Due in March 2020 chat #1

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#51 doglover

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:18 PM

MrsMad15- I'm still breastfeeding as well, I recently went down to 2 feeds a day. But will have to start weaning her off the boob in the next few months!

I've only told my husband, I'm planning on telling my mum on the weekend after I get more results on Friday. I've been quite emotional today as I didn't expect to have thyroid issues again :( I might need medication again. Which means 2 hours before food which isn't easy :(
And also abnormal results about my liver.

I really want to tell my mothers group friends that I'm pregnant so they can support me through the next few weeks until 12 weeks but my husband doesn't want me telling anymore until 12 weeks :(

#52 doglover

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:20 PM

Keepswimming- my mum had me when she was 45 years old, she had no complications luckily :) This was 28 years ago!

#53 Mrs*B

Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:57 AM

Hi ladies, nervously joining you all. I have a dating scan on Monday  however I think I'm due around the 12th making me 6 weeks today.

I was hospitalized with hyperemesis last pregnancy so I am really worried this time given I have a toddler to look after. I have had morning sickness the last few mornings but only when I brush my teeth and am hungry so hoping I don't get HG this time.

We haven't told anyone so it doesn't feel real. Are you sharing in creative ways?  

Hope you're all feeling good. I look forward to sharing this journey with you all.

Edited by Mrs*B, 18 July 2019 - 10:15 AM.

#54 Veryclucky

Posted 18 July 2019 - 10:46 AM

Welcome Mrs B, doglover and keepswimming. I love that our little group is expanding rapidly as we all find out.

Mrs B - I'm a fellow HG mum. Have only had slight nausea so far but am only 4+6 today and I am pretty sure with both of my others it started around 7wks for #1 and 5wks for #2 so still time unfortunately fingers crossed

#55 doglover

Posted 18 July 2019 - 10:51 AM

I've been very lucky last pregnancy with my daughter to get no vomiting, only nausea.
So far with this pregnancy, I have had nausea, which isn't fun with a 1 year old! I try and eat or drink water which helps so far!

It doesn't feel real for me yet either, as we aren't telling people until we are 12 weeks and get all of those blood tests back.
We are still thinking of ways to tell people!

#56 moineau

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:15 PM

We bought mugs for my best friends and sisters in law saying "The best people get promoted to Aunties"

And his mother a new charm for her charm bracelet. :)

I have hypermesis with my DD, nothing but hangover like nausea at the moment, esp while and after brushing my teeth!!

Such an odd thing, it's like my gag reflex has diminished. (much to my DH's dismay!!! :whistle: :glare:

I saw my regular GP this morning - He sent me for full bloods incl progesterone levels (although I had to push for these, he says it will likely cause more concern that it's worth, but he will get them done and let me know they are okay, he wont tell me the number because he knows that I will find something to worry about and it's really not a thing if everything else comes back fine)

Referral for a dating scan and he strongly recommended that we do the harmony test (Taking into account - my age, time since last pregnancy, how long it took us to conceive, my anxiety levels and history of late miscarriage) I spoke to my Dh and he said we should do whatever it takes to ensure that 1. the baby is fine and 2. my stress levels are managed.

So I'm going to book in for my scan and that test soon.

Dr recommended we do the HT at around 10 weeks so in the off chance they don't get enough fetal blood out of my blood draw I still have time for the checks to be done at 13 weeks.
Which also means that we will find out the sex (let the disagreements on names if its a boy begin!) Is anyone else getting the harmony test?

I am in two minds about when to book in the dating scan - I am 5+4 today but I know that I ovulated late, the Dr wants me to do it like.. now... (my DH wants to come though to it wont be till at least next Thursday) But I kind of want to wait an extra week so it's more likely that I will hear a heartbeat which will 100% ease my mind.

I also wont get the results of my blood test until next Thursday, I wont cope very well if I have the scan and that isn't great - THEN find out the bloods could have told me that and I wouldn't have had to have gone through the scan.

Thoughts?

#57 doglover

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:28 PM

We will get the harmony test for peace of mind :)

My doctor told us we have to wait until at least 6 weeks pregnant, so we can hear a heartbeat.
We are just getting a few blood tests done for the HCG to make sure it's getting higher in the meantime!

#58 moineau

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:40 PM

I ended up booking it for 2 weeks time. So by LMP it will be 7+4, but most likely 7+1 or 2.

So LIKELY that we will hear a heartbeat.

#59 jadeykiss

Posted 18 July 2019 - 01:04 PM

We won’t get harmony test, haven’t before. I will probably wait til at least 8 weeks for dating scan but it’s so hard to wait I want to go now, but I know it’s best to wait so there will definitely be a heartbeat.

I need to find a creative way to do a Facebook announcement, I wasn’t going too, just tell people we see but we have announced with all others and I get funny about not doing the same things haha.
I want to do a filmed cool announcement for the kids too, my eldest is about turn 8 so she definitely will understand

I want to buy more tests to see if the line is still getting darker but don’t want to waste money.

