Borce Ristevski pleads

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Nobodyelse

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:44 PM

The only decent thing he's done is spare his daughter the trial. I await his sentencing.

https://www.news.com...b340697f99aeff7

#2 Minka1313

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:17 PM

Gosh, that is just so sad.

He has not only destroyed one life but also those of their children and extended family.

I feel so sad for their children, they deserve so much more!

#3 WTFJerk

Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:37 PM

But he’s totes innocent isn’t he?

The guy is total scum

#4 SkeptiHandsOnMum

Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:35 PM

So pleased to hear this - for the family's sake. Him? He can rot in gaol with Pell.

#5 cardamom

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:20 PM

Disgusting piece of scum.

Bad enough that he murdered his wife - unspeakable in itself -  but looking back at all those photos of him at press conferences, at her funeral; arms round his devastated daughter, pleading for information about Karen's disappearance, all the while knowing exactly where she was, that he was responsible for her death.

How could he do that to his child? How could he live with himself? Look her in the eye? Un-****ing-fathomable.

So bloody angry I can barely string a sentence together, and so desperately sad for her daughter. I hope he rots.

#6 raspberry sherbert

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:35 PM

So sad for Karen's daughter. I can't imagine what she is going thru.

#7 cardamom

Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:08 PM

9 years. 9 ****ing years. Eligible for parole in 6, I think I saw.

I am so gddamn furious I can hardly type. Is that all her life was worth?

Rest gently, Karen. You deserved so much better.

#8 surprisebaby

Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:11 PM

Agree, the sentence is a joke. In Brisbane today a man got life for murder. So should Borce.

#9 raspberry sherbert

Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:20 PM

View Postcardamom, on 18 April 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

9 years. 9 ****ing years. Eligible for parole in 6, I think I saw.

I am so gddamn furious I can hardly type. Is that all her life was worth?

Rest gently, Karen. You deserved so much better.

This just makes me so angry. RIP Karen

#10 rainycat

Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:26 PM

So he will be out in 6 years and he didn’t even give her family a bit of closure by saying what happened. What a joke, her poor family and friends must be devastated. And her daughter is estranged from her family.

#11 lucky 2

Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:27 PM

I agree, 9 years of incarceration seems insignificant in response to Karen's loss of life.
I'm sure there were legal reasons for the sentence but it doesn't "feel" proportionate.

#12 born.a.girl

Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:57 PM

I'm pretty surprised by the sentence, too, but if my memory serves me correctly, he pleaded guilty to manslaughter, not murder?

The judge also said there were aggravating circumstances (there sure were), so I'd hate to think how little he'd get if he'd fessed up straight afterwards.

ETA:  Another woman with her murderer's name on her headstone.

Edited by born.a.girl, 18 April 2019 - 12:57 PM.

#13 WTFJerk

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:31 PM

Gosh, I thought he’d get 20.

What a kick in the guts to all those who worked so hard on her case.

#14 skicat

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:46 PM

I'm another one who thought he would get 20 years- the last minute plead for manslaughter to save his skin, never any explaination to her family about what happened and lastly, his ongoing coverup to delay discovery of her body.

To me certainly not an accidental death in the heat of the moment.

#15 71Cath

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:48 PM

Have I misunderstood?  The daughter is standing by her father?

#16 MarciaB

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:55 PM

I just don't understand this!

why is the sentence only 9 years?? (with parole in 6?).  Surely all the lies and deception on top of a manslaughter charge would see more time than that??

I really don't understand our justice system.

Edited by MarciaB, 18 April 2019 - 01:56 PM.

#17 Fresh Start

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:59 PM

View Post71Cath, on 18 April 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

Have I misunderstood?  The daughter is standing by her father?

Yes and she is estranged from Karen’s family. AFAIK she doesn’t speak to the media so no idea why she is standing by him.

#18 WTFJerk

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:59 PM

https://apple.news/A...5SBiX4ISP2kk6PQ

#19 Nomoreboys

Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:03 PM

The daughter, Sarah, provided a glowing character reference for her father and refused to submit a victim impact statement. What was she supposed to do?Who could blame her? What a horrible situation to be put in. How confused and heartbroken! No winners here.
I am gnashing my teeth
Women's lives are worth nothing.
How is this even manslaughter anyway? How was there no premeditation?
10 year mandatory sentences for 1 punch killings...I just can't...

#20 MarciaB

Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:15 PM

View PostNomoreboys, on 18 April 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

The daughter, Sarah, provided a glowing character reference for her father and refused to submit a victim impact statement. What was she supposed to do?Who could blame her? What a horrible situation to be put in. How confused and heartbroken! No winners here.
I am gnashing my teeth
Women's lives are worth nothing.
How is this even manslaughter anyway? How was there no premeditation?
10 year mandatory sentences for 1 punch killings...I just can't...

I feel terribly sad for their daughter.   What an awful predicament to be in and who knows what she has been told by her father and whether any of it is true.

#21 CallMeFeral

Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:28 PM

View Postborn.a.girl, on 18 April 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

Another woman with her murderer's name on her headstone.

Gosh, that's horrific to think of.

This makes me so angry.

#22 born.a.girl

Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:45 PM

View PostCallMeFeral, on 18 April 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

Gosh, that's horrific to think of.

This makes me so angry.

Yep, someone made a comment in either a 'keeping your own name' thread one day, or a thread about Allison Baden Clay's murder, and it really stuck with me.

#23 purplekitty

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:08 PM

The sentence is a joke.

Possibly only 5 years with time served.
The fact that he did not confess until the night before trial should add years.

How much money,labour and trauma for others went into the investigation.

#24 just roses

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:11 PM

View Postborn.a.girl, on 18 April 2019 - 02:45 PM, said:

Yep, someone made a comment in either a 'keeping your own name' thread one day, or a thread about Allison Baden Clay's murder, and it really stuck with me.
I don’t know if I said it in that thread, but i’ve said it elsewhere at least. It makes me sick. And it’s a compelling reason to keep your own name. Divorce is another, of course. My kids aren’t even teens yet, but I make sure my daughter knows you don’t have to change your name. And I make sure my son knows that of a woman keeps her own name, it doesn’t make her any less married or committed.

#25 annodam

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:21 PM

Horrific circumstances, to think her life is worth nothing.
And a big fk you to those Solicitors who represent scum like this man!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.