Due in Oct 2019 Chat #1

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#51 Stara_

Posted 27 February 2019 - 03:35 PM

Elgw are you able to try Losec? I have chronic reflux and am permanently on 20mg a day, had to up it in the last month but worked really well the rest of the pregnancy :D

Ech0 I'm no expert but definitely happy to have a crack at any worries or questions you have xx

Snapdragon that's fantastic news and very lucky you got to hear the heartbeat <3 It's so amazing isn't it!

#52 Elocin88

Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:21 PM

Hey everyone, hope you’re all doing well! I’ve returned from holidays and finally had a chance to read through all your exciting posts.
I’ve had two scans so far. The first was to make sure I was safe to travel and that the baby was growing in the right place. Thankfully it was. But was too small to see anything other than a black blob.
Had another scan upon my return last week and got to see a heartbeat. Heartbeat measured at 158bpm and baby measured 7w5d which was only one day ahead my LMP.
First OB appointment coming up next Wednesday so hoping I get another sneak peek at little strawberry then.
So excited to share this journey with you all.

#53 Snapdragon91

Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:54 AM

w6d5 now and sick for the first time this morning , I thought I was going to be lucky enough to avoid it .. nope lol
Saturday night I went to the bathroom and wiped slightly discoloured creamy discharge,it’s was light brown nearly tan in colour but then nothing like that since ...anyone else familiar with this ?

#54 mskk86

Posted 04 March 2019 - 11:16 AM

Snapdragon, my first ds I had heaps of spotting etc, and did with ds2 as well, but not as much, was all completely normal, but always best to get it checked. In most of my cases it was my cervical erosion or a uti, which is important to be treated.

Oops, pressed submit before ready. I’m so excited, I have my first scan tomorrow, the sonography is FINALLY back from her holiday (I’m impatient haha).

Edited by mskk86, 04 March 2019 - 11:18 AM.

#55 Ech0

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:35 PM

Aww thank you Stara! I’m trying to limit my googling cause I could spend all weekend looking up various pregnancy things, haha (no time during the week!) I’m just too excited.

I’m actually dying to tell people but DH and I are keeping it just to ourselves until after we do a NIPT & end of first trimester scans.

So awesome to see a heartbeat Elocin :) good luck for your next OB appointment.

Sorry, I don’t have any experience with that Snapdragon. Hope all is OK. Maybe check with your doctor just to make sure?

So exciting mskk! Let us know how it goes.

#56 tryagain2

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:24 AM

I've been quiet since I had some spotting and just waiting on dating scan at 7 weeks. All day nausea has kicked in and feeling like crap. Have just asked a question on the pregnancy tips board about if able to take prenatal elevit with Pyridoxine (vit b6) for morning sickness. Wasn't sure if it it's too much vit B?

Bit worried because I think the nausea for so long last time really impacted my mental health and it's ony just started so feel like I have such a long way to go at only 6 weeks 1 day.

Who is planning on finding out the gender? We didn't last time, but thinking I want to this time - maybe make me feel a bit more connected?

#57 Elgw

Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:18 AM

Thank you Stara_ I can ask my gp about losec. Atm its mostly under control with ranitidine and mylanta.
Well done those of you who have had scans already. It's great to have reassurance. My appointment with my gp is soon and I guess she'll refer me for the 12wk scan.
No nausea still. I'm tired but that can be explained by a toddler...
Does anyone have any cravings ? I feel like cheese all the time lol and gravy on everything. This was the same as last time.
Yeah trying again86 I will find out the gender. I find it helped with planning.
Ech0 I told a few friends and I think i regret it ! I told them so they could be supportive and be 'present' in my journey and they are far from doing that. It's very tempting to tell people your news but i did and I'm finding I feel disappointed :(

#58 Elocin88

Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:45 AM

We’ve only told our parents and siblings, my best friend and her husband and our coach at the gym. We’ll be awaiting to tell everyone else until after NIPT and next lot of scans. So around 12 weeks. Been happy with our decision so far.

#59 sarahlaw

Posted 05 March 2019 - 12:12 PM

Hi all, new to the group. Just found out last week and had a dating scan this morning, 7 weeks tomorrow so due on 23rd October. This is my second pregnancy, I have a 15 month old son. I found out at 10 weeks with my son so the extra time of waiting to tell people I’m sure will drive my coo coo this time! Though we’ve told our immediate families and I will tell my PT when I see him on Friday. Look forward to getting to know you all :)

#60 mskk86

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:29 PM

We’ve told a fair few people, but only those who are close to us. Nausea seems to be ramping up, but got a drs appointment this arvo so going to ask for nausea meds.
Dating scan done, 8wks today with a heartbeat of 163bpm. Also got to see it’s cute little spine lol, which she said was early lol. Due Date is the 15th of October

#61 Ech0

Posted 05 March 2019 - 08:01 PM

Hope your next appointment will put your mind at ease tryagain.