#60 MrsMad15

Posted 18 July 2019 - 01:19 PM

Welcome newcomers! Wishing you all a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Morning sickness continues here. Even smells trigger vomiting. It’s not fun with two toddlers. But thankfully it seems to pass a bit around 10am so that’s something! I had pretty bad MS with my daughter. I vomited every day until the day I had her. I don’t think it was HG though, just really bad MS. I mainly felt sick in the morning and it would pass my midday. I still consider myself pretty lucky.

I think I’m going to have the NIPT/harmony test. I never had it with my other two and I don’t have any risk factors but I think it’s just something I want to do this time for piece of mind. I don’t want to know the sex though so we aren’t doing it for that. I have booked my dating scan for next week and I’ll be 7+2. I had one around this time with my other two and it was all good so I’m praying that this one goes well. My hubby won’t be home for it so my Mum is going to come with me.

I haven’t felt as bloated the last few days which is nice. I think it was hormonal.

#61 moineau

Posted 18 July 2019 - 01:22 PM

jadeykiss - I POAS yesterday - Just for giggles because I had one left over and there was practically no control line, it's like all the dye went to the HCG line there wasn't any left over for the control one.

I'm not sure we will do a FB announcement - We both have acquaintances on facebook that don't really need to share this with us.

IF we did though.. we have a photo from our wedding with a sign I made saying "adventure awaits us" with my flowers beside it. We used that to announce our marriage (we semi-eloped - As in, the 30 people invited knew it was happening but no one else did)

So I guess I do like the idea of using that but with an ultrasound photo or baby goodness instead of flowers and would be 13+5 on our wedding anniversary (So I actually MIGHT do this and just restrict the audience)

#62 Mrs*B

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:30 PM

Veryclucky I hope you avoid HG this time. Last time I started vomiting at 5w5d and I've just gone passed that (assuming dates are correct) but I'm not holding my breath is won't appear. My parents video call my son every day so I don't think I'd be able to hide the pregnancy this time if I do get HG.

moineau I think it's good that you waited for the dating scan. I've had my referral since my bloods confirmed I was pregnantbut didn't want the worry if not seeing a heartbeat so decided to delay it.  We had the Harmony with our son and will get it again this time for peace of mind. Forbour son's announcement we did mugs for our family that said the same thing. Your FB announcement idea is very cute.

Jadeykiss I feel a bit like you that I need to do something special for this baby because I did with my first. Pinterest was my obsession before my first so I may need to visit to get an idea.

#63 doglover

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:45 PM

I just got a phone call from the doctor saying my thyroid levels are still high so need to take tablets again to control my level :(
These tablets need to be 2 hours before dairy or 30 mins before food
Last pregnancy, I would wake up at like 6am to have the tablet and then go back to sleep :(

#64 MrsMad15

Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:05 AM

Dog lover, I hope you are okay. Health stuff whilst pregnant can be so anxiety provoking but I’m sure you are in the best hands and all will be okay. Always here if you need a chat.

Moineau how are you going with everything? X

Edited by Sandra, 19 July 2019 - 10:26 AM.

#65 doglover

Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:47 AM

I got the tablets from the pharmacist last night and he told me it only needs to be 30 mins before food!!!
Annoying how last pregnancy I had to wait 2 hours 😂
So at least I don't need to lose any sleep overnight just to take the tablets!
Trying to get as much sleep as possible until the next one arrives and then no sleep again 😂

#66 Mrs*B

Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:18 AM

Doglover that is great news that it's only 30 minutes before food. Do you usually suffer morning sickness? I imagine 30 minutes is still a long time if you need to eat to stop the nausea.

#67 moineau

Posted 19 July 2019 - 10:06 AM

Doglover that is great news - I mean, obviously in an ideal world things would be smoother for you in general, but all things considered, that seems like a better outcome than you thought so thanks be to small mercies.

Just do the best that you can with it.

I'm also keen to join a facebook group - But I also would like to keep things on the down low (do kids still say that these days?)

I fully dry retched this morning Multiple times because the d**heads at work decided it was a brilliant idea to put MDF in the fire pit, and all the smoke came into my office and STANK! I went OFF MY NUT at one of the boys... Whoops...

There are days when I miss my full corporate career.. Then other days I realise how much I love being able to tell people to F off and not get in trouble.

I am quite emotional at thee moment - I cried last night at work because one of my regulars was rude to me. He walked off stage, I stopped the song.. Apparently he was coming back for his "big finish" and I ruined it. He told me that I "wasn't doing my job" I told him that wasn't very nice and said I was sorry that I accidentally cut off his song"

10 minutes later he came and apologised for being a w**k.. Apparently everyone he was sitting with (all regulars) told him he was a d*ck and it was uncalled for. Accidents happen.

