The name BARON banned!

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#51 casime

Posted 09 March 2019 - 07:34 AM

Awful name.  Don't do it to your child.

I'm also not a fan of virtue names.  I know a Patience who is the least patient person I have ever met.

#52 Sancti-claws

Posted 09 March 2019 - 08:08 AM

True - the Prudence I knew wasn't either!!

#53 ~J_WTF~

Posted 09 March 2019 - 08:52 AM

View PostNobodyelse, on 08 March 2019 - 05:47 PM, said:

It is easy to think that but yet, here we are with an orange fool in the Whitehouse.

View PostFEdeRAL, on 09 March 2019 - 12:27 AM, said:

I’m on Twitter quite a bit. You would be surprised how many LNP supporters are also Trump admirers.

Yer I get all that.... I was just trying to be light hearted and make a joke, obviously it missed its mark.

#54 liveworkplay

Posted 09 March 2019 - 09:35 AM

View PostGudrun, on 08 March 2019 - 03:19 PM, said:

It's a relatively new list and obviously put together by a bunch of people that have no clue about naming history.  

It's really not. Using a title as a name in Australia has not been allowed for a long time.

#55 molinero

Posted 09 March 2019 - 09:42 AM

So now I'm reminded of when I worked in bank call centre and a customer called up to have her title changed from "Mrs" to "Baroness."

Computer said no.

#56 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 09 March 2019 - 09:54 AM

My dad’s cousin in law was very upset when people thought his name was Duke and that he was American rather than Duke being his title.

#57 SummerStar

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:15 AM

View PostMollycoddle, on 08 March 2019 - 09:17 PM, said:

Respectfully disagree. Never ever heard of another person with this name, Trump springs to mind instantly.

I would be in the minority, my first thought was Barron Hilton.

I didn't know trump had a son let alone his name... Have never really paid attention when his name came up to know.

#58 Imaginary friend

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:17 AM

View Postliveworkplay, on 09 March 2019 - 09:35 AM, said:

It's really not. Using a title as a name in Australia has not been allowed for a long time.

I did know a Justice who is now about 20 years old and was born in Australia.

But maybe spelt differently, cant remember

#59 nup

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:18 AM

Go retro and alternaspell: Baryn?

#60 BadCat

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:38 AM

Edited by BadCat, 23 July 2019 - 09:40 PM.

#61 ImperatorFuriosa

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:45 AM

You must be a really boring person irl if you get your jollies from creating a joke post such as this.

#62 HolierThanCow

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:01 AM

Is anyone else thinking, 'I think I'm Barron, Sharon!'

#63 ~J_WTF~

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:06 AM

View PostImperatorFuriosa, on 09 March 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

You must be a really boring person irl if you get your jollies from creating a joke post such as this.

Isn’t that exactly how trolls roll?

#64 Speckle Park

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:37 AM

View Postcasime, on 09 March 2019 - 07:34 AM, said:

Awful name.  Don't do it to your child.

I'm also not a fan of virtue names.  I know a Patience who is the least patient person I have ever met.

I once met a Randy who was aptly named. Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't with the virtue names. Steer clear.

#65 teaspoon

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:44 AM

View PostQuisbySchmoo, on 08 March 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

or Bart. (including the full-stop)

Or just cut to the chase and call the kid Breitbart

View PostSancti-claws, on 09 March 2019 - 07:00 AM, said:

I knew a Baron many years ago, but he was from West Africa (I also knew Prince, Princess, Hopeful and Teaspoon)

well, yes!

#66 Freddie'sMum

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:58 AM

Well I thought of this thread this morning as I was driving along one of Sydney's busiest roads and was confronted with a ute - complete with a huge TRUMP logo on it - along with a map of Australia surrounded by German Iron Crosses.

Don't do it OP.  Name your son something else.

#67 Etta

Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:05 PM

What about Daron? :rofl:

#68 Illiterati

Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:09 PM

Edited by Illiterati, 24 March 2019 - 12:03 PM.

#69 RMackintosh

Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:49 PM

Wow, didn't expect this many responses.

This isn't a joke lol.. I made this account  specifically to ask this question. I didn't even know one of Trumps sons was named Baron. The name is inspired by my favourite basketball player Baron Davis and I think the name just sounds cool (my opinion).

Thanks for the few serious replies. And sorry to cause a little stir in this thread haha.

#70 Gudrun

Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:22 PM

The latest amendments to the Act were made in March 2017, released to the media December 2016.

Titles that had been fine hitherto were no longer.

#71 liveworkplay

Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:25 PM

View PostGudrun, on 09 March 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

The latest amendments to the Act were made in March 2017, released to the media December 2016.

Really,? I'm sure I remember when looking at names for my eldest (15) that titles were not allowed.

#72 laridae

Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:48 PM

View PostGudrun, on 09 March 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

Pretty sure they were in there when I was naming DD1 too, back in 2010.

#73 WTFancie shmancie

Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:01 PM

View PostRMackintosh, on 09 March 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

I think the name just sounds cool (my opinion).

What does your wife think?

#74 Gudrun

Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:34 PM

Specific names were put on the latest list some of which are title names that had gone through previously. There was conversation about it because well people already had some of those names and had never thought anything of it.

#75 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:35 PM

View Postlaridae, on 09 March 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

Pretty sure they were in there when I was naming DD1 too, back in 2010.

Even back in 2005 for me.

I remember back in 1993 a co-worker talking about a friend who wanted to name themselves something which included a title which was banned on that basis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.