**TTC July 2019**

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 rowd

Posted 29 June 2019 - 10:45 AM

Thought I'd kick us off for July. CD2 for me. A little disappointed but my last cycle was much shorter and with a longer LP than the one prior, so I'm feeling much more positive about this next cycle. Not sure if I'll make it to testing in July based on how long my cycles have been, but hopefully.

Good luck to everyone trying in July!

#2 loulou1985

Posted 29 June 2019 - 11:14 AM

Hey. I'm cd14 with a flashing smiley yesterday (still to test today). This is cycle no 2 ttc no 2! Ds is 13 months and took a while to conceive.

#3 onetrick

Posted 29 June 2019 - 01:37 PM

Oh, hi! May as well join this one :) I think we are in the tww, but unsure as cycles have been all over the place! I dont think we dtd at the right time as I have been sick. We might have been lucky, but if not that's why :(
I think this is cycle 3? Maybe 4? Ttc #2, and DS is 14months old.

#4 BeachesBaby

Posted 29 June 2019 - 05:14 PM

I’ll be in this one as well. My second FET was a negative, after my fresh transfer and mmc in late March. I’m feeling positive about my next FET, we’ll be doing a double transfer hopefully in a little over a week, so I’m still early, only cd10 here today!

#5 wanting86

Posted 29 June 2019 - 08:59 PM

I'm join in for July. Missed o day this month so hoping to catch the next egg. Dd just turned 3, she took about 10 cycles to concieve so I'm bracing myself to be here for a little bit (although I know others have had much longer and tricker journeys). Looking forward to getting to know you lovely ladies more.

#6 M2468

Posted 29 June 2019 - 09:48 PM

I'm here - I think I'm around 4DPO.

TTC #1 for approx. 20 months (lean pcos and who knows what other issues). Have first appt with FS booked for early August.

#7 ausfarmerswife

Posted 01 July 2019 - 08:44 AM

I’m in for July on CD7 (I think) I had a MC last month at 6 weeks so let’s see what happens this month.

#8 rowd

Posted 01 July 2019 - 11:23 AM

Hi to everyone who has joined. When are you planning to test M2468?

Sorry for your loss ausfarmerswife. I hope you have recovered well physically and your rainbow baby comes easily.

Good luck beaches!

#9 #YKG

Posted 01 July 2019 - 12:45 PM

I’m back, had AF for 13 days, ended yesterday. I’m usually 6 days, since no sign of abnormalities in any recent ultrasound, also bloods showed HCG of 5 on day 9 of AF, Dr pretty much said early pregnancy loss would be the explanation for elevated HCG & prolonged AF.

#10 mama_j

Posted 01 July 2019 - 04:16 PM

Hey all.
I'm back again too. CD5 here after my first AF following our 2nd MMC & D&C. I'm not hopeful that we will conceive for a few months though. DS1 was a one hit wonder. DS2 was almost 12 months. MMC1 was 18ish months and MMC2 was almost 6 months... So I reckon we will be a late this year conception if at all!!

Babydust to all xxx

#11 M2468

Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:14 PM

@Rowd I usually wait for AF rather than testing - I find it easier to cope with AF, somehow? I once got a faint BFP on a test I did the day AF was due, but when I retested 2 days later the line was gone and AF arrived shortly after. Since then I decided I'd rather not know... :(

Sorry to hear for those who have had losses. Fingers crossed for July!

#12 ausfarmerswife

Posted 02 July 2019 - 02:15 PM

@rowd had the results from my bloods today Body is back to normal (I only mc 1 week ago) dunno if that makes it count as Cd8 or god knows what, will start the opks today, follow the SMEP & drink my magic smoothie concoction that I’ve had both months I’ve conceived first time trying.

Good luck to everyone else.

#13 Peebs

Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:09 PM

Hi everyone!

Tentatively joining in as I'm preparing for my first FET this month but only if my PGS test results come back in the nick of time!  If they do, and we have some PGS normal embies, looks like I'll be having a frozen embryo transfer around mid July.

This is my first round of IVF following 18 cycles of TTC #1 (unexplained infertility).  We currently have 8 embies being PGS tested - hoping for a few good ones!