And I'm trying to deal with my ex husband being nasty to me through our daughter, and I'm really struggling with that. I so desperately want her to have a positive relationship with her dad, but last night I had to terminate their phone call because he put her in the middle of a fight that we are having about him taking her overseas. It's proving to be quite difficult to keep stress levels down!

#68 moineau

Posted 19 July 2019 - 10:14 AM

ALSO!

I'm been thinking we should do a little 'Get to know you' post each? The basics and whatever else you want to share?

I'm 32, Live on the Central Coast NSW. :)

My day job is a contracts administration manager (part time) for a construction company and my night job is hosting karaoke at a few local pubs and clubs, gig as part of a duo as regularly as I can and I also DJ and MC weddings and do calligraphy and special event signs (weddings, baby showers etc)

My DH and I have been married for 2 and a half years, and are eachothers second marriages. We both have daughters from our first marriage and obviously now this pregnancy is our first together.

I played state netball for 6 years and currently coach my step daughters netball team. I love gymnastics, 4 wheel driving, camping and I race BMX (just like Nicole Kidman in BMX bandit HA HA)

I have 2 cats who adore the kids but hate each other

And.. My due date for this bub is on my best friends wedding anniversary - 16th March. :)

#69 doglover

Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:03 AM

I'm 28 years old
Live in South East Melbourne.
I have a casual job but haven't been given any shifts since finishing maternity leave 😂 But luckily I don't need to work
I've been married to my husband 2 and half years and we have a daughter who is 14 and half months!
We have a bird and 2 lizards
We love camping and 4 wheel driving but haven't done any 4 wheel driving since my daughter was born :(

#70 Jasperaliyana2729

Posted 19 July 2019 - 12:56 PM

I’m 22 years old, live on the far north coast of NSW  
I have 2 children 3 and 19 months
I have a contract at a local clothing retail shop.
I’ve been with my partner for 5 years
I played rugby union up until my 6th week of pregnancy until I found out opps!  My due date is on the 1st of March. Praying it’s doesn’t come on the leap day :(

#71 jadeykiss

Posted 19 July 2019 - 01:45 PM

I’m 29 due mid March I think, see what scan says :)
We live in countryish QLD, but originally SA.
I have 3 daughters, one turning 8 next weekend, one 3.5 and one who just turned 2.
I’m a stay at home mum and have been for 5 years, I used to work in child care. I’m studying diploma of counselling so that will keep me busy. Been with my fiancé almost 9 years, might get married one day haha!

Just got my referral from Dr for my midwife so can have the antenatal and post natal care Medicare rebate.
Also had my first class back at group fitness since falling pregnant and that was ok but felt a bit nauseous

Little Dee I messaged you :)

#72 Fourleaf

Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:19 PM

Thanks for the welcome Moineau and Clucky!

Jasper yes one day apart, I also hope it’s not leap day even though that’s my EDD! 1 March is my birthday too but my first came at 39 weeks so I imagine it would be the same for this bub?

I’m 34 yo. My first is 16 months (joined the March 2018 group and they’ve been a good group so look forward to this one too!!) and also still breastfeeding here, with no signs of stopping! MrsMad and doglover do you ladies have a time frame in mind of when to stop/will you continue?

Also in Melbourne. I do some ad Hoc part time work but mostly at home with the little one.

#73 Fourleaf

Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:26 PM

Dog lover I also have issues with having high levels with my thyroid. Had the same thing with my first, I was on thyroxin for the entire pregnancy. So when I had the positive pregnancy test this time first thing I did was get a blood test done. My thyroid level was 4.01 (4 weeks) so I took 25mg of thyroxin daily. 2.5 weeks later it’s gone up to 4.81 (I was about 6 weeks) So I started taking 50mg of thyroxin. Will do a test next week to see how it goes. How’s yours looking?

#74 doglover

Posted 19 July 2019 - 04:10 PM

I got tested as soon as I found out I was pregnant.
It was 6.4
I am taking 50 of the Thyroxine i think daily. Which is what I took last pregnancy. So I'm hoping that will drop the number back down into the normal range.

Since my daughter is only on 2 breast feeds a day now. I'm thinking of dropping the morning feed soon, because she isn't really interested in it that much.
The night feed i think we will be hard to get rid of as she gets really upset if she hasn't had it... But I will stop breastfeeding her before the next one is due!
Supposedly the milk starts to dry up once becoming pregnant? Not sure if thats true or not though!

#75 doglover

Posted 19 July 2019 - 04:13 PM

I got my blood test back today from my HCG levels
On Mondays blood test it was 263 and then on Wednesday's blood test it was 646. So my doctor is thinking I'm around 4 weeks pregnant.
He originally was saying I was 6 weeks pregnant, even after saying I was having very long period cycles! (35 - 41 day cycles)
I'm looking forward to 12 weeks so I can start telling friends and family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.