Due in Dec chat #1

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#51 400

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:23 PM

MissTR, my heart is breaking for you. Could your dates have been wrong and it’s just too early? I’m crossing every digit that this is the case, I’m so sorry you have to wait in limbo land.

Sending you virtual hugs x

#52 MissTR

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:57 PM

Thanks 400. The next scan is to see if it's grown. My dates could be off by a few days but not 3 weeks, I feel completely hopeless right now. I just want this to be over.

#53 stephc4444

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:23 AM

Oh MissTR I'm so sorry. That is just awful news. I understand that you just want It to be over and know the answer. Big hugs.

#54 400

Posted 13 May 2019 - 04:00 PM

How are you holding up missTR?

#55 MissTR

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:11 PM

Thanks for thinking of me.  Not doing so good, the waiting is agonizing though we've done serial hcg tests and the numbers are dropping so I am confident I already know the answer.  My previous miscarriages were natural, it was sudden but at least over quickly, this is infinitely worse.  I'll bow out of this group.  

I wish you all a very uneventful 9 months.

#56 400

Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:32 AM

My thoughts are with you MissTR. Look after yourself xx

#57 Mackenzie18

Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:40 PM

I’m so sorry MissTR. That’s heartbreaking. Wishing you only good fortune for the future 💜

#58 Mackenzie18

Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:41 PM

So sad to get bad news in the group.  How is everyone else going?

#59 TokyoGirl

Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:05 PM

Had a cold this week, wishing I could have taken something more than Paracetamol. And feeling a bit bloated and gross because I keep snacking all the time to take away the nausea. Blah. How’s everyone else? Only a few weeks until the first trimester is over for some of us!

#60 400

Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:34 PM

I’m struggling badly, to be honest.

I have my allocated annual leave at the moment so we have gone on a “holiday”. It’s the worst experience of my life! Overseas with many planes with an infant, we managed to all get gastro on the first long haul flight and I actually was wishing for the plane to go down to put me out of the hell I was in! I’ve felt like absolute sh*t ever since. DS (11 months) has become super clingy to me and me only and wants to feed constantly. He wakes every hour or two, and won’t settle any other way. I’ve found that feeding when “empty” makes me very, very nauseous (must be a hormone thing) including some episodes of literally throwing the baby to DH to run to puke. I can’t find the food that makes me feel better, I’m always hungry and always nauseous, and so, so, so bloody tired.

Poor DH is up almost as much as me but then has to deal with a useless wife who won’t (can’t) do anything, so he is exhausted, I’m exhausted, the baby is cranky and bored because his parents are exhausted and disinterested, and we are basically just counting down the days until we have to sit with a fidgety baby on a plane again.

Worst holiday ever.

I kept having this “worry” that something is wrong with the pregnancy, since I can’t see it or feel it. I’m not getting a scan til we get back and that will be pre-NIPT, so I’m like, what if it’s not growing? Then I remember how sick I am and feel very silly indeed!!

Sorry for the rant. I hope everyone else is faring better than here!

#61 TokyoGirl

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:34 AM

Oh my god 400 what a nightmare! Gastro is awful enough when you’re home in your bed, I can’t imagine having it on an aeroplane! You poor thing. A holiday with a toddler, especially a clingy one who only wants Mum, isn’t really a holiday hey. Hope you’re at least staying hydrated and the rest of the days go by fast. Hang in there!

#62 400

Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:18 AM

Thanks TokyoGirl. I’ve visited a pharmacy to try and medicate the nausea out of me, FX it improves the situation!

How are you going?

#63 TokyoGirl

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:50 PM

I’m okay thanks 400, just getting over a cold but very grateful that I don’t have gastro!

#64 MissC86

Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:41 AM

Hi everyone,
Just joining this group now! I’m due 02 December (hitting my 12th week today).
First pregnancy, with twins! Naturally conceived, looking to be fraternal as they’re in seperate sacs. Waiting on our harmony results to make sure all is okay. So glad to have found a group in the same boat!
Morning sickness is still around, just nausea which is the worst at night. And headaches, what’s with the headaches?!
Anyway, looking forward to the journey and being a part of this community!

#65 TokyoGirl

Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:01 PM

Welcome MissC86! Wow twins, how exciting! Will you find out the genders or is your harmony test more to check for chromosomal issues?

