Legoland Malaysia

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 gracie1978

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:48 AM

I got a lot of value searching these forums before we left.

My friends recently stayed at the hotel and weren't impressed.  It was also quite expensive.

We stayed nearby at Afiniti apartments in a great Airbnb and it was about $60 a night and meant we all had our own space and own beds.  It was full of toys and had a washing machine, which we needed by this stage of the trip :)
We have eaten at the cheap places in the mall, e.g the chicken rice shop (avoid KFC) and we bought bread and peanut butter to make toast for breakfast in our apartment.

Even though park entry was expensive, overall this has been pretty affordable.  We are also over breakfast buffet!!

If anyone wants the details of our Airbnb, just message me, our host couldn't have been more accommodating.

#2 Charli73

Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:54 PM

We stayed at Legoland Malaysia for our last night after 9 nights in Singapore and I was very unimpressed... the hotel was totally made for kids not adults and it was not
Somewhere I would ever want to stay again, like a 3 star motel especially after the amazing time in Singapore it was uncomfortable to say the least.

Never again.

#3 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 03 June 2019 - 01:32 PM

View PostCharli73, on 19 May 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

We stayed at Legoland Malaysia for our last night after 9 nights in Singapore and I was very unimpressed... the hotel was totally made for kids not adults and it was not
Somewhere I would ever want to stay again, like a 3 star motel especially after the amazing time in Singapore it was uncomfortable to say the least.

Never again.

what was wrong with the hotel?  We want to stay there with our 3 and 4 year olds, actually they will be 3 and 5 by then, so kid-friendly is good for us.  Is it worth it to be close to legoland?

How was legoland itself? How many days do you think is enough to stay there?  Im thinking 2 days park pass and 1 night at the hotel with late check out, so we can do lots of water parks and have somewhere to get dry.  We are staying in Singapore, so this is just a side trip.

Was there much of a wait to cross the malaysian border?

#4 Kiwi Bicycle

Posted 03 June 2019 - 01:48 PM

With crossing the border, don't go aroung 7.30am to 9.30am and 4.30pm to 7pm as people live in JB and commute into Singapore daily.

#5 can'tstayaway

Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:11 PM

what was wrong with the hotel?  We want to stay there with our 3 and 4 year olds, actually they will be 3 and 5 by then, so kid-friendly is good for us.  

We stayed there with our young teens and 6year old. The 6yr old absolutely loved it. The rest of us suffered through it because we love the 6yr old. It is kid friendly in the sense that noise your child makes won’t be heard over the din of other children screaming. We were relaxed because hey, we were on holidays but I could imagine some people would have been irate with the sounds of crying babies at night coming through the paper thin walls.

It was kinda clean. Nothing to complain about if you don’t look too closely but a stark difference to our 5 star Singapore hotel.  There were lots of LEGO pits everywhere for kids to play in but I was kinda judgy about snotty nosed kids in there and kept my 6 yr old out.

The rooms are themed and my 6yr old loved working through the clues to find the ‘treasure’ that was hidden in our pirate room.

Is it worth it to be close to legoland?

How was legoland itself? How many days do you think is enough to stay there?  Im thinking 2 days park pass and 1 night at the hotel with late check out, so we can do lots of water parks and have somewhere to get dry.  

Yes, I felt it worthwhile staying at Legoland. I think the hotel guests got to enter the theme park earlier than the regular opening time. The rides didn’t start til the opening time but it meant we were first in line.

We only stayed one night so did a quick trip around LEGOland to get our bearings on the first arvo and then went to the water park (included in our deal).  The water park was good after the drive from Singapore. The next morning we went straight into the park and were pretty tired by midday because of the heat. Mr 6 would have happily stayed another few days but would have been doing the same thing over and over. We had dinner in the Italian restaurant at the hotel. It was usual theme park fare - over priced, under delivers and the wait staff were like they were from Fawlty Towers. Well meaning but incompetent. We went for a walk next door (shopping centre) after dinner and realised that’s where we should have had dinner.

Was there much of a wait to cross the malaysian border?

We had our Singapore hotel arrange a car for us. It was a Mercedes people mover so we were comfortable the whole drive without having the kids squished together. Because our driver had a special licence/pass, we got to go in the express lane so we didn’t have much of a delay. I noticed we passed a queue several kilometres long into Singapore but I think it was the start or end of a long weekend so extra busy. Customs was simple with just the passports of our family but I have heard stories of people waiting for over an hour at customs on the bus because if one passenger has a problem, the whole bus has to wait.  We noticed some vehicles get thoroughly searched and our driver said that the Sing govt was clamping down on drug importation. They had been turning a blind eye to foreigner use but the locals were wanting change.

#6 gracie1978

Posted 04 June 2019 - 06:03 AM

We arrived in the evening and the traffic was crazy, took at an extra 30 min.  But not a total deal breaker.  We were there during Ramadan, so it was very quiet, didn't have to queue for anything.

We spent three days there and it was the right amount of time for us, we did two trips to the waterpark on day 2.  Honestly we could have probably done 4 days, DS loved it and wasn't ready to leave.

Our AirBnB was a 4 min walk away.  However we were travelling with one very chilled 4yo, with two kids it might be worth the convenience to be right next door.

We did the buffet at the hotel and honestly wasn't that impressed, I have no idea how the park managed to be so much cleaner than the hotel.

If you have plentry of money and you enjoy lots of kids being around, go for the hotel.  If you want a break from all things Lego each day, and you're on a budget, go for an Airbnb.  I spent the difference in accommodation costs on some lovely clothes for myself from M&S ;)

#7 mandala

Posted 04 June 2019 - 09:45 AM

Staying in the hotel pros:

you can go back to your room for a rest/sleep in the middle of the day when it's too hot - made for a much better experience in the park as you weren't pushing through the day because you couldn't go back in later

at any given time it's not going to be your child who is the worst behaved and embarrassing you

there are lots of other kids for your kids to play with - my kids had a brilliant time making new friends

it's set up for kids - lower sink in bathroom, great rooms with bunk beds, can handle three kids in a room

Staying in the hotel cons:

expensive

buffet=mayhem, also soooo much unhealthy food

expensive

#8 Fossy

Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:11 AM

LM we stayed there with our kids who were 7,5,3,2 and 3 months.  We all loved it, the kids were in heaven!  we found the customer service exceptional, with the same staff on they knew our kids names and would even come and take them to the buffet so we could sit at the table.  The kids loved the novelty factor of all the LEGO themed food, they had a good variety of Asian and western food, something to keep everyone happy.  There’s a huge LEGO our compete with pirate ship and cubby house at check in, amazing for the kids while you check in but you may struggle to get them to leave!
The kids loved the theme parks, the rides are all perfect for young kids. We did one day at the theme park and one at the water park which we thought was a good amount.  It wasn’t very busy so there were no lines for anything.  We hired an air conditioned cabana at the water park which was great as a base, with all the incisions it works out pretty cheap.  Our oldest two were going on waterslides by themselves and the staff would help them with their tubes which was lovely.
We had no wait crossing the border but as others have said we weren’t in line at peak hour.  We crossed in at about 9.30am and crossed back in at about midday.  LEGO land will organise a car to pick you up, the picked us up from our Singapore hotel then dropped us at changi airport. They had 3 car seats installed at our request which was great.
Our kids still talk about how much they loved it. It’s definitely worth doing but yes its very kid focused, don’t expect quiet romantic dinners at the restaurant.  It still fills me with joy how amazed they were by the whole experience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.