Due in Feb 2020 Chat #1

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#26 DK3000

Posted 22 June 2019 - 01:10 PM

Welcome and congrats everyone,

Lulubear- I haven’t told my almost 5 yo either. I think we’ll wait till 12 week scan to tell her.

#27 Lily2010

Posted 22 June 2019 - 01:34 PM

Hi Everyone! Im 6w and have also been waiting for this group to open. I have a 2 year old girl. I'm feeling more anxious than with my first pregnancy. I had a bit of a traumatic experience (moreso with the way my ob/midwives spoke to me/handled my labour and recovery). Am very confused whether I should go private again or try public and just a bit fearful how this birth will go.
Hoping to work through my feelings over the next 8 months and feel confident again.

I'm feeling OK physically at the moment, apart from tiredness and a few waves of nausea. I was lucky to not have morning sickness with my first pregnancy, and hoping it's the same this time

Glad to be part of this group and hearing more from you all :)

#28 newseason

Posted 22 June 2019 - 07:45 PM

Lulubear, same haha. I got my positive two weeks ago and have been waiting for the thread to start :)

When are people’s scans/first appts? I see my ob in 8 days. Hoping that with ease some nerves 😅

#29 lulubear

Posted 23 June 2019 - 09:37 AM

@DK3000 I’m not sure if we will wait until 16-20 weeks. I have such a high risk of miscarriage at any point I’m so worried it will happen and I’ll have to explain it to her. She’s beyond excited though!

My dating scan is tomorrow and then my doctors appointment is the 5th July.

I’m nervous for tomorrow as I keep having dreams that I’m having twins and keep worrying about the what if’s. I will probably end up being a high risk pregnancy 😔

#30 ausfarmerswife

Posted 23 June 2019 - 02:13 PM

Lulubear I am also worried I’m having twins! Just a feeling, DD 4 keeps telling me there’s 2 in there!!

Have my drs appt tomorrow to confirm and he’ll likely do a scan? I don’t remember how it works too long ago

#31 LunaTwilight88

Posted 23 June 2019 - 02:23 PM

Hi everyone, I had my first lot of bloods done on a Wednesday hcg was 4600 so my dr was quite happy. Have booked my dating scan for Friday. Should be 7+6 but we shall see.

We haven’t told our other kids yet. I think I’ll wait till 12 weeks.

Edited by LunaTwilight88, 23 June 2019 - 02:25 PM.

#32 lulubear

Posted 23 June 2019 - 05:02 PM

View PostLunaTwilight88, on 23 June 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

Hi everyone, I had my first lot of bloods done on a Wednesday hcg was 4600 so my dr was quite happy. Have booked my dating scan for Friday. Should be 7+6 but we shall see.

We haven’t told our other kids yet. I think I’ll wait till 12 weeks.

I think we have the same DD? 8th Feb? Well I’ll know tomorrow the exact date but off LMP that’s my DD.

My doctor wasn’t worried about my bloods - I was only worried because I wanted to confirm my immunity for certain things due to my job.

#33 Terfl

Posted 23 June 2019 - 05:30 PM

I'm a bit jealous of all of you about to have your dating scans. I'm only just 5 weeks...

Does anyone else not having many symptoms? I just stalked my old DIG for DS to see what my symptoms were back then and I was bloated heaps, had headaches, felt super tired and exhausted... Now I only have sore boobs and every now and then I've got a bit of a dizzy spell. I might be tired but we're in Europe at the moment and I'm still kinda jet lagged and we're at my mum's so she's doing all the hard work with DS, which means I'm pretty chilled. I just feel so normal!

I haven't had the best track record - a MC at 6 weeks before DS and now 2 chemicals since September. I'm also pretty old, which doesn't help me worrying..

#34 MessyJ

Posted 23 June 2019 - 06:30 PM

View PostTerfl, on 23 June 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

Does anyone else not having many symptoms? I just stalked my old DIG for DS to see what my symptoms were back then and I was bloated heaps, had headaches, felt super tired and exhausted... Now I only have sore boobs and every now and then I've got a bit of a dizzy spell.

I have exactly the same symptoms as you! (and I'm 5 weeks tomorrow too) Just the sore boobs and slight dizziness. I mean, I *could* say a bit of bloating and tiredness at a stretch... but really, that's probably no different to any other time! :D

#35 ausfarmerswife

Posted 23 June 2019 - 06:39 PM

View PostMessyJ, on 23 June 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

I have exactly the same symptoms as you! (and I'm 5 weeks tomorrow too) Just the sore boobs and slight dizziness. I mean, I *could* say a bit of bloating and tiredness at a stretch... but really, that's probably no different to any other time! :D

Im the same no symptoms other than sore boobs, I could pretend to be tired so my do would do everything but really I’m fine. I’m 5+3 which I think with DD everything started around 7 weeks so I’m frantically cooking incase I get sick again

#36 newseason

Posted 23 June 2019 - 07:16 PM

Not many symptoms here either. I’m 5+3. Pretty tired and hungry. Boobs a little bit sore. That’s about it :)

#37 Terfl

Posted 23 June 2019 - 08:01 PM

Ah that does make me feel a bit better!

#38 LunaTwilight88

Posted 23 June 2019 - 08:13 PM

View Postlulubear, on 23 June 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

I think we have the same DD? 8th Feb? Well I’ll know tomorrow the exact date but off LMP that’s my DD.

