Haviana thongs

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Dahlia

Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:41 AM

Hi There
Just wondering if Havaiana thongs are worth the money. I have always gone the kmart/target cheapy for a few $$ however see the havaianas pop up in sales every now and then. I could buy a few cheapys for the price of one set of havaianas therefore just wondering if they are worth it.
Thanks
Dahlia

#2 WTF*A*Lot

Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:00 AM

DD25 reckons they are. She said they feel a bit thicker to her which makes them more comfy. However she wears them everywhere.
Younger DD’s think target thongs are fine for just wearing around the yard and for quickly running in to the shops. They also ‘thong’ each other every now and then to see who gives in first. Very bogan children sometimes lol

#3 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:04 AM

I find they have hard soles that hurt my feet. The narrow straps can also be uncomfortable. They do last though. Mine have lasted years, but I’m not going to buy them again.

#4 Nasty Poobah

Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:20 AM

I love mine -- way more comfy than cheap thongs and have never rubbed between my toes etc.

That said, I've only bought the pairs with the thicker straps as the skinny-strap ones felt really uncomfortable when I tried them on. My foot had to grip them which seemed like a recipe for disaster.

The pair I'm currently wearing came from Aldi at the beginning of summer and were only 9.99. They have lovely coppery straps and are very comfy. Big W have also had them at a similar price in the past (not sure if they still do).

The range is limited in the cheapies and they're almost always the thicker straps but personally I think that's a bonus.

Love my havvies!

ETA: IME the thicker strap versions generally have thicker soles too, which is a bonus.

Edited by Nasty Poobah, 05 March 2019 - 06:33 AM.

#5 BornToLove

Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:26 AM

I really like my havianas as well. I find the soles are a bit denser so last longer than similar from target or big W. I have one pair that has lasted 5 years so worth the cost IMO.

#6 molinero

Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:49 AM

They definitely last a bit longer than $3 thongs.

#7 dadwasathome

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:09 AM

Our dog likes the density of Havianas.....

#8 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:21 AM

I've seen a couple of Havaiana vending machines, one at Broadway shopping centre in Sydney!

Their thicker soles definitely last longer and seem less prone to blow-outs.

#9 ~J_WTF~

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:22 AM

I don’t buy havs but I buy ones the same price.

I wear them everyday and I think they are definitely worth the price.

$20 for 9-12 months wear is pretty good imo!

#10 hills mum bec

Posted 05 March 2019 - 08:42 AM

I'm not a fan of Havianas but DD14 loves hers.  I love my Ipanemas which are a similar price to Havianas but I find them a lot more comfortable.

#11 CallMeFeral

Posted 05 March 2019 - 09:11 AM

Ozsale sometimes has them for $10 or so.

I got some awful narrow ones from them which don't work at all, but their standard ones were quite nice, just a bit less sharp and rubby than my cheapy ones. I got some Ipanema's that are my favourites because they had the extra strap across the top which makes them fit me less flappily, but I haven't seen them on sale for a while.

#12 Ozquoll

Posted 05 March 2019 - 09:15 AM

My Havaianas and my $1.50 Kmart things feel exactly the same to me BUT the colour from the cheap thongs rubs off on my feet, which is not a great look!

#13 Chchgirl

Posted 05 March 2019 - 09:54 AM

View PostFeral Grey Mare, on 05 March 2019 - 07:21 AM, said:

I've seen a couple of Havaiana vending machines, one at Broadway shopping centre in Sydney!

Their thicker soles definitely last longer and seem less prone to blow-outs.

There's one in front of a shop in Surfer's Paradise as well!

Yes, I find them worth the money, I only buy plain ones but they last me years, living in Qld is so darned hot I even wear them in winter!

I do buy $2 ones from big to wear around the house, they definitely don't last but not bothered by that :)

#14 hills mum bec

Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:01 AM

View PostCallMeFeral, on 05 March 2019 - 09:11 AM, said:

Ozsale sometimes has them for $10 or so.

I got some awful narrow ones from them which don't work at all, but their standard ones were quite nice, just a bit less sharp and rubby than my cheapy ones. I got some Ipanema's that are my favourites because they had the extra strap across the top which makes them fit me less flappily, but I haven't seen them on sale for a while.

I get my Ipanemas from Catch, they often have good deals on them.

#15 WTFJerk

Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:07 AM

These are the thongs that are on my feet right now.
https://www.slappasthongs.com.au/

They cost $40 but have arch support, are one piece and are the best thongs I've ever had.  I've worn them to death but they aren't showing any signs of wear.

#16 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 05 March 2019 - 12:26 PM

Best jandals ever.

#17 molinero

Posted 05 March 2019 - 12:35 PM

View PostHypnic Jerk, on 05 March 2019 - 10:07 AM, said:

These are the thongs that are on my feet right now.
https://www.slappasthongs.com.au/

They cost $40 but have arch support, are one piece and are the best thongs I've ever had.  I've worn them to death but they aren't showing any signs of wear.

Hypic Jerk, I also mostly wear arch support flip flops!

When I want to head to the beach and look normal I wear these:

https://www.vionicsh...s/category/199/

Yes, they have arch support....

#18 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 05 March 2019 - 01:26 PM

I prefer Ipanemas. Very comfy.

#19 JomoMum

Posted 05 March 2019 - 01:40 PM

I think they are. Thicker rubber that doesn’t completely compress under your feet and end up flat after a period of wear, and better quality rubber that doesn’t crack over time.

#20 Drat

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:41 PM

Love them. Absolute love them and won't contemplate wearing anything else. I've got pairs that i've had for years. So good.

#21 *bibs*

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:45 PM

Love them.

#22 Charli73

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:46 PM

I love mine, have about 4 pairs and only one pair have broke after about 4/5 years of wearing almost every day.

I find their designs nice, and the thin straps for me seem more comfortable than the wider ones but it’s personal preference.

I’ve bought the ALDI Havaianas and I wonder if they’re the same as they seem a bit tougher on the sole of my foot.

#23 *Ker*

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:46 PM

I also wear Ipanemas. They're much more comfortable than Havvy's.

#24 ShelbyP

Posted 05 March 2019 - 08:22 PM

My havvys brke in a couple years. Ipanemas lasted longer. Rivers cheapies lasted even longer

#25 MrsLexiK

Posted 05 March 2019 - 09:31 PM

I used to and I had some from years ago. I’ve got hammer toes so really can’t wear them all the time like I used and after blow outs I only have two pairs left now. I also noticed they seemed to change the shape slightly and they are not as comfy as previously the size and style I used to buy which was perfect is no longer perfect and the next size up is too big. I’ve also got a pair of ipanema which have a cris cross so more support on my hammer toe. They would easily be 10 years old I think. Much better quality then any pair of havis I’ve owned. Also not one pair of my havis I had from the same time frame is still around (and I reckon it’s more then 10 closer to 13/15 years but not sure either way it’s from a time when I had a huge collection of things mostly havis of so so so many prints!)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.