We definitely want to find out the gender - apparently an option on the NIPT so should know in a month :o Completely get that others want to wait but I feel like it’d feel more real to me to know it was a little boy or girl. Right now we’re stuck we saying he/ she/ it/ umm/ our little bean.. haha.

I’m dying to tell my mum. I’m her only daughter after lots of boys - she already has heaps of grandkids but I know she’ll be so over the moon me being her only girl. We’re just a bit hesitant to share until we know everything is definitely OK with bub, probably being too cautious, but I think we’ll keep waiting for now. Not too hard to avoid her guessing cause she lives interstate (although we chat every week and I’m always like “oh, no, not much happening here, no news” *gulp*).

I don’t think I’ve had cravings elgw. I guess I have food cravings all the time when not pregnant so I haven’t felt any different, haha. That sucks that people haven’t been supportive! Sorry to hear that :(

Welcome Sarah!

We’re date twins mskk! That’s awesome news about your scan. How did you go with nausea meds at your doctor’s appointment?

#62 nikki_205

Posted 05 March 2019 - 08:04 PM

Welcome Sarah!

I've only told my family and a couple of close friends, hubby has gone and told basically everyone he knows! Now that we've had a dating scan our miscarriage risk is pretty low, a) because it's low for everyone after you've heard a heartbeat, and b) because we did ivf and had genetic screening of the embryos so we know it's a normal chromosome embryo (which is one of the main causes of miscarriage). But still, I thought we should wait a bit longer, although it's already getting hard to hide the belly! Anyone else starting to show?

We moved house yesterday, and I think I overdid it a bit. I vomited this morning and felt headachey and sick all day. Didn't get much unpacking done and I have to work the rest of the week, so we're going to be rummaging through boxes until the weekend.

Elgw, I didn't crave anything with my daughter but I have been uncontrollable craving junk food which I normally don't really eat. I've had KFC a few times already 😂

#63 elawood

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:25 PM

Hi all,
I'm 7.5 weeks now and we have a dating scan next weekend with the MFM - slightly nervous about it as it gets more real (although nothing can really be seen at that stage).

Nausea and tiredness have ramped up and I just found out that my iron stores are low so no wonder I am having trouble getting out of bed.

As for telling people, we have only told my sister and only because she left to go travelling and I wanted to tell her in person.

We are debating telling our parents soon but in our situation, because we don't know if we are even having a baby until 16 weeks, possibly 19, I just can't deal with a fourth round of 'tentative congrats' or inquiries about when my next scan is etc. I know people just want to be supportive, but I think for my own mental health, I need to remain neutral and that is far easier when people aren't catching you off guard and asking you about it.

No idea how I am going to hide a belly for that long, given I am already bloated and feel like I'm showing already.

As for cravings - not really but I do need to eat consistently to avoid vomiting so lots of crackers, lifesavers and smiths original chips.   I did have an urge to have a double cheeseburger from HJs the other day and I never ever eat fast food so maybe that was a craving!

#64 Snapdragon91

Posted 07 March 2019 - 06:49 AM

View Postsarahlaw, on 05 March 2019 - 12:12 PM, said:

Hi all, new to the group. Just found out last week and had a dating scan this morning, 7 weeks tomorrow so due on 23rd October. This is my second pregnancy, I have a 15 month old son. I found out at 10 weeks with my son so the extra time of waiting to tell people I’m sure will drive my coo coo this time! Though we’ve told our immediate families and I will tell my PT when I see him on Friday. Look forward to getting to know you all :)

We share due dates 🤗 last Wednesday I measured 6 wks with a good heart beat ! So e exciting although this is our first .

#65 Snapdragon91

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:19 AM

Anyone else suffering on/off cramping thru out the day? Seems to be my only real side effect other then fatigue and sore boobs .

#66 Claire__

Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:01 AM

Not sure if there were anyone due in November in here but it’s now open! http://m.essentialba.../#entry18345499

Snapdragon: I had on/off cramping with my first , not as much this time around.. but I’m only 5+1..
So much growing and happening in there is very normal!!

#67 nikki_205

Posted 10 March 2019 - 05:56 AM

View PostSnapdragon91, on 08 March 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

Anyone else suffering on/off cramping thru out the day? Seems to be my only real side effect other then fatigue and sore boobs .

If you'd asked a few days earlier, no, but now just in the last few days I've been getting twingimg on and off. Not so painful as to worry me.

Anyone else showing already? With #1 I was this big at 16w, I'm only 9w and really want to hide it from work a while yet!

#68 taters

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:37 AM

Hi everyone :)
Ive been reluctant to post because I have recently had 2 miscarriages. Things are looking much more positive with this pregnancy and im now 8 weeksand have nausea and tiredness which I am actually so grateful for lol. I have a little boy who is almost 1 year old. Due to our previous miscarriages hubby and I have only told my mum and dad. Once we do the nipt test we will tell the rest of our family.

#69 Ech0

Posted 10 March 2019 - 12:00 PM

Welcome Taters. Sorry to hear about your miscarriages. Happy things are looking more positive, even with the nausea etc. Isn’t it weird the things we welcome?? Haha.

