Due in July 2019 Chat #1

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#26 Kattatack

Posted 21 November 2018 - 02:57 PM

I know just how you feel, it doesn't seem quite real to me yet. I've told mine and my partners immediate family (we were planning an August wedding so had to make some changes!), and my boss because I'm out of sick leave but I'm not planning to tell anyone else til 12 weeks. If I can last that long! I work shift work, we spend a lot of time together cooped up in a room talking about our lives but I know as soon as I tell one person at work everyone will know lol.

View PostSnippySnappyDoggo, on 21 November 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

Hi everyone,

I’m a little late to the group I only got my BFP two days ago, so it’s still sinking in. I will be due right at the end of July.

This is my first BFP and I’ve got an appointment with my GP tomorrow. We tried for almost 12 months so I was a bit shocked to finally see the line. Still doesn’t feel real!

Must be a relief that yours isn’t an ectopic! I hope it settles down for you and the nine months goes smoothly.

When is everyone telling people?

Edited by Kattatack, 21 November 2018 - 03:01 PM.

#27 GreyhoundLover

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:51 PM

Glad your pregnancy isn't ectopic kattatack! And congratulations snippy!!

I'm not telling people for ages (after three miscarriages in a row). Got my bhcg level today (taken at 15dpo) and it's only 30. I'm really anxious even though all these reference ranges say it's ok and I'm still quietly freaking out... will probably have more blood done Friday to see if they are doubling but I'm feeling pretty despondent

#28 Kattatack

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:57 PM

It was such a nervous wait for me to find out the changes in HCG levels, especially because of the pain and bleeding so I feel for you. Mine didn't go up as much as they expected and I had to then wait another anxious 3 days for another test, and then finally an ultrasound. Hopefully you get a good result! A couple of weeks ago I didn't even know what a bhcg was! Lol

View PostGreyhoundLover, on 21 November 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

Glad your pregnancy isn't ectopic kattatack! And congratulations snippy!!

I'm not telling people for ages (after three miscarriages in a row). Got my bhcg level today (taken at 15dpo) and it's only 30. I'm really anxious even though all these reference ranges say it's ok and I'm still quietly freaking out... will probably have more blood done Friday to see if they are doubling but I'm feeling pretty despondent

#29 bubbaowe

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:21 PM

Hi everyone - I've just seen the 2 lines on the HPT and was so surprised! This is baby #3 for us, and it wasn't planned. Our second bub had taken quite some time to conceive so hadn't thought it would happen so easily!
My due date will be the end of July and this baby will join two sisters, currently 3 and 10 months - it's going to be busy!!!

#30 ~river song~

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:48 PM

View PostSnippySnappyDoggo, on 21 November 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

Hi everyone,

I’m a little late to the group I only got my BFP two days ago, so it’s still sinking in. I will be due right at the end of July.

This is my first BFP and I’ve got an appointment with my GP tomorrow. We tried for almost 12 months so I was a bit shocked to finally see the line. Still doesn’t feel real!

Must be a relief that yours isn’t an ectopic! I hope it settles down for you and the nine months goes smoothly.

When is everyone telling people?

My boss knows as she is one of my closest friends too and I’ve been so sick. But we won’t tell family probably until closer to 16-20 weeks or so as I don’t think they’ll be overly excited this time.

#31 SnippySnappyDoggo

Posted 22 November 2018 - 08:11 AM

View PostGreyhoundLover, on 21 November 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

Sorry for your losses. Fingers crossed for you that this is a sticky bean. I don’t even know what the normal ranges are for bhcg yet - I have some reading to do and seeing my GP today.

Good luck with tomorrow’s results!

View Post~river song~, on 21 November 2018 - 05:48 PM, said:

My boss knows as she is one of my closest friends too and I’ve been so sick. But we won’t tell family probably until closer to 16-20 weeks or so as I don’t think they’ll be overly excited this time.

16-20 weeks seems like forever away! I don’t know if I can keep quiet that long. Being quite short and slim with a very tall DH, I’m expecting to show somewhat early, but it’s my first so hopefully we can keep it quiet for a while!

I have no symptoms yet aside from aching boobs (more like mild muscle soreness than anything). Is anyone having bad morning sickness?