#66 MissC86

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:16 PM

Thanks TokyoGirl, we are going to find out the genders! Apparently they can still differentiate with twins, work out my blood from both of theirs. Did it mainly for the health reasons. Missed a call from my doctor tonight so should get the results tomorrow!
Who else is doing the harmony test? Do many do it?

#67 Ragdoll01

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:03 AM

I'm doing it! Getting it scheduled for the 1st which would be 12w1d but technically 11w1d cause bubs measured behind on the 6th and 7th week scan. Doing it mainly for the chromosomal issues but are definitely finding out the gender too cause it's free so why not. Apparently the NIPT test is usually only recommended for people who have a high risk factor but my OB generally doesn't like the 12 week NT scan so she recommends it to everyone unless they have issues w/ the cost. I don't have an appointment till the 20th though so hopefully I get some info on the results beforehand.

#68 MissC86

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:44 AM

Ragdoll01, the doctor from the scan clinic just called me and gave the results over the phone? So I don’t have to go back to my GP.
We got 98% result, which I understand is the highest they can give you? What a relief. Good luck to everyone else having it done

#69 purplebutterflies

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:08 PM

Hi all,
Hope I'm not too late in joining the group.
I'm due December 11th, absolutely freaked out about this pregnancy after having an extremely traumatic birth of my now 19 month old.
Hoping this pregnancy and birth goes a lot smoother, although already its been a bit nightmarish with morning/all day sickness and also catching a respiratory virus from my little one that just doesn't seem to want to budge.

Look forward to getting to know you all.
My last EB DIG was amazing and we all still chat...

#70 MissC86

Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:56 AM

Welcome purplebutterflies! Sorry to hear about the morning sickness, tough huh. Hoping this pregnancy is a lot better for you and you feel better soon.

While I’m here, who is finding out the genders? Are you doing gender reveals?

#71 400

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:30 AM

Hi to the newbies! Glad to have you here.

Exciting that we have twins in the group MissC86! What a shock that must have been for you. DS was initially a twin (one sac so high risk, we lost the second one super early at like 8 weeks) and it was a bizarre time, we were so stunned!

Purplebutterflies, I hear you on the all day nausea. This is nothing like my first pregnancy, I’m nauseous all the time, don’t want to eat (with DS I felt amazing just stuffing my face all the time) because even though I’m hungry it seems to make it worse. I hope you have a better experience this time around- we are all here to help you work through your anxieties if you need us :)

With regards to NIPT/gender: I will be doing NIPT and finding out. I catered the idea of not finding out and DH just laughed at me and said “you know we will find out, we can’t help ourselves”. He is right!

ETA: unsure about gender reveal. We did it quite dramatically with DS so probably will be a bit more low key this time around.

Edited by 400, 22 May 2019 - 07:31 AM.

#72 purplebutterflies

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:48 AM

We will be finding out gender, I hate yellow!! haha.
This pregnancy is SO different to my sons, so hoping its a girl!!
I had no sickness with my son and yep, could eat almost anything...
This time round, just feel crap all the time and can barely eat :(
Just out of curiosity, I dont quite get the rules on having a FB group??
My last one through this site had one, makes it so much easier...
Do we have one or not? Are we not allowed to have one?

#73 400

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:18 PM

I’m starting to suspect a girl too given how terrible I feel. I was convinced it was a boy up until about a week ago!

I’m not on FB at all so am biased into the “no” side! From my understanding you are not allowed to arrange it or advertise it from the publicly viewable pages, but you can discuss what you want via PM.

#74 purplebutterflies

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:58 PM

Ok, thank you :)
I just find it easier to check because sometimes you don't get notified when someone replies here.
I didn't get notified of your reply, I just had to come and check.

#75 TokyoGirl

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:23 PM

I also find the social networking site we’re not allowed to talk about much easier to use, but if not everyone is on it that poses a problem! Hmm.
I will be getting the harmony test done but waiting until after the NT scan. Last pregnancy I did it the other way around, got the all clear on the harmony but then high risk of Down Syndrome at the NT which was confusing and caused a lot of anxiety. GP recommended only getting the harmony if they find something at the NT but I’ll do it anyway for the extra peace of mind, and to find out the gender!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.