US political discussion #10

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#1 Chelli

Posted 26 June 2019 - 09:48 PM

New thread time. Link to previous thread is here.

http://www.essential...0#entry18413697

Kind regards,
Chelli

#2 purplekitty

Posted 26 June 2019 - 09:58 PM

Gold.

#3 *Spikey*

Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:16 PM

Bronze

#4 JustBeige

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:50 AM

Marking my spot :)

#5 BadCat

Posted 27 June 2019 - 06:18 AM

Trump on the tv yelling that the leaders of Iran don't care for their people and they're stupid and selfish.

Substitute US for Iran and he's spot on.

It constantly surprises me just how much I hate him.  I hardly ever hate anyone but the first word out of my mouth whenever I see him or think of him is usually an expletive beginning with F.

And his current trophy wife is no better.

Saw a tweet from her the other day asking everyone to join her in caring for children everywhere.  Her husband puts children in cages without so much as basic necessities and she's bleating about helping children? The woman needs to go out and buy some empathy and sincerity instead of b**ching about how Anna Wintour won't put her on the cover of Vogue.

#6 MarigoldMadge

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:00 AM

The man does not have single redeeming quality. Nothing.

I've never seen someone so stupid, his intelligence only based in what's in it for himself, so base, so superficial, so uncaring, so crass, so lacking in basic humanity that you always assume a leader if a democracy to have.

#7 MarigoldMadge

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:11 AM

Over thelast12 hours, he has made a series of comments - on a Fox Business interview, press conference on the lawn and at a rally, which are just horrific.

Everything from alluding to being glad McCain is dead, zero sympathy or empathy in reaction to awful and tragic photos from the Rio Grande, re-writing history, accusing Democrats of endorsing child slavery, ranting about Twitter censoring him(we should be be so lucky), attacking theFes Chair (against all political conventions), Mueller has been acting illegally,...

And so much more.

#8 JustBeige

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:04 PM

And the country wants to vote him back in....

#9 purplekitty

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:06 PM

An Alabama woman whose unborn child died as a result of a shooting last year has been arrested on manslaughter charges in connection with her baby’s death, while the alleged shooter has had charges against her dropped, AL.com reports.
Marshae Jones, 27, was reportedly taken into custody Wednesday after a Jefferson County grand jury handed down the indictment. The charges come six months after Jones, who was five months pregnant at the time, was shot in the stomach outside a Dollar General in Pleasant Grove during an altercation with another woman that police said focused on the unborn child's father.
Jones was hospitalized but the baby did not make it.

https://www.thedaily...ia=twitter_page

#10 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:12 PM

yes i saw that today PK in the Washington Post. I can’t even....

#11 Lunafreya

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:23 PM

Do I have to mention she is black? If she was white I doubt they’d prosecute her.

#12 Ozquoll

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:32 PM

Hard to believe that verdict could survive an appeal. Using the same logic, people who get mugged are at fault for walking down the street 🤦‍♀️. And the implications for rape cases....🤯

#13 IamzFeralz

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:34 PM

Well we all knew cases like that were going to happen, even down to her race as well.

#14 Lunafreya

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:42 PM

We were even told we were overreacting

#15 lazycritter

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:07 AM

Good God, that didn't take long. I knew Alabama was one of the worst states but that's beyond wrong.

I wish my nieces and nephews weren't living there.

#16 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:03 AM

From this article: https://www.theguard...e-marshae-jones

“The investigation showed that the only true victim in this was the unborn baby,’’ said Pleasant Grove police Lt Danny Reid following the shooting, reported AL.com in December. “It was the mother of the child who initiated and continued the fight which resulted in the death of her own unborn baby.”
Ilyse Hogue, president of Naral Pro-Choice America, tweeted: “Marshae Jones was indicted for homicide when someone shot her in the stomach while she was pregnant, ending her pregnancy. They said she ‘started it.’ The shooter went free. This what 2019 looks like for a pregnant woman of colour without means in a red state. This is now.”

How is the woman not a victim in this? Five shots to the abdomen.  We are clearly only vessels to carry a child in.
And the moral judgement- she started it. Sit meekly and don’t disturb anything.

#17 lazycritter

Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:25 AM

See, guns don't kill people,  people  kill people.

>insert sarcasm emoji

#18 kadoodle

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:05 PM

Talibama

#19 Peanut

Posted 28 June 2019 - 03:31 PM

Unbelievable.  America, you are disappearing down the hole.

#20 *Marty*

Posted 02 July 2019 - 04:30 PM

Pulling up a seat

#21 Fahrook

Posted 02 July 2019 - 05:36 PM

Ivanka ������

https://mobile.twitt...074623035449357

What a twit!

Edited by Fahrook, 02 July 2019 - 05:38 PM.

#22 purplekitty

Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:54 AM

(New York)— ICE’s arrestof student and activist Jose Bello—less than 36 hours after Bello publicly recited a poem criticizing the immigration system—is cause for serious concern for all those who support freedom of expression and First Amendment rights, PEN America said today.
On May 15, Bello, 22, was arrested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials at his home in Bakersfield, CA, and placed in detention at the Mesa Verde Detention Center. Two days earlier, Bello read his poem “Dear America,” which critiques U.S. immigration practices, before the Kern County Board of Supervisors.  Bello was previously arrested by ICE in May 2018 but was released on bond in August 2018. Since then, he has spoken at several high-profile anti-ICE advocacy events. The ACLU of Southern California has brought a First Amendment claim on Bello’s behalf, noting that Bello’s arrest mere hours after his poetry reading “strongly indicates” that ICE acted in retaliation against him for his speech expressing views against the agency’s actions.” Within their filing, the ACLU notes that ICE officers allegedly said to Bello upon his arrest: “We know who you are and what you’re all about.”

https://pen.org/pres...-reciting-poem/

#23 Gumbette

Posted 03 July 2019 - 01:46 PM

View PostFahrook, on 02 July 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

Ivanka ������

https://mobile.twitt...074623035449357

What a twit!

I shamefully admit to watching this several times.  It is so cringe worthy it makes me smile every time.

#24 Peanut

Posted 04 July 2019 - 02:09 PM

https://edition.cnn....plan/index.html

Wouldn't it be nice if it dumped on him right when he got up to the lectern for his victory/dictator speech?!

That's petty of me, I know!  :yes:

#25 Lunafreya

Posted 04 July 2019 - 03:07 PM

God taking a p*ss

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.