#32 ~river song~

Posted 22 November 2018 - 01:24 PM

View PostSnippySnappyDoggo, on 22 November 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

Sorry for your losses. Fingers crossed for you that this is a sticky bean. I don’t even know what the normal ranges are for bhcg yet - I have some reading to do and seeing my GP today.

Good luck with tomorrow’s results!

16-20 weeks seems like forever away! I don’t know if I can keep quiet that long. Being quite short and slim with a very tall DH, I’m expecting to show somewhat early, but it’s my first so hopefully we can keep it quiet for a while!

I have no symptoms yet aside from aching boobs (more like mild muscle soreness than anything). Is anyone having bad morning sickness?

Tell people whenever you’re ready. There is no hard and fast rule. I’ll be showing long before then but we’ll see how it goes.
Yes morning sickness for me, I’ve also got a chest infection at moment which isn’t helping either

#33 DiamondKat

Posted 22 November 2018 - 02:04 PM

I've told my parents in law and a couple of friends.  

My parents in law I was forced to because I had to reject the big glass of wine I have with dinner every week at their place lol.  

I'll tell other friends and my parents/sister after my first scan and I know there's a little baby in there doing what it's supposed to.

Went to the GP who sent me off for a blood test, which I did yesterday.  The results will hopefully be in tomorrow and hope they're all ok and I get the referral for the hospital and first scan.   I'm a little more anxious this time round, I never expected it to take so long to conceive and now anxious about remaining pregnant for then next 35 weeks.

Edit- Symptoms have been some cramping. I did have achy boobs but that went away! And feelings a bit 'off' every now and again.  So this is adding to my anxiety but reminding myself with my daughter I had nothing until about 6 weeks and I'm only just on 5 now!

Edited by DiamondKat, 22 November 2018 - 02:07 PM.

#34 SnippySnappyDoggo

Posted 23 November 2018 - 10:00 AM

Hope you have positive results to share with us today, GreyhoundLover.

View PostDiamondKat, on 22 November 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

I've told my parents in law and a couple of friends.  

My parents in law I was forced to because I had to reject the big glass of wine I have with dinner every week at their place lol.  

I'll tell other friends and my parents/sister after my first scan and I know there's a little baby in there doing what it's supposed to.

Edit- Symptoms have been some cramping. I did have achy boobs but that went away! And feelings a bit 'off' every now and again.  So this is adding to my anxiety but reminding myself with my daughter I had nothing until about 6 weeks and I'm only just on 5 now!

I will have to tell a friend in the next few weeks. We’ve been planning to go overseas with them next year but it was going to be to a zika area and I don’t really have an excuse to suddenly change my mind. Aside from that, we’ll tell our parents next week after I get blood results and I will tell my sister (who is my best friend). Nobody else will know until after 12 weeks at least.

I’m a bit concerned that we are overseas from about 11 and a half weeks until 14 weeks in January. I’m not sure not that’ll work in with a 12 week scan. Will probably find out more after a dating scan, I suppose.

Still no symptoms here aside from the achey boobs. I keep expecting to feel nauseous soon or have aversions or heightened sense of smell or something. Nothing yet! Though I’m only 5 weeks... haha

Edited by SnippySnappyDoggo, 23 November 2018 - 10:02 AM.

#35 gissellle

Posted 24 November 2018 - 08:44 AM

I haven’t posted on EB for years and certainly didn’t think I’d ever be posting in a due in group.

Surprise baby #3 here, due 9 July. Currently have a 10yo DD and 9yo DS.

This is both an exciting and terrifying time. I almost died after having DS from septic shock with multi organ failure. Spent 6.5 weeks in hospital (4 of them in ICU). I’ve been under the care of a cardiologist since then due to heart failure and was told in the early days that future pregnancies were out of the question.
Thankfully my heart recovered to normal function and I’ve haven’t been on medication for 2+ years.

I’ve got an appointment with my cardiologist on the 21 December so atm I’m in lingo really until I have a heart ultrasound and reassurance from him! He did say at my last check up in May that my heart is great and if I was to have another baby I should see a high risk ob.

Sorry for the long and depressing post!

#36 Crazyone26989

Posted 25 November 2018 - 04:25 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am 6 weeks tomorrow based on my ovulation dates but gp is still going off LMP so "officially" 6 weeks 3 days. I'm off for a dating scan in just over a week.

