Ready Set Go Girls #281

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ~Mintie~

Posted 02 December 2018 - 12:46 AM

New thread time ladies. Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 Mara6

Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:52 PM

Hi ladies,

As Theia said, it looks like November was a stressful time for a lot of us. Welcome to December. A lot of us seem to be in the same boat, recuperating, resting and making new plans. I look forward to cycling with a lot of you in the new year.

Hi Fingerscrossed, I'm sorry to hear you are a carrier for CF, everything crossed that DH is not. I know what you mean about having appointments lined up, it feels good to be doing something, and counselling appointments are a really good thing. xx

Hi Joany, I hope you've had a great weekend away. I grew up right near Gerringong, its a beautiful area isn't it. I understand you would feel frustrated about not finding this earlier, its a lot of time, money and stress to go through with a piece of the puzzle missing. This really is a tough thing to do. At least you do know now and all you can do is move forward with the knowledge putting you in a much better place. Hubby's good sperm and picsi should increase your chances significantly! We might end up cycle buddies again next year xx

Maufie I hope you are doing well, and are happy and glowing. I look forward to checking on your updates xx

MsHopeful how are you? When is your scan?

Ck I hope your trip is going well, you deserve a bit of a break. That is interesting about the Ovidrel, and frustrating when our FS won't talk about stuff with us. It's good you have another FS to seek a second opinion from. I asked last week via the nurses to start melatonin and DHEA and was told via email No as the AACEP protocol 'should be sufficient'. That drove me a little crazy so I have a skype appointment booked for tomorrow to 'discuss further' Unless they could have a detrimental effect I want to try everything!

Theia it's good to hear from you, I hope your wait is going ok and things are slowing down for you a bit xx

Jelly how are you doing? I hope you have great news from testing, fingers crossed for you xxx

Mella you are sounding really positive, I hope your break over Christmas is great and we may end up cycle buddies again as well xx

Aardvark I followed along with you before I joined myself, its great to see you back and getting ready for another cycle.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend :)

#3 Jelly11

Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:44 PM

Hey Mara. I'm still just waiting. And wondering how the whole Christmas/New Year period will interrupt things if we do get a healthy embie to transfer. Although maybe it's better if nothing happens til January as then I can have a couple of drinks for Christmas/New Years rather than everyone saying I'm pregnant coz I'm sober! They said the testing would take about 2 weeks and we just passed the 2 week mark Friday so I'm hoping it won't be too much longer. I've been pretty good at not stressing too much, much like the 5 day wait for blasts I was good at putting it to the back of my mind but once the 5 days were up I started stressing. Now the 2 weeks are up I think I'll be thinking about it a lot more til I know the results.

I hope everyone is feeling good and starting to feel the festive December spirit 😊

#4 MsHopeful18

Posted 03 December 2018 - 10:20 AM

Hi all,

I hope everyone is going ok in the lead up to Christmas.

Mara, I really hope you get answers to all of your questions with the Skype chat. I don’t think there is any harm in asking your FS to try DHEA and melatonin. It does make a big difference for a lot of people. Have you read “it starts with an egg”? I found some of the info very helpful.

FingersCrossed, I am so glad the counseling was good and you’re able to go a few more times this month. Hope you get the genetic tests for DH back soon and you’re looking after yourself as you recover.

Joany, I really hope the wedding and time away was relaxing and you’re feeling ok. I would also be upset that all of these issues with the fragmentation weren’t investigated earlier. Thank goodness you’re now with a FS who is looking at all the potential issues and there’s a plan moving forward.

Jelly, hope you get the PGD results soon! Mine took 2 weeks and 1 day. Fingers crossed for some healthy embryos waiting for you!

AFM, very relieved to have my 7 week scan today showing a little blob with a good heartbeat. There’s still a long, long way to go but after almost 2 years of TTC and 3 failed IVF, I never thought I would get here. I’m so grateful to have found this group, no one really gets how hard it is until you go through it, and how every phone call/scan/blood test can cause such anxiety. I don’t think I will be able to help myself to keep checking in and cheering on those starting again in January.

Hope everyone has a good day xoxo

#5 FingersCrossed123

Posted 03 December 2018 - 01:41 PM

Hopeful - so glad to hear your scan went well :) wishing you the best of luck and hope to see you around here for updates.

Jelly - Hope you get your results soon.

