Due in Oct 2019 Chat #1

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#26 mskk86

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:12 AM

Hi all, I’m about 6 weeks along due around the 13th I think. This will be my 3rd (7th pregnancy though), I have a 2 and 3 yr old boys. Scan is booked for the 5th of March and I’m so impatient for it haha.
Congrats to everyone :)

#27 Elgw

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:34 PM

Greetings all !
I got a positive test on Thursday and saw my gp today she ordered bloods and I will go back to see her in 4 weeks. This is baby #2. Both conceived via sperm donor.
Looking forward to getting to know you all.

#28 elawood

Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:05 AM

View PostElgw, on 15 February 2019 - 07:34 PM, said:

Greetings all !
I got a positive test on Thursday and saw my gp today she ordered bloods and I will go back to see her in 4 weeks. This is baby #2. Both conceived via sperm donor.
Looking forward to getting to know you all.

View Postelawood, on 16 February 2019 - 09:04 AM, said:

Nice to see you here

#29 elawood

Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:09 AM

Anyone else experiencing what I like to call ‘Hormontions’?
Seriously crying at the drop of a hat (struggles to keep it together walking through a fair at my old primary school. WTF?) then flying into a rage the next minute. DP is loving it

Seems to be my only symptom- oh and insomnia. Have to get up to pee then can’t get back to sleep even though I’m so tired

#30 Elgw

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:58 AM

Hi Elawood and everyone
No Hormontions yet ! I'll expect them later on haha. It feels terrible when you feel out of control with emotions though

#31 Ech0

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:51 PM

Congrats and welcome all!

Yeah, I’m starting to cry a bit over just random things, elawood 😭

Edited by Ech0, 16 February 2019 - 12:54 PM.

#32 nikki_205

Posted 17 February 2019 - 04:16 AM

Hi Elawood (You know me from DIG 2017!)

Yes I've had 2 teary episodes for almost no reason which for me is very emotional. And insomnia is killing me right now, I have no problem falling asleep but I've been waking up around 3 or 4 or 5 every night and then been awake for hours. It's currently 5am and here I am.

Also tiredness, related to insomnia I suppose but hit beforehand.

I've had 3 lots of bloods done to make sure my hcg is rising, and it's all looking good. I have a scan in a week or so. Anyone else having any appointments for peace of mind or otherwise?

#33 Ech0

Posted 17 February 2019 - 08:48 AM

Ugh, yeah, I keep waking up way too early and not being able to go back to sleep - makes the tiredness so much worse.

Awesome your bloods have been good Nikki. How many weeks will you be by your scan? Completely understand appointments for peace of mind.

I had my first dr appointment on Friday but as I’m seeing my obstetrician on Monday she said she’d leave blood tests etc to him so it was over in a flash. According to FF I’ll be 5 weeks & 6 days tomorrow, which may be too early for a heartbeat? The OB wanted to see me ASAP soooo *shrugs* I’d really love to see a heartbeat... would calm me right down. He has the ultrasound equipment in his rooms.

I have drinks for a work friend’s 30th this afternoon and I’m really dreading the comments people will make when/ if they realise I’m not drinking. I suck at lying! I already told the birthday girl I was doing a “dry month” for health and she was either not suspicious or didn’t bug me about it. I got married last year and everyone knows I love kids so it’s the obvious thing... I just would rather work people not suspect pregnancy yet given it’s so early & I haven’t even had a scan!! 😢 I’m going to try sneaking off to the bar alone and ordering a soda water in a short glass with lime... (Although they know I like my white wine so even that will look odd).

#34 elawood

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:22 AM

Ech0 - hot tip for your party. Order a glass of wine, take pretend sips, put it down a lot, empty a bit out when no one is looking or swap with your husband for an emptier glass - it’s just enough not to draw attention to it. I did this at a wedding and eventually filled an empty champagne flute with water and no one noticed. Also my GP said before 6 weeks nothing gets to the baby while the placenta is forming, so a glass of wine won’t do any harm. I think I had half a glass altogether and no one was wiser! If someone tries to buy you another, day you’re driving and only having the one.

#35 Mrs.Bee

Posted 18 February 2019 - 06:44 AM

Elawood - yes I’ve been experienceing a wide range of emotions, crying then flying off the handle over little things.
Nikki_205 and Ech0 - I’ve also had difficulty sleeping, awake overnight to my 4 yr old then unable to get back to sleep and being completely wiped out during the day. I feel utterly exhausted.

