**TTC August 2019**

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#1 loulou1985

Posted 03 August 2019 - 08:21 AM

Thought I'd start this topic. Is anyone still around?

#2 M2468

Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:43 AM

Thanks for starting the thread. 😊

AF due mid next week for me. I tend to wait for her rather than testing early.

#3 mama_j

Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:48 AM

I'm still here :)
Just started our first cycle of non monitored Letrozole.
On CD 6 now. Usually ovulate on CD 19-21 so will be interesting to see how this month goes! Due to go to the snow on the 24/8 which by my usual ovulation would be about 5dpo, but with letrozole who knows.
Trying to tell myself whatever happens I wont test until we get back from our holiday (going with friends and been planned for months)... But I bet I don't last that long lol!!!!

#4 loulou1985

Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:52 AM

I'm probably about cd6 following an early mc/chemical pregnancy. This will be cycle 3 ttc #2

#5 Kallie88

Posted 03 August 2019 - 11:21 AM

Af due next week for me, did a test the other day which was neg but realistically prob too early

#6 Gabbitz

Posted 03 August 2019 - 01:22 PM

I’m still around too. Surgery for endo on 7/8 so we won’t be in for this month either. All the best everyone.

MamaJ have fun in the snow. We usually go with family every 2nd or third year. Due to go next year.

#7 M2468

Posted 03 August 2019 - 02:26 PM

@mamaj - have fun at the snow! I'll likely also be starting letrozole soon (I need to see if AF arrives, then get my tubes checked first). Fingers crossed it works!

@kallie - looks like we're cycle buddies this month - good luck!

@gabbitz - will be thinking of you on Wednesday. Hope it goes smoothly and you recover quickly.

@loulou - sorry for your loss. Hopefully you get your rainbow bub soon.

#8 smmaho

Posted 03 August 2019 - 03:32 PM

Hi

I thought I'd join in. I'm ttc baby number two. I've had issues with irregular bleeding and a hormone imbalance ever since ds1 was born. Came off the pill 2 months ago and have have not ovulated in that time and have low progesterone so obgyn has given me a script for Clomid.

Just waiting for AF to arrive but I think it will still be a while away. I'm a bit nervous about how the medication will effect my body but it doesn't look like my body is going to ovulate naturally.

Wishing everyone lots of luck this month.

#9 rowd

Posted 03 August 2019 - 04:21 PM

I'm still here too! CD6 for me, TTC # 3 while breastfeeding #2 (11 months). It's our 4th month trying but I'm yet to have a luteal phase long enough to even be in with a chance. Last week my son dropped a feed so I'm hoping that might help.

Good luck to everyone this month!

#10 Ollie83

Posted 03 August 2019 - 04:56 PM

Hi, I’m still hanging about too ... I should of ovulated last Sunday so I’d be 6/7 dpo ... period due next Sunday/Monday.

I’m fairly certain I had an early chemical last month, I had every symptom but then bam huge period.

This month I’ve been so busy I’ve totally had my mind off TTC ... I feel pretty back to my normal self after heaps of pms last month.

Good luck and baby dust.

#11 BeachesBaby

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:22 PM

I'm currently undergoing stim cycle #2, after our first 4 embryos were mmc, bfn, cp, and failed thaw. They took about 12 vials of blood earlier this week, for "implantation testing" as my FS called it, which is for all sorts of things, auto immune, nkc, mthfr, any other clues as to why it hasn't worked for us yet. In the meantime we're going to freeze all and PGS test these embryos to avoid another trisomy. So it'll be a few months before I transfer.

Feeling meh about it, some days I'm really positive and excited, sometimes I'm still down in the dumps, watching people in my life try for just a few months and getting to be pregnant, while I'm rounding out almost 2 years with nothing to show for it. Guess I'm just feeling more down tonight than up, but it's probably also the hormones. EPU will be wednesday of friday, so at least I'm on the way towards hopefully making a bunch more embryos.

Edited by BeachesBaby, 03 August 2019 - 06:57 PM.

#12 JC 22

Posted 03 August 2019 - 07:58 PM

Hi All I’m also still here, it’s our 20th month trying In that time we have had 2 chemicals and 2 Mc last 1 was 21st  of June. Sounds silly but I feel like I’m getting close as those 4 pregnancy’s have been in the last 6 months just waiting for 1 to stick 🙏🏻🤞.. I got my solid smile yesterday so almost in the 2 week wait... Good luck for August ladies xx

#13 MadyFez

Posted 03 August 2019 - 08:27 PM

Hi everyone,

New to TTC group but been a member of EB for around 16 years.

Ds is 16.5 yrs old and we are now TTC no 2. Just a little age gap!   We might have left it too late, both 37 yrs old this yr.

Been off the pill since Jan.  Also lost about 19 kgs since Jan.

Last month was the first month of trying.   Ive got 3 apps going but not OPK tests as yet.  Im fairly certain timing won't be a problem.

Im itching to test.  CD 26 today - average is 26 to 31, so a few more days wait.   DH says to just wait rather then test.

Last month i was awoken at 5am with O pains - on CD 15.  However this time it wad harder to pin point O day.

Fingers crossed For everyone this month!

#14 M2468

Posted 04 August 2019 - 11:35 AM

Good luck everyone!

@beaches - Sorry to hear you're struggling at times. I know how you feel - my DH and I are also very close to the 2 year mark (22 months and counting) and it's really hard sometimes. Don't lose hope!

