Due in March 2020 chat #1

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#26 moineau

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:34 AM

Hi Ladies!!!!

Mind if I join in? I got my BFP Saturday 6th at 11 DPO after a  17 month TTC journey. I've had so many negatives in that time, I wasn't even going to bother testing. The 'symptoms' I was feeling were like normal PMS symptoms that I had felt before and convinced myself it could be it, only to be disappointed (tender BB's, tired, spottingfrom 7 to 10 DPO)

But that Saturday I actually really checked my BBT and noticed that it had stayed up - Usually my temps are all over the place, and I chucked after brushing my teeth.. So I thought... I've got one in the cupboard so why not.. low and behold VERY STRONG BFP!

By LMP I am 5 + 2 today, But I ovulated late so I think it's more like 5 exactly today.

I have had slight spotting throughout all of that 4th week (mostly brown, some slightly brighter red, but not actual bleeding) and have booked in with my GP again for full antenatal bloods and dating scan referral this coming Thursday.

my HCG levels at 4 +1 (by LMP) were 105, so slightly low but being that I ovulated late no biggie, and were 275 2 days later at 4+3 (LMP) (YAY!!)

I have a history of miscarriages (this will be my 5th pregnancy, hopefully second child). My GP has been amazing and has said if the spotting continues or I have any issues to go straight in, he will fit me in and do a blood test to ensure the levels are okay and will give me my results over the phone.

I am terrified of another miscarriage. My DD is almost 8 and I haven't been pregnant since her, so I am hopeful - This is also with a different partner, I am older and at a healthier weight. (I was really quite underweight with my previous pregnancies)

MS has hit as of this morning and I am TIRED AS A MOFO.
Luckily, my kids are older (my DD is 8 and my step daughter is 9) you guys with toddlers are CRAZY!!!!

I've also just realised that this is an insanely long post, sorry guys!

#27 Veryclucky

Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:59 PM

Welcome Moineau. I saw you in the TTC thread and was hoping you would come and join us.

What a journey for you. I hope that the MS/tiredness doesn't last too long and you have a super uneventful pregnancy.

We are here to chat whenever you need :)

#28 jadeykiss

Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:22 PM

I’ve told my BFF and also 2 close friends one of which will be my midwife so she is going to order my antenatal bloods and scan. Probably have the scan around 10 weeks I think. It’s so hard to wait though. I have long cycles and always end up measuring a bit behind so expecting I’ll get knocked back a week by the scan.

I just have on and off nausea but it’s pretty milk. Super tired today hoping to nap when OH gets home. I really want to get my eating back on track, I worked hard to lose weight this past year and have spent the last few months undoing that but hoping to try eat my best and stay as active as I can.

Holding off on telling family until after the scan. My brothers expecting his first so just want to let him have his Moment a bit longer.

No gender predictions here, kinda hope another girl just so People won’t be like oh you finally got a boy 🙄. I want a surprise as I’ve always found out and I want to experience a surprise. OH will want to find out but he can work out how he will do that lol

#29 Jasperaliyana2729

Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:29 PM

Veryclucky

Oh no. Hope it just stays like that for you. I must of jinxed myself as I’ve been feeling nauseas all afternoon too 🤢
Have invited parents for dinner tonight. Hopefully I can cook for them without vomiting lol

#30 Jasperaliyana2729

Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:36 PM

Does anyone seem to be getting a belly already?
I can see mine just at night tho. It’s like I’m really bloated but haven’t been eating much at all!

#31 moineau

Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:40 PM

I definitely am.

Not enough to tell in floaty clothes but in form fitting stuff definitely and I can't button my jeans comfortably.

I showed quite early with my last pregnancy too, I looked about 20 weeks at 12 weeks. And around looked around 12 weeks at 8...

I have been bloated too by the end of the day as well but first thing in the morning it's there and hard as a rock

#32 MrsMad15

Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:31 PM

Big emotional day for me as my hubby has just left for work overseas for five weeks and I am going to miss him SO MUCH. He is honestly the best person in the world and it’s always sad to see him go but I struggle to be apart from him even more so when I’m pregnant.

The tiredness has hit me today, I’m practically a zombie and I had two, two hour naps (wtf) and I’m about to go to bed with the kids.

Also wondering if anyone else finds they get more and more anxious with each pregnancy? This is my third pregnancy/baby and I’ve just found myself worrying so much this time. About stupid things too like ‘what if something happens because I’ve had two c sections’ etc. it seems so silly but I can’t help it. I think I’m just exhausted and emotional!

#33 MrsMad15

Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:32 PM

And yes I am definitely popping out by the end of the day. I’d say it’s hormonal blot because I too am hardly eating.

#34 jadeykiss

Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:48 PM

I’m so bloated and was the same last baby, my jeans barely fit which is also cos I gained weight lol I definitely think everything remembers where to pop out once you have had one or more

#35 moineau

Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:53 PM

Mrs mad I literally just did a post about my feelings.