I’m having a dating scan tomorrow with our FS, based off dates I’ll be 7 weeks.

#36 Snapdragon91

Posted 18 February 2019 - 06:09 PM

How’s everyones ‘morning sickness’ I’m rolling over in week 5 and so far I’m good?

#37 Ech0

Posted 18 February 2019 - 06:15 PM

Thanks for the tips elawood!! Love it. Unfortunately it was a small group of just 6 of us around a table and husband wasn’t going so figured it would be too hard to empty a wine glass. I arrived a little late so I could order at the bar alone and thought I was getting away with my sneaky soda water & lime... Until my bestie whispered across the table “just drinking water, eh??” with a knowing look from behind her sunnies - I shrugged it off and just said yeah. Then my best guy friend from work leans behind the other guy at drinks to say “hey, I see you’re drinking water?” (Loudly enough). I shrugged it off as “having a dry month” like I told the birthday girl but I’m not sure anyone bought it. I think it went as well as I could have hoped though cause no one pressed it further or asked about it today! Haha, oh well. I did actually drive (and drop people home) so maybe they’ll not think much more of it.

Enjoy your scan tomorrow Mrs Bee! How’s everyone else doing?

I has my first obstetrician appointment today at 5 weeks and 6 days - the scan showed everything progressing perfectly he said, good yolk, sac, all that jazz. Too early for a heartbeat but he said I could come back in a week for another scan if I wanted or leave it a few weeks. I’m probably crazy but it’ll make me feel so much calmer and happy to see a heartbeat so I’m going back next Monday.

#38 elawood

Posted 19 February 2019 - 12:54 PM

[Until my bestie whispered across the table “just drinking water, eh??” with a knowing look from behind her sunnies - I shrugged it off and just said yeah. Then my best guy friend from work leans behind the other guy at drinks to say “hey, I see you’re drinking water?” (Loudly enough). I shrugged it off as “having a dry month” like I told the birthday girl but I’m not sure anyone bought it. I think it went as well as I could have hoped though cause no one pressed it further or asked about it today! Haha, oh well. I did actually drive (and drop people home) so maybe they’ll not think much more of it.

OMG people drive me crazy with this stuff. Everyone knows you hide a pregnancy in the beginning (unless you don't - your choice) but either way, you tell when you want to and I think it's totally sh*t that people 'call you out' on it. I get that people get suspicious and think things but I wish people would keep it to themselves and realise that if someone wants to talk about /announce their pregnancy, they will. Heaven forbid if you want to keep it to yourself because you haven't yet come to terms with it, or you're high risk or even if you would like to tell your parents first or have a  particular lovely way of announcing.  No one ever says anything to me because we've had so many losses, people know better BUT one of my close friends who I happen to work with picked up on a few things I said and sent me an email saying 'hmmm you're very tired and said you're not drinking...I'm suspicious.' I replied back 'Can't talk about it.' FFS!!  Sorry for the rant, people really really annoy me when they pressure us into 'revealing' things we don't want to reveal....clearly my hormones are in overdrive today, I am cranky at EVERYONE!!! :) (My poor students are coping it today, I'm going to have to try reeaalllly hard to be nice. But just looked up Week 5 and realised I'm growing a placenta, a brain and a spinal cord so no wonder I'm stupid tired and cranky!)

No morning sickness yet although I've had some fleeting nausea. It usually kicks in right on schedule at 6 weeks and I need to keep emergency crackers in my drawer until about 9 weeks. Once I projectile vomited in my car after a coughing fit. Who says pregnancy isn't glamorous?

#39 Ech0

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:44 PM

Ya, it’s frustrating Elawood. I think the whole guessing thing comes from what they think is a good place - they’re happy for you and also want to be clever and guess your pregnancy news first - but I don’t think people who haven’t gone through it realise how terrible it is. It only took me five months to fall pregnant but I already started feeling how painful those questions were “oh, are you pregnant?” when I wasn’t drinking in the TWW, and it just made me feel sad and think, I wish, but not yet :(

Plus, I want to tell my parents first! Not work people. And still feel it’s too early for me at six weeks to spill the beans to anyone other than DH.

Hope you’re doing OK today. And that projectile vomiting is not in our future!