My doctor wasn’t worried about my bloods - I was only worried because I wanted to confirm my immunity for certain things due to my job.

We do have the same due date at this stage. I’m rather skeptical. Both my previous pregnancies I ended up a week off.

As for symptoms I’ve started feeling quite nauseous. My doctor prescribed me Ondansatron which has helped. I’m also really tired. I’ve had a nap the last couple of days which I never do.

#39 lulubear

Posted 23 June 2019 - 08:37 PM

I’m nauseous, bloated and tired. My boobs cannot be touched.

No headaches yet. With my first I had 3 migraines one after the other (they would last 6-8hrs) Wednesday, Thursday and Friday when I was 8w pregnant. Crossing everything that that doesn’t happen again!

Oh and my lovely sense of smell is back too. Woo! 🙄

#40 lulubear

Posted 23 June 2019 - 08:41 PM

View PostLunaTwilight88, on 23 June 2019 - 08:13 PM, said:

We do have the same due date at this stage. I’m rather skeptical. Both my previous pregnancies I ended up a week off.

I was due 9.12.14 with the daughter and she arrived 16.11.14 but we weren’t trying and there was very irregular periods leading up so who knows whether dates were wrong. She also measured 2w ahead from 16w.

I should also mention, she didn’t come out preterm (she was born at 36.6w) and weighed 3.9kgs...

#41 Hol83

Posted 23 June 2019 - 10:51 PM

Hi all!
I'm only 4weeks and 4 days so pretty fresh. Due date is looking like 28th Feb, but I'm sure I'll go over.
I have three sons under the age of 7. We've been trying for this bub for about 7 months.
Looking forward to starting this journey with you all. 😊

#42 ausfarmerswife

Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:45 AM

Anyone else’s mind boggling at the thought of choosing a new car seat?

I’ll be replacing 2 (DD is due for an upgrade) and woah is my mind all over the place 0-4years, 0-8years, 6m-8years, capsules!!! So many options.

For the ladies with other children has anyone used a 0-8years seat?

#43 newseason

Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:48 AM

View PostHol83, on 23 June 2019 - 10:51 PM, said:

Hi all!
I'm only 4weeks and 4 days so pretty fresh. Due date is looking like 28th Feb, but I'm sure I'll go over.
I have three sons under the age of 7. We've been trying for this bub for about 7 months.
Looking forward to starting this journey with you all. 😊

Congratulations!! 2 boys here :) How are you feeling?

#44 LunaTwilight88

Posted 24 June 2019 - 11:43 AM

View Postausfarmerswife, on 24 June 2019 - 07:45 AM, said:

I’ll be replacing 2 (DD is due for an upgrade) and woah is my mind all over the place 0-4years, 0-8years, 6m-8years, capsules!!! So many options.

I will just be buying one for the baby. I’ll be getting a capsule. It was a lifesaver when I had my second so I’ll definitely do that again. My daughter and son are in Infasecure Emerges. They last till 8 but entry is around 2 I believe. My son who is 7 in Dec has nearly outgrown it but he is a big boy. My daughter will likely get to 8 in it. We have a large 4x4 and a large sedan so I don’t need to worry about space and what seats will fit. I’m a car seat hoarder so I actually have an Infasecure Quattro for when the baby outgrows the capsule already.

#45 lulubear

Posted 24 June 2019 - 04:45 PM

View Postausfarmerswife, on 24 June 2019 - 07:45 AM, said:

I bought an 0-8 seat with our daughter and she outgrew it at 2.5 🙄 apparently I make tall babies.

But I’m with you; I have no idea what I want. I don’t want a capsule though as I find them awkward to carry.

#46 Hol83

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:09 PM

View Postnewseason, on 24 June 2019 - 07:48 AM, said:

Congratulations!! 2 boys here :) How are you feeling?

#47 Hol83

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:12 PM

Newseason, sorry totally stuffed my reply haha. Not use to forums! Feeling all good here. I don't get many symptoms, I just feel seedy around lunch time and that's about it. Haven't told my three little men yet, will wait until after 12 weeks as we've previously had a loss and we don't want them experiencing any upset. 😊
How old are your boys?

#48 ausfarmerswife

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:21 AM

Well this morning 5w5d I woke up with cramps and bleeding. I’ve been to the dr already for bloods etcjust gotta wait to hear back.

Anyone experienced anything like this before?

#49 MessyJ

Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:59 AM

View Postausfarmerswife, on 25 June 2019 - 08:21 AM, said:

Well this morning 5w5d I woke up with cramps and bleeding. I’ve been to the dr already for bloods etcjust gotta wait to hear back.

Last pregnancy I experienced that around 7 weeks - I had to have an internal ultrasound but everything was fine! The bleeding was only for 1 day though and not super heavy... they couldn't see much with the ultrasound though - barely a sac.

Hope you hear positive news soon!!

#50 Hol83

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:28 AM

Fingers crossed everything is OK. I started spotting yesterday and last night it was like a normal period and I did a test this morning and it's negative. So mine wasn't sticky this time. I really hope yours is xxxx

View Postausfarmerswife, on 25 June 2019 - 08:21 AM, said:

Edited by Hol83, 25 June 2019 - 11:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.