Mara - thanks for your kind words. Even though December is a new month I am really looking forward to January, a new year and starting fresh.

AFM - I am starting to feel a lot better. I think the hormones are leaving and I am feeling more like my normal self.

Sometimes I find I forget about what happened, I make a joke or be silly like my normal self and then I remember what happened. Then I feel guilty for forgetting and being happy for the moment. I guess more things to talk about with the counsellor.

In other news its Xmas party season, I've got one this week and 3 next week! I haven't been to any type of party for a long time, since before the IVF in August, so I am looking forward to enjoying myself.

#6 Mara6

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:18 PM

Oh MsHopeful l am so happy to hear! Hooray for your little blob beating away there. I know there is still anxiety and milestones to get through but you have gotten this far and you absolutely deserve it. You deserve to have a happy healthy pregnancy and a beautiful little one at the end. We all do.
Thankyou, I have read It starts with the egg, I went back and re read a few of the sections the other night which prompted me to ask about DHEA and melatonin. I spoke to FS yesterday and she said DHEA could be detrimental along with the AACEP protocol. I didn't really follow the science but AACEP includes oestrogen priming and DHEA does something sort of opposite with testosterone, while both going for a similar result. I think. Anyway she convinced me not to take it with this protocol. Melatonin she said may or may not help, but won't be detrimental so I have ordered that. I am actually keen to take it to hopefully help with my terrible sleep patterns.
I hope you are doing some happy nurturing things to look after yourself and celebrate this great result. Don't stress too much! xxx

Hi Jelly, it must be close now. That is great you can manage your stress so well. Til now at least. Will you need to wait for your cycle to line up transfer? It is hard fitting things in and not having to explain what we're doing, where we're going etc. I don't drink much so it wouldn't be weird for me to not be drinking. Could you say you're on a 30 day health kick and are just determined even though it's Christmas? Or you might like to just relax and enjoy the festivities and wait til Jan. Fingers crossed for a phone call soon and you can make your plan xx

Fingers crossed that's great you're starting to feel better. And I think your thoughts and emotions sound very normal. Really hard but a normal part of working through the grief process. It's great you have lots of counselling sessions coming up, but also parties! You've been through such a hard time and you're allowed to feel happy and release some of those big emotions when you can. I hope you have a great time xxx

Hi Ck, Maufie, Joany, Mella, Theia, Aardvark :) xx

#7 maufie85

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:22 PM

Sounds like you FS is on the ball Mara! I took melatonin this cycle and found it helped with sleep :)

Yay Ms Hopeful! huge high five. Every small step is one step closer.

I agree with you Mara we all deserve a happy healthy pregnancy and little one at he end of it.

I’m glad you are feeling more like yourself Fingerscrossed- enjoy the party season and the new year will bring many new things for you xox

Hope you get those results soon Jelly!

Sending hugs to all and hope for a brighter 2019 xox

#8 Mara6

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:55 AM

Would you guys mind telling me what dose melatonin you have been prescribed? My FS said she hasn't prescribed it in ages so just take what is recommended for sleep. I've ordered 3mg tablets.

Thanks xx

#9 maufie85

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:07 AM

Not at all Mara- I also ordered 3mg tablets and took one before bed during stimming.

Xox

#10 Mara6

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:22 PM

Awesome thanks Maufie 😊 xx

#11 Mara6

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:39 AM

Thinking of you Jelly, I hope you've had good news xxx

#12 Jelly11

Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:47 PM

3 weeks and still waiting 🙁 You think I'd be used to everything taking longer than it should in this process by now.

Question for you all - did anyone experience ovulation pain in cycle after your egg collection? I've never noticed any sort of ovulation pains before but was quite crampy yesterday and looking at dates I thought perhaps it was ovulation related. Having not experienced before I don't know how to tell if that's what is was.

