Ready Set Go Girls #280

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
279 replies to this topic

#26 Jelly11

Posted 04 November 2018 - 09:01 AM

Good luck for EPU tomorrow CK, I hope you get a good number, but more importantly good quality.

Maufie - Yay I'm so excited for you but understand the early caution too. Fingers are crossed for a great hcg number wednesday.

Mara - well done on starting your meds and I'm glad your finding them pretty easy too. I've actually found all my orgalutran shots since the first one much better, not much of a reaction so that's a relief. I've been rubbing the area for about a minute after the shot so that could be making the difference. Good luck for Tuesday's scan, I hope we both get some good numbers!

#27 MsHopeful18

Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:00 AM

Oh Maufie, that is so so exciting!!! I really hope you get a great result Wednesday and that is some super willpower, to not test any more until then.

Joany, sorry the test was negative and I hope you can get started soon. So annoying when AF doesn’t come when you actually need it to.

Mara, I think a good cry helps and all of the hormones make every emotion worse. Good luck for your next scan, hope the follows are growing nicely.

CK, all the best for tomorrow for a good result and minimal pain.

Jelly, good luck for your next scan, I am sure you will see a lot of progress. And it’s great you’ve got the hang of the injections.

AFM, not much happening. 4dp5dt and been having bloating and cramping since transfer, but I think that’s Crinone related as I had it last cycle.

#28 Jelly11

Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:07 AM

When is you bt MsHopeful?

#29 MsHopeful18

Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:09 AM

Hi Jelly, it’s next Monday 12th which is ages away! I have never actually made it to the official BT day as AF shows up or I test and know I’m out. So not holding out much hope at all.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!

#30 Mara6

Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:22 AM

Ahhh Maufie! That is so exciting! I understand your cautiousness but try not to worry too much and enjoy the feeling, I hope your little embie gets stronger and stronger, hurry up Wednesday! xxx

Hi Mshopeful are you planning to Poas before Monday? Hoping those cramps are good signs, 4dp the embryo would be burrowing right in I think? Fingers crossed for you xx

Hi Ck, congrats on triggering, how are you feeling? Ah, maybe it is the stims then making me tired. I'm definitely "body tired" and am glad I'm not at work for this. I admire all of you who go through the whole cycle while working. And yep, I'm a sympathetic cryer too, especially anything to do with animals. Good luck for tomorrow Ck xxx

Jelly I'm glad the orgalutran is easier now, I rub the site too, I'm sure it helps. My nurse also said to leave it sit for a couple minutes before injecting after getting it out of the fridge as it stings more when it's cold. Not sure if the set up of yours is different though. Yes, good luck to you too, fingers crossed for some great numbers. xxx

#31 maufie85

Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:43 AM

Thanks so much ladies, and ms hopeful I’m staying very hopeful for you for this cycle!!

I’m glad the orgalutran isn’t hurting you jelly and Mara you will be fine with them I know. I kind of like that stinging after the shot cos it makes me feel like it’s doing something/working lol? If that’s odd I understand...

I’m not sure about my will power, will probably test again on Wednesday myself just so that if the line disappears I won’t get a bad shock at work. But yes trying to stay as hopeful as realistically possible.

I agree working while cycling is tough- this round I didn’t tell anyone at work what was going on but that was better as no one was asking me how things were going..

Enjoy the Sunday! How are you going Theia we haven’t heard from you in a bit :) xox

#32 Theia

Posted 04 November 2018 - 02:38 PM

Hi all, thanks everyone for checking in on me. Things have been a little hectic for me lately so apologies for the lack of personals, I am following along and thinking of you all. Maufie, I've got everything crossed for you for some great news on wednesday.

Unfortunately it was not good news for me, all three tested embryos came back with abnormalities. Hoping it was just bad luck and we can get something this round. My first scan for this round is tomorrow.

#33 ckmelb

Posted 04 November 2018 - 02:55 PM

Oh Theia I am so sad to hear it, 3 was such a good number to put through testing. But it's just luck sometimes at the end of the day. Wishing you the best for this next round

#34 maufie85

Posted 04 November 2018 - 03:12 PM

Theia I’m so sorry to hear that they tested abnormally, and wishing you the very best of luck for this next cycle. Thanks so much for he kind wellwishes xox

#35 Mara6

Posted 04 November 2018 - 04:34 PM

I'm so sorry those three had abnormalities Theia. It's good you had them tested and found out now. And great you can get straight back into it. All the best for your scan tomorrow xxx

#36 Joany

Posted 04 November 2018 - 05:51 PM

Maufie - a faint positive is a positive. Crossing my fingers and toes for you 🤞🤞

Hopeful - I hope the cramping is also a sign of embryo nuzzling in. It’s so hard though when the medications can give you similar symptoms. Monday 12th for BT? That is ages, is that because collection was a little earlier than normal?

