Due in Feb 2020 Chat #1

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:23 AM

Welcome to your own little section ladies and a HUGE congratulations.

:BFP: :BFP: :babyboy: :babygirl: :babyboy: :babygirl: :BFP: :BFP:  

Enjoy this wonderful journey and I wish you all a wonderful birth.

Please make sure you read this forums rules in particular Facebook, this group is a safe place and inclusive of anyone due in this month.

If you need any help just let me know.

#2 LunaTwilight88

Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:25 AM

Hiya, I guess I’ll start. I got a BFP 2 days ago. We weren’t trying but weren’t doing anything to prevent a pregnancy either. This is our 3rd child. We have a 6.5yo Son and a 4yo Daughter.

I have my first Dr appointment Wednesday to confirm everything. As of my last period it puts my DD as the 8/2/2020. I will be having an Elective C section as I’ve had 2 previous C Sections.

#3 DK3000

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:16 PM

Congrats LunaTwighlight!!!

I’ve been waiting ages for this thread to open!!:) I got my BFP a couple of weeks ago, actually just had my dating scan today, everything measuring perfectly at 7+2, for a Feb 1 EDD.

I have one daughter, almost 5yo, but I’ve had 2 MC’s prior to this pregnancy, so very nervous still.  

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Edited by DK3000, 17 June 2019 - 03:17 PM.

#4 Discombobulatedx3

Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:04 PM

Hey LunaTwigglight and DK3000.
I’m due at the end on Jan and have been in the Jan 2020 group but feel like I’m way behind every one else in there. Hoping I may be able to join in here.

#5 ausfarmerswife

Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:12 PM

I got my BFP yesterday, based on my last period it puts me at around feb 20th.

DD was an emergency c section after a 15hr labour so I’m not sure what will happen this time, last time was rushed and I had so many different midwives through the labour/end that I got pretty stressed because no one was listening to me.

#6 Kez82

Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:14 PM

Hey all! I've been waiting for a thread to open so I pm'd a Mod and requested!

I'm currently 4w5d with baby #2. I have an 11yo daughter and we experienced a miscarriage in January this year. Praying very much this one is a sticky one.

Due date based on lmp is 21st Feb however I'll be having c-section (I'm not allowed to participate in extreme sports due to a history of ruptured cerebral aneurysm - and interestingly giving birth is considered an extreme sport lol) so will be a few weeks earlier.

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all :)

#7 Lizie22

Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:33 PM

Hey everyone! Congratulations! OMG ISNT THIS EXCITING!!
I got my BFP on Thursday and have been dieing to tell people about it 😂

My husband and I have an 8 month old son and are really excited to keep our family growing. I’m petrified of morning sickness as I had HG last time and was practically comatose for the first trimester.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing our journeys together!!

#8 Nat2910

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:35 PM

Hi guys!
I got my BFP last week after 15 months of TTC. I have pcos and have had surgery to remove a polyp.
This was my second letrozole cycle, so imagine my shock!
My due date is 22 feb and this will be my first. I am also scared of ms since I don’t do well with nausea.
I’ve had sore boobs, bloating and mild cramps so far with more period pain cramps today, which scared me a little.
I’m pleased to meet you all and am looking forward to getting to know you

#9 colray

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:52 PM

Hi everyone!

I got my BFP just over a week ago, so I think I’m 5+4, due Feb 13th. We’ve been not trying/not preventing for exactly 12 months and I was diagnosed with lean PCOS in that time. This was my first cycle taking Metformin and it obviously helped me finally ovulate!  
It’s my first pregnancy so I’m excited but nervous. I’m the same as you Nat2910, been having mild and period-like cramps since I found out but I’m trying not to worry!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone :-)

#10 ausfarmerswife

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:53 AM

Anyone else having no2 sh*tting there pants... I don’t know how I feel worried how life will change I guess.

#11 LunaTwilight88

Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:02 AM

Ausfarmerswife - Not no2 but no3 and absolutely crapping myself.

Congratulations everyone else on your BFP’s!

#12 Lizie22

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:50 AM

Ausfarmerswife this is my number 2 and I have no idea how we’re going to cope, especially at night since dinner bath bottle bed is definitely a two person requirement  😂

#13 Kez82

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:17 PM

There's 12 years between my first and this one - I'm absolutely sh*tting myself! Tween and a newborn - argh!

#14 ausfarmerswife

Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:17 PM

View PostLizie22, on 18 June 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

Ausfarmerswife this is my number 2 and I have no idea how we’re going to cope, especially at night since dinner bath bottle bed is definitely a two person requirement  😂

I remember newborn stage where I pretty much was a walking milk machine. WTF do I do with a toddler who demands you play with her 24/7!!

#15 Terfl

Posted 18 June 2019 - 11:40 PM

Hi everyone, cautiously dipping my feet in here. Got our BFP on Saturday (11DPO) and since had repeat blood tests of HCG84 on Saturday and 255 on Monday. My Dr seemed very happy with that.
We're on holiday in Europe now, seeing friends and family - let's see how long we can go before someone questions why I'm not drinking. We've already got a son who's turned 2 a couple of weeks ago. My cycles have been pretty irregular so EDD is around 24/02.
Good luck everyone!

#16 JC 22

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:36 AM

Hi everyone 🙈 can’t believe I’m here again 😊 looking forward to getting to no you all x,, I was in the November group then had a Mc at about 6 weeks so still very nervous but so far it’s not like the last time, as I had spotting from the start but none this time.  

