Due in Feb 2020 Chat #1

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#51 Hol83

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:33 AM

Wishing you all the best of luck. I'm out! Off to get bloods done today to check but quite confident this baby wasn't sticky. Love to all xx

#52 msjme

Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:39 PM

So sorry to hear that Hol83. Early pregnancy is so tough.

#53 MessyJ

Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:11 PM

Oh so sorry Hol83 - thinking of you :( xx

#54 DK3000

Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:55 PM

Sorry to hear Hol83, I had similar experience earlier this year. Fingers crossed for you x

#55 lulubear

Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:58 PM

Sorry to hear Hol83 x

#56 LunaTwilight88

Posted 25 June 2019 - 06:54 PM

So sorry to hear Hol83. Take care of yourself x

#57 Terfl

Posted 26 June 2019 - 02:29 AM

Hol83, I'm so sorry to hear. That's just awful!

Ausfarmerswife, are you ok?

#58 ausfarmerswife

Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:52 AM

Terfl, on 26 June 2019 - 02:29 AM, said:

Hol83, I'm so sorry to hear. That's just awful!

Ausfarmerswife, are you ok?

I’m ok, but I’m out had significant bleeding, cramps  & passing tissue since yesterday dr was pretty sure I was misscarrying which is ok, will have some more blood on Tuesday and confirm.

Hopefully I’ll join Due in March. I don’t seem to have an issue getting pregnant. I’ve got 1 DD this is my first MC.

Good luck ladies xx

#59 Terfl

Posted 26 June 2019 - 03:42 PM

Ah crap! I'm sorry, ausfarmerswife! Sounds like you're ok with it but it's still very sad. All the best for you?

#60 lulubear

Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:10 PM

Fx for you ausfarmerswife

#61 LunaTwilight88

Posted 28 June 2019 - 01:43 PM

Hi everyone, I had my dating scan today. As I suspected instead of being 7w4d I’m 6w0d so I need to go back in 2 weeks. Baby had a heartbeat though that she said only just started so was a bit slow at 115bpm

How’s everyone else going? My nausea has hit a high and I’m really struggling to get through each day now.

#62 colray

Posted 28 June 2019 - 05:57 PM

Good sign that you saw the heartbeat Luna! Hopefully the next 2 weeks go fast so you can have some reassurance from the next scan.

I just had my dating scan today- measuring 7+2 which is 1 day extra than I thought and heartbeat was normal. I feel a sense of relief now knowing that there is actually a baby in there and all looks good so far!

Symptoms are okay- I feel quite nauseous for most of the day, but find if I eat regularly it’s managable. Other than that just have sore boobs still.

Hope everyone else is going well!

#63 lulubear

Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:51 PM

I’m really nauseous and struggle most days. Sense of smell is amazing again and I am getting really bad headaches (not migraines thankfully!) My boobs are super sore still. All I want is chocolate, orange juice and fast food chips 🤦‍♀️

I’m 8w tomorrow or 8w3d based on scan.

Have a drs appointment next Friday at 10am.

#64 msjme

Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:57 PM

I had my dating scan as I have some spotting ( have always had it with my pregnancies but it makes me so anxious ). I thought I was 6w3 d based on LMP but measured 6w0d and hr of 119. Hoping that’s ok . With my other two they had hr’s Of around 140 by 6w5 d .

#65 Terfl

Posted 29 June 2019 - 01:02 PM

So exciting for all of you who saw a heartbeat already. I still don't feel pregnant. Other than sore boobs, i have no symptons.... won't have a scan for at least another week when we're back in Australia

#66 msjme

Posted 29 June 2019 - 04:08 PM

Oh you must be dying for a scan terfl  ! I don’t have many symptoms either except for fatigue and some nausea in the morning .

#67 lulubear

Posted 29 June 2019 - 04:52 PM

Have any of you told people? I can’t seem to stop letting it slip - hubby would kill me if he knew!

#68 MessyJ

Posted 29 June 2019 - 06:29 PM

View Postlulubear, on 29 June 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

Have any of you told people? I can’t seem to stop letting it slip - hubby would kill me if he knew!

So far I've only told 2 of my 3 siblings and my best friend! They're mainly the ones who knew we were TTC so asked directly.

So that leaves both sets of parents and hubby's siblings still to tell - but they all live overseas (as are my parents atm too with my other sibling). Hubby has told friends at work but he's waiting till I feel comfortable till we tell his family.

I think I'll wait a little longer tbh... I'm not fussed on which week - but I think it'll just be a time we happen to get a group of them on skype and catch them at a good time.

These last 2 days I've started to feel the nausea come on which even though is mild I just feel really slows me down :(

#69 LunaTwilight88

Posted 29 June 2019 - 08:34 PM

We have told our mums and brothers. I also told my best friend because I couldn’t keep my mouth shut. Still haven’t told our kids. We are a really close family so the people we have told would be ridiculously supportive and understanding if something were to happen.

#70 newseason

Posted 30 June 2019 - 12:10 AM

I’ve told 3 friends. Once I’ve seen a heartbeat (hoping I will on Monday) then I’ll tell mum. She’s not s great secret keeper so I want to know there’s a good chance of it sticking before I tell her ;)

#71 Terfl

Posted 30 June 2019 - 12:25 AM

I have told my mum but only because she asked me directly if we wanted another but told her to not mention it again as it was still so early. I also told 3 of my besties in overseas who knew I was trying and got suspicious that i wasn't drinking.
My boobs are less sore today but i felt a bit nauseous today and had a mild crampy feeling. Trying not to freak out about the lack of boob pain as i remember it being on and off with DS

#72 msjme

Posted 30 June 2019 - 09:14 PM

I have told one good friend who lives overseas . We communicate every day about everything so it felt weird not to tell her . Have told one friend from one of my old essential baby due in groups , as we shared both our first and second pregnancies together both times around so it felt weird not telling her and she is so supportive . My sister told me she was 10 weeks on Thursday and it was so hard not to mention anything ! I’ve had a dating scan which showed me 6w instead of 6w3 d and a heart rate of 119 so I’m not sure if that good or bad or what ! I know the heart rate increases daily so I’m in 6w instead of 6w3d then I guess 119 is ok for that early on 🤷🏽‍♀️

#73 Terfl

Posted 01 July 2019 - 01:20 AM

Msjme, with DS I had a scan at 6 weeks exactly and it was 114. 119 sounds perfectly normal

#74 Lizie22

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:08 PM

Morning sickness has kicked in and I’m not coping very well with a 9 month old to look after 😩 I’ve started zofran but I’ve also got a pretty nasty head cold so it’s all bouncing off each other. How’s everyone else coping?

#75 MessyJ

Posted 03 July 2019 - 08:18 PM

Yeah my nausea is horrible - I don't remember really having it with my first! It's not bad enough I've actually vomited, but all day on and off I just feel queasy and bloated and tired! :sick: :yawn:

I'm learning to manage it a bit with food, but I'm already feeling some food aversions and cravings too so I just hope it doesn't get any worse than this over the next few weeks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.