Girl names to go with Lucy Rose

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 amehjah123

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:34 PM

Hello!

My first daughter is Lucy Rose and am currently pregnant with baby girl #2! But we're stuck on a second girls name. We have different tastes which doesn't help! He prefers classic, (what I would call) common names, whereas I prefer names that are slightly whimsical, not uncommon but not too common! (ugh!)

We're also trying to pair it with Willow as the middle name after my grandfather.

I don't think all of these pair well with Willow, but they are my top favourite girls names!:
Sienna
Lexi
Peyton
Piper
Quinn
Olive

He likes names such as:
Lisa
Pheobe
Rosalie (probably the only one I don't mind from any he has suggested but we're both a little put off as Lucy's middle name is Rose)
etc
(He's not very good at suggesting any names just turning down everything I suggest!)

I'd love a name that could have a nickname, but I'll probably find a nickname even if it's a name that doesn't immediately have one that comes to mind! Haha

My SIL has just had a Romy Mae, and cousin's kids (who we see regularly) are Charlotte Violet and Eden Joy so those names are out for us.

Surname begins with "Mc" so I'm not a fan of any names that begin with M.

PLEASE HELP!

#2 MoreCoffeePlease

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:35 PM

I also have a Lucy and for DD#2 we considered

Harriet
Alice
Phoebe
Mia
Abigail
Audrey
Imogen

#3 Astrocyte

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:39 PM

Remi is a name I’ve been liking recently. I like Olive from your list and Phoebe from your DHs list.

My favourite girls names are Sophie, Willow and Lyra.

#4 Imaginary friend

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:43 PM

I wouldn't have Lucy and Lexi. Or Lisa.

My favourite name from the list is Sienna and I think Sienna Willow works well together.

#5 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:58 PM

Cecilie
Imogen
Abigail

#6 eigne

Posted 05 August 2019 - 03:05 PM

Hannah
Luna
Sofia
Audrey
Anna

#7 Blue Shoe

Posted 05 August 2019 - 03:58 PM

If you both like Willow, would you consider it as a first name? Lucy and Willow has a nice ring to it, and some of your shortlist names would flow nicely, eg. Willow Quinn.

#8 little lion

Posted 05 August 2019 - 04:19 PM

Elise Willow

#9 JBH

Posted 05 August 2019 - 04:21 PM

Freya
Matilda
Eliza

#10 just roses

Posted 05 August 2019 - 04:49 PM

Phoebe is lovely, but why not Willow as first name?

BTW I also have a Lucy Rose :-)

#11 MarciaB

Posted 05 August 2019 - 04:53 PM

Some lovely suggestions here.

I just wanted to add that my friend has two gorgeous girls - Lucy (eldest) and then Emily

So forever more I will think that Lucy and Emily are perfect together.

#12 Gudrun

Posted 05 August 2019 - 06:39 PM

My picks would be Lexi or Phoebe.  And my brainwave was going to be Romy!

Sylvie
Nina
Alice
Elspeth (Essie)
Frances (Frankie)
Clara
Amity
Scarlett
Xanthe
Brigid (Bridie)
Celeste
Yvette
Clementine (Coco, Leni etc)
Gwyneth (Winnie)
Miriam (Mimi)
Naomi
Greta
Odette

#13 kerilyntaryn

Posted 05 August 2019 - 07:06 PM

Out of your names I think Olive goes best with Lucy, but Olive willow doesn't flow well, what about Olivia or Oliver. Lucy and Lexi would be confusing too. What about Susannah instead of Sienna, Katelyn instead of Peyton, Pippa or Philippa instead of Piper,
I think Phoebe goes well with Lucy as does Rosalie, (I wouldn't worry about Rose as the middle name for Lucy. I like Lisa too. What about Tessa, Alice, Ada, Ava, Eva, Kate, Emma, Emily, Heidi, Holly, Genevieve, Penelope, Thea

#14 Phoebeandme

Posted 05 August 2019 - 07:18 PM

Phoebe - my Phoebe was almost a Phoebe Willow ❤️
Stella
Freya
Nora
Harriet
Violet

#15 01771gemma

Posted 05 August 2019 - 07:19 PM

Piper and Sienna are my favourites from your list and Rosalie is my favourite from DH’s list.

Personal names that I like:
Ocean
Rylee (can also be spelled Riley)
Summer
Jordan (can also be spelled Jordyn)
Ava
Kayla
Paisley

#16 BBC

Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:56 PM

Willow is great as a first name.

Other ideas
Frances
Samantha
Esther
Anna
Caroline

Personally I would avoid another name that starts with L or ends with an ee sound.

#17 kerilyntaryn

Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:59 PM

other names Claire, Sylvie, Amy, Caroline, Audrey,  Anna, Nina, Amelia, Nora, Clara, Kate, Sophie, Sadie, Sophia, Hazel, Jane, Daphne, Celeste, Annabel, Cora, Evelyn, Ruth, Ada, April, Rosa, Ivy

Edited by kerilyntaryn, 05 August 2019 - 10:25 PM.

#18 Bereckii

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:05 PM

View PostGudrun, on 05 August 2019 - 06:39 PM, said:

And my brainwave was going to be Romy!

This made me think of Romilly.

#19 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:35 AM

I would stay classical if it was me, not start with an 'L' or end with and 'E' sound.

Lucy Rose and :

Amelia Willow
Kate Willow
Sophia Willow
Juliet Willow
Ella Willow
Zara Willow
Bridget Willow
Alice Willow

#20 majirlo

Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:56 PM

Sienna is my favourite from your list but I love the suggestion of Willow Quinn.

Lucy Rose and Willow Quinn.are beautiful names.

#21 zenkitty

Posted 06 August 2019 - 08:07 PM

My first thought was Coralie - Lucy Rose and Coralie Willow. Inspired by Rosalie, classic but not common. I think I have more in common with your husband’s naming style though, so these might be off the mark for you.

Other ideas:
Lucy Rose and Elodie Willow
Lucy Rose and Scarlet Willow
Lucy Rose and Eloise Willow
Lucy Rose and Josephine Willow
Lucy Rose and Annabel Willow
Lucy Rose and Claire Willow
Lucy Rose and Juniper Willow
Lucy Rose and Kate Willow
Lucy Rose and Zadie Willow

#22 MGB

Posted 06 August 2019 - 08:52 PM

Great names!

Kate
Stella
Sylvie
Alice
Grace
Georgia

#23 teddytbumpandme

Posted 06 August 2019 - 10:47 PM

From your list I like Sienna, Peyton and Piper, and from your DH's list I like Rosalie

From PP's I like the suggestion of Coralie or using Willow as the first name

Some other suggestions:
Astrid
Myla
Avril
Tahlia
Delaney
Esme
Faye
Eliza
Cordelia
Paige
Imogen
Edith
Ingrid
Agnes
Beatrice
Chloe

#24 More cheese Gromit

Posted 06 August 2019 - 11:36 PM

Lulu

Enid

Alice

Felicity

#25 FreyjaCatherine22

Posted 07 August 2019 - 01:14 AM

From the names you listed I like Phoebe best, and think Lucy Rose and Phoebe Willow go well together.

Other suggestions:
Isla
Ruby
Zara
Ayla
Ada
Eva
Thea
Ember
Edith
Zoe
Skyla
Sadie
Nova
Audrey
Kira
Carys

Edited by FreyjaCatherine22, 07 August 2019 - 01:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.