#15 bec2585

Posted 04 August 2019 - 03:25 PM

Hi Everyone,

i have been ttc for over a year now, at the beginning of the year i was diagnosed with pcos and ive been jumping around from all kinds of facilities because all the drs have wanted me was to loose weight but nothing has helped. so i decided to just bite the bullet and go to my gynaecologist and its amazing when a dr finally listens to you and puts a plan in place, so my plan has been i was put on provera to bring on a period as i was having cycles of up to 100days which isn't convenient when ttc, as of today i actually celebrated my period we are on cycle day 1, so on day 3 of my cycle i will start letrozole for 5 days and fingers crossed i ovulate and we will have lots of  sex ( i can't believe my calendar has days for sex now in it :lol: ) day 21 ill have a blood test to see if i have ovulated and fingers crossed for a little letrozole baby by the end of the month. good luck to everyone else i hope we all get some good news xx

Edited by bec2585, 04 August 2019 - 03:27 PM.

#16 ljp89

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:03 AM

Hi ladies, jumping across from July TTC.

We are TTC #2. DD is 20.5mo, and still breastfeeds morning and night (and during the day if I’m home) so that is causing me to have irregular cycles.

This is cycle 1 of actively trying after 3-5 cycles of not trying not preventing (that were short all over the place in length cycles). I’m on CD33 and I think 11DPO. I think my period would be due on CD38-41. We DTD every second night for the last month so hopefully we caught it. I’m going to test on Wednesday so I have my fingers crossed but low expectations because of the long cycles I’ve been having.

It’s super frustrating. I know others have it harder. I’m already feeling drained with the TTC process so I’m really glad to have this group to vent in.

#17 ljp89

Posted 07 August 2019 - 12:27 PM

Me again.. talking to myself this month haha

I’m on CD36 and BFN - I thought I was 13DPO today but had EWCM yesterday so now think I may have actually O’d late this month and too early to test. Ive been having weird cycles post baby #1 - really short and now really long.

I’m going to start temping to try and pinpoint O next cycle. Ugh

#18 loulou1985

Posted 07 August 2019 - 01:00 PM

It is rather quiet in here! Have you still been managing to bd up until now? Hopefully it is all just later than you thought.

#19 bec2585

Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:56 PM

My cycles went weird after my first too. Im currently CD4 and 2nd day of letrozole and this period is busting my a*se the cramps feel like what i used to get in my teenage early adult years and it’s a murder scene going on down there ( sorry for the graphic picture I’ve just given you) but I’m hoping that the letrozole shuts the tap off and helps me ovulate because holy cow this a f’d up! I’m keeping everything crossed I get a BFP by the end of the month and taking Provera to bring on the period and taking letrozole has been worth it .

#20 M2468

Posted 07 August 2019 - 03:09 PM

@bec2585 - fingers crossed it works!

I must say, I appreciate your honesty. If this cycle doesn't work out for me, I'll probably be starting letrozole in a month or two. It's good to know what might lie ahead...

I also empathise a lot with the ladies with long or unpredictable cycles. I've never been very regular - it's a real pain when TTC!

#21 rowd

Posted 07 August 2019 - 03:33 PM

It's so frustrating having cycles all over the place, I totally sympathise. I've never struggled with irregular cycles until now, and it's driving me crazy. I'm currently CD10, and we are about to go on holiday for a week, so hoping I ovulated sometime while we're away so we've got plenty of time to try!

#22 Kallie88

Posted 07 August 2019 - 04:01 PM

Irregular cycles suck. Mine have never been 28 day cycles, usually around 35 days, since i got my period back after last baby i've been 33 days ish lol, so expecting period on Friday. May not have the willpower not to test on Friday and will take that as the result even if my periods late because we wouldn't have dtd at the right time if I ovulated late.
Wishing everyone lots of luck and baby dust this month!
Edit typo

Edited by Kallie88, 07 August 2019 - 04:02 PM.

#23 ljp89

Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:50 PM

We’ve been able to DTD basically every second night so if we don’t get a BFP it’s not from lack of trying 😂

Also while I’m venting - I asked hubby when we started TTC if he wanted to know when it was the good time of month for conceiving or if he just wanted a surprise so it doesn’t seem like a chore to him. He said he wants to know so he knows sex NEEDS to happen. Lo and behold he’s already telling me sex is feeling like a chore 🤦🏼‍♀️ It’s cycle 1 properly TTC and he’s come out with that already. If conceiving takes awhile this time around I’m not sure I’ll be able to deal with his attitude.

#24 Gabbitz

Posted 07 August 2019 - 06:53 PM

Hi Ladies.
I’m in hospital overnight after my surgery. Catching up on my EB reading!
Hope everyone has a better month.
I’ve just come out from surgery. Doc found endo and a cyst on my ovary. Thankfully no cancer - which had been the concern with blood test results last month.
So endo cleared out and I’m hoping that we can get on with an IVF cycle as soon as possible.
I think my donor tarts her cycle this week, so once we get to that point we’ll be doing a FET.
Anyway, all the best ladies.

#25 Kallie88

Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:48 PM

Gabbitz, on 07 August 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

Hi Ladies.
I’m in hospital overnight after my surgery. Catching up on my EB reading!
Hope everyone has a better month.
I’ve just come out from surgery. Doc found endo and a cyst on my ovary. Thankfully no cancer - which had been the concern with blood test results last month.
So endo cleared out and I’m hoping that we can get on with an IVF cycle as soon as possible.
I think my donor tarts her cycle this week, so once we get to that point we’ll be doing a FET.
Anyway, all the best ladies.

Hope your recovery goes well, best of luck for your next cycle xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.