The size, being close to the kids, electricity savings.

I do not luff that every surface is painted 80s salmon/pink - even the inside of the one wardrobe, laundry and kitchen cupboards.

I have a green tartan lounge and many gilded Klimt prints.

How soon before I can beg to repaint the walls?!?!?

#2 ~J_F~

Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:23 PM

Green tartan couch?

I would have thought that would fit right in with salmon pink :lol:

Anyway ask to paint, worst they can say is no.

#3 Mamabug

Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:27 PM

Oh. Ouch. I luff the couch!!!

Also, might I add, it was The Best sofa bed that could be bought in 1995?

It and I have both survived my marriage and divorce! 😂😂😂

#4 GnomeDePloom

Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:31 PM

Is the bathtub and sink/vanity salmon pink too? My sister is in a rental that had a bodgy paint job over the bath to turn it from pink to white, but now it's peeling off and looks just..SPECIAL

#5 NannyPlum

Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:35 PM

My parents had the same lounge!! It was so comfy!

And I think at one stage had salmon pink walls, brown and yellow carpets and brown brick. Stylish!

#6 Mamabug

Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:40 PM

Um, Gnome... my bath, loo, and basin are properly pink!

#7 Caribou

Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:45 PM

I’d ask to paint. Offer up a natural white. I know it’s $$ but it’s either your sanity or a more modern look.

I shudder to think what ppl were thinking painting everything’s foul colour. However word has it is very vogue at the moment.

#8 kimasa

Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:53 PM

I'd embrace it and go full Barbie dreamhouse.

#9 GnomeDePloom

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:20 PM

View Postkimasa, on 19 August 2019 - 09:53 PM, said:

I'd embrace it and go full Barbie dreamhouse.

Yah, think of it as Millennial Pink Barbie!!

Just imagine the next generation 30 years from now wondering how to cover over grey walls and Millennial Pink Scandi decor of nowadays

#10 Jenflea

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:55 PM

*secretly likes salmon pink and lusts over a pink bathroom*

#11 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:06 PM

View PostMamabug, on 19 August 2019 - 09:40 PM, said:

Our rental place had a lilac vanity and matching lilac bath! Would have been the same era as your pink one.

#12 BECZ

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:12 PM

View PostJenflea, on 19 August 2019 - 10:55 PM, said:

You can have mine anytime Jenflea!

Pink bath and toilet, pink, grey and white tiles on the floor and blue tiles on the walls.  It's hideous!  I don't blame the kids for wanting to use ours. (They won't use the toilet.  It makes freaky sounds!)

#13 Mamabug

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:05 AM

I do think the barhroom is fun and I'm looking for an epic flamingo shower curtain to fully embrace it. :)

I draw the line at fluffy toilet lid cover and loo roll doll!

#14 Bandwagon

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:19 AM

You must be in my mum’s old rental!

#15 born.a.girl

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:21 AM

View PostMamabug, on 19 August 2019 - 09:40 PM, said:

Our bath was too, when we came here. With grey tiles.   Got it sprayed white,  professionally and it's lasted fifteen years so far.

Ooh, a pink loo, it's probably a collector's item.

#16 overlytired

Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:43 AM

View PostMamabug, on 20 August 2019 - 08:05 AM, said:

I do think the barhroom is fun and I'm looking for an epic flamingo shower curtain to fully embrace it. Posted Image

I have a flamingo curtain! I bought it on a dare from one of the kids LOL.

#17 Jenflea

Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:27 AM

I collect flamingos so you're living my dream!

#18 Redhead43

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:38 AM

I bought a house with pink walls and woodwork. Not to our taste at all. However, it is still that colour 12 years later. I guess we’re used to it, or just very very lazy.

#19 born.a.girl

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:51 AM

View PostRedhead43, on 20 August 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

I bought a house with pink walls and woodwork. Not to our taste at all. However, it is still that colour 12 years later. I guess we’re used to it, or just very very lazy.

We were like that with the late sixties little tiny tiles in the kitchen.  The house was otherwise beige from the front fence to the back shed.   Looked at the kitchen tiles and thought 'they'll be going!', but of course planning changes, changing our mind, meant that the kitchen update didn't happen for nearly ten years.

In the meantime the tiny tiles returned to fashion!

#20 seayork2002

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:01 PM

View PostJenflea, on 19 August 2019 - 10:55 PM, said:

I don't like pink walls really but I love those old dust pink or avacado solid bathroom suites that look about 200 years old

#21 boysescakes

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:18 PM

My last place had a bright yellow toilet (seat and vanity) and a bright red one.
Not sure what those splashes of colour were for? The rest of the bathroom was pretty neutral!

#22 #YKG

Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:04 PM

View PostMamabug, on 20 August 2019 - 08:05 AM, said:

I do think the barhroom is fun and I'm looking for an epic flamingo shower curtain to fully embrace it. :)

Not sure if anyone posted, but this is fun but grown up flamingo

https://m.catch.com....fer_id=18630346

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.