I am 100% paranoid about miscarriage. Im sitting at 1 child for 6  pregnancies ratio at the moment hopefully 2.. But I'm only 5 weeks there is so much that could go wrong. And I don't believe in the 'safe zone' I've lost pregnancies up to 27 weeks.

My GP is happy to work with me as much a she can as far as extra scans/bloods etc.

But I am literally feeling sheer terror. Im expecting something to happen then get cranky with myself for not having any faith in this little babe.

Edited by moineau, 16 July 2019 - 09:29 PM.

#36 MrsMad15

Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:50 PM

Moineau I am so sorry for your losses and I desperately hope this pregnancy is smooth sailing for you. It’s really hard to let go and accept there is nothing that can be done and we just have to keep faith. I’m glad to hear you have an understanding doctor, that is so important. At least you don’t feel like you have to fight for extra scans and monitoring on top of your worries because that would be horrible.

Please vent here as much as you need to. That’s what we are here for!

#37 Fourleaf

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:14 PM

Hi ladies currently sitting at 7 weeks + 3 days. Due date of 29 Feb 2020. Feels like I am miles behind everyone in the feb group so hope you don’t mind me sticking my head in here. I have a 16 month old. I’ve been having some food aversions, can’t work out what to eat. But craving fast food carby stuff! Hope this phase passes soon!

#38 moineau

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:31 PM

If it wasn't a leap year fourleaf you'd be the 1st of March so I feel like we are your gals.

You ladies are going to so sick of my borderline hi polar posts before too long I think!

#39 Veryclucky

Posted 17 July 2019 - 09:21 AM

Welcome fourleaf....happy to have you in here...babies don't follow the calendar :rofl:

Moineau - I can't imagine how hard it must be trying to be positive with your history. Glad your Doc is supportive.

No idea if I am showing at all as I am quite a big lady to start with but I am not trying to suck it in anymore lol. If that means i get a seat on the train even better haha

I had a dentist appt last night and had to tell them as I thought I would be due for xrays. All good though as I forgot we did them last time. I barely made it through a clean and checkup without spewing though. I was having a low key panic attack laying there trying not to be sick and I have a dentist phobia anyway so that doesnt help. I need some fillings replaced and they said to wait until the nausea/morning sickness calms down after first trimester. I laughed and said that both pregnancies I vomited the whole way through. So we will just see how we go when my appt time comes up lol

We haven't told family yet and will be telling my BFF on Sunday when we meet up with her to take our kids to Underwater World for my kids birthdays. Hubby wants to be the one to tell her as he has a plan. He is just going to ask her when they are going drinking as they have a designated driver (was a running joke through my other pregnancies especially after I drove them around on a wine tour at 7mths pregnant when we went away for the weekend together).

#40 moineau

Posted 17 July 2019 - 10:44 AM

HA HA Very Clucky, that's I broke the news to my husband.

I made him a card, drew his car on it and wrote "Did you know that 3 out 4 people use a designated driver? Consider yourself lucky, you have your own personal one for....."

*open card* the next 8 months! I'm Pregnant.

And gave it to him with a bottle of "father" port.

We've been terrible and telling pretty much all the people...
My 4 best friends and their partners know, Dh's mum and sisters and their partners also know, and I have told our neighbours and one of my close friends (who is really good friends with one of my best friends)

One of my other friends picked it straight away, so he knows now too because he asked me outright and I can't lie very well.

It's my birthday BBQ this weekend and I anticipate that Dh will tell his best friends if he can get a moment alone with them too.

I think that it helps me feel like it's all abit more real and might actually eventuate.
I would be comfortable telling the people that know that something went wrong if it eventuates that way.

I woke up at 12:30 last night with the WORST PAINS and I FREAKED.
Turns out I just needed to poo... :huh: :omg: :secret:

#41 Veryclucky

Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:41 AM

Haha, maybe we should make her a card. I can get my 4yr old to decorate it :)

Yeah, most of the people at work know, all the staff at the dentist know and we are only holding off telling family so we can surprise them with the t-shirts and make it a bit special. We will tell our kids in the next week. The 2yr old probably won't understand but my 4yr old will be super excited.

He has been wanting another sibling for ages and he knew we were planning a 3rd. He has already told us they can sleep in their room (he doesn't want to move to his own room), they can have his pram seat (double pram with removable seats) and that we will need to buy a new car seat for them. Soooo cute.

I always feel that if I have something happen, I will need support so don't see the point in holding it in until a certain date.

Moineau - so glad it was just poo pain and nothing more serious

#42 moineau

Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:33 PM

We told our kids already too, and they knew we had been trying. One cried tears of joy (9) and one screamed and jumped up and down out of total excitement. (7)

Our 9 year old wants to share with the baby (once is it sleeping through). She is my step daughter and is only there every second weekend and 1 weeknight so I had told her that when we did have a baby, she will need to share a space but gave her the choice out of sharing with the baby, with my study (which is also where all the toys and the kids TV lives) or her sister (my DD) She chose the baby.