I'm quite nervous as Ive just been told that I have an under active thyroid and miscarriage is significantly more likely. I'm on medication but it takes a few weeks to do anything....

Hopefully I'll be sticking around!

#37 GranMultigravida

Posted 27 November 2018 - 06:29 AM

Hi and welcome to the newbies. Fingers crossed for uneventful pregnancies.

How is everyone feeling?

#38 SnippySnappyDoggo

Posted 27 November 2018 - 08:26 AM

View Postgissellle, on 24 November 2018 - 08:44 AM, said:

This is both an exciting and terrifying time. I almost died after having DS from septic shock with multi organ failure. Spent 6.5 weeks in hospital (4 of them in ICU). I’ve been under the care of a cardiologist since then due to heart failure and was told in the early days that future pregnancies were out of the question.
Thankfully my heart recovered to normal function and I’ve haven’t been on medication for 2+ years.

I’ve got an appointment with my cardiologist on the 21 December so atm I’m in lingo really until I have a heart ultrasound and reassurance from him!

That sounds like it would have been terrifying. Glad your going okay now and I hope your cardio appointment in December goes well.

View PostCrazyone26989, on 25 November 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

I'm quite nervous as Ive just been told that I have an under active thyroid and miscarriage is significantly more likely. I'm on medication but it takes a few weeks to do anything....

Fingers crossed your thyroid can keep things ticking along until the meds kick in. When is your next scan?

View PostGranMultigravida, on 27 November 2018 - 06:29 AM, said:

Hi and welcome to the newbies. Fingers crossed for uneventful pregnancies.

How is everyone feeling?

I haven’t had any nausea yet (hope I don’t jinx myself!) just achey boobs. I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow to organise a dating scan, but I should be around 5w4d today.

We are planning to tell my sisters and our parents in the next week or two. I have three family birthdays coming up before Christmas, so I don’t think I can hide it because of having to avoid alcohol and some foods. Family will be excited though! :)

How are your symptoms?

How is everyone going with booking scans during the Christmas period?

#39 MrsLavender

Posted 27 November 2018 - 08:42 AM

SnippySnappy - I have my scan on 21 December. They really wanted to do it the next week, but I’ll be away. Hoping that 12+4 will be sufficient for them to see what they need to see. My NIPT blood draw is the week before, so it will be good if we get the results on that day and can tell all of the family at Christmas.

Such a difficult time of year to navigate with parties!! I’m running out of excuses for not drinking and it’s not even December.

I have my first OB appointment today, so excited and nervous about that all at the same time.

#40 ~river song~

Posted 27 November 2018 - 09:21 AM

I’m hoping to have my NIPT done on December 10 and can get results before Xmas.
I had my third baby similar time and was a pain dealing with Xmas closures for scans and tests and it delayed everything long past the normal 5-8 day turn around, it took 2 weeks to get hers back.
NT scan booked for the 2nd Jan, but as I’m having the NIPT not sure it’ll give much more info than I’ll already have.
I’m 12 weeks on 23rd December but have told hubby I don’t want to tell people at Xmas anyway, I’m pushing this out as long as possible as dreading the responses

#41 maybebabyttc#1

Posted 27 November 2018 - 01:15 PM

Well hello everyone! I’m straddling both this group and the June group as our current due date with #1 is July 1. I’m currently 9 weeks and we had a good dating scan last week. It still all feels so surreal other than the fact that I’ve gained 3.5kg and can’t fit into any of my usual office attire oh and not to mention the terrible indigestion and exhaustion. I have our first OB appointment today so I’m not too sure what to expect but hopefully we like him.

#42 MrsLavender

Posted 27 November 2018 - 06:40 PM

Maybebaby - I’m the same. Also due 1 July and had my first OB appointment today. I’ve also put on about 3.5kg and I’m struggling to wear clothes that don’t show a bump.

I have a cyst the size of a tennis ball and the OB confirmed that it’s definitely adding to my “popping” early. It’s a bit strange to think how big it is compared to my grape-sized bub. Hopefully it behaves itself for the next few weeks and surgery on it during the first trimester is risky. Second trimester is better, but he won’t do key hole to avoid any risk to the baby. That means a potential invasive surgery during pregnancy, which I’m a bit worried about.

