How do you Coffee?

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Do Coffee? (310 member(s) have cast votes)

How do You Do a Coffee?

1. Flat White (82 votes [26.45%])

Percentage of vote: 26.45%

2. Long Black (24 votes [7.74%])

Percentage of vote: 7.74%

3. Short Black (3 votes [0.97%])

Percentage of vote: 0.97%

4. Black with a dash of Milk (16 votes [5.16%])

Percentage of vote: 5.16%

5. Cafe Americano (2 votes [0.65%])

Percentage of vote: 0.65%

6. Latte (79 votes [25.48%])

Percentage of vote: 25.48%

7. Espresso (3 votes [0.97%])

Percentage of vote: 0.97%

8. Macchiato (8 votes [2.58%])

Percentage of vote: 2.58%

9. Cappuccino (51 votes [16.45%])

Percentage of vote: 16.45%

10. Other that's not here, Comment! (42 votes [13.55%])

Percentage of vote: 13.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Caribou

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:09 AM

So, on a forum I'm reading someone is asking for advice on how many calories in a Flat white made of cream. I was like WTF who does that.

But that leads me to, How do you have your coffee?

Edited by Caribou, 01 April 2019 - 09:57 AM.

#2 seayork2002

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:15 AM

Black and strong

(and my thread of the year! so thanks)

I can handle Moconna instant but I prefer cafe proper long blacks that are thick like treacle

Edited by seayork2002, 01 April 2019 - 09:22 AM.

#3 Jenflea

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:17 AM

Anyway I can get it!

Just not instant or pod.

In summer I like a GOOD ice coffee, made on real coffee, not syrup.

I like a mocha in winter sometimes, I like a dirty chai(chai with a shot of coffee).
I love coffee.

#4 SelceLisbeth

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:21 AM

Strong, soy, other than that, I dont care. As long as it is there. I need it. I want one now. Closest bought coffee to me is so weak its like dirty water. I use sachets at work but I am out, so your thread has made me sad. lmaoooo

#5 Cheesy Sanga

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:23 AM

There's no "all of the above" option?

I usually have a small latte with a double shot. But sometimes have a short black. Other times I'll have a dirty chai.

#6 71Cath

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:32 AM

The saddest coffee in  the world - decaf.  (I'm not really supposed to have coffee at all so sometimes I cheat and have a decaf)

#7 SeaPrincess

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:32 AM

I don’t drink coffee. I love the smell of it, I could sit in a coffee shop all day and smell roasting beans. But I can’t stand the taste of it.

#8 IamOzgirl

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:34 AM

Skinny latte. I struggle with the creaminess of full cream. I need super strong coffee to combate it.

I can have nespresso at a pinch.

Prefer my aeropress if travelling.

Or a good strong cup of milky tea, to instant coffee.

#9 froglett

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:39 AM

Latte, but strong. We use our Otto to make approx 6 million cups a day. Small children = need coffee

#10 seayork2002

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:43 AM

View Post71Cath, on 01 April 2019 - 09:32 AM, said:

The saddest coffee in  the world - decaf.  (I'm not really supposed to have coffee at all so sometimes I cheat and have a decaf)

I was thinking when I first found out I was pregnant 'what the heck am I going to do now?' but Moccona decaf was actually quite good!

(I checked and they said one real one was fine so I did have one normal one a day then the decaf - I still have a decaf sometimes now)

#11 StartledFlamingo

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:45 AM

I ask for for flat white. Therefore I usually get latte. I used to get cranky and scoop off the excess foam, now I've given up.

At work I make my own long with a dash though, so I can have 2 or 3 without using loads of scarce office milk.

#12 José

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:45 AM

i think its spelt cappuccino.

this is coffee we're talking about. its important! lol.

#13 seayork2002

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:47 AM

View PostStartledFlamingo, on 01 April 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

I ask for for flat white. Therefore I usually get latte. I used to get cranky and scoop off the excess foam, now I've given up.

At work I make my own long with a dash though, so I can have 2 or 3 without using loads of scarce office milk.

I see DH grind his teeth when he orders a FLAT WHITE and it comes with chocolate on top of the extra foam

#14 Caribou

View PostJosé, on 01 April 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

I’ll see if I can fix this!

#15 seayork2002

View PostJosé, on 01 April 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

but only before 11

#16 Gudrun

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:48 AM

What milk you may have with it is as much part of the discussion round here.

#17 Caribou

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:49 AM

View PostGudrun, on 01 April 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

What milk you may have with it is as much part of the discussion round here.

Almond here. :ninja:

#18 Soontobegran

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:50 AM

Weak skinny latte.
Some would say I am not drinking real coffee but I don’t care.
Tea drinker here.

#19 seayork2002

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:52 AM

speaking of tea

DH and I like what they call 'builders tea' as in very strong (and my mum)

the IL's have what can only be described is milk with a splash of tea in it

#20 lozoodle

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:58 AM

Skim flat white with an extra shot.

#21 SelceLisbeth

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:58 AM

I actually dont mind my decaf coffees. I cant tell the difference with. The only time I dont love coffee is when I am unwell.

#22 IamOzgirl

Posted 01 April 2019 - 10:03 AM

View PostSelceLisbeth, on 01 April 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

I actually dont mind my decaf coffees. I cant tell the difference with. The only time I dont love coffee is when I am unwell.

I was the same. I drunk decaf for years, thought I was my digestive issue. Turns out it gluten.

#23 Feraldasherie

Posted 01 April 2019 - 10:10 AM

Soy latte, one a day, morning only. I prefer the taste with soy milk, but also I don't need sugar with it.

At work, there is Nescafe, and I might have one in the afternoon, but I don't count it as coffee.

#24 dadwasathome

Posted 01 April 2019 - 10:13 AM

Black, usually espresso, but could be cold drip or pour over. Or plunger if I've stupidly forgotten to buy beans and I'm desperate last Friday morning and pre-ground beans DP uses are all there is in the house.

#25 BreezaH

Posted 01 April 2019 - 10:15 AM

I like to mix it up - mostly between latte, flat white (my cafe knows the difference!) and a cap but sometimes I'll have a mocha or a dirty chai. In summer I love an iced coffee with ice cream.

I'd drink it every day if I could but unfortunately I'm a bit sensitive to it so it's 2-3 a week.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.