Due in July 2019 Chat #1

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#51 DiamondKat

Posted 29 November 2018 - 01:54 PM

Hi all,

6 and 8 weeks are little milestones in my head. 8 because of the risk of mc is reduced significantly reduced and for me 6 because I knew of a few friends who mc just before that. I am 6 weeks today and it feels like its taken a full month not 2 weeks to get here! I thought the 2WW was long!

Did a blood test, so far so good and HCG was a little over 7000 when I did the test the day before 5 weeks.  Doctor was happy with this and put the referral in to the hospital and the harmony test and 20 week scan, I'm doing it through the hospital that is crazy busy so getting in early.  I also asked for a dating scan, even thought I know my dates so will book that in for maybe next week or the week after.

#52 ~river song~

Posted 29 November 2018 - 04:42 PM

I’ve got my referral for Harmony test and NT scan but seems now you can one or the other and the Harmony has a higher accuracy rate of 99.9% compared to >90% with NT alone
The cost of both isn’t cheap so thinking I’ll just do harmony now as it’s more accurate

#53 Mamaof3+3

Posted 29 November 2018 - 06:44 PM

View Post~river song~, on 28 November 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

Baby #4 for us and this many kids seems to have most people thinking you’re insane or stupid! I come from a big family myself but my mum has told me more times than I can count that the three we have is plenty, my sister has 4 but says 2 or 3 were easier. I’ve also lost a lot of weight in last 2yrs and could regain some of that which they know i’d be worried about. We’ve also had a lot of miscarriages between our girls. I’m up for a promotion at work, we were due to go overseas in September and I’m 37! There are more reasons for us to not have a baby than there are to have one, and we actually said after our last that 3 was it.
I don’t know anyone that’s really had overly positive responses from family with this many kids.
So yeah for me I’m dreading it which is why I’m not ruining Xmas day with the news lol

Me too! We have 6 between us. I’m not permanent at work. Four love with us. I too have heard we have enough kids

Not looking forward to it lol

#54 SnippySnappyDoggo

Posted 30 November 2018 - 07:44 AM

View PostMamaof3+3, on 28 November 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

Hello all!
Jumping in :) I’m actually due in August but no group!
Due Aug 8. I’m around 10dpo

Welcome to July - you never know, Bub might come early anyway. Wishing you a healthy journey.

View Post~river song~, on 28 November 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

Baby #4 for us and this many kids seems to have most people thinking you’re insane or stupid!

So yeah for me I’m dreading it which is why I’m not ruining Xmas day with the news lol

Ahhh I see I’m from a big family, so four doesn’t seem insane to me. I’m excited for you!! Hope you get some pleasant reactions anyway :)

View PostSunnygirl20, on 28 November 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

Hey guys😁 I’m also jumping in here... due 1st aug so kinda on the tail end! I went at 37 weeks with DD (just turned 2!) so I may go early again... all is well here I’ve had some bloods done and will go for a dating scan around 8-9 weeks... I’m 5 weeks tomorrow... first pregnancy was horrible with constant morning sickness the whole time and having to get my gallbladder removed at 25 weeks.. anyways keen for a none eventful 8 months x

Welcome and hope you have a quiet and relaxed nine months. At least you can’t have another gallbladder removed! That must have been very tough at 25 weeks.

View PostGranMultigravida, on 29 November 2018 - 09:38 AM, said:

Ha can you imagine the eye rolls I will get being baby #9

Wowee either others must keep you very busy! I would love to have a big family.

View PostDiamondKat, on 29 November 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

Hi all,

6 and 8 weeks are little milestones in my head. 8 because of the risk of mc is reduced significantly reduced and for me 6 because I knew of a few friends who mc just before that. I am 6 weeks today and it feels like its taken a full month not 2 weeks to get here! I thought the 2WW was long!

Did a blood test, so far so good and HCG was a little over 7000 when I did the test the day before 5 weeks.

Eeep mine was only 1600 at five weeks - should I be worried? Dating scan on 12 December at 7-8 weeks.

#55 Sunnygirl20

Posted 01 December 2018 - 03:23 PM

Has anyone had to do the GDT already? I’ve got to do it next week? I don’t remember doing it with DD until the usual 28 week mark??

