Bleeding 5w5d

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 ausfarmerswife

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:31 AM

I’m 5w5d and this morning I woke up to cramps and (TMI) blood when I wiped.

I’ve been to the hospital already they’ve taken blood to test my levels etc and I’ll follow up with my gp later today.

I’m so stressed can anyone shed some light if this has happened to them.

#2 Fi Fy Fo Fum

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:08 AM

No help and no experience nut just wantes to saying I'll be sending good vibes to you today.

#3 ckmelb

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:36 AM

Hi ausfarmerswife, I started bleeding right on 6 weeks. Bright red gushes of blood. I had been spotting brown a few days earlier also

I happened to start bleeding while waiting for a progesterone shot at my FS office so they let me have a scan right away (was due to have it the next day). All looked good and got to see bub for first time. I stopped bleeding red but still had brown blood for a few days then brown spots for a few weeks

I am 21 weeks now. Haven't had bleeding since and they don't know what caused it first time around. They did up my progesterone after that as it had dropped but it was a frozen embryo transfer so progesterone needs a bit of a helping hand

Fingers crossed for you that it's just one of those things and it clears up soon

#4 rosie28

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:47 AM

I had bright red gushing bleeding at 5+3, 5+6 and 6+4. Scans on each occasion showed everything was fine (pregnancy sack and pole in the first two, heartbeat in the last one) and no explanation for the bleeding. This is an IVF pregnancy and I did have some progesterone issues but none of the bleeds happened when my progesterone was low, so I remain a mystery. I’m now 17+3 and haven’t had any more bleeding.

Fingers crossed everything is ok!

#5 ausfarmerswife

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:58 AM

Thanks I’m trying to relax and not stress out but god it’s hard hopefully the gp can give me something.

The hospital told me it was too early to do a scan so they just took blood

#6 rosie28

Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:38 AM

They should be able to scan to see the location of the pregnancy. At 5+5 they likely wouldn’t see a heartbeat but should see the pregnancy sack and yolk sack, and perhaps the feral pole. I’d ask for a scan, and say you understand there probably won’t be a heartbeat but that you want to rule out an ectopic.

#7 IamtheMumma

Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:53 AM

Ask your GP for a referral for a scan. They should be able to see something, even if they need to use the "wand". Unlikely to see a heartbeat at this stage so don't be discouraged if there isn't one.

#8 ausfarmerswife

Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:36 PM

I’ve got to have bloods again Monday & they will compare. I have a referal for a ultrasound but the dr said get it if the bleeding gets worse otherwise wait till I see them again Tuesday & after they compare.

Unsure if I should just book in?

Cramps are gone no bleeding onto a pad, just when I wipe it’s there it’s like an egg white consistency but red.

#9 rosie28

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:15 PM

I’d get the scan for your peace of mind.

#10 ausfarmerswife

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:32 PM

Thanks I think I’ll book in for the ultrasound Thursday get the bloods done Thursday & see a dr Friday. Don’t think I can wait withthe unknown until next tuesday

#11 ilovethebeach

Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:19 PM

I had extensive bleeding from 5w to 12w, placenta had slightly come away. Dd is now a very happy toddler!

#12 ausfarmerswife

Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:25 PM

Thanks everyone, but the cramps have ramped back up and I passed a big tissue looking thing. (SORRY TMI)

#13 PhillipaCrawford

Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:29 PM

never apologise for sharing if it helps.
Sorry not to hear a cheerful  update and wishing you all well

#14 ckmelb

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:11 PM

No issues with sharing.

If it helps my SIL passed big bits of what she described as "liver" when she was pregnant with my nephew. She had a scan and he was still there. It's hard to tell without a scan and bloods

#15 rosie28

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:18 PM

I’m so sorry to hear it isn’t looking good, i’ll Still keep my fingers crossed for you.

#16 rosie28

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:19 PM

View Postckmelb, on 25 June 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

No issues with sharing.

If it helps my SIL passed big bits of what she described as "liver" when she was pregnant with my nephew. She had a scan and he was still there. It's hard to tell without a scan and bloods

View Postckmelb, on 25 June 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

No issues with sharing.

Reading this made me remember- I passed three things that looked like liver during my bleeds. They were congealed blood that my OB said had probably been sitting in my cervix for a little while, rather than tissue (sorry, TMI).

#17 ausfarmerswife

Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:36 PM

View Postrosie28, on 25 June 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:

Reading this made me remember- I passed three things that looked like liver during my bleeds. They were congealed blood that my OB said had probably been sitting in my cervix for a little while, rather than tissue (sorry, TMI).

Thanks for the reassurance it was liver like that I passed I’ve passed one larger bit one mini bit. The dr said wait till Monday for more bloods, but I don’t know if I should go earlier it seems like a long wait.

#18 IamtheMumma

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:20 PM

How are you doing today?

#19 ausfarmerswife

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:39 PM

Thanks for checking on me, im Still bleeding passing clots cramping etc I’ll see my gp Tuesday to confirm my bloods are going down But I’m not upset it’s nothing that can be helped. I’ll just try again when possible. Anyone know how long your supposed to wait?

Edited by ausfarmerswife, 26 June 2019 - 08:40 PM.

#20 taters

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:41 PM

Sorry that you are experiencing this, it’s hard.

With my miscarriages I waited to have one cycle then tried the next one. The first time I did this I had another miscarriage, the second time stuck. Good luck xo

#21 Disydo2018

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:17 AM

I’m sorry to hear this is happening to you ausfarmer.

My FS told me that if you have an early miscarriage there’s no reason to wait - I became pregnant again straight after my previous miscarriage with no period or anything between the two. Currently 18 weeks.

Good luck and I hope everything goes well for you.

#22 IamtheMumma

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:54 AM

I'm so sorry.

You don't need to wait. You can start ttc as soon as you want.

#23 Jenflea

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:02 AM

My IVF clinic had me go again straight after my early MC(about 5 weeks pregnant from memory).

Fingers crossed though that everything is ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.