I figured she can always change to the study if she wants to later (which I'm sure she will within the first year or so) But she does have a younger brother at her mums and she is incredibly helpful with him - Basically a built in babysitter for our friends younger kids too. SOO maternal.

I still can't believe how many of you girls have toddlers, I'm so thankful for our large gap in moments like yesterday when I was so run down I needed a nap, or this morning when I was up last night - My DD was up, dressed, had easten breakfast, brushed her teeth and had her school lunch mostly made before I even got out of the shower.

Legends.

#43 Veryclucky

Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:51 PM

Moineau - awww that is so sweet of your stepdaughter wanting to share. And I love that they both were so excited.

#44 MrsMad15

Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:13 PM

Hi ladies, MS was horrible this morning with the absolute worst nausea. Thankfully it passed and I’m feeling okay now. Watching a movie with my 3 year old while my little girl sleeps.

Early pregnancy is so unmotivating!

#45 newlywedandready

Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:41 PM

Sending love to all those ladies with morning sickness.
I'm trying to remember when I last started seeing symptoms. Because apart from a bit of aching boobs and gas! I'm not really feeling anything and I had TERRIBLE MS last pregnancy. My Dr Uncle recommended ginger and Vegemite but a prescription for Zophran was my only saviour!

I am only 4 weeks today! But I did a 4th (!) test last night and got a strong BFP. I have another 3+ weeks till my ultrasound. My Dr suggested I try and make it as close as possible to 7 weeks but I know I ovulated late so I'm making it 7w and 3d. Really want to see that heartbeat. For my first, we had a terribly stressful pregnancy with lots of visits to the ER and more ultrasounds than I can count. I'm trying to tell myself what will be will be. But I'm still nervous.

Edited by newlywedandready, 17 July 2019 - 02:42 PM.

#46 Jasperaliyana2729

Posted 17 July 2019 - 03:03 PM

FourLeaf
welcome, yay. We are due 1 day apart!!

#47 doglover

Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:48 PM

Hi everyone.
I'm between 4 to 5 weeks pregnant.
The doctor thought I was 6 weeks pregnant but we got the HCG back at 263, so my doctor is know telling me, I'm more likely to be 4 to 5 weeks pregnant.
I only got my period back a few months ago, and I had a 41 day cycle and a 35 day cycle, so this is maybe why I'm only 4 to 5 weeks pregnant, as I've been having long cycles.
I have a 14.5 month old daughter. It took 6 months to have her, so we thought we would start last month, and if it took a while again, we would be happy. We didn't expect to get pregnant the first time of trying! I'm in a DIG group for my daughter, which they ended up making a facebook page for it. The DIG group has been so helpful in the last year and during the pregnancy of my daughter. Hopefully this DIG group stays active!!!
I just got my blood results back today. My thyroid levels are high (6.4), so i had to get another blood test to confirm the result, and if its still the same, I have to start Thyroxine. I had the same problem with my first pregnancy :(
I also got weird reading for my liver tests, which is really strange, the doctor did another test today for it, and I will find the results on Friday.
No morning sickness, only a bit of nausea and cramping at night time. So been pretty lucky so far.

#48 MrsMad15

Posted 17 July 2019 - 05:52 PM

Welcome dog lover! My daughter is 16 months and I only had one period before falling pregnant again. We are still breastfeeding and she’s boarderline addicted so I’ve got to start weaning. I’m still in my DIG from when I had my son (he’s 3) and those women have actually become some of my closest friends. I couldn’t do this parent life without them. I did join one with my DD but it wasn’t as nice unfortunately, so I left it.

Afm I am feeling all the feelings today. So emotional. A girlfriend of mine came over today and I told her I’m pregnant again (she’s a midwife) and it actually felt so nice to share it and makes it feel a bit more real. But I’m missing my beautiful husband desperately. Off to cry about it now. Haha

#49 Keepswimming

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:06 PM

Ok I'm in. 5 weeks today, still can't quite believe it. This will be my second, the first is 7.5 and I'm 39 so the stats are against us, but hoping it goes all the way.

Honestly I feel awful already, I'm about 15kg overweight and carry big so think I'm gonna struggle. I also work full time in a phisically active job, lots on the road so it's gonna be hard to hide any morning sickness, and keep up the pace but I have no intentions of letting them know any time soon.

Hope you all are doing well today, and congrats!

#50 jadeykiss

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:13 PM

I’m weirdly not too anxious but then feel anxious about feeling confident. I’ve talked to this baby a lot which I’ve never done before.

I haven’t been feeling too sick today either which I’m trying not to think about it’s still very early. But tired so so tired

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.