Little bit about me, been ttc for 17 months I have 5 boys one of witch passed away at 6 weeks old with Edwards syndrome in 2017 it was after wee lost him wee new wee wanted 1 more.. Got my BFP on Sunday I’m 4 weeks and 4 days due 21st feb I will be having a c section so probably the week before.  

Symptoms for me so far are heart burn, very tired, light head, sore head and now this past 2 night I feel like my tummy is stretching.

Wee question Do you think the line on a FR should be really dark by 4 weeks and 4 days? It’s just I have gotten a positive on a digital and a few FR’s but the test today is the same as yesterday no darker which made me panic a bit..

Also nice to see some names here that I recognize from the ttc forum xx

Edited by JC 22, 19 June 2019 - 07:39 AM.

#17 DK3000

Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:09 AM

Congratulations everyone:)

Ausfarmerswife- I wasn’t sh*tting myself but now I see everyone else is, maybe I should!!?? :) my due date is 1 feb, and daughter will start kindy the same week, so I’m not sure how that will go!!! Will be glad to be on leave most of her first year of school though...

As for morning sickness, I never felt any with my daughter, this time I feel quite sick unless I eat a lot

Edited by DK3000, 19 June 2019 - 08:13 AM.

#18 LunaTwilight88

Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:38 AM

DK3000 - I am in the same situation. Due on the 8th but due to a c section will be the week before. The week my Daughter starts Kindy and my Son goes back to grade 2. Going to be a very stressful time I think.

My last 2 pregnancies I suffered horrendously with morning sickness. So far I’ve just had a little bit of nausea later in the afternoon so I’m not sure if I should be worried or grateful. I have been having some awful headaches though.

#19 Fourleaf

Posted 19 June 2019 - 05:07 PM

Hi everyone, congrats on all the great news! Im jumping on here tentatively. Haven’t done any bloods yet, but just got my BFP yesterday. I have a 15 mo boy, like Luna we weren’t trying but weren’t preventing either. I have very long cycles (about 5-6 weeks) since they came back start of the year. I’m still breastfeeding atm so definitely nervous about transitioning from 1 to 2 kids!

Edited by Fourleaf, 19 June 2019 - 05:09 PM.

#20 msjme

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:36 PM

Hi everyone , I’m cautiously dipping my toes in here . Got ourbfp last Tuesday , and by LMP this puts us at 5w1d, edd 18/2/20. Have had my initial bloods and a fasting glucose test as I had high fasting sugars in my last pregnancy so wanting to check it all out earlyagajn . This is my 4 th pregnancy and I have an almost 4 yo and almost 2 yo , who are just Devine . I usually have bad MS but none so far this time other than queasiness in the evening and gagging and vomiting when brushing my Teeth! Have myfingers tightly crossed that everything is going ok and adapting scan booked for next Friday due to a previous MC .

Lovely to see so many of you in here and I wish everyone smooth and uncomplicated pregnancies !

#21 MessyJ

Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:41 AM

Hi everyone! We got our BFP last week after 4 months of trying. I'm 37 and DH is over 40 and we have a little boy who's 4.

I'm due I think the 25th of Feb - and I'm glad about the dates now (and that I didn't fall last month) as it means DS will have a month at school to settle in before I'm due and very preoccupied with a newborn!

I'm really not sure what I should be doing next, it seems so long since my last pregnancy! I'm just sitting tight for a bit and I guess I'll ring my GP in a bit and ask to get bloods done to confirm (and check if all my levels of things like iron are ok?)

I don't have any symptoms really, apart from sensitive boobs, so I'm kind of waiting for them to kick in just as reassurance really!

So far I've only told my best friend... Because we waited so long after having my son to try for #2 it just feels really surreal now!

Good to be able to share experiences with you all!

#22 Terfl

Posted 21 June 2019 - 10:20 PM

MessyJ, yeah I'd get a blood test and also a referral for the dating scan at 7 weeks.
I know what you mean about symptons.. I've got sore boobs and started to feel tired in the afternoon but we had a few hectic days with traveling to Europe and now I'm jetlagged and feel generally all over the shop and almost wish I had more obvious symptons to make it feel more real

#23 newseason

Posted 22 June 2019 - 08:24 AM

Dipping my toe in here too.
I’m due Feb 20th. It’ll be baby 3. We have 6&3 yr old boys. Hcg was 1159 on Wednesday. Hanging out for my first ob appt in a weeks time. Can’t help but feel nervous until I’ve seen that flickery little heart beat.
Looking forward to sharing the journey with you ladies 😌

#24 msjme

Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:22 AM

I got my blood results back yesterday , my hcg last week at 4w3d was 789 but I haven’t done a follow up test so 🤷🏽‍♀️. Also rang my
Ob and was told to start aspirin again as per my last pregnancy due to some clotting issues in the placenta with my first . Booked in for scan next week at 6w3d and then ob appt on 23/7 when he’s back from hols . Messyj, my oldest is about to turn 4 also and has been begging us for another baby .

Hope the travelling isn’t too tiring for you terfl but at least you can be guaranteed the time will fly as it always does on hols !

#25 lulubear

Posted 22 June 2019 - 11:44 AM

Hi all! I’ve been wondering when this group would open! I got my BFP back on the 31st May 😱

Currently 7w and have my dating scan on Monday.

Also have a 4.5yr old daughter who doesn’t know yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.