But bub is great. Kicking around in there with a strong HB and measuring exactly to the day!

#43 maybebabyttc#1

Posted 28 November 2018 - 12:43 AM

So glad to hear it all went well MrsLavendar. My goodness, I couldn’t even imagine having a cyst that size. I sure hope it won’t cause too many issues for you. Surgery does sound terrifying but I’m sure you’re both in very safe hands.
AFM: apart from the ob appointment taking 2.5hrs with the dr running late, seeing the midwife, a scan and a flu vaccination, it all went well and buns is perfect. NIPT is booked for next week and our first trimester screening ultrasound will be the week before Christmas. These next few weeks will drag as I’m dying to tell my colleagues so I can wear giant comfy clothes and not look ridiculous

#44 Heather-Elizabeth

Posted 28 November 2018 - 06:44 AM

Hi everyone,

I had a BFP a couple of weeks ago. Because of some meds I was on, I had an ultrasound the following day, and there was a little 6 week baby with a heartbeat. Due to previous miscarriages, we are tentatively excited. It has been 2 years of ttc to get to the point. I should be 8 weeks on Friday, due 11/7.

This is baby #4 for us, pregnancy #6.

Gissellle, it has been years since I was on here too.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

#45 SnippySnappyDoggo

Posted 28 November 2018 - 07:43 AM

View PostMrsLavender, on 27 November 2018 - 08:42 AM, said:

SnippySnappy - I have my scan on 21 December. They really wanted to do it the next week, but I’ll be away. Hoping that 12+4 will be sufficient for them to see what they need to see. My NIPT blood draw is the week before, so it will be good if we get the results on that day and can tell all of the family at Christmas.

Would be lovely to get results before Christmas! I haven’t even had a dating scan yet, though I’m not due until the end of July, so a few weeks behind some others in here. And I’m away overseas from what I THINK will be about half way through week 11, until week 14. Not sure what to do about 12 week scans...

View Post~river song~, on 27 November 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

I’m hoping to have my NIPT done on December 10 and can get results before Xmas.
I had my third baby similar time and was a pain dealing with Xmas closures for scans and tests and it delayed everything long past the normal 5-8 day turn around, it took 2 weeks to get hers back.
NT scan booked for the 2nd Jan, but as I’m having the NIPT not sure it’ll give much more info than I’ll already have.
I’m 12 weeks on 23rd December but have told hubby I don’t want to tell people at Xmas anyway, I’m pushing this out as long as possible as dreading the responses ������

Oh no why are you dreading the response?? I can’t wait to tell people!

View Postmaybebabyttc#1, on 27 November 2018 - 01:15 PM, said:

Well hello everyone! I’m straddling both this group and the June group as our current due date with #1 is July 1. I’m currently 9 weeks and we had a good dating scan last week. It still all feels so surreal other than the fact that I’ve gained 3.5kg and can’t fit into any of my usual office attire oh and not to mention the terrible indigestion and exhaustion.

OMG the indigestion and bloat is real. I feel like I’m showing already 😂 though the scales say I’ve gained nothing. Everything is getting tighter!

View PostMrsLavender, on 27 November 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

Maybebaby - I’m the same. Also due 1 July and had my first OB appointment today. I’ve also put on about 3.5kg and I’m struggling to wear clothes that don’t show a bump.

I have a cyst the size of a tennis ball and the OB confirmed that it’s definitely adding to my “popping” early. It’s a bit strange to think how big it is compared to my grape-sized bub.

But bub is great. Kicking around in there with a strong HB and measuring exactly to the day!

Oh my, that’s scary news! Glad to hear bub is happy and heathy though, that would be a big relief. Keep us updated.

View Postmaybebabyttc#1, on 28 November 2018 - 12:43 AM, said:

AFM: apart from the ob appointment taking 2.5hrs with the dr running late, seeing the midwife, a scan and a flu vaccination, it all went well and buns is perfect. NIPT is booked for next week and our first trimester screening ultrasound will be the week before Christmas. These next few weeks will drag as I’m dying to tell my colleagues so I can wear giant comfy clothes and not look ridiculous

Im also dying to tell colleagues! My boss is one of my good mates, but I’m awaiting until the end of January when I get back from overseas. Good thing he’s away right now so we only have a week or two working together before the Christmas break and my holiday. Surely I can hide it for that long!