#40 rosie28

Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:03 PM

Hello all! I’m actually due in November, but there’s no buddy group yet and I’ll have a c section right on 38 weeks anyway, so bub will arrive more like the middle of October anyway. I have a 5 year old DS and 2 year old DD, and had an early miscarriage last month, so I’m thrilled to be pregnant again. I’ve just had a friend who is a GP drop some Zofran over. I get hyperemesis and it’s turned up today, yuck.

Edited by rosie28, 23 February 2019 - 08:03 PM.

#41 elawood

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:31 AM

Welcome Rosie

I hit 6 weeks on Saturday and bang on cue nausea has started
Have to start the day with my fiancé bringing me a sai in bed, then have to stop halfway to work for emergency second breakfast of toasted ham and cheese croissant. I seem to have given up exercise despite my best efforts. I hate the first trimester.
Getting bloods this afternoon and have to book my dating scan but my GP thinks my due date is 19th October

#42 Ech0

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:29 PM

Welcome Rosie! Sorry to hear you’re so sick.

I’m 6 weeks 6 days today and saw a heartbeat ❤️ Everything is progressing well with bub & bloods all good etc. My first baby/ pregnancy and I swear I’m going to try to be more relaxed, stop being nervous & enjoy it all more now.

Almost passed out standing in the sun for half an hour for work on Friday - had to find some shade & crouch down & hope no one noticed me behaving oddly. Nausea & light headedness is terrible some days and almost gone others.

#43 Snapdragon91

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:28 AM

Anyone else suffering extreme fatigue ?? Going to bed early and going to work feeling like you’ve had a massive night out ? 😩

#44 mskk86

Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:45 PM

Fatigue is crazy, isn’t it? I have a 2 and 3 year old as well, and the 2 year old is going through a no sleep stage which is really not helping.

I have one week until my dating scan and it’s driving me insane. I’ll be between 8 and 9 weeks, which will be good, because I’ll see more, but still, I just want it now lol.

Nausea is worse I’m finding WHILE I’m eating, which is really annoying because I’m basically gagging the whole time I’m eating. Fruit tingles help with the in between nausea.

#45 elawood

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:04 PM

Yes, feel like I've had a super late night when it's 8pm.
And then waking up like I have a hangover which is utterly cruel.

Agreed, fruit tingles are life. I went through half a packet yesterday so keep them in my bag now. Helps me cope with the nausea between first breakfast and second breakfast, when I'm stuck in traffic on the way to work!

Nausea seems to clear around midday which is good, but I feel like I have to be constantly eating to maintain it.

Somehow I think munching on tim tams all morning is not going to do me any favours when I have to wear a wedding dress in December 8 weeks after giving birth!!

#46 Snapdragon91

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:34 PM

I’ll keep fruit tingles in mind as nausea hasn’t hit me as of yet *touch wood* . I have a dating scan tomorrow, fingers crossed we get to hear a heart beat ❤️ (And I don’t fall asleep during it 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️)

#47 Stara_

Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:18 PM

Just wanted to drop in and say hi :D
Due I THINK 20th Oct but having a scan in a week or 2 to confirm. This will be 2nd bub for me, I have a 2year old daughter, already so much lazier lol saw gp last week and still haven't got around to doing even my hcg bloods :p  

Hope the nausea doesn't get any worse for you guys who're suffering :(

#48 Elgw

Posted 26 February 2019 - 07:50 PM

No nausea here yet, but really bad reflux already ! I normally take somac but my gp said stop it. I didnt get morni g sickness AT ALL for my first pregnancy.
Snapdragon91 good luck for your scan tomorrow
Stara_ welcome and yes i feel so much more relaxed 2nd time around.

#49 Ech0

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:25 PM

Yeah, so tired all the time! And hate feeling hungover without any of the fun of drinking. Feels so counter intuitive to snack when feeling gross but it does help the MS.

Desperately want fruit tingles now mskk!

How exciting about your wedding, elawood! What a big year for you. Hope you’re doing OK fitting everything in.

Good luck with your dating scan Snapdragon.

Welcome Stara - I need to take some relaxing advice from second-time mums :D

#50 Snapdragon91

Posted 27 February 2019 - 11:52 AM

All went well, didn’t need a vaginal ultrasound . Picked up heartbeat 112bpm , 6 wks on the dot making my due date 23rd october

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.