ATAR

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Expelliarmus

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:08 PM

POPULAR

My Dad, with whom DD1 was very close, died in May - 3 days before DD1’s 18th birthday and she was dumped by her (boring) boyfriend around a month later and after that she developed anxiety and depression and has been on medication sonce the end of July with an atrocious attendance record for most of Term 3, multiple accomodations and deadline extensions.

The ATARs were put up today and she got 91.25, with an university admission score of 98.25 after bonuses are applied.

Great job kid! Great job!

#2 alchetta

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:11 PM

That's amazing Expelli! Congratulations!

#3 Sentient Puddle

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:11 PM

Congratulations to your DD and you too for getting everyone through such a rough year.  I hope it all goes well for University for her (and you) next year!

#4 PhillipaCrawford

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:18 PM

Fantastic. After all the stress for Mother and Daughter. Well done to you both

#5 mayahlb

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:43 PM

Well done to your DD!

#6 Literary Lemur

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:44 PM

Well done both of you.

#7 Trevor Trove

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:48 PM

Good on her!
Wonder what boring ex got?:p

#8 EsmeLennox

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:57 PM

Fantastic!

#9 cstar

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:58 PM

thats fantastic

#10 Deb999

Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:06 PM

That is wonderful. Congratulations to her and good riddance to boring unsympathetic boyfriend.

#11 RuntotheRiver

Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:12 PM

That’s awesome!

What subjects did she study? What was her favourite?

She must of been stoked!

#12 Lees75

Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:21 PM

Yay!  That's fantastic news, Expelli!

#13 amdirel

Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:38 PM

Wow!! That's amazing!

#14 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:38 PM

Fantastic news.

#15 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:41 PM

Wonderful news!

#16 Greatmum

Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:19 PM

That’s fantastic!!

#17 Heather11

Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:20 PM

Congratulations to you both.  You must be so proud and well done to you for surviving too.

#18 MuffinQueen

Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:47 PM

I'm really sorry about your Dad.  

Congratulations to your Daughter - the hard work paid off.  I reckon her grandfather would be so proud.

X

#19 SplashingRainbows

Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:54 PM

Brilliant! Well done DD1, and mum.

#20 kyrrie

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:18 PM

That’s fantastic. You have done a great job supporting her. You should be very proud of her and yourself as well.

#21 Expelliarmus

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:07 PM

View PostRuntotheRiver, on 18 December 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

That’s awesome!

What subjects did she study? What was her favourite?

She must of been stoked!
Haven’t heard anything about Mr Boring.

She did English, Maths General, Biology and Psychology. She had to stop attending Psych due to her mental health so finished that subject at home by herself. She got two As and two Bs with an A for the Research Project that she completed in second semester last year. I think her favourite was Biology although she did love Psych as well.

#22 c.sanders

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:11 PM

That's amazing!!

What are bonuses though??

#23 eilca

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:16 PM

That is wonderful news, expelli.  Such an achievement in a difficult journey.

#24 RuntotheRiver

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:38 PM

Good on her, what a big hurdle, but such great results.

#25 Expelliarmus

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:57 PM

View Postc.sanders, on 18 December 2018 - 09:11 PM, said:

That's amazing!!

What are bonuses though??
I found out this morning that bonuses are applied if you getveducation equity (your school has a lower SES) and for some subjects you get a couple extra points for doing a hard subject. I think ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.