View PostHeather-Elizabeth, on 28 November 2018 - 06:44 AM, said:

Hi everyone,

I had a BFP a couple of weeks ago. Because of some meds I was on, I had an ultrasound the following day, and there was a little 6 week baby with a heartbeat. Due to previous miscarriages, we are tentatively excited. It has been 2 years of ttc to get to the point. I should be 8 weeks on Friday, due 11/7.

This is baby #4 for us, pregnancy #6.

Gissellle, it has been years since I was on here too.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Welcome and good luck. I hope that it’s a sticky bean and you have an uneventful journey.

I can’t wait to see a heartbeat! DH is away from tomorrow for two weeks and he wants me to wait until he’s back before a dating scan (I would be 7-8 weeks when he gets back). Seems like a long wait though!

#46 Mamaof3+3

Posted 28 November 2018 - 12:28 PM

Hello all!
Jumping in :) I’m actually due in August but no group!
Due Aug 8. I’m around 10dpo

#47 ~river song~

Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:33 PM

View PostSnippySnappyDoggo, on 28 November 2018 - 07:43 AM, said:

Oh no why are you dreading the response?? I can’t wait to tell

Baby #4 for us and this many kids seems to have most people thinking you’re insane or stupid! I come from a big family myself but my mum has told me more times than I can count that the three we have is plenty, my sister has 4 but says 2 or 3 were easier. I’ve also lost a lot of weight in last 2yrs and could regain some of that which they know i’d be worried about. We’ve also had a lot of miscarriages between our girls. I’m up for a promotion at work, we were due to go overseas in September and I’m 37! There are more reasons for us to not have a baby than there are to have one, and we actually said after our last that 3 was it.
I don’t know anyone that’s really had overly positive responses from family with this many kids.
So yeah for me I’m dreading it which is why I’m not ruining Xmas day with the news lol

#48 Sunnygirl20

Posted 28 November 2018 - 07:31 PM

Hey guys😁 I’m also jumping in here... due 1st aug so kinda on the tail end! I went at 37 weeks with DD (just turned 2!) so I may go early again... all is well here I’ve had some bloods done and will go for a dating scan around 8-9 weeks... I’m 5 weeks tomorrow... first pregnancy was horrible with constant morning sickness the whole time and having to get my gallbladder removed at 25 weeks.. anyways keen for a none eventful 8 months x

#49 bubbaowe

Posted 28 November 2018 - 08:51 PM

View PostSunnygirl20, on 28 November 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

Hey guys I’m also jumping in here... due 1st aug so kinda on the tail end! I went at 37 weeks with DD (just turned 2!) so I may go early again... all is well here I’ve had some bloods done and will go for a dating scan around 8-9 weeks... I’m 5 weeks tomorrow... first pregnancy was horrible with constant morning sickness the whole time and having to get my gallbladder removed at 25 weeks.. anyways keen for a none eventful 8 months x

Here's hoping this pregnancy is a lot smoother. I had gallbladder issues with my last pregnancy too. Bub was almost delivered at 32 weeks as I had a blocked duct which had caused severe pancreatitis. In the end they managed to clear the blocked duct, and I had it out 6 weeks pp and bub waited 10 days past her due date!

#50 GranMultigravida

Posted 29 November 2018 - 09:38 AM

View Post~river song~, on 28 November 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

Baby #4 for us and this many kids seems to have most people thinking you’re insane or stupid! I come from a big family myself but my mum has told me more times than I can count that the three we have is plenty, my sister has 4 but says 2 or 3 were easier. I’ve also lost a lot of weight in last 2yrs and could regain some of that which they know i’d be worried about. We’ve also had a lot of miscarriages between our girls. I’m up for a promotion at work, we were due to go overseas in September and I’m 37! There are more reasons for us to not have a baby than there are to have one, and we actually said after our last that 3 was it.
I don’t know anyone that’s really had overly positive responses from family with this many kids.
So yeah for me I’m dreading it which is why I’m not ruining Xmas day with the news lol

Ha can you imagine the eye rolls I will get being baby #9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.