Drug Dealing Neighbours

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 HON1965

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:21 PM

Hello, would like some advice on the neighbours directly across the street from us.

We have been at our home for 17 years and they were there before us.  Their home is a rented commission home, which is no problem, but our problem is them.

The mother has 4 sons living there (youngest mid 20's), and various other people that come and go.

Over the last two months, we have evidence of the eldest son dealing drugs.  Cars arrive all times of the day and night, he meets them in the driveway, hands a ziplock bag and they give him something in return which is folds his arms across his chest, looks around, has a brief chat with the person in the car, then goes inside.  We have evidence that there's drugs in the bag and have a pic and video of it.  Sometimes, cars park a bit further up the street and he goes and meets them there. People sit outside of our property on the street and light up bongs and then drive away.

This house has had police visits over the past few years, undercover surveillance police sitting in unmarked cars down the street watching the house, police looking in the bushes in their front yard, etc.  This was before we noticed what has recently been going on.  The eldest son has even been taken away in a divvy van on numerous occasions, but returns to the house after a few hours.

We want to go to the police but are afraid of ramifications as they are quite aggressive but realise that we need to do it.  There is a fairly large retirement community around us as well as young children.

Other neighbours have rung the police anonymously over numerous incidences occurring with that house as well.

Your advice would be appreciated, especially if anyone has been in a similar situation and how it was dealt with.

Many thanks.

#2 Brrrroooce!

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:27 PM

Call crimestoppers, it's anonymous. In my experience, not much will be done, so don't let the fear of retribution stop you. If the neighbours accuse you of anything, just deny it. If your property is damaged (or you feel it may be) install security cameras. Good luck.

#3 Funwith3

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:29 PM

They’ll have no proof it was you who rang police.

#4 HON1965

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:31 PM

Thanks, we did call Crimestoppers on Sunday and and lodged a report but they did tell us to let our local police know.  The neighbours have told us that our local police station doesn't do much.

#5 No Drama Please

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:33 PM

Police assistance line 131 444

Edited by No Drama Please, 10 January 2019 - 01:34 PM.

#6 Nanns

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:34 PM

I would call but don't have high expectations. Maybe called Dept of Housing as well and report them also.

I would def install cameras around the house and up security levels.

#7 Nanns

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:38 PM

I will add that I once lived next to a boarding house and some of the tenants would drop their syringes in our yard.

I ran a hardcore community campaign at every level of government and finding every law or town planning issue or safety to involve as many government departments.

The owner knew it was us.

In the end nothing happened at all. Absolutely nothing. We just built a bigger fence.

Eventually the owner died from a stroke and the house was restored to a family home. We were long gone by then.

I understand your frustration.

#8 IamzFeralz

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:43 PM

This happened in our old street. The dealers were a young couple with lots of children.  In the end, they must have run foul of their bosses because they pretended to move interstate but just shifted locally.

Dealers eventually move on. It’s not exactly a stable career.

I never saw the police.

#9 Nobodyelse

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:47 PM

We had hard drug dealers two doors down, ice and the like. They used to hide it for drops in the vacant house between us and then parked a crappy car by our house to hide the drugs in. Addicts would lean on our fence as they waited for their guy.

One night the house was raided and the guy arrested in spectacular fashion. He went to jail for about ten months - including remand and court - then was back home and back to dealing drugs almost immediately.

#10 HON1965

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:56 PM

We have enough evidence, various pics and videos of the deals.  It's very obvious when you see it and in fact one video shows what's in the bag and the guy sitting in the car opening the bag and sniffing it.  I have just rung the police and they seemed very interested.  They have a file a mile long on this house so I guess they are just waiting for something concrete.

I will put all of it on an USB stick and drop it by the station tomorrow and hope that they act on it.

I hate to say it, but I don't have much faith in our local police as few neighbours have contacted them for other horrible things that were going on there and nothing was done.

#11 FloralArrangement

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:01 PM

Have had the same. Be prepared for a raid of their house at some point. Contact the police and ask what is the best for you to do? If it ramps up a police presence will occur around the house.

#12 notsonewone

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:37 PM

Ignore it.  The police are aware of them, you’ve called crime stoppers. Just live your life.  He’ll eventually get caught, do time, then go straight back to doing it.

If it’s not affecting you directly, just ignore it.  He will be doing either all he knows, or the best he can.  Don’t imagine it to be some big time drug supply.  He’s a petty crim and you are making a big deal over nothing.

#13 seayork2002

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:42 PM

You have reported it, unless you are being effected by noise, dangerous items left around, being harassed by people etc. then do nothing else

(added - it has been reported by others? if that is correct then either call them yourself or crime stoppers then do nothing else)

Edited by seayork2002, 11 January 2019 - 12:46 PM.