#13 Mara6

Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:09 AM

Oh Jelly that's a long wait. You must hear something this week. Fingers crossed for you. xx

I'm not sure about the pains, hopefully someone else will have an answer for you.
Hope everyone is doing well xx

#14 ckmelb

Posted Yesterday, 01:28 PM

hi ladies, i hope you are all well

@Jelly - I can't believe you are still waiting. that's very tedious. I hope you are passing the time. December does seem to zoom by

@Mara - i am on 4mg of melatonin each night but I am sure 3mg is fine too. It also has helped me avoid jetlag so far so that's a bonus

@Fingerscrossed hope you are close to getting your DHs test results back and that the counselling is helping you. I am booked for a session on wednesday which i am looking forward to

@mshopeful I think i missed saying that's great news on your scan and wishing you all the best for the rest of your pregnancy

@theia - hope you are well and passing the time waiting for your results too

@joany, mella, aardvark and any others that I missed I hope you are going well. And like some PP said, hoping Dec and the new year brings everyone more luck

I am on day 12 of a cycle to do a scratch / era test and NK biopsy so I am on 8mg progynova. I had a scan today and lining still a bit thin so need to go back thursday before starting progesterone. I also have a 13mm follicle (which I should not have) so i am upping the dose 10 mg. Honestly, I seem to do only 1 thing very well and that is grow a single follicle

I also saw another 2nd opinion dr today and i didn't really get a second opinion, more his perspective of "if you want kids try donor eggs it will be a higher probability of success" - yeah thanks duh I knew that, it's not really new information for me. He then told me that's why he is quite successful is because he doesn't beat around the bush and helps most women with donor eggs. I'm not really sure what i expected to be honest and was quite upset in the appointment

#15 Nepo88

Posted Yesterday, 01:47 PM

Hi Ladies,

I hope you are all well.

I posted some time ago and then dropped off mostly because I was obsessing over everything too much and needed the break.

Since, I have completed an entire cycle, had 9 eggs collected, 8 were mature and by Day 5, 6 were healthy and progressing well. So I have 5 frosties and had 1 transferred over the weekend.

I was hopeful at first but I am not feeling as great at the moment. There are so many rules and I feel like I have accidentally broken them already. Not to mention my neurologist advised me that my blood test from Sunday shows my thyroid is playing up and I am not sure what effect this will have on the transferred emby :( Patiently trying not to test because it is way too early!

MsHopeful18 - It is awesome to see you have a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy! Fingers Crossed for the next several months that everything continues that way!

I hope to catch up on everyone's journey as I read through the forum!

#16 FingersCrossed123

Posted Yesterday, 02:33 PM

CK - that sounds like crap. You go to a 2nd opinion for a 2nd opinion about you specifically. I'm sorry he wanted to talk about himself. Was he from the same clinic or a different one? Do you feel like trying someone else that might understand you a little better?

Nepo- Nice to see you in here again. You are very lucky to have 5 frosties and 1 transferred- those are some amazing numbers.
I don't know much about thyroid but in regards to other rules, I would try to relax and do what you feel like as much as possible. It's hard not to think about it but hopefully the time will pass quickly as it's a busy time of year.
Got lots of fingers crossed for you for a good result :)

AFM - I'm still about a week away from DH's result and the pathology testing too. Just trying not to think about it too much until we have an answer, which is easier said than done.
My hormones came back in full swing over the last few days and my face broke out pretty badly, which was a bit crap. But on the other hand I have a lot more energy and been working pretty hard in the gym and able to push myself in pilates, which has been nice.

Got no idea what is going on with my cycle, I guess it's just a wait and see type one.

#17 ckmelb

Posted Yesterday, 03:54 PM

Hi nepo - i do remember you, hope you are doing well

fingerscrossed - good to hear you are feeling good with lots of energy. i had a breakout a couple of weeks ago as my hormones were all wonky but it seems to have cleared up now

the dr i saw was from the other leading clinic in melbourne. he is well known for his work on complex immune issues (not that i think i have any). i have actually seen another dr and was going to decide between the 2 of them to try different protocols in 2019 if the FET doesn't work out. I think i have my answer

#18 Jelly11

Posted Yesterday, 04:21 PM

Ck - I'm sorry your second opinion was so unhelpful. Do you plan on seeing anyone else or stick with you current FS?

Nepo - I remember you too. I'm glad you managed to complete a cycle, especially with so many frosties at the end. Fingers crossed for a good outcome and I hope the wait til you can test goes quickly.

Fingers crossed - I'm glad your starting to get more energy back now, shame about the breakout but hopefully it doesn't last too long for you.

AFM - I finally called the clinic to see if they can tell me what's going on. I found out my results came back last week but 2 out of 3 were inconclusive and had to be re-biopsied. The 3rd has an abnormality but I have to wait til we see the FS to know more. The guy I spoke to said he's hopeful the new biopsy results will be back by the end of the week but now I'm worried we won't be able to get an appointment before their Christmas break and won't find out more til next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.