#56 SnippySnappyDoggo

Posted 01 December 2018 - 06:18 PM

View PostSunnygirl20, on 01 December 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

Has anyone had to do the GDT already? I’ve got to do it next week? I don’t remember doing it with DD until the usual 28 week mark??

Not yet. Did you have GD with your previous pregnancy or are you high risk?

#57 Sunnygirl20

Posted 02 December 2018 - 08:51 AM

No issues last time 🤷‍♀️ I do have a higher BMI but I wouldn’t say I’m obese by any means... never did it last time 🤷‍♀️ Maybe it’s just different doctors opinions on things... not looking forward to it when I feel seedy all day at the moment

#58 Crazyone26989

Posted 02 December 2018 - 09:00 AM

View PostSnippySnappyDoggo, on 27 November 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

Fingers crossed your thyroid can keep things ticking along until the meds kick in. When is your next scan?

Thanks! It's hard to tell if the meds have kicked in - apparently they do after about a week - because I'm meant to be tired anyway. Or so the doctor said 😂.  Dating scan is Tues so fingers crossed we see a heartbeat.

#59 ~river song~

Posted 02 December 2018 - 11:47 AM

9w1d and my pants are already uncomfortable!

And I’m out of zofran and just want to vomit this morning.
Just a joyous time growing humans blegh!

#60 SnippySnappyDoggo

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:52 AM

I vomited about eight times on Saturday and couldn’t keep anything down. Hadn’t had any morning sickness before then and I was thinking, oh heck, I hope this isn’t me for the next six weeks. I’ve never been so relieved to have gastro before 😂😂

Felt fine on Sunday aside from being dehydrated and exhausted. What a relief!!

10 days until my first scan. Feels like the longest wait ever.

#61 Sunnygirl20

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:27 AM

dating scan is booked in for this Saturday! hopefully we see a little heart beat :pray:

#62 SnippySnappyDoggo

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:23 AM

View PostSunnygirl20, on 04 December 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

dating scan is booked in for this Saturday! hopefully we see a little heart beat :pray:

Exciting to finally see the little jelly bean! Mine is still 8 days away feels like forever.

How many weeks do you think you will be?

#63 Sunnygirl20

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:20 PM

View PostSnippySnappyDoggo, on 04 December 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

Exciting to finally see the little jelly bean! Mine is still 8 days away feels like forever.

How many weeks do you think you will be?

6w 5 days... however that is what the doctor has given me going off their due date however.... ive calculated a few days 6w 3 days but I'm all for extra days :)

#64 Crazyone26989

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:30 PM

Went to the dating scan today! Measured at 7w1d which matches exactly with when I ovulated (LMP says 7w4d) and heartbeat of 145. The sonographer said all looked good! Yay! Let's hope everything continues smoothly.

#65 apple261

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:28 PM

Hi All,

I'm jumping on board. Got the positive 10 days ago. 6 weeks today and due July 31 so just squeezed in to this group..!

First time around for me. I have first scan next Monday to confirm my dates. Already mild nervousness. I'm 35 so feel surrounded by media telling me how old and high risk I am as a elderly primagravida. Ha!

Has anyone else been having some mild cramping? It's not painful (even less than period pai) and usually happens at nighttime when i lie down. No bleeding or spotting. Just wanted to check it's within the range of 'normal'

Hope everyone is doing well, and the nausea, tiredness  and sore breasts are being kept at bay. Here's to an exciting next 7-8 months! :-0

#66 SnippySnappyDoggo

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:36 AM

View PostCrazyone26989, on 04 December 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

Went to the dating scan today! Measured at 7w1d which matches exactly with when I ovulated (LMP says 7w4d) and heartbeat of 145. The sonographer said all looked good! Yay! Let's hope everything continues smoothly.

Brilliant news!! Must be exciting to see the little bean. I can’t wait for mine next Wednesday.

View Postapple261, on 05 December 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

Hi All,

I'm jumping on board. Got the positive 10 days ago. 6 weeks today and due July 31 so just squeezed in to this group..!