Good luck to everyone in July xx

#14 wanting86

Posted 02 July 2019 - 10:33 PM

Fingers crossed for many embies and hopeful times ahead with a July transfer pheebs.
What is this magic smoothie concoction you soak of ausfarmerswife? I'd get on board with any extra suggestions that are a little outside the box. When I had my first pregnancy that resulted in an early mc I ate red bean steam buns heaps in the days leading up to O day. After my d&c I tried many months off steam buns before I realised it probably wasn't going to be the magic wand I'd hoped hehe. Was a very yummy couple of months though 😂

#15 loulou1985

Posted 03 July 2019 - 06:20 AM

Think I o'd yesterday on the first day of our honeymoon! Wouldn't that be a cool story to tell later 😃

#16 ausfarmerswife

Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:49 AM

View Postwanting86, on 02 July 2019 - 10:33 PM, said:

Fingers crossed for many embies and hopeful times ahead with a July transfer pheebs.
What is this magic smoothie concoction you soak of ausfarmerswife? I'd get on board with any extra suggestions that are a little outside the box. When I had my first pregnancy that resulted in an early mc I ate red bean steam buns heaps in the days leading up to O day. After my d&c I tried many months off steam buns before I realised it probably wasn't going to be the magic wand I'd hoped hehe. Was a very yummy couple of months though 😂

It’s just a little mix I blended up (dietitian so it’s ok haha) I’ve used it, and I don’t know if it’s coincidence or not but 3 other people who were ttc and after 3 months I gave a blend to and boom that month baby!

But the ingredients aren’t readily available I had to order them all 😂 but I do have ALOT of it still.

#17 wanting86

Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:54 AM

Sounds like you better get drinking those smoothies then hehe

Baby dust loulou would be a wonderful story, although I think any time a baby is made is special no matter how or when. Enjoy you honeymoon, are you away anywhere lovely so I can live vicariously 😜

#18 loulou1985

Posted 03 July 2019 - 10:40 AM

We're in the South island of NZ!

#19 ljp89

Posted 03 July 2019 - 10:24 PM

Hi ladies I’m jumping back in here too.

Month 2 TTC #2, DD is almost 20 months and was far to easy to conceive (second period after having no periods for three years being on depo) so I’m expecting it to take a much longer time this time around. She’s also still breastfeeding morning, evening and overnight so that may be playing with my cycles.

I’m on CD2. Last cycle was 40 days which is super unusual for me, pretty sure I O’d on CD28 or 29 which again is unusual for me. Hoping this month that I can read my body a bit better and catch O when it happens.

Not sure when I’ll be testing. My usual cycle is 28-29 days but I’ve had a couple of short ones and now this long one since getting my period back at 15 months postpartum so who knows really.

Hoping everyone has a short stay here and looking forward to the BFP’s this month has to bring us!

#20 rowd

Posted 04 July 2019 - 05:56 AM

Welcome ljp. I'm also TTC while breastfeeding (10 month old). My cycle has been all over the place, but seems to be improving slowly.

Loulou, what great timing! A honeymoon baby would be lovely.

Peebs, I hope your results come back in time and you get to transfer soon - keep us updated.

#21 M2468

Posted 05 July 2019 - 06:19 PM

How is everyone going?

I've been struggling with my own thoughts this week - it just feels like after 20ish months of nothing, maybe it will never happen for us. Maybe my body just can't do this.

I'm seeing some friends tomorrow who are due later this month (I know they started trying quite a few months after I did) and even though I know I should feel happy for them, I'm dreading it quite a bit...

#22 jane94

Posted 05 July 2019 - 07:28 PM

Hi everyone! This month will be our first one TTC. Currently on CD34 and waiting very impatiently for AF so we can start trying.

We had decided to wait for til after our first wedding anniversary, which was last weekend. So now just waiting for this cycle to be over and we can officially start!

Good luck to everyone :)

#23 moineau

Posted 06 July 2019 - 11:28 AM

Good luck all!!!!

Mama j I really hope your journey is a quick one.

I got my BFP this morning after 16 months.. I tested at 12dpo after brushing my teeth triggered a vomiting episode and brownish spotting through 7 to 10dpo.

I'm quite copy today though - like AF is coming and I'm freaking that it's not a sticky one.

#24 rowd

Posted 06 July 2019 - 12:27 PM

huge congrats moineau! I have everything crossed for you that you are holding youe baby in 9 months.

#25 BeachesBaby

Posted 06 July 2019 - 01:07 PM

m2468 I'm sorry you're feeling like that - I'm on month 19, and started IVF in Feb, with one positive which unfortunately led to a mmc in late March/April. Almost every one of my friends either has a brand new baby, is heavily pregnant, or have a few little ones already. It's really upsetting sometimes, as like you know they all started after me (except one friend whose 3 week old I'm meeting today). Some people are empathetic, like this particular friend I'm seeing today, and some like to remind me I'm "young" (not really), and have plenty of time to have another (I don't want another, I want my baby who died).

It's okay to feel upset about your friends' good luck and fertility while you're struggling wondering if it'll ever happen for you. I go through these feelings daily, and you can only be kind to yourself. You're certainly not alone here, but it really sucks, and I'm sorry you're struggling.

Congrats moineau, that's really exciting! Best of luck for the next 9 months :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.