Non greasy sunscreen

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 FomoJnr

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:21 AM

What is your best non greasy sunscreen for the face?

I’d love to be able to use the good thick Cancer Council one that I use on my body, but I just can’t tokerate the really greasy feeling.

Thanks!

#2 jensta

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:28 AM

Hamilton is my go to.

#3 KACM

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:32 AM

Neutrogena Dry Touch. I have very fine fair so also use it where my hair parts and it doesn't make my hair oily.

#4 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:38 AM

Cetaphil. It's moisturising but not greasy.

#5 ceeshell

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:40 AM

This one:
https://www.chemistw...cB&gclsrc=aw.ds

#6 Nasty Poobah

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:42 AM

Have you tried the cancer council one in the grey bottle? It's a 50+ and has a non greasy finish (I think it's a newer version of last year's tradie sunscreen which came in a green bottle). It feels much nicer on the skin than conventional sunscreen as it has the dry finish you're looking for.

ETA it's the active sunscreen https://www.cancerco...ctive-pump.html

Looks like they still do the work one as well so this is an extension of the range. The work one is brilliant for protection and the finish is very dry. Goes on really well on hairy skin too.

Edited by Nasty Poobah, 04 December 2018 - 06:50 AM.

#7 BornToLove

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:52 AM

La Roche-Posay and Neutrogena are two that I use quite regularly as neither leave my face feeling greasy. There is also one at Mecca that is good (to save face?).

One I’m currently using is Khiels super fluid, but I picked it up overseas. It’s too bad it’s not available here as it absorbs quickly so I’m not waiting to put on my makeup.

#8 lozoodle

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:59 AM

I use a neutrogena face sunscreen, its amazing and goes under make up nicely.

#9 EmmDasher

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:40 AM

I like Invisible Zinc and Mecca To Save Face. Invisible Zinc might be too greasy for you - I don’t mind it and don’t find it too greasy especially for a high SPF zinc sunscreen.

Edited by EmmDasher, 04 December 2018 - 07:42 AM.

#10 Silverstreak

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:54 AM

Nivea Sun moisturising sunscreen, it's 50 plus, non greasy on my oily skin and smells yummy. I try to wear it every day.

#11 bluesilk

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:59 AM

Cancer Council does a specific day moisturiser with sunscreen that is 50+. I use that, that's not greasy. You can get it in a tinted version too. Otherwise their 'sport' sunscreen isn't greasy - I think someone already mentioned it - the one in the grey bottle.

#12 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:07 AM

View PostNasty Poobah, on 04 December 2018 - 06:42 AM, said:

Have you tried the cancer council one in the grey bottle? It's a 50+ and has a non greasy finish (I think it's a newer version of last year's tradie sunscreen which came in a green bottle). It feels much nicer on the skin than conventional sunscreen as it has the dry finish you're looking for.

ETA it's the active sunscreen https://www.cancerco...ctive-pump.html

Looks like they still do the work one as well so this is an extension of the range. The work one is brilliant for protection and the finish is very dry. Goes on really well on hairy skin too.

The active one has been around for years, but for some annoying reason not in the really big pump pack.

I like Mecca to save face.

#13 spr_maiden

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:05 AM

https://www.pricelin...cB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I use this one daily, great for humid days.  Comes in clear as well.

#14 purplekitty

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:12 AM

Neutrogena.

The Natio one felt ok when I tried it on my hand.

#15 Magnolia2

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:30 AM

La Roche Posay Anthelios XL SPF50. They brand it as ‘ultra light’. It’s more like a milk than a cream. I use it on my face, neck and décolletage. Sinks in well.

(It’s a bit too dribbly for body usage, I reckon).

#16 nom_de_plume

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:59 AM

I use a Clinique sunscreen. It’s in a bright yellow tube.

#17 petit_manchot

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:24 PM

I developed an allergy to the neutrogena dry touch. Now using La Roche Posay anthelios XL as well and have been happy with it so far. It’s not heavy at all, and works well under makeup.

#18 Zippypeaks

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:32 PM

I'm giving Go-To's Zincredible a go at the moment. I like it, goes on nicely, sinks in quick and works well under make up, only SPF15 and I'm not sure its so ground-breakingly amazing that I'd buy bottles of it, but so far so good!

#19 Kirra29

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:58 PM

I also vote for the new cancer council face one. It’s matte finish and goes beautifully under makeup, spf50, unscented, doesn’t irritate my eyes, waterproof and affordable. It’s a recent discovery for me but it’s changed my life basically haha. I’ve been looking for a product like this one for years

#20 JustMyGirl

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:03 PM

Mecca - it feels like a lovely moisturiser rather than a sunscreen.

#21 FomoJnr

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:41 PM

Thanks everyone! I’ll give these a try at the shops in the weekend!

#22 lozoodle

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:43 PM

I'm also keen to try the go to skincare tinted zincredible. Has anyone used it yet?

#23 Jembo

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:46 PM

I use the Cancer Council grey one as well, and find it the best.  Just wish they would bring it out in a bigger size, costs me a fortune in those small tubes and pump.

#24 EmmDasher

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:49 PM

I have Lozoodle. It was fine but not amazing. It’s only spf 15 and I think it’s not really any better or worse than invisible zinc - maybe a bit lighter? I wouldn’t repurchase at the price but I also don’t have strong feelings about zinc.

#25 QuirkyMum

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:51 PM

Stay away from Banana Boat Dry Touch.
It is amazing non greasy, including for face. One of the few my child isn't allergic to and will tolerate ( even with his sensitivities?), but it doesn't protect! We had horrible sunburns with this sunscreen ( applied liberally, 15 minutes before, all areas covered and it wasn't in midday sun, but 40 mins walk in late afternoon). Before that episode I realized my pale child looks tanned yet he always wears sunscreen ( applied before school and at school pick up), turned out sunscreen didn't work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.