First time around for me. I have first scan next Monday to confirm my dates. Already mild nervousness. I'm 35 so feel surrounded by media telling me how old and high risk I am as a elderly primagravida. Ha!

Has anyone else been having some mild cramping? It's not painful (even less than period pai) and usually happens at nighttime when i lie down. No bleeding or spotting. Just wanted to check it's within the range of 'normal'

Hope everyone is doing well, and the nausea, tiredness  and sore breasts are being kept at bay. Here's to an exciting next 7-8 months! :-0

Welcome and congratulations! 35 is definitely not too old - relax and enjoy the journey. I hope you get to see a good image and heartbeat at your scan on Monday.

Yes I have cramping too. On and off since I got my BFP over two weeks ago. I’ve read it’s inscreased blood flow and your uterus stretching and the baby snuggling in. So long as it’s not severe and no heavy bleeding, mild cramping seems to be normal :)  

Wishing you a happy and healthy 8 months ahead!

#67 DiamondKat

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:04 AM

Hey ladies!  Good luck with those doing the dating scans!

Today I'm 7 weeks on the dot and just did my dating scan, I was beside myself I was sooo anxious!  But there is a little baby in there and a heartbeat (!!) measuring right on 7 weeks!  Feeling so much better.

Generally I go through periods of feeling really crappy and then normal.  Morning sickness is totally different to my first, that felt like I was hungover and seedy were as this is just feeling really off and refluxy, no other real symptoms sore boobs gone still a little tired though but nothing like my first - that did add to my anxiety.

#68 Sunnygirl20

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:43 PM

How is everyone going? So far no morning sickness here 🙌 I was already pretty sick at this stage last time so it also plays on my mind... other then that super sore boobs and peeing a fair bit.

#69 JuliaD

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:01 PM

Hi All,

Finally decided I would come and join you.

Pregnant with surprise baby number 3. EDD 14 July,

So currently 8 weeks & however many days. LOL! poor baby number 3!

Feeling so sick at the moment. On Zofran but still SO nauseous. Even took a sick day today so I could spend the day on the couch and do nothing while my other two are at childcare. Really hoping this is it's peak and it will start subsiding in the next week or so :(

#70 Crazyone26989

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:39 PM

Welcome Julia D and apple261!

I am getting nausea every morning, sometimes during the day and in the evening too. It sucks! No vomiting yet which is a plus.

Just got referrals for NIPT and a morphology scan at 12 weeks. Attempting to book into RPA (Sydney) for the NIPT because it's only $270 but I don't know how much luck I'll have over Xmas and New Year. I've been told it's easier to go in and book but it's too far!

#71 MontyMumma

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:24 AM

Hello, just got my due date (July 9th) from my first Scan on Monday.
This is our first baby, second pregnancy.
I've had a rough time with a miscarriage at 7 weeks immediately prior to this pregnancy and was in the emergency department all weekend with bleeding, but the doctors are very happy with the blood tests and scan reports and there's been no bleeding since so we're back to being optimistic and have our happy little jelly bean photo displayed on the fridge at home.  
I now have to find an OB as I'm planning to go through private.

#72 MontyMumma

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:27 AM

View Postapple261, on 05 December 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

I'm 33 and I was getting to the point where if one more person told me I shouldn't leave it any longer I would have screamed.
It's not like we can just pick and choose when to have kids.

#73 Dellyc83

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:39 PM

Hi, I’m due August 5 by my calcs! I’m yet to go to a doc for a confirmation test. Tested at home last Wednesday. I can’t seem to get into a doc until this Friday unless urgent. I’m 35 and quite anxious to find out 😬

#74 Elkcin

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:30 PM

Hi everyone. I’m joining in too. Due August 5 too by LMP but I think I’m a week behind that judging by when I think I ovulated. I have an appointment with the Gp on Wednesday. This is my first pregnancy so quite nervous and excited at the same time.

#75 bubbaowe

Posted 10 December 2018 - 11:52 PM

Hi again everyone, hope everyone is feeling good and there must be some more dating scans happening? Similar to my first 2, I'm due right at the end of the month, 28 July as per lmp but have a dating scan on Friday. Such a tricky time of year not to be drinking wth all these Christmas functions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.