What are your pets names?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#26 dadwasathome

Posted 28 February 2019 - 11:35 AM

Boston is an almost 5 month old puppy. BIL in Boston MA has a an older dog named Sydney, and we thought the cross-naming was fun.

#27 sunshine_days

Posted 28 February 2019 - 12:16 PM

We have Jemima whos a KIng Charles Cavvie ( we also wanted to call her Matilda, Sophie, Meg but they were neighbours dogs or other names that kids have friends/family of)

And out Ginger cat is Lucy, but that is the name she came with and it suited her so we kept it.

In the past our other cats were Oliver and Micah.

So we do seem to name our pets human names...

#28 sne

Posted 28 February 2019 - 03:15 PM

Our current cat is Colson after the NZ sprint car driver Graham "Skinny" Colson.

Our past cats were Brock after Peter Brock,  and Murphy after Greg Murphy. Both car racers.

#29 lizzybirdsworth

Posted 28 February 2019 - 03:44 PM

We always had blue healers growing up Suzi, Blue, Maggi (after Maggie Doyle on blue Heelers) and current is Chevy. Also had a border collie cross named Toby. He was soooo clumsy and dopey. He was my sisters dog but he adopted my ds1 when he was born and we would always say ds1 was Toby’s pet. Mum and dad also have a kelpie called Kelly.
Horses were joe and freddy

#30 Mamabug

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:18 PM

Rabbits: Fudgy Wudgy Woodle, BunBun and Cinnamon Bun.

Guinea pigs: Peanut and Bon Fromage

Mice: Tigger Mouse and Camembrie.

#31 BadCat

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:34 PM

All the pets I can remember:

Nicky - tabby cat
Smoko - grey cat
Batman - bw cat
Fluffy - grey cat
Tipsy - tabby cat
Topsy - tabby cat
Sukiyaki Sam - tabby cat
Mona Lisa - tabby cat
Blue - blue smoke cat
Lahaina - black smoke cat
Honey - blue smoke cat
Polly - horse (she was already named when I got her)
Sport - golden labrador
Macca - bitzer dog
Arky - great dane X border collie
Loki - tuxedo cat
Zeus - tuxedo cat
Mimas - tuxedo cat
Shadow - black cat
Kyra - tabby cat
Prince - black labrador

#32 It's Percy

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:35 PM

We've just got a new kitten. His name is Kevin.

#33 Dianalynch

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:42 PM

Always human names, Ally and Bronte were a lab and a shepherd.

DS has asthma triggered by pet dander, which is a shame as I'd like a cat, and I have a fondness for the 'netball names' of my childhood - Tanya, Tracy, Kylie and Sharon the cats...

#34 FiveAus

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:44 PM

Mine are mostly human names but some are more suited to pets.

Australian Shepherds: Dusty, Cash, Eden, Charlotte
Finnish Lapphunds: Tyler, Paige
Maine Coon cat: Kate
Burmese cat: Bruno
Dorper sheep: Baaaartholomew (any amount of a's is correct).

I'm rather liking Michelle for my next girl dog at the moment. I have a friend who called her girl dog Nadine.

#35 *bibs*

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:56 PM

Edited by *bibs*, 28 February 2019 - 08:02 PM.

#36 jelly'smum

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:13 PM

Our lab is Rosie.

#37 MeThree

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:26 PM

I love human names on animals, but my naming vote never wins!

Mastiff - Koda
Cat - Oreo
2 bearded dragons - Toothless and Storm
Python - Luna

:)

#38 Jenflea

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:29 PM

This will give away my identity to anyone I know in RL, but I have a cat called Coffee. I didn't name her!

Previous cats have been Katy(Katherine J Puddy cat in full according to my dad), Trixie and Max, all female.

Had a dog as a teen called Schnitzel( breeder named him, he was a mini schnauzer).

#39 TrixieBelden

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:31 PM

Once I said on EB that nobody ever calls their dog my name (Elizabeth) and about four people reported they knew a dog called Elizabeth.

#40 balletmom4

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:41 PM

Belinda and Karen- two black cats.

#41 cardamom

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:52 PM

Two cats - a fluffy grey and white thing called Heidi, and a ginger tabby named Luna.

Both rescues. Heidi was originally a Marilyn and Luna was Fluffy.

I had a shortlist of names for each and found it really tricky to settle on one! Luna was almost a Daisy. Heidi I was tossing up between Juniper and Beatrice.

We don't have any other pets but also name our plants. The big one is Bitey (Simpsons reference). The cactus is Taquito.

View PostJenflea, on 28 February 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

This will give away my identity to anyone I know in RL, but I have a cat called Coffee. I didn't name her!

I was thinking the same thing - my cats' names is probably the most identifying thing I've ever shared on EB :laugh:

#42 AliasMater

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:57 PM

Cocker Spaniel - 4 years old - Roxie
Siamese cat - 11 years old - Cleo
Tabby kitten - 4 months old - Christopher

Previous pets:

Chandler (cat)
Caesar (cat)
Missy (cat)
Gizmo (cat)
Bella (cat)

Big Boy (dog)
Ricky (dog)

#43 CaSPer79

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:52 PM

I am a human name for pets person.

Chloe is a Golden Retriever
Rastis is a Black Lab (DH named him)
Tess is a black and white cat named by my sister who has her mother.
Mishka is a tortoiseshell cat.

Previous dogs and cats have been Kira, Golden Retriever, Oscar, cat, Tigger cat.

#44 Mollycoddle

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:28 PM

View Postcardamom, on 28 February 2019 - 06:52 PM, said:

We don't have any other pets but also name our plants. The big one is Bitey (Simpsons reference). The cactus is Taquito.

Funny you say that lol, we used to have a big happy plant (palm-like thing) on the front porch we called Sideshow Bob as at night it cast a shadow through the glass panel next to the front door that looked just like he was standing there.

#45 ghost_cat

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:50 PM

A friend called her cat 'Taxi' because it was black and white. Great until she had to call it in at night....

Edited by ghost_cat, 13 March 2019 - 09:05 PM.

#46 Oriental lily

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:25 PM

Chocolate Lab Benson
Two cairn terriers Smithy and Ruffles
Black and white tuxedo kitty Maggie ( kids found her as a tiny  feral kitten in the back of our business and in the long grass originally thought she was a Magpie )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.