Good luck for your scan elawood. It makes sense not to have to put yourself through answering those questions. Take care of yourself.

Snapdragon - early on I felt some really light twinges but doesn’t seem to have happened lately. I think some light cramping is normal but I’m far from the expert as this is baby number 1 for me.

Nikki - I feel like I’ve got a little belly - 8+5 today. Well it feels noticeable to me. I’m pretty slim & normally wear form-fitting dresses to work to show off my waist/ hips (uh oh, I’m going to need some new work outfits soon...) and it seems to be a bit round. But maybe it’s just bloating? I can’t tell, I thought it was too early to show. No idea though.

I’ve felt so exhausted and nauseous this weekend. Had a big nap yesterday, struggling to eat and my light headedness has come back with a vengeance. Maybe payback from trying to be go-go-go with my full time job during the week :’( Cancelled anything I was going to try to do this weekend & just resting.

#70 elawood

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:26 AM

Haha Echo every week I make a list of things I want to do on the weekend and every Friday I cancel it all and do nothing! Although I’m starting to think I feel worse when I lie around the house...but not enough to motivate me to get out and about either. I hate this early stage - I’m not sleeping well either - very restless, hot overnight (it’s been unseasonably humid in Perth) and unsettling dreams. Just have a general sense of malaise.

Nikki I have gotten bigger quickly too, it is my fourth pregnancy I guess. No idea how to hide it for another 8 weeks. I think it is mostly bloat and all the carbs I keep eating.

I wish time would speed up a bit, I’m over it already

#71 Ech0

Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:50 PM

I was wondering if lying around the house made it worse elawood.. At work this morning I felt a bit shabby and light headed but the general malaise started to wear off as the day went on. Thinking maybe getting up early on weekends, eating and staying busy might improve things, however much that sounds horrid as well!

Only a few more weeks until second trimester I guess.

#72 Snapdragon91

Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:11 AM

Anyone dealing with feeling emotionally fragile , crying easily and having zero sex drive ? I was hoping it would come back and praying it does , my husband is feeling extremely rejected .... I don’t know how to deal with it

#73 mskk86

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:00 AM

Welcome Taters. I understand your reluctance, this is my 7th pregnancy with 2 births, 4 (early) miscariages. I comfort myself in knowing that once you have a heartbeat on the scan, your risk of miscarriage drops dramatically :)
My bump is already bigger than my first was at about 30 weeks, so there won’t be much hiding I don’t think, my weight is still the same, but I’ve lost from everywhere except my clothes are tight on my tummy or just flat out don’t fit anymore lol.
Nausea seems to have settled for the most part, but I have some major food aversions happening. Meat, cheese, lollies all seem to make me gag and sick, milo is a no go. I have a gastric bypass, so protein is essential, but this Bub is stubborn haha

Snapdragon- yep, I’m a mess, more so grumpy than anything. Doesn’t help I have 2 sick boys, my eldest (3yo) hasn’t been to school all week, so he’s feeling shut in and they are constantly fighting and arguing for that reason.
Sex drive, I never have any at all in pregnancy. I think most of it is due to paranoia, but my first I was always spotting due to cervical erosion, so I was always too scared.

How’s everyone’s crazy dreams? I always have extreme, vivid dreams in pregnancy, mostly nightmares, but quite a few random/wierd/ nice ones lol.

Sorry for not replying to everyone, I’m on my phone and can’t see all the posts when replying. I have my big scan on the 8th of April, I’ll be just over 13 weeks, I’m so excited for it :D

#74 nikki_205

Posted 14 March 2019 - 12:07 PM

For anyone that has done or is planning to do NIPT/Harmony testing, are you still planning to do a 12 week scan? I'd like to if they check other things, I just don't need the nuchal test etc. I have a gp appointment next week so can ask then, just wondering what others are doing 🙂

#75 elawood

Posted 14 March 2019 - 12:48 PM

View Postnikki_205, on 14 March 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

For anyone that has done or is planning to do NIPT/Harmony testing, are you still planning to do a 12 week scan? I'd like to if they check other things, I just don't need the nuchal test etc. I have a gp appointment next week so can ask then, just wondering what others are doing

100% yes. I have had three NIPTs come back perfectly and then scans that showed our genetic defect (which present as a neural tube defect on a scan.)

My first one was at the 13 week scan - and my GP had told me that this is why a scan is essential along with Harmony/NIPT. You don't have to do the nuchal fold measurement, but anything structural will NOT be picked up in NIPT (unless it's one of three specific trisonmies) and only a scan will show it. Also I know several people who have had missed miscarriages around the 10-12 week mark and that is only picked up in a scan.

The new technology is awesome but there is a misconception that a low risk result means that nothing else can go wrong...and you'd hate to wait until 20 weeks to find out that something isn't right.

But I'm scarred for life now. It's rare that something goes wrong but a good GP would recommend a scan as well. In fact my clinic offers a quick scan first so that you don't spend $500 on a blood test when you've had a missed miscarriage for example.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Ahrefs (1)

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.