#14 Nobodyelse

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:57 PM

View PostHON1965, on 10 January 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

I hate to say it, but I don't have much faith in our local police as few neighbours have contacted them for other horrible things that were going on there and nothing was done.

It might not be apathy. They let my neighbourgo about his buisness for a very long time before they raided. Sometimes they use little guys to get to big guys.

Also, if he's just dealing pot and nothing else, he'll be very low priority. They may use him to get to his supply chain but small time, single operator pot dealers are usually just kept on watch for escalation.

Edited by Nobodyelse, 11 January 2019 - 12:58 PM.

#15 Jo.F

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:26 PM

our house was raided while we were at work based off one anonymous tip.  

By raided I mean battering ram at the front door and smashed window out the back to get in, only to (in the words of the office I spoke to the next day) "Immediately realise this was not the house of drug deals" and they left a card in the screen door letting us know they had been there, call this number, have a nice day. Our immediate next door neighbour never spoke to us again after that day despite us reassuring them it was a false tip.

So it infuriates me to hear that after all the complaining you and your neighbours have done, nothing has happened.

I'm in Adelaide though and at the time it happened we were told that the SA Drug Squad had unlimited authorisation when it came to suspected drugs offences which was their justification for why we didn't get any compensation for the damage to our property. In case you haven't noticed, I'm still angry about it..

#16 schwatzen

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:02 PM

View PostJo.F, on 11 January 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

By raided I mean battering ram at the front door and smashed window out the back to get in, only to (in the words of the office I spoke to the next day) "Immediately realise this was not the house of drug deals" and they left a card in the screen door letting us know they had been there, call this number, have a nice day. Our immediate next door neighbour never spoke to us again after that day despite us reassuring them it was a false tip.

So it infuriates me to hear that after all the complaining you and your neighbours have done, nothing has happened.

I'm in Adelaide though and at the time it happened we were told that the SA Drug Squad had unlimited authorisation when it came to suspected drugs offences which was their justification for why we didn't get any compensation for the damage to our property. In case you haven't noticed, I'm still angry about it..

This actually happened to my brother once!

Someone who had something out for him (over a girl no less) phoned in a tip and his house got raided. There was obviously nothing to find and my brother found it funny in hindsight (he loves telling the story) but it just goes to show!

Either they have something big cooking with this family or they're being really lax.

If it were me i'd continue collecting evidence and keep making anonymous crimestopper reports.

#17 marple

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:03 PM

Unless it is causing you problems personally , I'd stay out of it. The sooner marijuana is legalised here the better. Such a waste of police and court resources .

#18 Soontobegran

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:27 PM

View Postmarple, on 11 January 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

Unless it is causing you problems personally , I'd stay out of it. The sooner marijuana is legalised here the better. Such a waste of police and court resources .

Why the presumption it is marijuana ?

#19 babylove69

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:52 PM

View PostSoontobegran, on 11 January 2019 - 02:27 PM, said:

Why the presumption it is marijuana ?
It was mentioned earlier the buyers sniffed their purchase, can't think of any other drugs where smell is a factor

#20 Tinkle Splashes

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:54 PM

Depends if they were sniffing to check the odour or whether they were sniffing to ingest, I suppose.

#21 Nobodyelse

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:56 PM

And this too.

View PostHON1965, on 10 January 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

People sit outside of our property on the street and light up bongs and then drive away.

#22 Nobodyelse

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:58 PM

View PostTinkle Splashes, on 11 January 2019 - 03:54 PM, said:

Depends if they were sniffing to check the odour or whether they were sniffing to ingest, I suppose.

You wouldn't open it and just snort it straight out of the bag.

#23 Charli73

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:04 PM

View PostNobodyelse, on 11 January 2019 - 03:58 PM, said:

You wouldn't open it and just snort it straight out of the bag.

Correct, it sounds like cannabis which is low priority.. now if he had little white baggies...it might be different.

There’s a dealer near us, I just keep my distance, he’s been arrested before and is on a good behavior bond.

Edited by Charli73, 11 January 2019 - 04:05 PM.

#24 Sparkles66

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:08 PM

View PostJo.F, on 11 January 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

This happened to us as well and I am also still angry about it!

#25 ELF_em_bee

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:34 PM

Good plan to hand over any info you have.  Are you on nsw?  At the moment there is a police campaign at the moment to “dob in a dealer”.

I don’t care if it’s “just marijuana” I have no sympathy whatsoever for drug dealers.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.