• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 19 July 2019 - 06:54 PM

New thread time ladies

#2 Mands09

Posted 19 July 2019 - 06:56 PM

Gold

ETA - moving this weekend so will be awol. Hope everyone enjoys a lovely weekend!

Edited by Mands09, 19 July 2019 - 06:56 PM.

#3 life is uncertain

Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:47 AM

Silver

Good luck with the move mands

#4 *Nasty*Squeekums*

Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:00 PM

Bronze

Dd home today, been at grandma's last few days
I've slept, recovery from holiday.

Good luck with the move Mands. I hate moving,I love my stuff though, it's a catch 22 lol

Blackcat, glad your trip going well and dd has handled it well

#5 AprilEthereal

Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:34 PM

Best wishes with the move.

Hello all. Pulling up a bar stool and enjoying a wine and some tunes.

#6 Mands09

Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:56 PM

Am writing an angry email to the property manager. Lazy woman hasn’t updated the inspection report at all. Like completely wrong appliances listed. Everything neat and tidy and in good condition. The sandpit isn’t even visible through all the weeds, a blind fell down and hit me when I tried to pull it up, the oven is broken and the dishwasher power cord is stripped back to expose electrical wiring. So much stuff is broken. And the bins were completely full and I missed the collection (the day we picked up the keys) so full bins for a week. So unimpressed given the amount of rent we are paying. I’m okay with old and tired. I’m not okay with everything being broken and dangerous.

#7 blackcat20

Posted 21 July 2019 - 12:01 AM

Oh that’s really crap Mands.

We’ve popped down to Virginia for the weekend for a family gathering. A balmy 38 degrees today :ninja: planning to take the little one for a swim.

#8 *Nasty*Squeekums*

Posted 21 July 2019 - 05:11 PM

Welcome April, wine sounds like a good idea

Mands, id be fuming. Hell our last landlord we had similar issues, Inc live, uncapped wires in the roof and they refused to fix them, we took them to tribunal and won. Rent reduction, early out of lease (our choice) and a payment for the extra rent we shouldn't have had to pay

Blackcat, oh so jealous. 38 sounds devine. It's 17ish here

#9 Nasty Teens

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:04 PM

In Sydney for work. Uber Eats is awesome! Order what I want and less than 40 minutes later it is fresh and hot at my hotel room door.

I may be easily pleased in this regard. Can’t even get pizza delivered at home.

#10 Mands09

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:35 PM

Squeeks I remember your tribunal win! I’m hoping it’s just a lazy property manager and not a dodgy landlord. We will see I guess.

Uber eats in Canberra sucks. All the restaurants are always unavailable and it’s 50/50 as to whether they cancel your order after you’ve already waited 45+min because they can’t get drivers.

#11 Mands09

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:36 PM

Hope you are enjoying the trip bc. 38C is way too hot!

#12 Nasty Teens

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:51 PM

That’s no good Mands. As said, I am easily impressed.

#13 *Nasty*Squeekums*

Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:35 PM

View PostNasty Teens, on 21 July 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

In Sydney for work. Uber Eats is awesome! Order what I want and less than 40 minutes later it is fresh and hot at my hotel room door.

I may be easily pleased in this regard. Can’t even get pizza delivered at home.

We found menu log heaps better in Melbourne. Heaps of variety, fast, hot
Uber had maccas for dd though lol
I miss it out here in the country cos we can't even get pizza delivered either
At 1am me and dd got a dessert pizza and dp a seafood one
I got pasta at midnight
Dd loved the happy meals to the apartment
Chinese at 2am
Heaven, we didn't go out for dinner, we ordered in every time lol

Mands, yeah hopefully lazy. Just annoying to have to keep on them lol
I'd take 50 50 uber eats, we got nothing

#14 blackcat20

Posted 21 July 2019 - 11:06 PM

38 is definitely way too hot. We went out yesterday and only went into three shops before we bailed.

Big family reunion last night, even met the Misters Grandma, and all his aunt's and cousins. They're all off to a theme park today but it's way too hot for a baby.

#15 Tiger Print

Posted 22 July 2019 - 09:21 AM

How lovely blackcat to meet everyone.

Good luck with the move Mands.

Had a lovely weekend celebrating my DHs birthday.  Beautiful weather here at the moment so we are making the most of it!  Had a greek feast on Saturday that was just divine.

Ubereats has just arrived here but not sure if we will use it.  Our favourite places are within walking distance :)

I am sporting the biggest bruise on my thigh that I have ever seen.  Slipped over on the bathroom tiles after my shower and tried doing the splits. It turns out that I am not that flexible and that the floor is hard and I don't bounce.

#16 blackcat20

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:49 AM

My MIL is finally starting to rub both of us the wrong way. I know she means well but she ignores what you want and does what she thinks is best. We were going to pick up groceries for breakfast but she insisted on going herself. Asked what we wanted then bought what she thought we should have instead. I just wanted good old plain cow's milk for my morning cuppa and some greek yoghurt but she gets organic with assorted added vitamins that just doesn't taste the same, and organic yoghurt with a thick layer of cream on top. She doesn't drink milk so we said just get the 250ml bottle but she got a litre. And that's after being offended that I didn't want to drink last week's milk (also a litre, which was barely touched) because it had been open for eight days. Yet was horrified we gave bub three day old EBM and offered to tip it out for us as we were warming it for her bedtime bottle. :ninja:

#17 Mands09

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:38 AM

Ahhhh in-laws and babies are not a good mix! Good luck bc :)

Pretty sure the oven is dying. Took 55minutes to sort of cook brownies that should only take 35 minutes and the sound of the fan was unbearable.

#18 blackcat20

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:55 AM

Short term pain... mister reckons she’s getting worse. If you ate everything she prepared you’d be eating all day.

Weather is lovely, around 28 dgreees.

Too early to ask for a new oven?

#19 Mands09

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:39 AM

I’ve already asked for:
- light fixtures x 3 to be fixed/bulbs replaced
- dishwasher cord made safe
- 2 x leaking taps to be fixed
- broken bath waste to be fixed
- toilet continuously filling up/discharging water to be fixed
- the oven seal, fan bearings and door handle be fixed (but given how crap it was last night I’m not even sure if fixing those will actually improve the oven a lot or not)

That’s not even starting to talk about the curtains that are broken.

I know the house is old but it’s not cheap at all. I wouldn’t mind if the rent reflected that a lot of stuff wasn’t working properly. But it so doesn’t. Will see what happens, they’ve put a few requests through but so far nothing fixed yet.

28 degrees! Now I’m jealous. :) I’ll swap you bc. You can have my MIL who takes all our appliances and breaks them/makes them smell like moulds dog and I’ll eat my way through the day. Lol

#20 blackcat20

Posted 25 July 2019 - 01:24 PM

Haha grass is always greener right? She randomly cooked a heap of diced potatoes this afternoon for absolutely no reason...they're now in the fridge in case anyone wants a snack...

Wow that's quite a list. Hopefully they start working on it for you.

Edited by blackcat20, 25 July 2019 - 01:25 PM.

#21 Mands09

Posted 25 July 2019 - 01:27 PM

Yeah some of the stuff DH and I could easily fix but it’s the principal of it all being broken when we move in and the exorbitant rent we are paying.

Diced potatoes as a snack. Odd but okay! How much longer till you fly home bc?

#22 blackcat20

Posted 25 July 2019 - 01:43 PM

We leave here for LA on Tuesday then fly home Thursday. Figured we'd need a couple of days just the three of us before we head home.

Yeah I'd be expecting it to be fixed, that's what they're being paid for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.