CK - good luck for tomorrow CK. Hope that egg is nice and primed and ready to be fertilised!

Mara - I’ve cried a lot this week. A lot! I do usually have a massive cry at the start of every cycle which really helps. Glad the needles are going well. We’ve decided not to tell our families when we’re actually starting this cycle, they know it’s coming up but will try and keep it between us. We did this last time and found it a bit easier, when it didn’t work I could tell everyone when I felt up to it instead of explaining each scan, test, phone call etc.

Theia - that is really sh*t luck. I’m so sorry to hear that. Hope this cycle is better for you.

AF has arrived. Whooop! Never thought I’d get excited to say that but just keen to get started now. Will call the nurses tomorrow and hopefully I can start jabbing 💉

#37 Mara6

Posted 04 November 2018 - 06:26 PM

Hi Joany,  

That's great re AF, hopefully you're good to go tomorrow. I know what you mean about keeping it private. I'm feeling a little bad about not telling my mother, she would be so excited, and I'd be happy to see her happy but I think I couldn't handle all the questions and pressure. I think she's actually given up on grand children so it will be great to tell her "when" I see that positive. Well maybe a bit further along than that but you know what I mean.

I have a few close friends who are in on each test and scan and it's really nice that they're so supportive, but I can already tell that I'll try to keep it a bit quieter next time around.

Good luck for tomorrow 😊

#38 maufie85

Posted 05 November 2018 - 05:46 AM

Yay for AF Joany :) hope you can start jabbing soon!

Thinking of you today Ck and have everything crossed for a great pick up xox

#39 Theia

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:31 AM

Good luck today maufie.

#40 maufie85

Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:10 AM

Cheers thanks Theia- I poas this morning (frer)  and the line is still there- Wednesday is my beta :) xx

#41 Theia

Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:45 AM

Great news maufie!

Thinking of you too ck, hope it goes well today.

#42 ckmelb

Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:59 AM

That's such good news Maufie. Not long now...

I have a late morning EPU so I am sitting around at home not eating or drinking. I even curled my hair to kill some time...

#43 Mara6

Posted 05 November 2018 - 08:19 AM

Yay Maufie, I was secretly hoping you would do that. That is great it's still there xx

Ck Haha that's great,  I hope the morning goes quickly and you have a great pick up xxx

Good luck today with your scan Theia I hope all looks good to get started xxx

#44 ckmelb

Posted 05 November 2018 - 11:36 AM

Egg collection went well so hoping fertilisation comes back ok tomorrow. This will be a frozen cycle since my lining was quite thin since I went a day early. I am ok with that and it was discussed as a likely possibility last week

#45 Mara6

Posted 05 November 2018 - 11:43 AM

Oh that's great Ck, so glad your eggs waited to be collected. Fingers crossed for fertilization, and enjoy a well earned rest now :)

#46 maufie85

Posted 05 November 2018 - 12:07 PM

Very glad to hear it went well Ck and fingers crossed for positive fert news tomorrow :) xoxo

#47 Mara6

Posted 05 November 2018 - 02:56 PM

I'm definitely feeling the effects of the stimulation, lots of bubbles and pops and twinges happening. Hopefully it's a good sign.

#48 Jelly11

Posted 05 November 2018 - 03:03 PM

Theia - Sorry to hear about your test results. I hope you have better luck this round.

Joany - I'm glad the wait is over and you can get started again. I hope you got the go ahead from the nurses today.

Ck - I'm glad your epu went well and we'll have our fingers crossed for good fertilisation numbers tomorrow.

#49 maufie85

Posted 05 November 2018 - 04:33 PM

Glad you’re feeling something Mara! :)

Good luck with your scan tomorrow Jelly.

Sending many hugs to you Theia xo

#50 MsHopeful18

Posted 05 November 2018 - 05:44 PM

Oh Theia, that really really sucks. So sorry to hear that. I hope your scan went well and this round will bring more success.

CK, glad today went well and hope you get a great fertilisation report!

Maufie, not long to go now! Sounds extremely promising, will you do any more tests before Wednesday?

Good luck for your scans Jelly and Mara! I find the stim part of the cycle goes so fast with all the blood tests and scans.

Joany, when do you start stims? Hope you are over the cold, hopefully the synarel and this new protocol will all be worth it.

AFM, nothing to report. Still feeling like it definitely didn't work and AF is around the corner. I am 5dp5dt and too scared to test so will be holding out I think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.