When are the naplan results out ?

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#76 But seriously

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:21 PM

The school sends them out - they aren't sent by the external body. The school receives and envelopes them and sends them out. It is that simple. The school has no involvement in their generation just the sending.

And yes, the sending part can be done for all years at the same time. If kids don't take them home well cant do anything about that but getting them to all kids on same day. Yes, I call that simple. If it takes an extra day because of whatever, fine. But same day should be basic

#77 Expelliarmus

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:53 PM

Did you not read that sometimes, even though the school DO send them home on the same day a whole raft of reasons might mean a teacher doesn’t. I’ve experienced a report not going home on the same day before. Had to be sent the next day.

I’m astounded this is so difficult for you really.

#78 Riotproof

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:54 PM

Why? Why does it matter if year 3 get theirs before year 5. It makes zero difference.

What exactly do parents do with the information?

#79 **Xena**

Posted 04 September 2019 - 09:13 PM

My daughter ended up bringing hers home today. My son hasn't got his yet though (different schools).

#80 Lees75

Posted 04 September 2019 - 09:48 PM

SA here. We received an email from the principal today saying not to expect them home before the 18/9.

#81 Prancer is coming

Posted 04 September 2019 - 10:32 PM

Our school sends them out in the mail.  They don’t do this with school reports though, not quite sure why they are treated differently.

#82 gravity1

Posted 05 September 2019 - 07:15 AM

View PostPrancer is coming, on 04 September 2019 - 10:32 PM, said:

Our school sends them out in the mail.  They don’t do this with school reports though, not quite sure why they are treated differently.
Yes, ours are sent out too. Our reports are digital through the school app.

#83 MayaTheGrinch

Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:48 AM

We don't even get an envelope. Last time I found the piece of paper with the details crushed under a lunchbox in the bottom of the bag. It had probably been there a week. Reports are electronic here though, through the dept. edu online portal.

RP - I don't know what parents do with it. Well most. I do have friends who have had it requested for highschool entry/interviews/applications. My neighbours asked me when they would have gotten them because the boarding school her daughter is due to start next year has been asking for them. Our local highschool doesn't care, then again their enrollment procedure for the local primary catchments seems to be a letter asking if you child will be attend then next year (there is literally one state high and one catholic, so it's not like the have much competition).

#84 Fossy

Posted 05 September 2019 - 08:28 PM

My daughter got hers today (vic), our first time sitting naplan so trying to figure it all out. She’s more excited about the questionnaire for upcoming school swimming lessons.

#85 2bundles

Posted 05 September 2019 - 08:39 PM

Qld yr 9. Got it in the post on Tuesday

#86 EPZ

Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:24 PM

VIC, year 3, got ours today. I did notice the middle 60% band is a higher range than when my son did year 3.

#87 twistedkites

Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:19 PM

Does anyone in NSW have theirs yet?

#88 Prancer is coming

Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:37 PM

Mine arrived in the post today for primary.  I noticed it had underneath them all that the test was done online, and under writing it said there were computer issues and not to read too much into it (can’t remember the wording).  My kid has a writing disability and had a massive increase in writing due to being able to use a computer!

#89 Tyrannosaurus

Posted 06 September 2019 - 03:14 PM

We are in Sydney. I rang our school to find out when we will get our naplan and they said go online and google that. Omg!

Edited by Tyrannosaurus, 06 September 2019 - 03:15 PM.

#90 Sky15

Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:30 PM

We r in sydney too......no result yet!! Such a long wait....

#91 Heather11

Posted 06 September 2019 - 05:00 PM

View PostTyrannosaurus, on 06 September 2019 - 03:14 PM, said:

We are in Sydney. I rang our school to find out when we will get our naplan and they said go online and google that. Omg!

Is there a reason you need the Naplan results so urgently?  If not then I think waiting patiently and not bugging the school would be the way to go.

The office staff have enough to deal with without having parents ringing up trying to find out when the naplan is being sent out.

#92 But seriously

Posted 06 September 2019 - 05:33 PM

View PostHeather11, on 06 September 2019 - 05:00 PM, said:

Is there a reason you need the Naplan results so urgently?  If not then I think waiting patiently and not bugging the school would be the way to go.

The office staff have enough to deal with without having parents ringing up trying to find out when the naplan is being sent out.

Schools would save themselves a lot of trouble is, as part of their communication to parents, let them know that Naplan results are expected between X dates and we will post them out.

#93 casime

Posted 06 September 2019 - 05:38 PM

If end of term reports can go out on the same day so should NAPLAN.

Good grief, I bet your school loves you.

#94 But seriously

Posted 06 September 2019 - 05:44 PM

View Postcasime, on 06 September 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

Good grief, I bet your school loves you.

I dont spend my time telling the school my children attend what to do but as someone with a communications background it drives me spare just how bad the basics are done

And yes, I have also done the Board stint and set out school policies and procedures as to how this stuff should be done. Its not time consuming just organisational. Some schools are just bad at it - and wonder why parents get frustrated.

#95 katei

Posted 06 September 2019 - 08:00 PM

Our school only got the online access to results today and do not have the paper copies yet (WA). Guess who will be spending her weekend putting together an analysis ready for management meeting on Monday! Fun times ahead for me.

#96 Heather11

Posted 06 September 2019 - 08:45 PM

View PostBut seriously, on 06 September 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

Schools would save themselves a lot of trouble is, as part of their communication to parents, let them know that Naplan results are expected between X dates and we will post them out.

Apart from those who haven't done it before, most people would know they come out in the second half of Term 3.  I'm not sure that schools actually know when they will come out other than from the second half of Term 3.

#97 Expelliarmus

Posted 06 September 2019 - 08:55 PM

They can’t tell you because they don’t know. They are not being difficult on this issue. They don’t know :shrug:

#98 gravity1

Posted 09 September 2019 - 07:37 PM

We received results today in the mail - Vic secondary school.

#99 annodam

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:11 PM

View PostRiotproof, on 04 September 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

Why? Why does it matter if year 3 get theirs before year 5. It makes zero difference.

What exactly do parents do with the information?

Dunno about others but I start the fire with the ones I receive usually in the mail, I don't even open the envelope.
Didn't do it this year though, DS is in Yr 4.

#100 robhat

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:04 PM

I'm in NSW. I asked my son's year 3 teacher about NAPLAN results last week, just casually as part of a nice after school chat. She said the school hadn't received them yet and had no idea when they would come, but she thought probably sometime before the end of term.

They legitimately don't know and there is no point in harassing them as they probably won't know until they show up on the door step.

Plus, the results will still be the same (and equally useless) no matter which day you get them.

And I have a child in year 3 and one in year 6 and it is TOTALLY normal for notes, reports and all sorts of things to NOT come home on the same day, although the school does typically make a special effort to get the school reports home on the same day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.